Sakebee

Anti-Cheat Discussion

On 2/10/2021 at 2:42 PM, Sakebee said:

While our GMs work incredibly hard to provide a better experience for you all in game, they are not responsible for tracking potential cheaters. 

So you're saying... whatever it is they do to "provide a better experience of the game," they are NOT empowered to HELP US IN OUR MOST DESPERATE NEED to "provide a better experience of the game."  Since CHEATING is so blatantly endemic... they are USELESS and not able to do anything.  This game is pathetically mismanaged.  Please sell it to a company that gives a damn.  Right now it's just abandonware, and GM's whisper soft-nothings in district chat, on rare occassions.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cyberlicious said:

So you're saying... whatever it is they do to "provide a better experience of the game," they are NOT empowered to HELP US IN OUR MOST DESPERATE NEED to "provide a better experience of the game."  Since CHEATING is so blatantly endemic... they are USELESS and not able to do anything.  This game is pathetically mismanaged.  Please sell it to a company that gives a damn.  Right now it's just abandonware, and GM's whisper soft-nothings in district chat, on rare occassions.

You goof.

Cheating IS handled, just not by GMs. 

CS handles cheaters.

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

You goof.

Cheating IS handled, just not by GMs. 

CS handles cheaters.

I really hope Puck isn't still responsible for that. Felt like I was talking to clever bot or something

22 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

You goof.

>>Cheating IS handled...<<

You goof.  Cheating isn't being handled AT ALL... which is why the absurdity of GMs standing around being useless in district chat while blatant cheating is actively ongoing proves what a mismanaged farce LO has turned out to be.  Moreover, CS BEGGING players to police the game is the height of hopelessness this game has any chance at all. Matt Scott owes Tiggs an apology.  She may have made mistakes or been overly aggressive with bans... but the game was actually healthier, more populated and livelier when she actually WAS banning people... then it is now with LO catering to the cheater crowd.. who are virtually all that is left of the game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cyberlicious said:

which is why the absurdity of GMs standing around being useless in district chat while blatant cheating is actively ongoing proves what a mismanaged farce LO has turned out to be.  Moreover, CS BEGGING players to police the game is the height of hopelessness this game has any chance at all. Matt Scott owes Tiggs an apology.  She may have made mistakes or been overly aggressive with bans... but the game was actually healthier, more populated and livelier when she actually WAS banning people... then it is now with LO catering to the cheater crowd.. who are virtually all that is left of the game.

I feel like you only hear what you want to hear. 

Take care.

Edited by CookiePuss

4 hours ago, Cyberlicious said:

You goof.  Cheating isn't being handled AT ALL... which is why the absurdity of GMs standing around being useless in district chat while blatant cheating is actively ongoing proves what a mismanaged farce LO has turned out to be.  Moreover, CS BEGGING players to police the game is the height of hopelessness this game has any chance at all. Matt Scott owes Tiggs an apology.  She may have made mistakes or been overly aggressive with bans... but the game was actually healthier, more populated and livelier when she actually WAS banning people... then it is now with LO catering to the cheater crowd.. who are virtually all that is left of the game.

Okay this is cheater goggles. In this case only what you want to see or hear. I love how you think cheating isn't being handled(i also don't have proof they are working on it but no game company caters to cheaters so I'll take that over your conspiracy theory) You have litterally zero proof of this and you have no idea what's going on when THEY work. Get the head out of your patootie. Lol are you also defending tiggs? Oh man. That's for another time. 

CS is begging for players to police up the game? When did they beg? Oh you probably mean when someone comes and makes another cheater thread and they say report it. That's not begging. That's in almost every game to report something (lol, valorant, cod, etc etc etc) 

You need a break. Or something. Time to step away from apb for a bit. 

Edited by Valkyrja-

On 1/10/2021 at 3:29 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I don't think you know what VPNs are.

Ah yes, ban someone's entire steam account for hacking on a single game.

IP bans do nothing.

Yes ban the entire steam account, for hacking a game that is offered on steam. 🙂

1 hour ago, Zian said:

Yes ban the entire steam account, for hacking a game that is offered on steam.

That's not something Steam will do, which is good because that is beyond absurd to even suggest.

Edited by Hexerin

3 hours ago, Zian said:

Yes ban the entire steam account, for hacking a game that is offered on steam. 🙂

won't happen sadly...

but yea i'd also say it's okay to ban the cheating trashs whole account! They don't have to be trash, they chose to be trash so it's on their side...

