I'm not perfect but I would say 80% of the time if some one isn't as good as me (and depending on the skill gap) I will either nerf my self, or find other ways to go easy on someone. Yet, I can't help but feel i'm the only one?

So many times I have gotten into games where the roles have flipped and someone else is soooo much better than I. But do they reaaaalllllly have to use every move in the book on me?

This is part of the reason people dethreat. Then you see dethreaters using what they see in their silver vs gold match to go against the bronzes.

It's just really annoying. I would never ask someone to go easy on me but jesus you don't need to strafe at 10000mph with your JC when it's clear I can't hit you even if you crouch.

Sigh  matchmaking's a fuzzy bunny

why do some of you find joy in using advanced techniques on new players? 

pick on someone your own size

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, R3ACT3M said:

not really a matter of enjoying it or not, its just normal gameplay for a lot of higher skill players

after thousands on thousands of hours certain behavior isnt even a conscious thought anymore

24 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

I'm not perfect but I would say 80% of the time if some one isn't as good as me (and depending on the skill gap) I will either nerf my self, or find other ways to go easy on someone. Yet, I can't help but feel i'm the only one?

So many times I have gotten into games where the roles have flipped and someone else is soooo much better than I. But do they reaaaalllllly have to use every move in the book on me?

This is part of the reason people dethreat. Then you see dethreaters using what they see in their silver vs gold match to go against the bronzes.

It's just really annoying. I would never ask someone to go easy on me but jesus you don't need to strafe at 10000mph with your JC when it's clear I can't hit you even if you crouch.

Sigh  matchmaking's a fuzzy bunny

pick on someone your own size

Because you can rarely find ops that have the same skill level as u do in apb. Destroying ppl or u get destroyed 😞

• Like 3

Everything mentioned here is totally related to low population problem. If game would have enough players, these problems simple won’t exist (maybe dethreating only)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, 404 said:

not really a matter of enjoying it or not, its just normal gameplay for a lot of higher skill players

after thousands on thousands of hours certain behavior isnt even a conscious thought anymore

I seriously doubt this...I can understand some things but it's clear when you aren't even trying anymore and they are sweating their balls off.

3 hours ago, wHisHi said:

Everything mentioned here is totally related to low population problem. If game would have enough players, these problems simple won’t exist (maybe dethreating only)

Everytime i talk about this game with my friend, I tell him how if the pop was larger seeing Sniper,rifle,assault rifle, shotgun, sidearm, ect only districts would be really cool. 

It would also help balancing out the weapon classes.

But I seriously doubt this game will even break 500 players on Jericho with the new engine.

Any veteran player who claims to return after the engine upgrade is delusional. It's still APB, and It will always be APB. It's very frustrating trying to play this game. 
I don't think anyone can say this game is fun, this game has never been fun. This game is an addiction. 

Didn't LO also say we would have the engine by now? Why does it seem that they should have just rebuilt the game from the ground up in unreal 4 rather than port the damn thing to 3.5

Starting to think it would have been easier.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

this is a match making prob and has been ever since the begining of apb.

you want people to go easy on you but these people who are alot better than you actually want you to get better cause stomping low skill players is actually pretty boring also.

you can tell the guy to go easy but imo its like telling the bad player to "get gud"... if there were matchmaking then we wouldnt be here.

A lot of the people you are calling sweaty tryhards is just normal gameplay for them. That's just a casual day for someone at the higher skill bracket. They are not going to play like actual sweaty tryhards unless they go against someone else in the same bracket and they dislike.

If anything, the majority of those people in the higher skill bracket that have been around for years play like idiots on purpose. Just enjoying the game. But the skill level has become so ingrained in muscle memory that it can be done with little thought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

I seriously doubt this...I can understand some things but it's clear when you aren't even trying anymore and they are sweating their balls off.

If you've ever watched a high skill player stream, or even played with some yourself, you should know that they arent sweating at all... they hit that flow state and just chill their way through opp... winning with ease.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

it doesnt apply to every gold and there are definitely those who purposely stomp to feed their ego, but things like positioning and weapon use really are just automatic after a certain point

9 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

I'm not perfect but I would say 80% of the time if some one isn't as good as me (and depending on the skill gap) I will either nerf my self, or find other ways to go easy on someone.

All that does is keep your threat from being as high as it should be, and bumps their threat higher than it should be.

tl;dr that makes lopsided matches MORE likely

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

I think you're overthinking their behaviour a bit here.

They play to win, can't fault them for it. Just how it is and should be.

