Sign in to follow this  
LordTimzor

Armas Audio Kits - Cross Faction Mako/Kissaki - Gender Change

Since I got absolutely destroyed for talking about changes for the game itself I'll just keep it to some Armas stuff I'd like to see this time:

-Charge Cisco Audio Kit

-Patriot Vegas Audio Kit

I absolutely LOVE the Cisco, one of the best looking cars in my opinion. But it really lacks an audio kit. Same for the vegas.

These are great cars used by a lot of people, Especially the 4x4 vegas. Would love to have audio kits for them. Nothing else to add here.

-Cross Faction Mako/Kissaki

Some kits make total sense why they're faction locked. The Jericho's Hot Pursuit for Enfs and Nightrider for Crims for example.

Or the different styles between the Enf and Crim Waragi LAV. It fits the style of the faction.

But I dont see why the Mako and Kissaki kit are faction locked. Why can't Crims drive a Lamborghini rip-off or why can't Enfs drive a circuit spec car?

Same kind of goes for the Mikro Cheetah and Raptor kits. Just add or remove the police light bars respectively and you got great kits that can be used by both factions.

I would just REALLY love to have the Kissaki Kit on my Crim.

-Gender Change

Aww shit here we go again.

Listen, I just want to be able to change my characters gender. I'm tired of looking at this dude I'll be honest. Point is, I put a lot of time (and more importantly) money in this character.

I'm not just gonna throw that all away just to play with a female character. I have quite some character bound stuff that I'm not gonna let rot for nothing. 

Last time I suggested this someone mentioned something about back-end not being able to support that due to differences in the model's build or something.
Now I'm not a programmer but I don't see why this is not possible. All the clothing you have would become obsolete. You'd have to start over with your wardrobe.

That's expected, and perfectly fine by me. That's just the loss you have to be willing to take. As your gender swaps, so does the unlocks from contacts. So you'll lose nothing in that regard.

Most Armas clothing I own are for both male and female. And those purchases are logged and toggled as unlocks in the character customizer anyway.

Sooo one should just be able to flick some switches and bada-bing-bada-boom enjoy your new character, right?

EDIT: Turns out a lot of stuff that I worried about could potentially get lost is either account wide, tradable or not gender locked.

Which in turn made me wonder even more why a gender change isn't possible. If all we have to worry about it clothes and titles.

Again, clothes are unlocks which are logged and available to you in the customizer. Titles can be swapped for the female equivalent.

All that aside, I do want to show some appreciation for the things LO has done so far. Getting rid of the joker boxes was a legendary move (pun intended)

I love the new legendary system, since you can just get joker tickets by playing the game (alltough it does take quite some time of course) you can now just get them without spending a single dime ever.

Realizing I had enough joker tickets to rent one weapon I decided to try my luck see if I could be blessed with a premanent unlock. Guess who now permanently owns a Volcano.

Dont LMAOO at me for wanting a volcano, I loved that weapon, gave mine to a friend so he could try it out and the moron got banned for aimbotting, hacked afterwards and lost it.

Haha rockets go boom.

I'm also of course still eagerly awaiting the engine update. Yes I see it takes a lot of time. But I'm still hopeful for it.

I still have decent hopes for this game to make the long awaited 180 turn and become somewhat popular again. Even though it doesn't have a lot to offer in comparison to other games,

I still think it's great fun when you're just messing around with friends.

Have a nice day and don't forget to stay hydrated, peace

Edit: Y'all got any info on when the next Armas sale could be?

Edited by LordTimzor

Hi.

While i agree with adding some new audio kits this isn't a priority and shouldn't be even looked at until they finish up all other things, and if im not remembering wrong, this was alredy suggested many times, i am more than sure they got that alredy written down on their notes for the future.

Cisco is good but its handling is.. atrocious, is like driving on a frozen lake everytime you turn or brake.

Gender Change.. and yes, shit, here we go again.

Alright.. let me ask one question before going to explain why isn't possible.

If you don't like the gender of your character, why you kept buying clothes and unlocking exclusive/unique items for it?

I mean.. if i din't like something i just re do it from scratch without wasting more time.

Is like you wanted to wasted on purpose.

Here is a Little Explanation on why isn't possible to make a Gender Change on APB.

From the beginning i wanna say.. it is possible to do that in a bunch of games, but they are singleplayer, and even if they are multiplayer you don't get many different customization options, if you got them, well, they're just bound Alredy to both genders, even if you didn't changed that yet (example > Assassin's Creed etc.)

