4 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

A lot of the time it is actually better to call backup so that the other team can then call backup when you are against players you easily out match. Gives the matchmaker a second chance to boost things up. Plus in larger games, good players have less of an impact.

Also babying players will slow down their progression of skill and grasp at mechanics.

Yeach but they shouldnt be matched against golds in first place. Please someone don’t start about low population problem again

Edited by wHisHi

Just now, wHisHi said:

Yeach but they shouldnt be matched against golds in first place. Please someone don’t start about low population problem again

It's not population. It's district size.

Also babying players will slow down their progression of skill and grasp at mechanics.

There's a difference between babying and giving newer players a fighting chance. Relentlessly seal clubbing noobs isn't going to do a thing for their skill other than make them think the game is P2W. If they don't know all the mechanics yet then there's no way they're going to understand, let alone learn from, whatever hardcore pro tech people pull on them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, n0vaxp2 said:

There's a difference between babying and giving newer players a fighting chance. Relentlessly seal clubbing noobs isn't going to do a thing for their skill other than make them think the game is P2W. If they don't know all the mechanics yet then there's no way they're going to understand, let alone learn from, whatever hardcore pro tech people pull on them.

Getting relentlessly beaten improves your skills faster.

47 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

It's not population. It's district size.

True in a way. You cant put all thread range players in one district, even 50v50 wont help

• Like 1

A lot of the time it is actually better to call backup so that the other team can then call backup when you are against players you easily out match. Gives the matchmaker a second chance to boost things up. Plus in larger games, good players have less of an impact.

I do this to help them out and yet they get SO FURIOUS when I do. Rage whispers, calling me out in district, etc.

Poor guys.

10 hours ago, n0vaxp2 said:

It's worth noting that I do see higher ranked players that will go easy on lower ranked opponents

I like those guys. Especially if Im on one of my low rank characters.

• Like 1

With all the tweaks to matchmaking, I wonder why does the game even try to put Ts and Bronzes up against Golds? I get why silvers get knocked around cause we're trash but Golds? Even Yellows? Like how the Districts don't allow them to enter Bronze tier, they shouldn't really be allowed to enter matches with those lower threat players.

I think I said it before that new/low threat players really need some sort quarantine zone around them, either physically (like a T District) or just in the code, so they've got a bubble of protection so they never really have to experience the harsh realities at least until they've experienced the game a bit better. 

Or, how about bots? Huge task I know, but I think if low population is still an issue after the Update, the game should really consider filling the gaps with Bots instead of just chucking any (ie Gold) player into the match.

On 8/23/2020 at 6:52 PM, R3ACT3M said:

I seriously doubt this...I can understand some things but it's clear when you aren't even trying anymore and they are sweating their balls off.

Everytime i talk about this game with my friend, I tell him how if the pop was larger seeing Sniper,rifle,assault rifle, shotgun, sidearm, ect only districts would be really cool. 

I'd love to see this happen I really enjoyed the gun games and think having a the odd "this gun only" mode in FCs would spice things up a bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KnifuWaifu said:

With all the tweaks to matchmaking, I wonder why does the game even try to put Ts and Bronzes up against Golds? I get why silvers get knocked around cause we're trash but Golds? Even Yellows? Like how the Districts don't allow them to enter Bronze tier, they shouldn't really be allowed to enter matches with those lower threat players.

Because sometimes it is either that or you don't get a mission at all.

13 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Because sometimes it is either that or you don't get a mission at all.

Maybe that should level of matchmaking should be optional?

APB Nightmare Mode.

Those that want good matches get to few but "balanced" matches. Those that just want missions get matched up with everyone.

1 hour ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Those that want good matches get to few but "balanced" matches. Those that just want missions get matched up with everyone.

I wish there was an option to queue for 10+ player missions. I'd have that on 24/7.

Those matches with tons of carnage are wonderful.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

I wish there was an option to queue for 10+ player missions. I'd have that on 24/7.

