Sign in to follow this  
lvrq

NA segregated

NA has 200 players, Those 200 players are literally segregated by threat districts and east/west districts. My east friends would rather play EU than play west (some just dont play at all)and my west friends wont play east.  It is friday night and there is NO action district for golds to play in. Why do we still have the segregation, it makes no sense. It is literally killing the game.

EDIT

I forgot to add this but, we are also segregated by the fact some people dont need waterfront so they JUST DONT PLAY until its fin and so on

Merged.

turn off threat and give us back central servers for god sakes

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Damn I really feel bad for NA players, atleast for those who still try to play

Edited by wHisHi

4 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

Damn I really feel bad for NA players, atleast for those who still try to play

It's an unfair world.

I really wonder what happened to the plans of merging everything into 1 world server...

should've happened months ago...

dunno about the technical difficulties though, we could really use some news. APB needs this.

• Like 6

they should just delete NA and put all our characters onto EU since they dont give a fuck about people having to play with high ping. 

• Like 1

Is it possible for them to just hit a switch and let us play in EU? Or is there something in the code that connects you to NA then you can pick a server vs the new engine where you can just go to a server of your choice?

Because it would be nice to have the option to go to EU without having to pay more $$ than I already have on another character just for EU.

Why did they remove threat segregation just to re-add it as well?

Also after seeing the prototype fightclub district for the weird weapon testing thingy mer bop, im pretty sure if they wanted they could turn off the threat display and since it's a plan for the new engine why not do it already? Would stop a lot of people (my self included) bitching over threat.

Only thing threat segregation is doing (which also sounds good on paper) is give the noobies a fighting chance to get into this game. 

But people dethreat anyways and the result is less people to fight when you're in the silver districts.

I want to trust LO and have faith that as a company they know what they are doing and are thinking ahead when this engine (hopefully) is released.

7 hours ago, Snubnose said:

I really wonder what happened to the plans of merging everything into 1 world server...

should've happened months ago...

dunno about the technical difficulties though, we could really use some news. APB needs this.

4 hours ago, Motorola said:

they should just delete NA and put all our characters onto EU since they dont give a fuck about people having to play with high ping. 

10 hours ago, lvrq said:

turn off threat and give us back central servers for god sakes

4 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

Is it possible for them to just hit a switch and let us play in EU? Or is there something in the code that connects you to NA then you can pick a server vs the new engine where you can just go to a server of your choice?

Aren't all these things essentially just different ways of describing phasing which is currently in development?

11 hours ago, lvrq said:

Why do we still have the segregation

Segregation between threats has Always Been. There was a short time of Desegregation due to LO server changes n issues.

However I do Agree there is no reason for East/West at least not in NA.

If they desegregate again its gonna kill the game. there will be no one playing except golds and hax.

I know how you golds see it, Get Gud. But not everyone is Gold Material. Non Golds look at you guys like Super Gods.

I been playing over 5yrs n never seen gold, so whaat maybe imma scrub. But as a max rank with many armas weapons, if you put me against a gold team, i wont even try. I'll walk over there so i cant be reported for inactivity or afk but I'm not trying hard against what i already know is impossible. Especially if im doing a joker job.

If I'm not getting Joker tickets why play. But that is my personal agenda, but it applies to any sort of grind.

N that brings me to WF. WF Sucks for joker jobs, it also sucks for lag. It is great for stealing but they ruined stealing by screwing the notoriety 5, and what that did was take away the ram raiders n muggers and the cops that used to harass them. 

There should be a high and low server period. With Seg from golds on the lower server. And only when that instance is full does another appear on the menu. There is NO Reason for East/West. Seems like a waste of server rent 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Aren't all these things essentially just different ways of describing phasing which is currently in development?

Yes, but why not just dental floss duct tape Live until then

You think EU is better? 349 players at peak right now.

Only social and 2 bronze and one silver are partially full.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

I dont even know how to feel about this topic anymore... shit is pretty bleak on NA. 

Lack of population there is nearly comparable to Nekrova and Han?

