Sign in to follow this  
DakkaDakkaDakka

Dakka's list

It's been a while since I've played so I could get a few things wrong, my apologies. But I remember few things grinding my gears, and few ideas of how to improve things so I'm going to store them here in hope someone feels the same way or perhaps someone in LO takes notice and implement it if any of this is good. Anyway - here's my wall of text.

1) Fuzzy Bunny Shotgun - make it do a tiny bit more damage than Elephant Gun or give it a nice +rifle bonus, anything really just so that it's not a reskin. Right now you're paying more rifle points for no additional damage.

2) Low level keeps - delete all the high level consumables, if memory serves right. There's like level 55 stuff there for no good reason.

3) Make a faction keep in sector 1 pvp zone. The new players won't be aggroed by the npc guard, but won't be able to loot faction supplies, sparking interest in how it all works. Whichever faction controls this keep, gets most exposure, so those clans that want more recruits would fight over the real estate.

4) Make an item that stops xp gain, a trinket. A "broken lifenet collar". Something that would also give +15 Stamina Regen like muscular regulator does.

5) Rework some of the trinkets so that they could be useful. Some trinkets give like +2 Health Regen +2 Stamina Regen and never get used because everyone uses muscular regulator. They could provide benefit scaled to user's level.

6) Fix non-faction people not getting deathtoll from killing each other.

7) Make a clan invite be something you have to do in person, like the way you start a duel. Too many people get sent an invite, accept it, and then never interact with anyone and after a few days log off forever. They need to see that some people have clan tags, and some don't, and they need to get curious and actually engage another player with a clan tag, you know, interact a little. Clan tag should mean something, and clans just mass inviting everyone and then never talking to them cheapens what a clan should be. Make a clan invite cost 10b for person inviting. It's non issue amount of money, but already you will think twice before inviting 40 random people.
You'll have a talk with them first, feel them out. In my opinion.

8 ) Have a few non-marketplace items that can only be bought with chips. And make them cost 10y. Money sinks. Make them look so that they're actually worth it.

9 ) Last I was playing, people went straight for  GT stage suits, skipping every single suit in between. I think that, in order to craft GT stage suit, you need every single per-requisite suit. So,
Engineered Mesoprene Suit -> Volatile Mesoprene Suit -> Mesoprene Stage 2 Coresuit -> Lifeline Coresuit -> GT Stage 1

And no skipping by using faction suits either. This ensures that pre-fall techs are a commodity again and grinding citadel is worth it.

10) In outpost, the enemies drop too many valuable things like volatile chems, that really needs to go.

11) Would it be too much to ask that once a month like, earthwalker spawned near embry, but it would take an entire raid team to down it? Make it an event and make it drop something special, then 55's would visit lowbie zone, lowbies would witness and participate in something exciting, you know, get some energy going. If this dropped a sub for a month, you would not go broke from a single person getting a sub once a month. But this would create a buzz and people would sign on to play that day.

12 ) In stalker online, the keeps are on a timer, and they only have vulnerability during certain time, let's say once a day. During that time, clans gather to either assault or defend their keep. When timer pops off, pvp usually starts, unless the defenders aren't there to defend. I'm not sure if this would kill pvp at large in fe. But there's enough keeps in district to have a fight every hour of the day, half hour even... I think it would be interesting if a keep was "held" for a day, it spawned an npc guard near the keep, along some faction mats so that crafters could sneak in while under "protection" of the guard. And if keep was held for 2 days, it was 2 guards, 5 guards etc. That way a single person could not take a keep that someone managed to defend 5 times, they would have to bring some protection. Just some thoughts about this.

================================================
I'll keep adding. Please feel free to speak your mind about any of this.

Edited by DakkaDakkaDakka

Well we already had the fun of Stage 3, which was a bust. If anything progression should apply to previous suits making them considerably easier to get, thus making them stepping stones until GT.

number 2 is stupid. S1 is made for a understanding of the basic game function. no one pvped in s1 due to g1 changing it so that no factions gave no dt due to an exploit 

number 4 is just why

number 9 we have stage 3. ever made one? no it takes pvping hours of faction farming a shit ton of mat farming and hours of hours of crafting. cheaper to go for GT suit after a volatile hex/mesa suit 

number 11 your asking for trouble too many low levels would accidentally run into or get cuirois and die 

number 12. it;s like that expect the keeps come open at any time. you gotta take the risk of alerting a faction to that zone. in say 2014 dump pvp attacking one of those keeps you would draw atleast 5 players to the zone that would attack you. as of 2018 that died out 

number 10 out post isnt really worth the time keep it in so people will travel beyond the wall, and further more lower how awful the difficulty is so single players can do the ends with ease. like scaling to team or players in the event zone

is your point to make the game harder for new comers? thats what i got off this list

I know I hated like hell the MONTHS that it took me to make my bulwark suit, and the day or so it took for my GT stage 1 defense suit was a huge breath of fresh air.

