Sign in to follow this  
quixxius

we going down bois

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

we going down..once again 🥱

Not exactly. This time might be going down for good. If you take a look at the charts we have reached a new record of all time low players since forever... The game never had so few players.

Also, a peak record of 72 players online ONLY at the lowest. This is 300% less players than the lowest record that was seen yet. In less than a month the game lost more players than the few last months have.

1 minute ago, VanilleKeks said:

We NEED some weapon balance changes. The meta is record amounts of stale.

"laughing"  at the thoughts of the innocent ISSR-B and my gun locker full of swindle weapons balanced from stubborn incompetents.....

• Like 1

Nah, it's just the summer. Ignore the fact a lot people are at home because covid and every online service has gains.

/s

• Like 1

Having 600-700 players on average isn't that bad. The APB community is like a small uncongenial family. Some of those 'family members' you hated in the past, after you were constrained to spend tens of thousands of hours together, you find even tolerable now, or even worse, likable. 

It's like a small but chosen group of marginal individuals, ego-lords, nerds, socially awkward persons, gopniks, vaporwavers, misunderstood artists, weeaboos, emos, casuals, furries, geeks, otakus, bronies, goths, normies, irresponsible parents (yeah, sorry if I've left you out) stuck in the world of San Paro but still functioning more or less well together. Can't have that within some big communities, not in this way APB has, at least. 

• Like 3

I miss April tbh. For my own reasons. Also high pop. 

Stop using steamcharts. Use Will.io tracker it shows the population better,

Still going down though.

• Like 4

so people went back to school and work.....and we lost players because of it... yeah and ?

we already knew that would happen so maybe invite more people to play ?

• Thanks 1

I heard people had too many issues with launching the game through Steam, so a number of players could be playing apb without launching through Steam.

Just wait until new updates and patches come, playerbase can increase a bit for a short while.

44 minutes ago, ArtDeco said:

I heard people had too many issues with launching the game through Steam, so a number of players could be playing apb without launching through Steam.

Just wait until new updates and patches come, playerbase can increase a bit for a short while.

That's not really a thing anymore. Years ago it was.

The funniest thing here is some ppl who circlejerks in apb discord arguing that the game is not dead and some districts are empty because people don’t want to play here.

We have reached a point when nothing will save the game including engine upgrade. Recently, LO introduced a new patch with a good balance changes but such changes had to be done year ago when there still was a part of community who cared for a game and took it seriously. Everyone left, and now it’s a bunch of whiteknighters, 255R silvers and 3 streamers, who plays a game once a week

Edited by Lign
  • Thanks 1

Sorry my fault - still haven't reinstalled after upgrading hdd ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Besides it started crashing in launcher after some update right before that..

And after reading about all the nerfs of my issr-b, volcano, pioneer, vegas, consumables etc have even less desire

12 minutes ago, Temporal said:

Sorry my fault - still haven't reinstalled after upgrading hdd ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Besides it started crashing in launcher after some update right before that..

And after reading about all the nerfs of my issr-b, volcano, pioneer, vegas, consumables etc have even less desire

Hello, what is your thread color?

16 hours ago, Bambola said:

Having 600-700 players on average isn't that bad.

It's low enough that they decided to sell the name rights for APB to get enough money to continue developing it.

That means the population is low enough that if it'd continue in its current state (not even taking into account the continuous loss of players) there wouldn't be enough money to keep going with the engine upgrade. That is bad, unfortunately.

Edited by Cr0

17 hours ago, Bambola said:

Having 600-700 players on average isn't that bad.

It's 6PM and the only silver Financial has 6 people on it. It is very bad. It's been normal to not be able to play in the morning for quite some time now, but 6PM? It's pretty much peak hour and the game's empty. If I can't play now, when do I play?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bambola said:

Having 600-700 players on average isn't that bad. The APB community is like a small uncongenial family. Some of those 'family members' you hated in the past, after you were constrained to spend tens of thousands of hours together, you find even tolerable now, or even worse, likable.

I disagree.

I can't join most APB community Discord servers cause some of the people are hella creepy. If you upset one of these clingy, delusional weirdos, the rumour train leaves the station and they start spreading messed up lies about you out of misguided spite. The community is so small that everyone somehow knows about any drama too so you have people adding fuel to the fire and it just gets worse.

It's really f**king gross.

I can play League and rest easy knowing that if a friend I added turns out to be weird and creepy toward me I can remove him and never hear from him again, less so at Diamond cause I see the same names every once in a while, but you know what I'm saying. Kids be thirsty these days and platonic is a word NOT in their vocabulary... Is it cause I main support? Hmm.

But ya, I ain't spending years with them and I don't find them to be tolerable, or god forbid likeable, LOL.

11 hours ago, Lign said:

Everyone left, and now it’s a bunch of whiteknighters, 255R silvers and 3 streamers, who plays a game once a week

Exactly. The game is going down the drain and the few that are left are like "NO! my game is NOT dying!" in full denial. I can explain why right down here with the next:

21 minutes ago, EvaPooh said:

I can't join most APB community Discord servers cause some of the people are hella creepy. If you upset one of these clingy, delusional weirdos, the rumour train leaves the station and they start spreading messed up lies about you out of misguided spite. The community is so small that everyone somehow knows about any drama too so you have people adding fuel to the fire and it just gets worse.

