Uhtdred

GHOSTSHOTS

I saw less ghostshots in the beta..

Do we have to wait until beta to see ghostshots fixed? Can't you fix ghostshots in the current APB??

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

I saw less ghostshots in the beta..

Do we have to wait until beta to see ghostshots fixed? Can't you fix ghostshots in the current APB??

I believe they cant

• Like 1

you're asking orbit to fix something that's already been fixed in the future, essentially doing extra work that will all be wasted once they delete the current engine version of apb

9 hours ago, 404 said:

you're asking orbit to fix something that's already been fixed in the future, essentially doing extra work that will all be wasted once they delete the current engine version of apb

that's like saying "nvm this current engine, don't fix any issues with it, because engine update is coming".

that makes no sense at all.

2 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

that's like saying "nvm this current engine, don't fix any issues with it, because engine update is coming".

that makes no sense at all.

it makes perfect sense and its already what's happening to a lot of stuff (e.g. mobile radar tower), everything on the current engine is likely being weighed on a scale - is it worth it to pull devs off the engine upgrade for this or not?

i assume ghostshots are a time intensive problem, so it doesnt make sense to delay the engine upgrade looking for a fix when the engine upgrade is the fix

Edited by 404
typo

Some people still don't seem to understand that what happens on the current live game doesn't matter all that much. The game is not being advertised or marketed anywhere and the game is kept on more or less life support so we can play it in the mean time. They are doing some band aid fixes that can be done easily on this engine (like they have) so they can later port them to the new one but there are other issues they cannot fix easily on this engine. What matters in the end is what the end product will look and perform like whenever they decide to market the game and actually try to gain players. That is after the new engine does come out and many things (ghost shots included) are hopefully fixed. This is how I see it at least.

• Like 3

What is a ghost shot?

Is that because the guns are server sided so sometimes you shoot but nothing lands because the bullet never existed in the first place?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What do you mean by ghost shots? Reloaded partially fixed the issue with weapons shooting client sided but not shooting server sided.

If you mean shots not hitting, that's a network problem. It's been bad since they switched from Softlayer to Amazon AWS .

18 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

What do you mean by ghost shots? Reloaded partially fixed the issue with weapons shooting client sided but not shooting server sided.

If you mean shots not hitting, that's a network problem. It's been bad since they switched from Softlayer to Amazon AWS .

with oscar, for example, I shoot 4 times but APB only register 3 of them.

I hear the sound of the gun shooting 4 times, and the animation of 4 shoots, however, in the magazine at top right of the screen, only spent 3 shots.

let's say you sucesfully shot 4 times to the enemy, u should have killed him, however, due to ghostshots, you only hit him 3 times, and not 4, so enemy is still alive.

Edited by Uhtdred

12 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

I hear the sound of the gun shooting 4 times, and the animation of 4 shoots, however, in the magazine at top right of the screen, only spent 3 shots.

let's say you sucesfully shot 4 times to the enemy, u should have killed him, however, due to ghostshots, you only hit him 3 times, and not 4, so enemy is still alive.

Oscar fire a shot composed of 2 bullets , when meanwhile u fire u have to have a good tracking for letting the burst of 2 bullets hit every time your opponents, otherwise u will need more than 4 shot times for killing your opponent.

For tracking well a opponent u have to decent aim/ predict (improving by playing).... and a good latency.

before when I have a better connection I didnt have a lot of matter killing with 4 shots (after 500 hrs of solo oscar v.v ),  I dont know if APB dont register one or two of it for the higher difference between my client/ server side, we know some weapons suffer more than others a little higher latency than others.

Weird, I Tried Oscar with CJ in closer ranges I see a improvment, maybe if Lo JUST improve  a little the fire rate between each burst of the burst, it may a be democratic solution

22 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

Alright you actually mean shots not shooting server sided. Best way to combat that with semi-auto weapons is to use CJ3 or shoot slightly slower. The servers don't run at a high enough tickrate.

On 9/5/2020 at 7:02 PM, SquirrelFace said:

Alright you actually mean shots not shooting server sided. Best way to combat that with semi-auto weapons is to use CJ3 or shoot slightly slower. The servers don't run at a high enough tickrate.

tried CJ3 but didn't fix it... besides oscar is useless with cj3 imo

1 hour ago, Uhtdred said:

it is, it reduces the time between rounds in a burst, not between bursts

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

For the most part ya it is, but thought it might help prevent ghost shots. It might be routing issue. I have issues to US-West, and every so often US-East craps out. I need to disconnect/reconnect to the district to fix it on east.

Edited by SquirrelFace

1 hour ago, SquirrelFace said:

For the most part ya it is, but thought it might help prevent ghost shots. It might be routing issue. I have issues to US-West, and every so often US-East craps out. I need to disconnect/reconnect to the district to fix it on east.

yes, it's a latency issue.

When I had 50ms i didnt have ghostshots at all or very few ones..

well ghostshoots are mainly client predicting you shooted but that information didnt get into the server so server rejects the information you killed a player cause that ONE shoot didnt get delivered to the game server. There are numerous factors coresponded to this few of them: Low game FPS, high Latency, increased server latency, stutters, macro usage without knowledge how to setup it (aka 1ms clicks), high FPS and high latency, packet losses... etc and so on.

• Like 1

Ghostshots are wonderful feature, I love those situations where I play against someone that utilizes movement and cover well, you hit first SG in his face you miss the 2nd, and the 3rd that ought to kill him is a fucking ghostshot and you end up dead.

Was wondering how long it'd take for a ghost shot thread to show up after the reversion back to BattlEye. Let this be your reminder that this issue is one of the many, many things exacerbated by BattlEye.

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Was wondering how long it'd take for a ghost shot thread to show up after the reversion back to BattlEye. Let this be your reminder that this issue is one of the many, many things exacerbated by BattlEye.

No, I have had ghostshots with battle eye, easy anti cheat, punkbuster, fairfight, and whatever anti cheat u insert here.

Edited by Uhtdred

6 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

We can't even joke around in the general discussion forums now?

So long as you follow the rules, joke all you want. 

Also, it's up to you to read and understand the rules. 

i hit a 300 ping player 3 times with a sitting duck without missing and then died. he even had the duck tagger over his head. id say "hp hacks" but yeah thats not a thing.

On 9/28/2020 at 3:42 AM, Uhtdred said:

No, I have had ghostshots with battle eye, easy anti cheat, punkbuster, fairfight, and whatever anti cheat u insert here.

Your internet service giving you packet loss is not the fault of APB. Ghost shots were non-existent during EAC, and only really showed up during peak hours after multiple weeks without server maint while under FairFight (although I don't think it was directly because of FairFight, but rather something else causing trouble during the same period of time). Punkbuster goes without saying of course, absolute garbage service that did nothing of value while simultaneously grinding the game into a miserable broken mess.

Just blame the BRs for ghost shots. they get most of the blame already for what happens so why not add more.

or as I've seen about 100 million times "just buy a new pc, there not expensive for a good one"