Sakebee

Weapon Balance

The Joker Carbine is finally getting more reserve ammo.

It only took about 9 years.

Also how the Obeya CR 762 rifle remains untouched is wild, considering how huge a patch this is.

Also slight typo here:

jbS6ZpU.png

Can we expect another article @Sakebee?

Edited by Lord Cashpoint
  • Like 3

Can't wait for the outcry on the forums this time.

Honestly excited how those changes will play out, it's time APB gets some fresh air into its stale meta.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

Can we expect another article @Sakebee?

There will be a few more things here and there in the patch notes themselves, but this is the last of the large articles for this patch (it is already pretty huge!).

Like the PIG changes, can I recommend stun grenades get nerfed to 850 stun damage as well? Maybe buff the ltl primaries too? Also, bloom recovery on the TG-8 could be buffed, as it stands it can be a bit inconsistent. (Recovery Delay is too long, but recovery per second is very good.)

Also you nerfed the snub? The equip time was the only reason to use the gun in any situation. Could have been better to add some timer to the JG instead of nerfing a meme weapon.

Also, I don't think the PIG nerf will alter PIG+Perc much. Damage dropoff doesn't start until 3m (out of the 5.5m radius) with the percs, so there is still a decent buffer for missing. I definitely need to test it in game to be sure though. I'm still all for the PIG change, but don't think it will nerf that playstyle at all. 

Edited by Leefekyn
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Switching back and forth between JG and the Colby Snub-Nose Revolver is a problem in close quarters. You can see this frequently come up in Asylum. We are addressing this issue by increasing the equip time to 0.5. This change will keep the timer low while hopefully discouraging this playstyle.

Equip time: 0.1 -> 0.5 (Nerf)

giphy.gif

SBSR Rifle: 35 -> 32 (Nerf)
SBSR Sniper: 35 -> 32 (Nerf)

giphy.gif

Before going into the changes, it is important to establish the role of the PMG. This gun is meant to be a close-range SMG which may reach into the medium-range at a stretch, but its performance there should be held back by its bloom. This is a role we wish to respect.

Effective Range: 35 -> 20 (Nerf)

giphy.gif

Because we want to preserve areas where each of our weapon types can excel, we are implementing the bolt timer, which is used on guns like the N-HVR to prevent switching weapons until it's able to fire again, on the OBIR.

"how can we fix this gun"
A) lower damage
B) further destroy gameplay feel
13ijKgh.png

we have lowered the damage of the HVR to 800

accuracy-based-damage mechanic still in play
44a1f2eb1bc7d123d7137e6a9e63619a.gif

The ACT 44 will now shine as the more swift and mobile alternative in the long-range secondary category.

• Equip time: 0.6 -> 0.9 (Nerf)

tenor.gif

In contrast to the ACT 44, the RSA trades mobility for a much longer range.

ACT 44

• Effective range: 70 -> 60 (Nerf)

all 10m of much longer range
FarflungQuickHammerkop-max-1mb.gif

• Reserve ammo: 128 -> 120 (Nerf)

the last reserve ammo change doesn't even say what gun it is (star perhaps?)

tenor.gif

meme responses for meme changes

Edited by 404
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Really nice changes, it does look like LO is finally listening. Also, finally addressing the reserve ammo issue is a nice touch.

• Like 4

carbine will be too OP...

PD: WTS URSUS, send me a pm if you want it.

Edited by Uhtdred
  • Like 2

Really like these changes. but:
1. JG will still hit like a truck.
2. CSG is too inconsistent.
3. Carbine was completely fine, was it not?
4. Where is my tommy gun buff..

Edited by Pekausis_
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The SNR really really needed a buff to go with this [needed] equip time nerf, it can't hit the side of a barn over 10m but you give it a worse equip time than any non-long range secondary? ;/

42b177e9e0.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Pekausis_ said:

Really like these changes. but:
4. Where is my tommy gun buff..

