Sign in to follow this  
Delete884943468320878423

End of times for APB is near...

1 hour ago, yJung said:

It's literally nothing about "some could dislike the way he said it", it's about him ranting without even giving information, why he's disliking (I guess) the new patch. Opening a thread to rant about the patch is honestly just useless, as it doesn't give the other players (maybe SPCT) a discussion field to even consider his thoughts.

You can't say "there is some truth about how the game has been turning in the same direction that seems to made it sink more than it already was", because there is no "truth" to be taken from, as there is no information, if his feelings are justified or not.

Again, if it's such a horrible direction, may you enlighten us to know which it is? Just "feeling" it's a wrong direction isn't a qualified opinion, you at least must know why it's a wrong direction. 

You clearly didn't read his post from an unbiased perspective. What he said is true, the objective truth, analyze it and you may understand why. Unless you've never been around in the last 3, 4 years or even the past 10 years to have a better reference of the direction the game could or have been taking.

im sure game is dying not because of LOs nature or anything they got access to all the data and they play it them selfs (co ive been told) and try to adjust the play for more people. the issue is what i see every fucking time i log in. you go to silver theirs 20 people. what happens? the same match for 5 matchs in a row its a 2v2 same two opp same people you can not kill because 1 there better then you or 2 there cheating. and this gos on for hours minutes how ever long you play. then you get a new one same shit and it's because of the fact your fighting the same 6 people with the same six guns that it gets stale boring as fuck frustrating. so all that is happening is a dying game is dying because it's the same thing with no new matchs each time. i swear if they add a coll down so you can't face off the same shitty pre-made that can pin point your spawns each time not allowing you to play it would help a tiny bit. BUT AW FUCK WHO AM I KIDDING THERE JUST GONNA NERF MORE GUNS AND ADD PRESET CLOTHES TO ARMAS RIGHT?

no seriously LO fix this matching with the same people when you can't fucking kill them no matter how hard you try how many times you change your gun shit. it's not fun to play this dull patootie game when it's the same each time i log in. stale = game death. look what happen to fallen earth 1 sector open in my time  and it wasn't worth it, and it didn't draw back people for long

1 hour ago, cowhorseman said:

im sure game is dying not because of LOs nature or anything they got access to all the data and they play it them selfs (co ive been told) and try to adjust the play for more people. the issue is what i see every fucking time i log in. you go to silver theirs 20 people. what happens? the same match for 5 matchs in a row its a 2v2 same two opp same people you can not kill because 1 there better then you or 2 there cheating. and this gos on for hours minutes how ever long you play. then you get a new one same shit and it's because of the fact your fighting the same 6 people with the same six guns that it gets stale boring as fuck frustrating. so all that is happening is a dying game is dying because it's the same thing with no new matchs each time. i swear if they add a coll down so you can't face off the same shitty pre-made that can pin point your spawns each time not allowing you to play it would help a tiny bit. BUT AW FUCK WHO AM I KIDDING THERE JUST GONNA NERF MORE GUNS AND ADD PRESET CLOTHES TO ARMAS RIGHT?

no seriously LO fix this matching with the same people when you can't fucking kill them no matter how hard you try how many times you change your gun shit. it's not fun to play this dull patootie game when it's the same each time i log in. stale = game death. look what happen to fallen earth 1 sector open in my time  and it wasn't worth it, and it didn't draw back people for long

Without condemning or condoning your rant, I agree with the sentiment.

They are fixing it, but they want to just get this engine update rolled out so they can start overhauling other systems in the game first.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Salvick said:

Or advised them not to listen yours too?

And where exactly is my "thread?"

Not sure how you failed this badly to the point where you don't know what a thread is.

People still thinking that either good or bad management would do anything to improve or destroy numbers.

Na. Way more simple than that. It's an 11 year old game. Game's die with time. Give it up.

12 hours ago, Salvick said:

You clearly didn't read his post from an unbiased perspective. What he said is true, the objective truth, analyze it and you may understand why. Unless you've never been around in the last 3, 4 years or even the past 10 years to have a better reference of the direction the game could or have been taking.

Just for the sake of it, I read it twice again with my third eye, analyzed it, and come to the conclusion, that it's still a useless ranting thread, again.

