When I play against new players I don't excessively push them and instead keep to the objective more. I do however not gimmick or cripple myself on purpose, as that often achieves the total opposite of ones intention by coming across as an insult. 

Edited by VanilleKeks

2 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

When I play against new players I don't excessively push them and instead keep to the objective more. I do however not gimmick or cripple myself on purpose, as that often achieves the total opposite of ones intention by coming across as an insult. 

Yea, sometimes I like to switch to the STAR because I want to demonstrate how good it is to the noobs.

When the matchmaking system throws you a 1v3 against T's it isn't your fault, You get 2 choices; farm the hell out of em or Go easy and still win because they still don't know how to complete objectives.

People leave after dieing once sometimes, Dethreating is a bit trickier to fix then all that, You have 2 people the guy who is honestly a silver/bronze but has "good days" where his team carries him enough to get him gold, But he can't play well enough to stay gold.

Should that guy get banned for not being good enough?

Then johhny two shot who treats apb like an esport but hates losing so he dethreats on purpose just to crush people in bronze district, I remember that month i went "undercover" i wanted to see what actually happens in bronze district besides the fact "people in bronze have more fun then golds do" from what i saw they play "differently" using tactics even i never considered, Bad the sad fact is dethreating does happen it's not just "bitchin' on forums" i saw it first hand people that "only play fightclub" but then go to a bronze district and Strafe left and right like their auditioning for a music video.

Morals? It's not really your fault Matchmaking gave you that enemy "letting them win" is that good or bad sportsmenship I like to "try" but only just lose so they can at least feel a sense of "Pride and acomplishment" rather then just straight up lettin em win if i'm going 14/0 i know i did something wrong and need to ease up.

Dethreating "fix" ?  If you turn gold in a bronze district you Can't k up Why can't we at least have a temporary fix? (or if you turn gold you can't return to bronze for 24hours at least slow these buggers down)

tl;dr

Don't crush people that aren't your threat don't flat out let em win but we all know "with 2 mins left let them do the mission" at least do that, maybe let them win the last stage too What does winning even matter to you anyway? 20% more $ o golly gee wizz i need that guy with 23million$

then I have days where all sense goes out the window and i treat everyone like a max gold I have my moods.

• Thanks 1

NO! NO MORALS! DESTROY EVERYONE! REDUCE POPULATION! AAAAAAAAAAA

yeah it's kinda like that for some people. you do get to a point way past the childish "man im the best and i gotta show everyone" where you just find a way where you actually play for fun. It's generally a playstyle change. 

No, if you play normally and you still send rage whispers when you get rolled you're not playing relaxed or for fun. It applies to the whole spectrum of skill. I can tell when they tryhard by the way they still bother to do that, and half of em still do. 

The rest of the people are nice. 

Ever played quake? That's one way to improve at any shooter. Shit will feel like building legos after you get used to that one. 

Edited by _chain

4 hours ago, wHisHi said:

Way more chances because people can move freely to other gold/silver districts. Also silvers can play vs silvers etc., people  can face same thread opposition.

Ye, there were better chances than now but still not enough, I doubt that many players were jumping from instance to instance to find a proper opposition because it takes time and it's exhausted. It's just a terrible system that needs a rework to make matchmaking working around all instances. No matter in which instance of financial you are, the matchmaking gonna give you a proper opposition from other instance if it exists.

4 hours ago, Zolerox said:

he guy who is honestly a silver/bronze but has "good days" where his team carries him enough to get him gold, But he can't play well enough to stay gold.

Should that guy get banned for not being good enough?

since that isn't dethreating, I'm gonna say no

On 8/23/2020 at 2:02 AM, R3ACT3M said:

I'm not perfect but I would say 80% of the time if some one isn't as good as me (and depending on the skill gap) I will either nerf my self, or find other ways to go easy on someone. Yet, I can't help but feel i'm the only one?

So many times I have gotten into games where the roles have flipped and someone else is soooo much better than I. But do they reaaaalllllly have to use every move in the book on me?

This is part of the reason people dethreat. Then you see dethreaters using what they see in their silver vs gold match to go against the bronzes.

It's just really annoying. I would never ask someone to go easy on me but jesus you don't need to strafe at 10000mph with your JC when it's clear I can't hit you even if you crouch.

