Sakebee

Anti-Cheat Discussion

On 8/21/2020 at 6:16 PM, Sakebee said:

Since you posted this in August 2020 the population has continued to decline. How much discussion do you need from the community? (you let this "discussion" continue for 11 pages.... 11 pages of drivel LOL) From the discussion of the community, which I believe you read each post, have you decided what you're gonna do?

On 5/26/2021 at 4:18 PM, iRawwwN said:

Since you posted this in August 2020 the population has continued to decline. How much discussion do you need from the community? (you let this "discussion" continue for 11 pages.... 11 pages of drivel LOL) From the discussion of the community, which I believe you read each post, have you decided what you're gonna do?

They already decided. There guna do what theve been doing this whole time, nothing. If they were srs about this and had any intentions to do anything it would have been done by the end of the yr or in Jan the latest. 3 months was more then enough to discuss and decide a course of action.

Edited by Darkzero3802

They have other games to focus on, APB is not a priority nor has it ever been 🙂

On 5/31/2021 at 7:06 AM, Darkzero3802 said:

They already decided. There guna do what theve been doing this whole time, nothing. If they were srs about this and had any intentions to do anything it would have been done by the end of the yr or in Jan the latest. 3 months was more then enough to discuss and decide a course of action.

Sadly rhetorical questions don't always make out over forums. I couldn't even get a reply from the community manager after quoting them. Their silence is harrowing, but I can see from the consistent drop in /pop that they aren't equipped to handle such a "large" game!

Edited by iRawwwN

1 hour ago, iRawwwN said:

Sadly rhetorical questions don't always make out over forums. I couldn't even get a reply from the community manager after quoting them. Their silence is harrowing, but I can see from the consistent drop in /pop that they aren't equipped to handle such a "large" game!

They won't even give their Game Moderators moderator power. They can't ban people speed hacking in front of them.

On 6/3/2021 at 7:36 PM, iRawwwN said:

Nope they arent and they really dont know how to properly run the game. All of their choices to date has had a more negative impact then positive and any game dev knows they need to release enough content, fixes and qol to keep the pop around till the next content drop. Matt hasnt done any of these. I dont count events as they arent perm (they also only ran once before reverting to the old reuse events with 0 new content for vets) Now its too late for an out of date engine upgrade as the pops just too low and too many have moved on.

On 6/6/2021 at 1:01 PM, Darkzero3802 said:

Nope they arent and they really dont know how to properly run the game. All of their choices to date has had a more negative impact then positive and any game dev knows they need to release enough content, fixes and qol to keep the pop around till the next content drop. Matt hasnt done any of these. I dont count events as they arent perm (they also only ran once before reverting to the old reuse events with 0 new content for vets) Now its too late for an out of date engine upgrade as the pops just too low and too many have moved on.

They have other projects on the go that they are contracted for, so apb isn't the main source of their income. apb probably doesnt get worked on unless someone has nothing to do.

:^(

Edited by iRawwwN

On 6/7/2021 at 4:52 PM, iRawwwN said:

They have other projects on the go that they are contracted for, so apb isn't the main source of their income. apb probably doesnt get worked on unless someone has nothing to do.

:^(

When Matt bought APB he made a promise of a stand alone crew just for APB. If what you say is the case then hes broken promises as well. Again its too late now as they didnt keep the pop around for the engine to be warranted. I would just say make APB 2 and start with current gen stuff. Unreal 5 did just drop.

2 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

When Matt bought APB he made a promise of a stand alone crew just for APB. If what you say is the case then hes broken promises as well. Again its too late now as they didnt keep the pop around for the engine to be warranted. I would just say make APB 2 and start with current gen stuff. Unreal 5 did just drop.

Matt bought APB yes, don't forget he also sold the IP to some random HK (chinese) company [Unit Game] that has little to no info on it. They cannot just "make" APB 2. Remaking APB with current technology and an updated Lore/Story would be great, but I don't think LO has the funds (or in-house skill) for such an undertaking.