The problem in APB is basically items and how the game always worked.

There are some items that are only made for male or female.

You can't magically create thise items and have a Gender Change.

You will lose 20/30% of all your clothes, if not more.

Titles also would need to be changed because of the gender.

You just said you don't wanna lose stuff you have bound to your current character but you are also ssying you "expect" and accept to lose every piece of guardrobe because of the change. Im not really understanding what you are meaning.

Because IF you meant to say that you spent a lot of time taking care of your character just for guns, vehicles, objectives etc, well, you didn't really take care of it under the clothes section.

No, isn't just biga baga buga boom done.

You can't imagine how much time would require devs to make that possible, time they don't have now and they will not have until 2021/2022 at least as of now, because of the things that come before, and still i don't think this will be Ever possible.

Totally wrong.

First, the system Must be automatic, not manual, imagine one/two guys doing that by hands with a 900/1000 players peak.

You would shoot yourself.

Imagine with many more players, because ues games often use to have much more players than APB, sadly.

Second, Gender Change would require only the change of the actual model with only clothes and titles change, not all of the stuff you said, isn't needed because isn't a different account or character, is just a swap.

"Most of the items are tradable" - No, they aren't.

Armas: none of them;

Titles: none of them;

Event rewards: none of them.

So the guy who got banned for aimbotting, then his account got hacked and Then, someone stole the Volcano from him, right?

Wtf hahahaha, that doesn't make any sense.

"Even though it doesn't have a lot to offer in comparison to other games" - For you, it doesn't, for me, well it served very well for over 10 years. No one game offer that long period stuff.

Stay safe, don't hate me, im just passing by.

Next Armas 50% OFF  sale is expected to be here in the Holiday, of the year 2039.

10-4.

Leaving the area.

1 hour ago, AlishaHutt said:

i am more than sure they got that alredy written down on their notes for the future.

That'd be lit

2 hours ago, AlishaHutt said:

If you don't like the gender of your character, why you kept buying clothes and unlocking exclusive/unique items for it?

I mean.. if i din't like something i just re do it from scratch without wasting more time.

Because I've had this character for a couple of years now and only decided last year or so that I'd like to play female. At which point I already spent lots of time and money on it which is not worth it throwing away.

The problem in APB is basically items and how the game always worked.

There are some items that are only made for male or female.

You can't magically create thise items and have a Gender Change.

You will lose 20/30% of all your clothes, if not more.

Titles also would need to be changed because of the gender.

No shit, that's what I said. Let's take 1 item for exaple right now. The Snood. I bought that, which in turn means I unlocked it on my character.

The snood is for both male and female. Lets say it was possible to get a gender change. And all clothing would be rendered useless.

That snood, which unlock is logged to my character, would then be available for purchase in the customizer. For the then female character. Right?

Delete all the old clothes. Unlock all the logged items on the new char and start over with cusomizing?

You just said you don't wanna lose stuff you have bound to your current character but you are also ssying you "expect" and accept to lose every piece of guardrobe because of the change. Im not really understanding what you are meaning.

Partly my mistake. I could've sworn the armas loyalty weapons were only sent to 1 character. In which case that would've been an insane loss to give up for a new character model.

So that's one less thing to worry about. My legendaries, cars, songs, themes, symbols etc can stay where they are since they're not gender locked. I own quite a fair bit of vehicles and kits which again would be an insane loss if they could'nt let me keep that.

So actually the problem is the clothing and some titles. I don't own many titles and the one I use is Idiot, which as far as I'm aware does not have a female counterpart.

And again, the clothing. Totally understandable that male clothing is not usable on the female body. And converting that would actually be an insane task.

But as I said above here, start fresh with all the logged and new unlocks.

Second, Gender Change would require only the change of the actual model with only clothes and titles change, not all of the stuff you said, isn't needed because isn't a different account or character, is just a swap.

Bad writing on my part.

So the guy who got banned for aimbotting, then his account got hacked and Then, someone stole the Volcano from him, right?

Wtf hahahaha, that doesn't make any sense.

Thats just a little explanation why I wanted the volcano. Because I know for sure there's gonna be some fuckwit making some bs comment on how bad the volcano is.

Story makes perfect sense. I borrowed out my volcano and he lost it.

6 hours ago, LordTimzor said:

-Patriot Vegas Audio Kit

TL;DR, this is all I want.