Sigh  matchmaking's a fuzzy bunny

why do some of you find joy in using advanced techniques on new players? 

pick on someone your own size

play the video game how you want to play it. if u find stomping on noobs with cringe guns like the HVR boring, then dont use cringe guns against them, but dont expect people who may be better than you to treat you with the same respect... and if they dont, use some other cringe gun and beat them. will the match overall be boring as fuck because you're both using cringe guns that make the game boring? yeah, but if you hate losing so much to cringe tactics and cringe weapons, you have to play cringe yourself.

you arent entitled to a win because you play less-lame then someone else. if i have vip on waterfront gresty's roof with 2 hvrs, a volcano & an ursus, im gonna win by default. why? because the map sucks and its almost impossible to push me without volcano spamming or nade spamming from birth roof, gg.

Edited by claude

Am i the only one who uses blowtorch as secondary on weaker players :P?

Edited by CrackSmack

What are morals? The fact of the matter is that this community is so toxic they dont care if ppl have a good time or not they just want to boost their own egos.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Zolerox said:

When the matchmaking system throws you a 1v3 against T's it isn't your fault, You get 2 choices; farm the hell out of em or Go easy and still win because they still don't know how to complete objectives.

If it's a 1v3 and I feel like I am better than them I will not call backup. But I wont roll over and loose either XD. Call me the raid boss

15 hours ago, Zolerox said:

Dethreating "fix" ?  If you turn gold in a bronze district you Can't k up Why can't we at least have a temporary fix? (or if you turn gold you can't return to bronze for 24hours at least slow these buggers down)

Then whats stopping them from coming into gold and dethreating? Seems like a more viscous cycle. I like the idea of LO removing threat so we can't see it. I would like to have it so when not in mission districts allow people to see if they are gold,silver, or bronze. But if not I would just say make threat hidden.

The only thing that will truly fix dethreating is a population boost, but I keep preaching that the game needs to have it's gunplay re-thought. And people immediately start telling me to play a different game. Im not saying to turn APB into something it's not. But for the game it is, I always like games that are: easy to play, hard to master. APB is like, hard to play, harder to master.

The gunplay is part of the NOT new player friendly experience imo.   Hopefully it's something LO can improve upon

15 hours ago, _chain said:

No, if you play normally and you still send rage whispers when you get rolled you're not playing relaxed or for fun. It applies to the whole spectrum of skill. I can tell when they tryhard by the way they still bother to do that, and half of em still do.

Everytime I login in, I tell myself "Don't get pissed, Don't get pissed" And for a while that works. But other times you  just get thrown into those matches. Im talking 2 pmg's 1 volcano 1 hvr 1 JC, and your team is rocking STARs. I try not to rage whisper anymore, but sometimes you can't help it. It would be nice to see Casual districts setup, areas where perhaps you get less xp and less cash but people don't have to try hard. Then have competitive districts where the winning team can get...idk 3x the xp and $. 

On paper, that would make the pro players flock to that area and let the new players get their feet on the ground.

Id also love to see New player districts + New character Districts.  the difference?

New player districts are for people who made new accounts

New character districts will put you up against people who made new characters as well.

I say this because it's EXTREMELY unfair to fight someone who has clotting 1-2-3 and you do not.

All depends on population though.   

• Like 1

On 8/23/2020 at 2:11 AM, 404 said:

not really a matter of enjoying it or not, its just normal gameplay for a lot of higher skill players

after thousands on thousands of hours certain behavior isnt even a conscious thought anymore

trust me, it's conscious thought. The difference is that they don't actually *care*

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noob_Guardian said:

trust me, it's conscious thought

If it is for you, you will never be very good.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, R3ACT3M said:

The gunplay is part of the NOT new player friendly experience imo.   Hopefully it's something LO can improve upon

It's because this game is all about health totals.

There's no lucky headshots, there's no insta-gibbing while hiding in a corner with a silenced M4, it's just positioning, aim, and teamwork. Those are really hard to just 'pick up' in a couple days and take a while to truly understand. This is called patience and determination, something not a lot of people have these days.

25 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Habits start as conscious action, never say never.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

So being aware of every action you do from aim, timing, and control over the situation makes you "not very good"?

This isn't even bringing in not running with items, not using the medium item movement exploit, and other such advantages. IF such things are "ingrained" in certain players, it's not because they are legitimately good, it's because they don't care to not do so because winning is all that matters to them. They'll do the same thing to a group of T's as they would Rank R55's because they don't give a fuck. That doesn't make them a "good" player.

