Timobelk

restricted cars, kits etc

Few years ago I got Kissaki kit for one of my accounts in this case my enforcer character, as a reward (don't remember what was the occasion) but didn't activated it because I realized really quick that enforcers still don't have a Bishada as a unlockable car. So I asked back then G1 what is the deal with that and as in most cases back then I didn't got any answer or the answer was completely irrelevant or simply link to the armas shop which also is useless pretty much because this variation wasn't available in armas and far as I checked it still isn't. This is coming from the darkest age of APB where support pretty much didn't exist. So this is sitting on my account for years and now dug it out again and I wonder if I can do something with it or kiss it goodbye.

Same question applies for other cars that are restricted and many people got these random kits but not sure about the cars. Some got the cars with it some didn't and if a enfo can't get a bishada or a crim cant get a V20 then what is the point getting the kits for the opposing faction. It would be great if we get a car that we can modify and then sell it or gift it. If it's locked character bound then in this case this is completely useless and I wish we got something else instead as rewards.

Also was thinking for example if it's account bound then I can make a crim and maybe use this kissaki kit there anyways?

So people what is your experience with this, did anyone remembers this, got one of these and did you manage to get this working somehow or should I just forget it.

Edited by hm3000
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If I'm understanding this correctly, you thought that its a bug that you received a Bishada with a kit for it on your Enforcer? The Bishada Kissaki is an exclusive Bishada kit for enforcers only. It is indeed available on Armas right here and always has been: https://www.gamersfirst.com/marketplace/ingame/product_details.php?storetype=g1c&gameID=20&productId=2645

Same goes for the Jericho for Crims, they have their own unique exclusive body kit that you can get from Armas only: https://www.gamersfirst.com/marketplace/ingame/product_details.php?storetype=g1c&gameID=20&catID=64&subcatID=177&productId=2412

These have been here for years, even prior to the "dark age" and they've always been on Armas.

You got it out of a Joker Myster Box. I have two of these on my enforcer. It unlocks a permanent 4-slot Bishada on the character and gives you the kits to customize it. You can even buy the bundles of other Bishada kits from Armas on an enforcer character and apply them to this variant of the Bishada. Vice versa for Crims with the Jericho.

Edited by Flaws
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Never liked these faction-exclusive kits tbh. I wanna mix mako/kissaki, why can't I?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Nagletz said:

Never liked these faction-exclusive kits tbh. I wanna mix mako/kissaki, why can't I?

Because that would be too much fun

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nagletz said:

We can get rockets from a vending machine, but how dare you presume you'd be able to wrap your hands around a specific car!

I'd love for LO to just unlock everything, faction, gender, lore, (rank?) be damned - give us the loot!

But as I understand it with the unique way APB's current code deals with items, it's a little more of a task than just turning a 0 to a 1. So we have to wait and dream.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Flaws said:

If I'm understanding this correctly, you thought that its a bug that you received a Bishada with a kit for it on your Enforcer? The Bishada Kissaki is an exclusive Bishada kit for enforcers only. It is indeed available on Armas right here and always has been: https://www.gamersfirst.com/marketplace/ingame/product_details.php?storetype=g1c&gameID=20&productId=2645

Same goes for the Jericho for Crims, they have their own unique exclusive body kit that you can get from Armas only: https://www.gamersfirst.com/marketplace/ingame/product_details.php?storetype=g1c&gameID=20&catID=64&subcatID=177&productId=2412

These have been here for years, even prior to the "dark age" and they've always been on Armas.

You got it out of a Joker Myster Box. I have two of these on my enforcer. It unlocks a permanent 4-slot Bishada on the character and gives you the kits to customize it. You can even buy the bundles of other Bishada kits from Armas on an enforcer character and apply them to this variant of the Bishada. Vice versa for Crims with the Jericho.

I know about them from long ago. Did some research to refresh my memory also when what was released.

