Sign in to follow this  
Zulah

APB Has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

Alright so, I have almost 4000 hours, and this problem has only started the past 4-5 months, I've only played on and off because of this issue. Every time I start my game, after about 10 minutes of playing, sometimes not even that long, I get a grey screen, or the screen just freezes, and my game either crashes, or comes back after a few seconds, but if it doesn't crash the first time the same thing happens and it crashes soon after. 

What i've tried to resolve it: Reinstalling APB on all of my different drives, Doing a clean reinstall of my graphics drivers multiple times to multiple different drivers, and every other possible fix I have found under the sun to similar issues I've found. Nothing has worked for me. Any help would be appreciated, really just want to play again but it's just too frustrating when your game crashes before you can even finish a single mission or do much at all. 

I play with minimal settings on 1024x768

Specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit. i5 4690k, GTX 970 SSC, 8GB RAM 

Edited by Zulah
  • Like 1

Hello,

In the nvidia control panel under the help menu, there is an option "Debug mode"

When enabled it is suppose to run the card and nvidia's reference clock speeds, disables all overclocking features.

Give it a try and see what happens.

BTW try use different cable VGA->screen, sometimes they are broken or crap quality. use friends cable who 100% works

what about stress test for your graphic card? 

if test failed and seen similar or other artefacts  it's damaged. if pass stress test do next ->

gimme zip folder via prv msg with yours "logs" GamersFirst\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Logs

and highlight dates when happens around .) 

UE3 should have left some more info about it.

Edited by Dahel

I used to have this issue with my old Graphics card before I RMA'd it. The card was unstable on the clocks or something else was broken and got it replaced. Fixed the issue. Debug Mode helps in terms of not using any overclock setting.