Those matches with tons of carnage are wonderful.

Yesss. So much this. Like seriously, so many people seem to whoop out this giant-patootie book of UN sanctioned rules for pressing that B for Backup but damn I don't care what the team is like if I can spam B, I'm spamming B, the more the merrier! I love the giant missions, I just wish it would add more time to the timers when new players arrive because we've all felt those times when backup finally calls but there's only 40 seconds left and you're already 800m away. 

It was disappointing when LO said they'd be sticking to 4-player groups, I feel like APB gets better with more players in missions, yes there is a critical mass and I get why some players would dislike it if they're forced into those missions every time, but that's the glory of giving us OPTIONS those who do not like can simply opt-out, I just don't understand why some people disagree with having an option. I see that down arrow above but all I did was offer an option - you like bronze-stomping? Tick the "APB Nightmare Mode" box. No like? don't tick the box! What is there to dislike in getting offered both options and being allowed to choose your own play?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Yesss. So much this. Like seriously, so many people seem to whoop out this giant-patootie book of UN sanctioned rules for pressing that B for Backup but damn I don't care what the team is like if I can spam B, I'm spamming B, the more the merrier! I love the giant missions, I just wish it would add more time to the timers when new players arrive because we've all felt those times when backup finally calls but there's only 40 seconds left and you're already 800m away. 

It was disappointing when LO said they'd be sticking to 4-player groups, I feel like APB gets better with more players in missions, yes there is a critical mass and I get why some players would dislike it if they're forced into those missions every time, but that's the glory of giving us OPTIONS those who do not like can simply opt-out, I just don't understand why some people disagree with having an option. I see that down arrow above but all I did was offer an option - you like bronze-stomping? Tick the "APB Nightmare Mode" box. No like? don't tick the box! What is there to dislike in getting offered both options and being allowed to choose your own play?

I miss missions with lots of people too.
That's why a game mode with open map, Crims vs Enforcers, having to control areas to win the map would be awesome. Like Planetside 2.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ZoriaDunne said:

That's why a game mode with open map, Crims vs Enforcers, having to control areas to win the map would be awesome. Like Planetside 2.

I really thought this was going to be the case when those very first screen shots of whatever this mode was going to be (in 2017 I think?)

apb-reloaded-620x465.jpg

I think would have worked out better being more than the RIOT/BR mode we ended up with. 

It would basically be the Area Control final mission/FC mode but on a larger scale, tweak it to make it majority rule or you have to destroy/take over consoles to gain the full area, or anything idk I haven't played Planetside 2, and it would really work out. Fresh map, something that could be jury-rigged into the lore to explain why the Enfos and Crims are scrambling to control it, sprinkle some Joker Tickets, maybe Daily Tasks, New Contacts (or let us level current ones of our choice) and we've got ourselves a nice alternative to FC.

• Like 1

Detreathing does not matter anymore No pop in silver we go to brons 

10 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

I really thought this was going to be the case when those very first screen shots of whatever this mode was going to be (in 2017 I think?)

apb-reloaded-620x465.jpg

I think would have worked out better being more than the RIOT/BR mode we ended up with. 

It would basically be the Area Control final mission/FC mode but on a larger scale, tweak it to make it majority rule or you have to destroy/take over consoles to gain the full area, or anything idk I haven't played Planetside 2, and it would really work out. Fresh map, something that could be jury-rigged into the lore to explain why the Enfos and Crims are scrambling to control it, sprinkle some Joker Tickets, maybe Daily Tasks, New Contacts (or let us level current ones of our choice) and we've got ourselves a nice alternative to FC.

I though the same, BR doesn't fit APB at all, but LO though BR is a magic key for success, but they don't realized how many games were doing BRs and failing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TzickyT said:

Detreathing does not matter anymore No pop in silver we go to brons 

dethreat and get banned as far as Im concerned

1 hour ago, ZoriaDunne said:

LO though BR is a magic key for success

I think LO had a partially finished game mode and a community crying out for more content.