On 2/15/2021 at 7:50 PM, Cyberlicious said:

You are right dude, there are many players who know that but most of us stoped playing (some just dont waste time anymore typing here). Im from big community of old days of glory and after FF unban from LO like most of us left this game. We were that guys who worked for most of the bans there. Now majority on this forum are cheater supporters coz they are friends of them or cheat themself. I once wrote it here, i have a rl friend still cheating here i see it when i go to him (kinda known name). He was banned by FF on few accs (left the game), He was unbanned by LO, came back to game and never been banned after. He plays to troll around and dont give a crap about this game. AND yes we did report him from few accs. As long as i dont see his acc banned i will never belive that LO do sth about cheaters.

Edited by DreAmGirL
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DreAmGirL said:

You are right dude, there are many players who know that but most of us stoped playing (some just dont waste time anymore typing here). Im from big community of old days of glory and after FF unban from LO like most of us left this game. We were that guys who worked for most of the bans there. Now majority on this forum are cheater supporters coz they are friends of them or cheat themself. I once wrote it here, i have a rl friend still cheating here i see it when i go to him (kinda known name). He was banned by FF on few accs (left the game), He was unbanned by LO, came back to game and never been banned after. He plays to troll around and dont give a crap about this game. AND yes we did report him from few accs. As long as i dont see his acc banned i will never belive that LO do sth about cheaters.

Can you DM me the name of this cheater?

Lol didnt think so. 

22 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Can you DM me the name of this cheater?

Lol didnt think so. 

I reported him, even he reported himself from other acc. Its my real life friend dude. We both want to see if report works. I dont care and he dont care for that acc. We want working antycheat. Not gona use any other form of contact. He got cheat from well known forums and its the same as he sets it as you can see on some streams even... that should tell you a lot how bad current antycheat is.

to recognize it watch for instant mid body lock for 1st shot and after it goes random movement tracking around hitbox. Same for tracking when it turns in the same moment as players moves left or right. This can be set to have delay thou. Its so damn easy to see if you know what to look for and what human cant do constantly.

and you are the last person i would pm as you seems to be most incompetent, most confident (in bad way), most arrogant and you are the one who thinks to know everything and have allways right. Didnt see you helped in any way by your responses beside bringing hate and killing the game with each post. Please dont respond to my posts and dont read them. Thank you.

Edited by DreAmGirL
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

That's exactly what I thought.

lmfao

@CookiePuss, not to "rain on your parade" or anything,

but I'm not sure what would be accomplished by providing you any evidentiary proof or even a name.

As thoughtful and measured as your responses to forum posts have been in the past,
a tone of cynicism can only go so far.

I mean, granted you are a member of the "SPCT" team, just not sure if you would run off and

perform any due diligence to either refute or collaborate @DreAmGirL' s alleged witness allegations.

So, maybe there just wasn't any value seen in providing that information to you.

giphy.gif

We can't all be Heroes..

Edited by Westford
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Westford said:

@CookiePuss, not to "rain on your parade" or anything,

but I'm not sure what would be accomplished by providing you any evidentiary proof or even a name.

As thoughtful and measured as your responses to forum posts have been in the past,
a tone of cynicism can only go so far.

I mean, granted you are a member of the "SPCT" team, just not sure if you would run off and

perform any due diligence to either refute or collaborate @DreAmGirL' s alleged witness allegations.

So, maybe there just wasn't any value seen in providing that information to you.

giphy.gif

We can't all be Heroes..

They came on the forums, made an extraordinary claim, and provided no proof. 

I'm calling them a liar. 

It's got nothing to do with SPCT. 

On 2/23/2021 at 7:38 AM, Hexerin said:

That's not something Steam will do, which is good because that is beyond absurd to even suggest.

Since WHEN VAC BANS ARE ABSURD?

Edited by EMilika
anc cookie can you stfup? noone likes you.

On 2/26/2021 at 4:26 AM, EMilika said:

Since WHEN VAC BANS ARE ABSURD?

I mean VAC has had like hundreds of false ban waves. Also Vac as an AC is a freaking joke. Imo its close to PB really. lol

On 2/22/2021 at 10:50 PM, Zian said:

No screw that. I've seen enough false bans in various games to want that to be a feature. PUBG for example would hand out VAC bans for Battleye bans. You see how poorly it works with APB, getting kicked for using everyday software. What Steam needs to do is enforce their own ToS and blacklist companies that allow their users to cheat on their Cafe license.

On 2/28/2021 at 7:12 PM, SquirrelFace said:

No screw that. I've seen enough false bans in various games to want that to be a feature. PUBG for example would hand out VAC bans for Battleye bans. You see how poorly it works with APB, getting kicked for using everyday software. What Steam needs to do is enforce their own ToS and blacklist companies that allow their users to cheat on their Cafe license.

PUBG can't hand out VAC bans because they don't utilize VAC, they can only give you Game Bans for PUBG specifically on your steam account.

On 2/23/2021 at 5:38 AM, Hexerin said:

I wouldn't be so sure that this wont happen in the future. I know discussions are being had about such a thing or something similar.