When I get home I'll give a quick glance through it all.... There's a lot more to go through

On 9/8/2020 at 10:46 PM, DakkaDakkaDakka said:

1) Fuzzy Bunny Shotgun - Adjust it to 164 requirement, less complaints that way to get a decent shotgun. Tho that also means it's item level would need to equal a elephant shotgun.

2) Low level keep consumables - I don't disagree, should be in high level PVP zones, they are literally PVP consumes.

3) We don't need more PVP zones, we actually should have more restrictions on them. (S2 should be 20-30, S3 should be 30-45, and then you gotta go to DF/TC/TW/Blockade/etc)

4) Make an item that stops xp gain, a trinket. Would assist with the above statement I made, honestly this should be a option and maybe considered as a "sub only" feature.

5) Rework some of the trinkets so that they could be useful. Strongly agree we need more viable trinkets, it's quite sad currently there is a total of 5-6 trinkets worth mentioning out of dozens. Even then most only use Vile Fungal Culture, Muscular Regulator, Blight Wolf Tail, and maybe Hulk Armor Plate. Obviously there's a few active-use ones that are nice of course. Oh and that skull one, huge HP boost.

6) Fix non-faction people not getting deathtoll from killing each other. Deathtoll can be earned via bloodsports, the reason you can't without a faction is more than likely tied to zero loss of rep or otherwise. Who's gonna pay up your deathtoll if you aren't earning faction?

7) Make a clan invite be something you have to do in person There's no harm in remotely inviting, so I don't see a point in this.

8 ) Have a few non-marketplace items that can only be bought with chips. And make them cost 10y. With a new client we'll likely not be restricted to the visual "cap" of chips, not to mention hopefully have no duping to avoid needing to go crazy with it. That being said, it isn't a bad idea to have for trading, as long as it can't be effected by social.

9 ) Last I was playing, people went straight for  GT stage suits, skipping every single suit in between. I think that, in order to craft GT stage suit, you need every single per-requisite suit. So,
Engineered Mesoprene Suit -> Volatile Mesoprene Suit -> Mesoprene Stage 2 Coresuit -> Lifeline Coresuit -> GT Stage 1

And no skipping by using faction suits either. This ensures that pre-fall techs are a commodity again and grinding citadel is worth it.

Or... crazy thought. Maybe make proper progression so it's worth going to lower tier suits?

• DT tier 2 suits are over 400k DT
  • Stage 3 Suits required 455k DT (Mind you this can also include DT tier 2 suit so 855k

We don't need these suits to go into one another, we need them to properly scale to where "Oh ya I could use that suit and it's a good stepping stone until I get the next."

10) In outpost, the enemies drop too many valuable things like volatile chems, that really needs to go. - I don't disagree on this, however there's very little reason to even go to TW anymore at the same time as there's no real progression. But there is no reason for TW loot to be dropping in outpost, period.

11) Would it be too much to ask that once a month like, earthwalker spawned near embry. - There's nothing wrong with more events, so +1. I'd rather see world events work and their rewards be worth it before adding "new" ones. If people aren't doing the old ones, we need to know why people aren't. (It's because the rewards blow)

12 ) In stalker online, the keeps are on a timer, and they only have vulnerability during certain time, let's say once a day. During that time, clans gather to either assault or defend their keep. When timer pops off, pvp usually starts, unless the defenders aren't there to defend. I'm not sure if this would kill pvp at large in fe. But there's enough keeps in district to have a fight every hour of the day, half hour even... I think it would be interesting if a keep was "held" for a day, it spawned an npc guard near the keep, along some faction mats so that crafters could sneak in while under "protection" of the guard. And if keep was held for 2 days, it was 2 guards, 5 guards etc. That way a single person could not take a keep that someone managed to defend 5 times, they would have to bring some protection. Just some thoughts about this.

I agree the idea of flipping keeps when nobody is there is weaksauce, tho there's very little benefit of staying there or defending them. Address the functionality of keeps, then consider this. The current system works fine as-is, boost their overall usefulness and then we should worry about if someone ninja's them.

The idea of "guards" for keeps isn't a bad one, tho this is a tough one as NPCs never miss, so they can't be too strong nor have abilities which would tilt for defenders.

Edited by NysekZePope