But the thing is how do you expect to put those kits on a car that cannot be unlocked on the enforcer faction. Do you understand what is the issue here?  My reward doesn't tell me I have the "Customizable 4-Slot Vehicle: Bishada" included and don't want to activate my item for nothing. Because the item is timed, isn't permanent. I don't play missions and certainly wouldn't use this car for such things.  I did fightclub and wouldn't use it there too even tho I am finished with that thing.  I just want to customize things as a form of entertainment. FC became a drag too and I got what I was looking to unlock for JT, I can live without the rest I wanted... 

Lately I fancy the idea of just customizing cars, other things and selling few.  I even gave some away to new players while I had money for it in a span of 3 months back, to help them out in these weird times. Would like to make personal Kissaki for myself to keep it for random meets etc. If I earned it as a reward I want to actually feel it as a reward. Not sure how to explain this really...  Every person is different and likes different things. I like my rewards to be permanent because I like to own my things.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Timobelk said:

I know about them from long ago. Did some research to refresh my memory also when what was released.

But the thing is how do you expect to put those kits on a car that cannot be unlocked on the enforcer faction. Do you understand what is the issue here?  My reward doesn't tell me I have the "Customizable 4-Slot Vehicle: Bishada" included and don't want to activate my item for nothing. Because the item is timed, isn't permanent. I don't play missions and certainly wouldn't use this car for such things.  I did fightclub and wouldn't use it there too even tho I am finished with that thing.  I just want to customize things as a form of entertainment. FC became a drag too and I got what I was looking to unlock for JT, I can live without the rest I wanted... 

Lately I fancy the idea of just customizing cars, other things and selling few.  I even gave some away to new players while I had money for it in a span of 3 months back, to help them out in these weird times. Would like to make personal Kissaki for myself to keep it for random meets etc. If I earned it as a reward I want to actually feel it as a reward. Not sure how to explain this really...  Every person is different and likes different things. I like my rewards to be permanent because I like to own my things.

Understandable and yeah, I originally thought that it isn't permanent, but it is. Assuming we are talking about the same reward, I don't believe there is a timed version of that JMB reward. I got the car and kit permanently on my enforcer out of a JMB.

• Like 1

Can we stop trying to ruin faction identity even more than it already has been.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I knew it was your down arrow even before scrolling down. 

Just embrace it - faction identity is a muddy grey mess now, there's not enough of us left for this full scale war of sides, shrug off those ancient hatreds and just accept we're all in this together dying to fuel the BigJoker machine. 

2 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

I knew it was your down arrow even before scrolling down. 

Just embrace it - faction identity is a muddy grey mess now, there's not enough of us left for this full scale war of sides, shrug off those ancient hatreds and just accept we're all in this together dying to fuel the BigJoker machine. 

I didn't downvote. I almost never vote on any post on this forum.

LMdzZVd.png

Yes. Faction identity is a muddy mess. It's why I want most of it reverted or at the very least not ruined more. But I know that's not gonna happen.

15 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

LMdzZVd.png

Well now I don't know what to believe.

15 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Yes. Faction identity is a muddy mess. It's why I want most of it reverted or at the very least not ruined more. But I know that's not gonna happen.

If the juggernaut that is Blizzard couldn't keep their factions from drinking from the same fountains, APB never stood a chance. There's no going back now, might as well give Crims LTL and Enfos ramraiding, embrace the transition of red vs blue into a vague purple blur. 

Like Flaws already mentioned, Kissaki kit unlocks a 4-slot Bishada purchase option that is permanent. They really need to change the fact the one you retrieve from the mailbox is timed, because it's just stupid and confusing

68e1b352ae.png

• Like 2

Warning: This is what I got so don't take it all as canon since there were different packs-rewards, just sharing my experience. 