1 minute ago, Tumbies said:

soft triggerbots

what the hell is a soft triggerbot

I will just start using more hard weapons if its a mission against someone new, and sometimes i actually lose, i mean on an using only SNR as my weapon 🙂

Edited by ReaperTheButcher

18 minutes ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

I will just start using more hard weapons if its a mission against someone new, and sometimes i actually lose, i mean on an using only SNR as my weapon 🙂

Sounds like dethreating tbh.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Sounds like dethreating tbh.

Do i look like someone who need to dethreat haha, having the new player killing me a few time and i kill them a few times gives more fair match, and motivates them to continue playing, i could just bulldoze them easily but i want more players to play the game, i dont want to obliterate them and they will think to themself, i dont need that shitty matchmaking playing against golden"gods".

You can't really speak of moral in APB, considering the fact the majority of players have lost their moral compass, have questionable ethics and a sense of good sportsmanship is rarely to be seen. But that's not strictly related to APB, that's how, generally speaking, the society is nowadays. 

However, you cannot blame someone for being merciless and remorseless in a video-game, everyone has their own way of playing. Someone will completely destroy their obviously less skilled opponent and will get the same treatment from a more skilled player than themselves, someone will go easy on opponents who are evidently below their skill level. That's something on individual level, a matter of personal choice and I find both being perfectly fine. To each their own. 

Personally, I always go easy on weaker opponents simply because I do not enjoy opposing and playing against someone who is less skilled, beating them brings no rewards or personal satisfaction.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Bambola said:

You can't really speak of moral in APB, considering the fact the majority of players have lost their moral compass, have questionable ethics and a sense of good sportsmanship is rarely to be seen. But that's not strictly related to APB, that's how, generally speaking, the society is nowadays. 

However, you cannot blame someone for being merciless and remorseless in a video-game, everyone has their own way of playing. Someone will completely destroy their obviously less skilled opponent and will get the same treatment from a more skilled player than themselves, someone will go easy on opponents who are evidently below their skill level. That's something on individual level, a matter of personal choice and I find both being perfectly fine. To each their own. 

Personally, I always go easy on weaker opponents simply because I do not enjoy opposing and playing against someone who is less skilled, beating them brings no rewards or personal satisfaction.

Same mindset as me. there is no enjoyment in bulldozing obviously new players, you kinda know from the first gun fight who you are up against, i judge by that how i will proceed to play that mission, and no i dont care silvers 5 STK me with PMG, ego is out of the window in those missions.

As the OP mentioned, pick someone your size, so if the game decides to pick someone tiny, i make it harder on myself but i still try.

9 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

If you've ever watched a high skill player stream, or even played with some yourself, you should know that they arent sweating at all... they hit that flow state and just chill their way through opp... winning with ease.

Well they need to knock it off XD

8 hours ago, 404 said:

it doesnt apply to every gold and there are definitely those who purposely stomp to feed their ego, but things like positioning and weapon use really are just automatic after a certain point

Perhaps

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

All that does is keep your threat from being as high as it should be, and bumps their threat higher than it should be.

tl;dr that makes lopsided matches MORE likely

True but being a try hard against noobs will just kill the population instead

14 hours ago, wHisHi said:

Even with 1.5k pop the game had problems because of limitations. When you join any district instance, you gonna match with other 40 players and there's quite low chance that other side will have the equal skill players like you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bambola said:

You're Exactly Right, there is no Honor, Ethics, or Morals in Gaming, and todays generation has no Morals because they were taught by society to question and rebel against any 'Old World' Ethics

A world where slight verbal abuse is considered Bullying but a Mob beating a man to death, Arson, Murder, even Treason are considered not only Ethical but 'The Right Thing To Do' 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

There have been many people in bronze do go easy on others because of poor matchmaking however there are just as many golds and silvers in bronze who clearly do not.

I for one refuse to go all out  hard on a bronze unless they are good enough for silver 

I'm a silver and play both districts since I'm not normally gold.

Cant wait for phasing since this wouldn't be an issue anymore.  I hope APB gets to that soon.

A decent dude will not feel the need to go all out against very easy opposition  🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Cant wait for phasing since this wouldn't be an issue anymore.  I hope APB gets to that soon.

+ a population boost

3 hours ago, Cr0 said:

A decent dude will not feel the need to go all out against very easy opposition  🙂

Guess everyone is a degenerate in this game

7 hours ago, Lign said:

Even with 1.5k pop the game had problems because of limitations. When you join any district instance, you gonna match with other 40 players and there's quite low chance that other side will have the equal skill players like you.

Way more chances because people can move freely to other gold/silver districts. Also silvers can play vs silvers etc., people  can face same thread opposition.