Well that happens when you have all the players leave the game and the only ones that are left are the closet cheaters. Cheaters are toxic in nature, thats why they cheat, so they go in and spread the toxicity all over in chat. They will never leave because they are hooked on this game since day 1 and have probably spent hundreds of $$ on both cheats and ingame purchases. And when the time comes that they have no more easy kills, and fight club is just cheaters vs cheaters (which actually it pretty much was that a couple of months ago last time I checked), they will "take a break" (because they wont leave the game for good, they just take breaks) and then population goes to zero, which is pretty much the moment we are entering now slowly.

Edited by Musul Man

1 hour ago, EvaPooh said:

I disagree.

It's really f**king gross.

I can play League and rest easy knowing that if a friend I added turns out to be weird and creepy toward me I can remove him and never hear from him again, less so at Diamond cause I see the same names every once in a while, but you know what I'm saying. Kids be thirsty these days and platonic is a word NOT in their vocabulary... Is it cause I main support? Hmm.

But ya, I ain't spending years with them and I don't find them to be tolerable, or god forbid likeable, LOL.

So 9 out of 10 people in APB discord is kid/teengaer? Well, no reason to be there.

21 hours ago, _chain said:

I miss April tbh. For my own reasons. Also high pop.

almost 5 months ago(first like 25 seconds)

right now we probably not even close to the final release..is still "funny"?

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Stop using steamcharts. Use Will.io tracker it shows the population better,

it represents the general trend of people leaving. Will.io does not show average player base numbers.

On 9/2/2020 at 7:42 AM, CookiePuss said:

Instead of complaining, please give your stats on balance changes.

WELL LIKE I SAID PMG IS UNGOLDY OP.it's been asked to be nerfed like 50 times ingame outa game some were in the game. people dont like how it is people dont like that it takes over the smg class by almost default making it a go to. so what does LO do? nerf show stopper. no reason it was a rare use handgun that felt fine as it was. ask about atac becuase it's fire rate and recoil make it a laser beam of a gun. so they nerf volcano and others. do you not read these patch notes? do any of these guns get nerfed? no they pick and choose by throwing darts at a wall. volcano is a crappy osmaw that makes riockets fly way to low forcing you to aim high and takes more of getting use to and is anti vechile. so why should it be nerfed to not be ani vehicle? IDK you tell me. why should the show stopper be nerfed? to op? not really takes half a mag to kill a man before in cqc and it takes fuck all forever to reload. now a full mag does jack shit. why? WELL FUCK YOU IT SEEMS. did it need it? no did we want it? no we want those guns nerfed not these so you nerf these not these and it makes us use the crappy OP guns and amkes all matchs feel the same. pmg ursus ntec atac osmaw. AND in rare cases you might see euyale or maybe a jg, oh if your lucky a jg or a manaic. MY POINT HERE IS FORCING US TO USE SOMETHING BECUASE THE OTHER GUNS BLOW BECUASE OF YOUR HOG WILD NERFING SYSTEM SUCKS MOTHERFUCKING banana. do you understand me? or shall i keep ranting on becuase i'm pissed off on 2 hours of sleep and not happy that all matchs feel look and end the same with the same 4 people same 4 guns same four mods. this isnt besdtha we don't need thigns to "just work" we got 50+ guns let them all be useful. (unless it's the r2 no saving that thing)

if people want to just constantly focus on the downgrading of the game and the game being dead ... if the game is dead than no one is playing or mentioning the game ... but thats not what is happening atm ... so yeah its declining ... stil some peopel are stil playing / streaming and enjoying the game for what its worth

9 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

WELL LIKE I SAID PMG IS UNGOLDY OP.it's been asked to be nerfed like 50 times ingame outa game some were in the game. people dont like how it is people dont like that it takes over the smg class by almost default making it a go to. so what does LO do? nerf show stopper. no reason it was a rare use handgun that felt fine as it was. ask about atac becuase it's fire rate and recoil make it a laser beam of a gun. so they nerf volcano and others. do you not read these patch notes? do any of these guns get nerfed? no they pick and choose by throwing darts at a wall. volcano is a crappy osmaw that makes riockets fly way to low forcing you to aim high and takes more of getting use to and is anti vechile. so why should it be nerfed to not be ani vehicle? IDK you tell me. why should the show stopper be nerfed? to op? not really takes half a mag to kill a man before in cqc and it takes fuck all forever to reload. now a full mag does jack shit. why? WELL FUCK YOU IT SEEMS. did it need it? no did we want it? no we want those guns nerfed not these so you nerf these not these and it makes us use the crappy OP guns and amkes all matchs feel the same. pmg ursus ntec atac osmaw. AND in rare cases you might see euyale or maybe a jg, oh if your lucky a jg or a manaic. MY POINT HERE IS FORCING US TO USE SOMETHING BECUASE THE OTHER GUNS BLOW BECUASE OF YOUR HOG WILD NERFING SYSTEM SUCKS MOTHERFUCKING banana. do you understand me? or shall i keep ranting on becuase i'm pissed off on 2 hours of sleep and not happy that all matchs feel look and end the same with the same 4 people same 4 guns same four mods. this isnt besdtha we don't need thigns to "just work" we got 50+ guns let them all be useful. (unless it's the r2 no saving that thing)

Remember balance is not finished. Please give all the feedback you can (actual stats for any changes you would make), I can assure you LO reads the forums.

Also try to remember that just like LO, you could be wrong.

Aside from that thank you for expounding.

P.S. SPCT are not LO, we are just player volunteers

• Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 11:12 AM, quixxius said:

Exactly why I started playing some matches here and there. Came back after don't know how many years and I saw 450-550 pop on EU server. It's now or never.

Wonder at what point they just shut down the live service aspect of this game and prepare for a re-launch under the "engine upgrade" - Wonder if it's even worth doing.

Don't think much can save it now. Who knows

Sign in to follow this