Sign in to follow this  
lvrq

leveling on apb

I have played APB for a very long time now and I have leveled many characters to max or close to max. In the prime time of APB, leveling to max took around 600-700 hours played, this is more than most people ever put into a single game. Currently in APB, there is far fewer players, therefore you get far fewer missions. Leveling now takes substantially longer than before. On top of this absurd amount of time it takes to level, half the mods in the game arent even unlocked until 195, which takes like 300-400 hours played, which is still more time than some are willing/able to put into a game. I feel that increasing the experience gain by 2x or 3x would speed up leveling and make end game seem more reachable to players, especially those who dont feel the game is worth their time because they dont have the time to dedicate.

• Like 1

By the time you get to the new mods you've either already built your playstyle arouns certain things or you're already using your resources to buy weekly leases of those mods. 

MMO progressions are usually slow like that. These games benefit off people playing. Seeing r195 as a goal keeps people playing, the exp gain just makes it so they play long enough and usually buy real cash items along the way.

It's flawed. There's no benefit on getting to 255. No reward. By the time you get to 195 you've already made enough APB$ to buy all of those mods, and you definitely got spare cash to buy a low tier legendary. 

Just now, _chain said:

By the time you get to the new mods you've either already built your playstyle arouns certain things or you're already using your resources to buy weekly leases of those mods. 

MMO progressions are usually slow like that. These games benefit off people playing. Seeing r195 as a goal keeps people playing, the exp gain just makes it so they play long enough and usually buy real cash items along the way.

It's flawed. There's no benefit on getting to 255. No reward. By the time you get to 195 you've already made enough APB$ to buy all of those mods, and you definitely got spare cash to buy a low tier legendary. 

it takes like 700 hours to get 195 in current pop on NA, no one is gonna bother. it doesnt matter if a typical MMO has long progression, this game is dead, and we are losing players by the day. Simple things like speeding it up from 700 hours to 200 hours will still retain players and not drastically affect anything. world of warcraft takes like a week to get max... not 700 hours

Edited by lvrq

It takes around 400-500 hours to get to 195 if you're an average player.

This is about equal to getting prestige 10 in most CoD games which is pretty fair in my opinion. Plus you're playing an MMO which is going to have those longer leveling times. There is no end game. The leveling time is the main part of the game for most.

A better option would be to shift around what you get at different levels.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

17 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

It takes around 400-500 hours to get to 195 if you're an average player.

This is about equal to getting prestige 10 in most CoD games which is pretty fair in my opinion. Plus you're playing an MMO which is going to have those longer leveling times. There is no end game. The leveling time is the main part of the game for most.

A better option would be to shift around what you get at different levels.

195 mods can greatly affect a mission, someone runs and you dont have a car surfer? you probably wont get them, especially now that they nerfed dog ear (for literally no reason). sure they could move the mods around, maybe remove the level requirement for them. a new player/ low rank player can go and get the joker mods sure, but every time i see a newer player join FC they leave after a round.

8 hours ago, lvrq said:

195 mods can greatly affect a mission, someone runs and you dont have a car surfer? you probably wont get them, especially now that they nerfed dog ear (for literally no reason). sure they could move the mods around, maybe remove the level requirement for them. a new player/ low rank player can go and get the joker mods sure, but every time i see a newer player join FC they leave after a round.

I cant stress enough telling people to keep track what LO says on streams, after the engine update they gonna rework threat-district stuff and planning to remove rank requirements for mods.
But until engine update is out everything is on HOLD.

Edited by Araun

a second issue with leveling is waterfront. most rarely ever go there, and theirs like 100 reasons why. thus leading to some getting stuck at rank 235 or so not being able to finish mule or other contacts and slowing people down or they give up and just quit