0pFcd8V.png

You should NOT (REALLY NOT) balance any weapons based on Clotting Agent 3.

Seeing that line from scout 

"If the second shot misses, or if it takes a while to follow up the first one, the enemy will have regenerated enough health to avoid death."

A while means 8 seconds for people without any Clotting Agent. I am not sure if you guys balance the weapon based on CA1-3

and the nerf for HVR is not helpful, people without CA3 will suffer from the same fate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

why nerf the scouts equip time?

3ps3 scout is just gonna be useless now?

• Thanks 1

Nerf shit out of anything and buff OCA?

My sides...

S1XPPS4.jpg

Finally! We're getting out of the worst meta period APB has ever seen once this patch hits. These changes seem pretty solid. Can't wait to see them in-game. I'd only argue that the PIG's range should also be nerfed from 10m to 5m.

I'll likely have more feedback once I've had a chance to play around with it but these look pretty good on paper.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, claude said:

why nerf the scouts equip time?

3ps3 scout is just gonna be useless now?

To prevent more quickswitching due to its buffed damage.

• Like 1

Eh can u increase the magazine capacity of cap 40 by 2 rounds and make it 30 ... OCD chips away at my soul when I play this gun.

Just now, Pedroxin said:

Eh can u increase the magazine capacity of cap 40 by 2 rounds and make it 30 ... OCD chips away at my soul when I play this gun.

Just divide by 7

ehem.... What about snub? What playstyle will it fit now? oh yeah its back in dumpsters with old tommy gun

• Like 1

PMG now has less full damage range than OCA ... where is the logic? You are just killing PMG.

• Like 3

Oh great... more nerfing.

And to see most of you even agree with it, disgusting.

This way you can all see what this place has evolved into.

Secluded mindsets, ready to pop out whenever there is something to abuse over whatever is left of this game.

Cheering this terminal condition under the impression that every step its actually good as long as it sound like an update.

At this point we will have to cope with this preeminent sect of ppl that consider harm as a productive improvement overall.

No wonder you can't find this game articles ANYWHERE, not even low radar top games of any kind, not before,and not EVER i believe.

Yet the strange thing is that this game does have addictive properties, so it does have allot of potential, problem is the influence of its reputation and development.

The translation for this kind of "updates" should sound something like this: "disarm all the noobs of their metas, and let us yellows enjoy it all."

I must say... i haven't seen any good upgrade other than that jt store improvement since LO took over.

Either way, you have officially nerfed all the weapons i enjoyed using before, "thaaaaaanx!" LO, less weapons to play, less interest to endorse the rules.

Gonna have to enjoy afk more often than before now... it helps with the justification of staying bronze ^^ cuz u see, being bronze avoids you of that stupid district joining extra text, which depletes my mouse allot, silver is so yesterday, and im loving it.

I'm only joining this game to play dailies twice a week, as for winning or losing, i couldn't care less, after all... it is our health in play here, if you reality check into it.

I would like to honor mention the Mobile cover, you have drove that into the ground right after a few months i just got used to it, thank you LO couldn't appreciate more. you bunch are all over it when i less expected it, keep up the good job 🙂

I kinda have this feeling that after engine upgrade they will gain some overconfidence and start hunting down bronze 255 lmao.

Good for me, im tired by now, and all i want its some peace and fucking relaxation, this game its all about stress, and addiction.

Edited by Vnight
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Leefekyn said:

Also you nerfed the snub? The equip time was the only reason to use the gun in any situation. Could have been better to add some timer to the JG instead of nerfing a meme weapon.

this makes me sad 😞

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Frosi said:

To prevent more quickswitching due to its buffed damage.

so now CJ3 scout is just gonna be better lol

it nerfs the one thing the 3ps3 scout does better than scout with cj3

I Can't wait to finally play a 4vs4 oca missions only...

seriously this weapon balance is worse than the one before it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1