Edited by iRawwwN

12 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

I would just say make APB 2

Once again, they literally can't. LO doesn't own the rights to the IP anymore, what we currently have is the only thing they're allowed to develop.

On 6/14/2021 at 2:38 AM, Hexerin said:

Once again, they literally can't. LO doesn't own the rights to the IP anymore, what we currently have is the only thing they're allowed to develop.

Well its just another thing Matt screwed up

Merged.

On 6/13/2021 at 4:09 PM, iRawwwN said:

Matt bought APB yes, don't forget he also sold the IP to some random HK (chinese) company [Unit Game] that has little to no info on it. They cannot just "make" APB 2. Remaking APB with current technology and an updated Lore/Story would be great, but I don't think LO has the funds (or in-house skill) for such an undertaking.

Well as I said above, another Matt screw up. If only he had hired ppl who knew and made the right choices maby wed still be playing right now on a new engine at least.

• Like 1

The bottom line is, the only way to ever stop the cheaters is to have GMs (with the power to temp ban) in game and have the /report system tag them as soon as it is submitted so that the GM can instantly jump to and observe the /reported player. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KillerHippie said:

The bottom line is, the only way to ever stop the cheaters is to have GMs (with the power to temp ban) in game and have the /report system tag them as soon as it is submitted so that the GM can instantly jump to and observe the /reported player. 

Yes !!!

13 hours ago, KillerHippie said:

14 hours ago, KillerHippie said:

have the /report system tag them as soon as it is submitted so that the GM can instantly jump to and observe the /reported player

I think you wildly underestimate the amount of hackusating that happens

Anyone has a recording of old APB Twitch stream, when Tiggs used the server-side spectate feature?
It was a sight to behold. My jaw dropped as low as its FPS. It is simply not good enough to judge between a closet or a legit player (at that time).

Monitoring GMs cost alot in the long run, even if you outsource this work to some 3rd world offshore company.

You want to rely on automated anomaly detection tools. This game has too many security design oversights to prevent cheating.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Warn/suspend/ban people if they falsely accuse others, like any well moderated game does. Problem solved.

17 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Warn/suspend/ban people if they falsely accuse others, like any well moderated game does. Problem solved.

you literally have a thread where you complain (still incorrectly, at this point in time) that orbit only takes actions against the people reporting, do you not think that instating a system that actually does punish people for reporting will lead to even more frustrated players?

• Like 1

You literally can dream about any kind of better anti cheap anymore, the game is going down! And anything better as an anti-cheat, its literally a pipe dream by now.

GL intellectually discussing irrelevant issues.

Oh wait...i still need to give it another year to state that 😛 nvm.

On 6/18/2021 at 7:05 PM, CookiePuss said:

Nope, I think you are confusing non-hack cheats with hackusations. Of cheaters less than 5% are hacking, the rest are botting, exploiting, greefing, and dethreating.  Try and remember that cheating has many forms and all should be reported not just the occasional hacker. 

I have seen a team member block the target, take it and run from the target, shoot his team, ram the teams cars, etc... all to help the enemy. This type of cheating gets reported way more than hackers. Yet the ones doing it will cry that the reporter is hackusating, because they can not understand that there are other ways of cheating other than hacks.

Merged.

On 6/19/2021 at 7:10 AM, Hexerin said:

Great idea, but first lean what all cheating in APB is.  In the 11 years I have played APB I have only seen one false accusation, and that was from a teammate too an enemy. Once I pointed out hat it was a OP weapon which you could gamble and buy (if you spent enough real world cash) he realized the enemy was not cheating.   Every other accusation was that the cheaters were doing non-hack cheats with was true.

The problem is that most cheats do not know they are cheating, because they have seen so many people cheat that they think it is acceptable. 

10 hours ago, KillerHippie said:

In the 11 years I have played APB I have only seen one false accusation, and that was from a teammate too an enemy.

For eleven years of playing, no one, not even a single time, accused you of cheating? I find this highly unlikely to be true, regardless of your actual skill set.