1 hour ago, Y2Venom said:

I wouldn't be so sure that this wont happen in the future. I know discussions are being had about such a thing or something similar.

They would never do that nor do they have the rights to do so. Steam can't even ban you across all VAC enabled games, only by engine in the game you cheated.  

Imagine getting falsely banned in a game like APB and then your Steam account is lost due to the idiocy of a game studio, get out of here

9 hours ago, Tronkles said:

PUBG can't hand out VAC bans because they don't utilize VAC, they can only give you Game Bans for PUBG specifically on your steam account.

Some PUBG bans show as, 1 game ban 1 VAC ban, on your steam account. Had a teammate get banned. No bans prior to the PUBG, and PUBG was the only game on their steam profile. They had both on their profile immediately after. Yes, they were not banned by VAC, but it prevents you from playing in VAC protected games.

Not saying this teammate was legit or not, just saying that these systems shouldn't be linked. They're run by different companies with different detection methods. You can't trust that both will be 100% accurate.

13 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

Some PUBG bans show as, 1 game ban 1 VAC ban, on your steam account. Had a teammate get banned. No bans prior to the PUBG, and PUBG was the only game on their steam profile. They had both on their profile immediately after. Yes, they were not banned by VAC, but it prevents you from playing in VAC protected games.

Not saying this teammate was legit or not, just saying that these systems shouldn't be linked. They're run by different companies with different detection methods. You can't trust that both will be 100% accurate.

They don't show up as VAC bans, they show up as Game bans. PUBG cannot and will not ever be a VAC ban because again, it doesn't utilize VAC. 

No, it does not prevent you from playing VAC protected games, because that's not how VAC bans work. 

VAC bans applied are only tied to the engine that you were banned upon (Therein lies the reason for Game bans, they're manually applied by the game developer and has no effect on other games in your library even if the engine is shared by other games), it's been like this for over 15 years and it hasn't changed.  

54cgcfgky4tz.png

• Like 1

Been a while so I came back to check the state of the game. Was happy to see that there was a server with 30/30 players. Last time I checked last summer the best you could hope for was 10 or 12 on at least 1 side.

As far as the cheating, nothing has changed or be fixed because  most of the cheats are botters.  Played 8 games before having to go to work and the first 6 were the normal lite botters  fast carrying heavy Objs and kangaroo jump firing.   The last 2 matches were against the heavy cheaters that were walling, using bobfirebots, rapidhandswapfirebots, superthrowgernades and something that let a player snipe me at 99m with his sawed off shotgun. I was using a HVR and he killed me with his shotty before I could get a second round off (and I shot first).

The only thing that will combat the cheating epidemic is for GMs to actually be in game observing and warning / banning the cheaters. 

Now I say that because last time I played there was a GM in the game. I messaged him/her and asked them to watch the player. I pointed out that the guy was running with a safe faster than the team chasing him down in cars. The cheat would drop the safe, jump and spin in the air and kill all of out team in LOS. the grab the safe and run using a runjumpcarryitembot. The GM did say that he/she saw the player doing it but that I was the problem because I was being toxic by pointing it out to the GM.  

which is the reason I quit for  six months and why I can not get anyone to try or come back to the game.  It does not matter how good the new engine looks, until LO actually deals with the cheats the game will not get more than a slight bump. Until players see the cheats still thriving and remember why they quit playing APB. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Omega101 said:

Been a while so I came back to check the state of the game. Was happy to see that there was a server with 30/30 players. Last time I checked last summer the best you could hope for was 10 or 12 on at least 1 side.

As far as the cheating, nothing has changed or be fixed because  most of the cheats are botters.  Played 8 games before having to go to work and the first 6 were the normal lite botters  fast carrying heavy Objs and kangaroo jump firing.   The last 2 matches were against the heavy cheaters that were walling, using bobfirebots, rapidhandswapfirebots, superthrowgernades and something that let a player snipe me at 99m with his sawed off shotgun. I was using a HVR and he killed me with his shotty before I could get a second round off (and I shot first).

The only thing that will combat the cheating epidemic is for GMs to actually be in game observing and warning / banning the cheaters. 

Now I say that because last time I played there was a GM in the game. I messaged him/her and asked them to watch the player. I pointed out that the guy was running with a safe faster than the team chasing him down in cars. The cheat would drop the safe, jump and spin in the air and kill all of out team in LOS. the grab the safe and run using a runjumpcarryitembot. The GM did say that he/she saw the player doing it but that I was the problem because I was being toxic by pointing it out to the GM.  

which is the reason I quit for  six months and why I can not get anyone to try or come back to the game.  It does not matter how good the new engine looks, until LO actually deals with the cheats the game will not get more than a slight bump. Until players see the cheats still thriving and remember why they quit playing APB. 

seriously learn the game and weapon mechanics before you start accusing everyone cheating.