17 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

Habits start as conscious action, never say never.

^^^ Habits can end just as habits can form.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

54 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

So being aware of every action you do from aim, timing, and control over the situation makes you "not very good"?

Im not saying you suck, but you are playing at a lower level than a lot of players.

54 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

IF such things are "ingrained" in certain players

That's not at all what we are talking about.

20 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

trust me, it's conscious thought. The difference is that they don't actually *care*

It's really not.

For the majority of top players we just sit in voice chat talking about stupid shit. The hand and eyes just work on autopilot without thought. The only time top players pro-actively play is when vsing against other top players in full squads of 4 and they wanna boost their ego.

EDIT: If you have to think about your aim consciously. Your aim probably isn't good.

The only time you should consciously be thinking about your aim is to improve a certain point of it or fix a bad habit.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

It's really not.

For the majority of top players we just sit in voice chat talking about stupid shit. The hand and eyes just work on autopilot without thought. The only time top players pro-actively play is when vsing against other top players in full squads of 4 and they wanna boost their ego.

EDIT: If you have to think about your aim consciously. Your aim probably isn't good.

The only time you should consciously be thinking about your aim is to improve a certain point of it or fix a bad habit.

What if I told you that I'm always thinking about my aim as I always seek to improve it? Hitting HTK 30% of the time isn't good enough D:<

17 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

... I'm always thinking about my aim as I always seek to improve it...

hey man! 😉

Something, something, hope that phasing fixes it.

It's not going to stop idiots dressing like Nazis.

10 hours ago, Cr0 said:

hey man! 😉

You're starting to sound like one of my old drill sergeants

9 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

You're starting to sound like one of my old drill sergeants

Hey it's not me, it's Yoda 😉

The behavior displayed by an unfortunately large chunk of the APB community is a big factor as to why this game's population has fallen so low. The constant toxicity has driven away normal/average players, and prevents new players from wanting to get into the game. This leaves us with the riffraff who are more concerned with their KD and in-game "clout" than the longevity of the game itself.

The other day I was in district chat with a couple of others talking about how the community should take efforts to help new players rather than farm them for easy kills (when encountered as opp). Some agreed, but some said that they shouldn't have to because it's the devs' problem and not theirs. If they get put up against noobs then it's all fair game.

I was in a silver district where I got put into a 2 v 1 match with me (silver) and a green player against a gold player. My teammate was undoubtedly new, mostly just sticking next to me the whole time and not totally grasping the gameplay and mission mechanics yet. Our opponent still decided they needed to call for backup, all while wiping the floor with both of us. If it was just me then whatever, it happens all the time. But this guy was pulling out all the hardcore strats on some noob, killing them before they even had a chance to realize what was happening. I called them out for it only to be told "Stay mad, it's just a game."

There was a match I was in (a 2 v 2) where one of our opponents was definitely new, easy pickings for my teammate who ruthlessly decimated him (again, probably before the even had a chance to realize what was going on). I said "Shouldn't you at least go kinda easy on the new guy?" with my teammate's response being "It'll teach him to get better.".

These are just few instances of things I encounter far more often than anyone should. Are they anecdotal? Sure. But I highly doubt I'm the only one that's seen this happen. It's worth noting that I do see higher ranked players that will go easy on lower ranked opponents, but this is (from what I've seen) few and far between in comparison. Far too many of the game's remaining players are for some reason incapable of looking at things from the perspective of a new player, or possibly anyone else's other than their own. Their self-centered "I got mine" behavior just brings this game further into the cesspool that drives people away, only for these same people to complain about the population being so low. And the part that I imagine many don't want to admit is that it's a sizable portion of this community.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, n0vaxp2 said:

I was in a silver district where I got put into a 2 v 1 match with me (silver) and a green player against a gold player. My teammate was undoubtedly new, mostly just sticking next to me the whole time and not totally grasping the gameplay and mission mechanics yet. Our opponent still decided they needed to call for backup, all while wiping the floor with both of us. If it was just me then whatever, it happens all the time. But this guy was pulling out all the hardcore strats on some noob, killing them before they even had a chance to realize what was happening. I called them out for it only to be told "Stay mad, it's just a game."

A lot of the time it is actually better to call backup so that the other team can then call backup when you are against players you easily out match. Gives the matchmaker a second chance to boost things up. Plus in larger games, good players have less of an impact.

Also babying players will slow down their progression of skill and grasp at mechanics.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1