I genuinely wonder why half of you people stick around if all you're going to do is berate Little Orbit and say how trash this game is. Great, we've all known how trash it is for the past fucking 6 years at this point. We've all been waiting since "Q4 2014"(lmao). Why're you people so impatient now? Making APB 2 isn't going to solve shit. No, it wouldn't be easier, and it amazes me that it's still even a discussion. 

1 hour ago, Coolmint said:

I genuinely wonder why half of you people stick around if all you're going to do is berate Little Orbit and say how trash this game is. Great, we've all known how trash it is for the past fucking 6 years at this point. We've all been waiting since "Q4 2014"(lmao). Why're you people so impatient now? Making APB 2 isn't going to solve shit. No, it wouldn't be easier, and it amazes me that it's still even a discussion. 

Without having these endless debates on the pretty much same topics over and over again, this forum would have died a long time ago, just like some servers did.

There's a list of "trigger" topics one tosses out as a bait from time to time, we all divide in a few groups, just like in the game and then bash each other with arguments, contra arguments or no arguments at all, post memes or make memes of ourselves, we do 360° gaming chair spins after perfect comeback posts or just verbally t-bag someone.

Admittedly, it's completely off the balance since they removed the "dislike" function, but we build our post count anyway, climbing slowly up on the post count scoreboard, which is most important of all.

It is sort of APB's mini-game outside San Paro the forum's community eagerly throws itself into.

• Like 1

Just end it here, APB Reloaded does not have a active anticheat, its all manual, BE is disabled and even tho they said they can't afford EAC, guess what? It's free for developers. Move on. I tried to play today, and its ALL cheaters. If you're new and reading this, don't even bother til this game has proper Anticheat. Good day!

PS: If ya do, expect some bull matchs. Designers and Clothing people, yea i guess its pretty wicked, car designs and kits is what made me stay around, just a driver not a shooter.

Edited by Datpaper420
lil extra

10 hours ago, Datpaper420 said:

Just end it here, APB Reloaded does not have a active anticheat, its all manual, BE is disabled and even tho they said they can't afford EAC, guess what? It's free for developers. Move on. I tried to play today, and its ALL cheaters. If you're new and reading this, don't even bother til this game has proper Anticheat. Good day!

I would even argue these false accusations and calling out cheats whenever we face a better player, did almost the same harm to the game as cheating itself. If we could just stop assuming whoever is better than us must be cheating and accusing them constantly and publicly, maybe things will change and eventually prevent new and legit players making stupid decisions to start cheating in order to beat other "cheaters". Our ego doesn't necessarily have to be our biggest enemy.

If you're new and reading this, bear in mind there are always some cheaters, but the majority of players are pretty much legitimate.   

On 4/10/2021 at 1:26 PM, MiffyJupiter said:

@MattScott Fix your fucking game. Cheaters lurking literally around every corner and they aren't even trying to hide it, they are so obviously cheating. If your anti-cheat doesn't do crap then I suggest just cancel the fucking contract/license as you're paying for literally nothing.  This is the last time I've spent a fucking dime on this game. FIX IT or just slowly see it wither and ultimately die. You bought this game and we had great hopes as a community but we've literally seen no improvement in this game's gameplay mechanics. I don't care that my language is foul but I am utterly and completely done with this nonsense. 

Just look at in-game characters: Removed Public accusations ~@mayii all examples of high ranking players using cheats. There are clans out there that are literally full of players sharing their cheats, just look at the clans of the characters I mentioned. This is nothing compared to the majority of the "High Ranking" players using third party tools to give them advantages in this game. 

I hope this is worth something to you, if not; I don't care. This game is dead to me. But it's ultimately your investment that's at risk here. No one buys something that isn't worth saving, so I hope you've got something up your sleeve.

Damn, come down, I've been playing the game for a long time (with breaks) and in all these years I've seen maybe 4 players who definitely use hax. The game has completely different problems and these are people who use configs and macros and there are a lot of people even very well-known I just don't understand why these people do that, they are so looser in real life that they absolutely have to win in the game for something get feelings of happiness