I got a account bound Mako-Kissaki kit bundle that included the 4 slot car on for both factions and got this for two accounts. But considering I didn't had a enforcer on neither of them I was limited to the Mako kit alone which worked for me since I could dupe it and sell my creations because I had a Bishada unlocked on those crim characters. 

One pack was limited for 3 months (this was a direct gameplay event randomly rewarded, no clue what event it was, it was long time ago circa 2015), the other one limited for 6 months (this was also a reward but opened through a Joker Box).

So I used the 3M first then when that expired I activated the other one.

On both accounts the 4 slot car expired alongside the kits. You couldn't use them, they remained in your inventory but were greyed out -blocked. Same example as when you try a car (or weapon) from Armas and it remains in your inventory after it expires but you cannot use it anymore.

Luckily I kept the cars and now they are unlocked and available for use. Now I do believe this is something LO enabled upon someone's request because I am pretty sure those cars were unusable for years up until LO took over. And I am glad to have those cars again so thank you.

The car cannot be sold but can be duplicated so you can make other personal versions of it and it costs 1,500 in-game $. The parts cannot be altered just the livery and color options.

Provided a picture of it.

APBR5471975.jpg

And yes some information could be more clear, specific and refined in some cases but equally it can be just as easily ignored in a wall of text that the user might skip or miss out or even forget it and cannot be re-read because some information is only available once during the read. So it's a win-lose situation in both...and need to be addressed somehow to appeal more the user with notifications that can separate themselves and be more clear to read and see but not be over the top so the user ignores it.

So in conclusion if you (OP) have the same package you probably got a car with it and can make at least your personal vehicles that you can keep and use later on even after the pack expires, and these cannot be sold or shared. So choose and create wisely.

• Like 2

On 8/23/2020 at 5:18 AM, KnifuWaifu said:

might as well give Crims LTL and Enfos ramraiding

Just make alts.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

Just make alts.

I think you know the amount of work that requires outweighs the benefits and it really breaks down when there's an event on, especially if you're a time-poor pleb like me. Having to choose which character gets the Event Reward/Achievement from my list is like trying to choose which child is the favourite.

But I agree it is nice to be able to try to auto-balance Districts and FCs by swapping sides, makes for very little down time in the little time I do have.

Also woe to anyone who chose the seemingly cheaper "Character Bound" option for any purchase.

6 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

I think you know the amount of work that requires outweighs the benefits and it really breaks down when there's an event on, especially if you're a time-poor pleb like me. Having to choose which character gets the Event Reward/Achievement from my list is like trying to choose which child is the favourite.

Also woe to anyone who chose the seemingly cheaper "Character Bound" option for any purchase.

Eh, I suppose. I've had 4 R255's (2 Enf, 2 Crim), but I deleted one. It's really not that bad if you have only like, 2 characters.

Was nice of LO to let us just purchase the event stuff, cause I didn't have time to play during the events.

I might be full of crap, but I thought you could upgrade a purchase to account bound? I know the Clothes + Car type packs are character bound though...

1 hour ago, EvaPooh said:

Eh, I suppose. I've had 4 R255's (2 Enf, 2 Crim), but I deleted one. It's really not that bad if you have only like, 2 characters.

I know I'm being completely antedoctal - but sometimes I barely get to spend an hour or two in most events, mixed with a good dose of bad skills, poor timezone, and latency issues, translates to only 1 character getting the goods and the rest getting nothing.

1 hour ago, EvaPooh said:

Was nice of LO to let us just purchase the event stuff, cause I didn't have time to play during the events.

I might be full of crap, but I thought you could upgrade a purchase to account bound? I know the Clothes + Car type packs are character bound though...

If I wasn't so cheap I'd get those event items too as well as Account Bound items but yeah I have no idea what happened to them, they used to pop up every time I opened up the ARMAS store luring me to just pay a few hundred more to get Account versions of all my Character bound crap, but now those offers have disappeared, or at least haven't been to aggressive in their advertisement, maybe they're still around, but so is my cheapness, so lose-lose for knifu's alts.