2 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

I wasn't describing phasing, I'm talking about a single world server, so we don't have jericho / citadel anymore - basically no borders. everyone can play their main characters from NA in EU districts and vice versa.

phasing is when you get matchmaking between all the districts, and get a short sync load time when getting matched with people from another district.

phasing requires the engine update to be implemented first, not sure about merging everything into 1 world server though... shouldn't really require an engine update since it's more database stuff and no client side stuff...

33 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:

Lack of population there is nearly comparable to Nekrova and Han?

I remember when Jericho used to laugh at Han. 

Karma is a fuzzy bunny. 

55 minutes ago, Snubnose said:

I wasn't describing phasing, I'm talking about a single world server, so we don't have jericho / citadel anymore - basically no borders. everyone can play their main characters from NA in EU districts and vice versa.

phasing is when you get matchmaking between all the districts, and get a short sync load time when getting matched with people from another district.

phasing requires the engine update to be implemented first, not sure about merging everything into 1 world server though... shouldn't really require an engine update since it's more database stuff and no client side stuff...

Shows how much I know,  I seriously thought phasing was everyone getting to play together.

Ok so, phasing would just be matchmaking between different Districts on the same Server but Jericho West/East and Citadel would still remain separated?

And where would the server be? On elon's space internet?

3 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Shows how much I know,  I seriously thought phasing was everyone getting to play together.

Ok so, phasing would just be matchmaking between different Districts on the same Server but Jericho West/East and Citadel would still remain separated?

yes, phasing is matchmaking between different districts on the same server. but I'm pretty sure before we get phasing, we get a single world server merge... so there would be matchmaking across the whole world if needed. (obviously the game would put you together with people geographically closer to you)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

Yes, but why not just dental floss duct tape Live until then

I'd say doing that on NA probably wouldn't hurt because of the current population but it will still take time, effort, money away from the EU.

2 minutes ago, Snubnose said:

yes, phasing is matchmaking between different districts on the same server. but I'm pretty sure before we get phasing, we get a single world server merge... so there would be matchmaking across the whole world if needed. (obviously the game would put you together with people geographically closer to you)

Oh sad news bears. My excitement for phasing is not so great anymore.

Edited by KnifuWaifu

i said it a long time ago...

delete NA (move all characters to EU) and make a new south american server for all BRS and south americans (they aren't many, but still 50% of NA).

LO doesn't have to add 10000 districts to that south american server, just 1 financial and 1 waterfront and that's all (no social, no FC). These south american players would have to go to EU for social.

people from USA/CANADA would have more latency in that south american server than in Citadel, so move all those chars to EU.

Edited by Uhtdred

Remove threat segregation. Half the bronze district is gold colored anyway.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Karma is a fuzzy bunny. 

And all the while Citadel was all smug with their higher population... so you know I kinda hope karma stops for now

3 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

i said it a long time ago...

delete NA (move all characters to EU) and make a new south american server for all BRS and south americans (they aren't many, but still 50% of NA).

LO doesn't have to add 10000 districts to that south american server, just 1 financial and 1 waterfront and that's all (no social, no FC). These south american players would have to go to EU for social.

people from USA/CANADA would have more latency in that south american server than in Citadel, so move all those chars to EU.

you're advocating for a new south american server with even less pop than current na? why??

2 hours ago, 404 said:

you're advocating for a new south american server with even less pop than current na? why??

south american players stopped playing apb when people decided to choose west over east...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Acornie said:

And all the while Citadel was all smug with their higher population... so you know I kinda hope karma stops for now

We are already struggling to play on specific districts at times, due to threat segregation, so because many are purposely abusing the threat system, this now forces fair players to do the same or close the game. This threat segregation could very well be the final nail in the coffin to this game, if it's not removed soon.

Protecting new players at this point doesn't matter anyway, they've never been properly protected in the first place. Toxic part of this community along with G1/RP has made sure that very large portion of new players have given up on this game over long period of time.

• Thanks 2

On 9/5/2020 at 11:37 AM, CookiePuss said:

Karma is a fuzzy bunny. 

laugh at han, i didn't even know what han was

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this