To break it down:

"You nerfed the shit out of this game, no wonder we're having new low population records" If people want to leave just because their favourite gun was nerfed (because it was OVERperforming, and they can't stay  gold anymore), it's fine by me, you can't please everyone, especially not those who don't understand balance and can't adapt to changes (btw. it's a skill). But as it stands, I doubt the game is experiencing the loss of people playing it, because of the nerfs. I would say, it's more the nature of the community, and gameplay of the game. The first LO can't change, the latter they are trying to, by working on the new engine. 

"this is something way out of your reach as a game that has a long lethal history of imminent death." I asked myself that earlier, what if a much bigger company bought APB, they would've more staff so the engine wouldn't need so long to be ready. But from the other side, other companies probably wouldn't have implemented the Joker Store, and make items in this game much more accessible for f2p players. Either way, they would've worked on the same things LO does.

"It is sad to see your self destroying solutions as its something normal." Here comes the third time I'm telling this, what solutions? Look, because you didn't (couldn't) formulate your thoughts correctly, one can only imagine what solutions you are talking about.

"We are not your friends, never was or will be, we are your worst enemies, yet here you are listening to us" First part - dumb.  "its yellow in cooperation with the devs" Yes, it wouldn't be wise to listen to silvers, bronzes, greens, would it? The SPCT consists of players (who are better than average) with around ten thousand hours gameplay, and a good understanding of the nature of the game. So in comparison to silvers, bronzes, greens, they know what guns should be able to do and what not. Maybe you misunderstand the whole "nerf" of guns, the point is not to destroy or unplayable the weapons you don't like (as a SPCT), it's to create a balance between guns. All the weapons which were nerfed, are still playable, they just can't do nearly everything better than other guns which should dominate those, say in range. For example, the OBIR (nerfed) is better at long ranges than the Obeya CR762, but the Obeya CR762, is better at mid-long ranges than the OBIR, both are outmatched by the NTEC-5 at close-mid range *edit. Can you follow this thought?

Yes, LO is asking for the advice of experienced, good players, because they don't understand the nature of APB, since it's kinda special. But what company would from the start?

"In the end, yellows win, silvers leave" Sadly yes, but what you are implying, that it's LO's fault, is wrong. "Yellows" - Golds stay, because they done it already more than years. They are mostly veterans and have more than enough experience with the toxicity of the community, bad performance of the game, or the meta of the guns. Silvers or lower leave, because right now the game doesn't have a good starting experience for beginners. That's mostly due to matchmaking and a bad tutorial (and maybe the community). 

"nobody ever listens to them cuz of the lower skill on paper" -> "cuz without silvers, there is no chance for bronze to ever understand this game at all" Same with silvers and golds. And I doubt that most of the silvers actually understand the game at all (including you). So why should we listen to silvers who don't really know, what the game needs, as they either don't have the experience (for example, of what can be done, and what not) or the understanding of the game. The more skill you have, the higher your threat is? What's your point? Silvers are silvers because they dethreat, or just don't have the skill to compete with golds.

"its never about the pro's to bring new ppl in" The pro's already have brought all their new people in. And even then I would have disagreed. Look at other games, and how many players are playing this game, because one pro decides to stream it. 

"By the way... constructive criticism is an overrated way of expressing yourselves, everybody uses just that. What happened to the diversity part? Or perhaps should we all be generic clones of each other for the sake of what exactly?" It's more underrated than overrated. LO explicitly asks for constructive criticism, because there are more people who just rant about the changes, without giving them the information why they dislike them. So if you want diversity, you know what you gotta do. Either way, tell me how much more useful is your type of thread, instead of giving them an informative opinion, why you don't like the new changes or the direction, so they have a chance to consider, think and discuss about it.

12 hours ago, Salvick said:

What he said is true, the objective truth 

Truth is subjective. Maybe you will understand some day.

Edited by yJung
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, yJung said:

For example, the OBIR (nerfed) is better at long ranges than the Obeya CR762, but the Obeya CR762, is better at mid-long ranges than the OBIR, both are outmatched by the NTEC-5. Can you follow this thought?

what are you smoking

so many long texts about a game that barely hits 1000 players on peaks hours, come on guys, if you still enjoy the game, just play it, if you don't enjoy it anymore, just leave, like everyone else did.

9 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

Without condemning or condoning your rant, I agree with the sentiment.