I really want the Jericho Nightrider floodlights on my enforcer. I also want the Pursuit special rear lights and spoiler on criminal.

APB's theme is to "be everything you can't be." It does not make sense to limit body kits to factions.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 3:52 PM, SquirrelFace said:

I really want the Jericho Nightrider floodlights on my enforcer. I also want the Pursuit special rear lights and spoiler on criminal.

APB's theme is to "be everything you can't be." It does not make sense to limit body kits to factions.

Me too. I mentioned this to someone not so long ago and they were like "there are no floodlights on Jericho" then I realized, right, what he meant that is a crim part item...

There goes the option for me to own a custom car like that 🙄

@Novived I will activate the pack soon as I will have more time for customisations, and hopefully there will be a car in there. At least that since the gifting/selling option is gone.

On 8/23/2020 at 6:01 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

G1 hated crims... they gave enfs the mikro, took away the ability to wear a cop hat on crim, buffed the espacio THEN gave it to enfs, never gave crims LTL... threw crims a bone with the enf faction armor/webbing... but for REAL MONEY... gave enfs bishada AND the better/sexier kit exclusive to enforcers... took away our bugged cop lights and deleted our cars with coplights on them.... enfs have enf specific kits for 4x4 vegas that looks better... crims dont get anything cool.

now all i really want is the 4 slot fresno to be available in game and the refer a friend guns (temptress, cap 40 2 slot) to be put in game already... will they ever put them in the game before the game dies or what?

3 hours ago, Motorola said:

they gave enfs the mikro

crims got the vaquero

buffed the espacio THEN gave it to enfs

crims got the pioneer

gave enfs bishada AND the better/sexier kit exclusive to enforcers

crims got the jericho

enfs have enf specific kits for 4x4 vegas that looks better

the only faction specific vegas part i can think of (apart from police lights) is the ugly bull bar on the enf firehawk kit

the refer a friend guns (temptress, cap 40 2 slot) to be put in game already... will they ever put them in the game before the game dies or what?

we were told months ago these are to be unlocks for the new contacts coming with the engine upgrade

Edited by 404
merged

all the crim cars are better thats my point.

enforcers have LTL and they gave away our faction specific cars... I feel like the unique differences with the cars somewhat mitigated the fact that playing enf has better content. now for sure enforcer is better to play in my opinion... you get all the same cars as crim (better kits at that for all the crim cars) on top of having LTL as an option. 

dont say "ram raiding" no one cares about ram raiding and not only is that crim content but its also content for enfs also... they get to ruin the criminals 'fun' along with being able to use LTL vs them during it lol.

choosing enforcer is a better choice 

Edited by Motorola

42 minutes ago, Motorola said:

enforcers have LTL and they gave away our faction specific cars... I feel like the unique differences with the cars somewhat mitigated the fact that playing enf has better content. now for sure enforcer is better to play in my opinion... you get all the same cars as crim (better kits at that for all the crim cars) on top of having LTL as an option. 

dont say "ram raiding" no one cares about ram raiding and not only is that crim content but its also content for enfs also... they get to ruin the criminals 'fun' along with being able to use LTL vs them during it lol.

choosing enforcer is a better choice 

Pioneer is straight up better than Espacio.

The kits are pretty subjective though. For the most part I prefer many of the crim ones.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

2 hours ago, Motorola said:

pioneer and jericho are definitely better than their crim counterparts, vaquero could go either way i guess

enforcers have LTL and they gave away our faction specific cars... I feel like the unique differences with the cars somewhat mitigated the fact that playing enf has better content

i wouldnt have any issue with crims getting ltl, not that anyone would play it after the first month of shiny-new-toy-effect, just like enfs

i dont really consider a feature that so few people actually use on the regular "content"

better kits at that for all the crim cars

thats a bit subjective, i personally think crims get better kits for most of the cross faction vehicle packs