They are fixing it, but they want to just get this engine update rolled out so they can start overhauling other systems in the game first.

i tent to get angry for reason at all and go off like a fire bomb in a fire works factory. atleast you didn't tell me i was a smart and/or i should kill myself

2 hours ago, 404 said:

what are you smoking

My mistake, I forgot to say in what range the NTEC should outmatch both the OBIR and Obeya CR762, I edited it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yJung said:

My mistake, I forgot to say in what range the NTEC should outmatch both the OBIR and Obeya CR762, I edited it.

its still wrong

Just now, 404 said:

its still wrong

Enlighten me.

1 minute ago, yJung said:

Enlighten me.

obeya outperforms or equals the obir at basically every range except close and even that might be suspect now, havent been able to test the new bolt timer changes yet

7 minutes ago, 404 said:

obeya outperforms or equals the obir at basically every range except close and even that might be suspect now, havent been able to test the new bolt timer changes yet

Maybe you have a different experience than me playing with OBIR or Obeya. You are right in saying that both of them have equal range, though the Obeya gets more inaccurate the faster you shoot with it, at long ranges (80-100m) it's very noticeable. The OBIR doesn't have the problem. Obeya is more suitable for tracking, OBIR for "flicking". In my experience, I outgunned a good Obeya player with OBIR at long range, but was at disadvantage at mid range.

But it's not the topic of this thread so I guess, further discussion is not convenient.

1 hour ago, cowhorseman said:

i tent to get angry for reason at all and go off like a fire bomb in a fire works factory. atleast you didn't tell me i was a smart and/or i should kill myself

It's okay. That's not really the type of person I am, but I do empathize with your frustration!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

@Noob_Guardian I do use ftp weapons. And I am not pmg nor ntec player. See thats the problem with you. Stop guessing shit about me just for sake of drama. Grow up

If you can tell me where I called you  a PMG or NTEC user, then you would have had a point, but I neither said you used PMG nor NTEC. You're the one making drama, I simply said that most people prefer lazy easy guns over most other weapons that can be just as good, simply because they don't want to put in the little extra effort. This was NOT a personal attack on you, but an observation on APB's playerbase in general, if you missed the "most" in the post as well, I clearly didn't say "all". You clearly seem to think I have a bone to pick with you for some reason, might I suggest not being so self centered? - See now "that" was a personal "attack".

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

Maybe the end times for you, might be your time to move on.

The way I see it for NA, there's still 100-200 players in peak hours on busy days.

EU is still pretty much alive, with 500-1000 players in peak hours on busy days.

1 hour ago, ArtDeco said:

The way I see it for NA, there's still 100-200 players in peak hours on busy days.

EU is still pretty much alive, with 500-1000 players in peak hours on busy days.

EU 450-550

3 hours ago, wHisHi said:

EU 450-550

Dang, never seen that number in the last month. always 350/450, during evenings, nights and mornings is at 100/200 max, not more.

I won't imagine Jericho.

On 9/17/2020 at 8:47 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

People still thinking that either good or bad management would do anything to improve or destroy numbers.

Na. Way more simple than that. It's an 11 year old game. Game's die with time. Give it up.

Hasn't exactly aged well is all. That plus the regular delays on practically everything aren't helping matters. I think things would be going a lot better if there were some bigger fancier changes. Old game can keep going okay-ish for a looooong time if they are maintained & regularly updated. I just don't think APB makes enough money to justify such a risky investment.

I mean here on APB we've got a dated engine, poor balance (I mean, lets be honest, it's pretty rough and always has been), same maps as always, no shakeup to core gameplay loop, no secondary/fun timer killer type things to do, etc. The same old broken boring map is the one that really gets me.

Also: having gameplay focused around exploits ain't good for a games health. One or two that help raise the skill ceiling are fine, but APB is a total mess of weird awkward janky nonsense that is awful to experience. APB has a solid chance of chasing off any non-veteran players with absurd ease.

In short: I kinda agree. APB is an old house with the roof caving in, interiors rotted out, and the foundation is crumbling. It can definitely be fixed.. but I don't know if it's worth the effort at this point.

1 minute ago, Genobee said:

Also: having gameplay focused around exploits ain't good for a games health. One or two that help raise the skill ceiling are fine, but APB is a total mess of weird awkward janky nonsense that is awful to experience.

What exploits is the game so focused around.

Sign in to follow this