Sakebee

Anti-Cheat Discussion

As far as I have heard this cheat called Simplex (if that is how you write it) got leaked/cracked or something along those lines so plenty of people got access to it.
I'm not the one to hackusate but the cheaters problem currently is insane...

It's just low ranks that are doing insane in Asylum and people that just stream with the stuff turned on (I feel like everyone knows who I mean 😉 )

Isn't there anything you as LO can do and BE of course as well.. The dudes are going so blatant, be toxic in the chat, get banned and they simply reroll.

• Like 2

On 1/18/2021 at 10:32 PM, Cuve said:

As far as I have heard this cheat called Simplex (if that is how you write it) got leaked/cracked or something along those lines so plenty of people got access to it.
I'm not the one to hackusate but the cheaters problem currently is insane...

It's just low ranks that are doing insane in Asylum and people that just stream with the stuff turned on (I feel like everyone knows who I mean 😉 )

Isn't there anything you as LO can do and BE of course as well.. The dudes are going so blatant, be toxic in the chat, get banned and they simply reroll.

I have noticed it over the last few days. A lot of them came out of the woodwork. For the first time in a long time my team actually all agreed to sit out the mission as they were cheating and it was match after match.I think yesterday i counted at least 10.  Its the weekend so i am sure they will be flooding the servers.

On 1/23/2021 at 5:40 PM, Y2Venom said:

I have noticed it over the last few days. A lot of them came out of the woodwork. For the first time in a long time my team actually all agreed to sit out the mission as they were cheating and it was match after match.I think yesterday i counted at least 10.  Its the weekend so i am sure they will be flooding the servers.

yeah theyre active as newer even in back old times they ware smaller "less of them"

Edited by EMilika

This game is completely unplayable on bronze district.  There "seems" to be full hackers every single mission... and when there aren't perfect aim, ragebotters with 30+ kills per mission pretending it's fight club... it's max dethreated golds with volcanos, ursus, and premades that just make it impossible for most low rank premades to even get the 1st objective.  Maybe that makes a "cool" stream.. to WTFPAN and patootie-screw the weaker teams repeatedly, all day but... honestly it's killing your game population.

• Like 1

What can I say, its not working... magic kids everywhere

Hello little orbit you can remove the anti-cheat discussion since well you guys don't care about the feedback. BE is not working its garbage and now there is a cheat leaked what is being abused to the max and even if it is used by i don't know how many people, but a lot from what i have seen it still isn't detected. And i guess you guys don't want to do manual bans because: wE waNT bATtLE EyE tO BaN tHEm InSTead Of MAnUAl BAn.

At this point remove the anti cheat so we at least have better fps.

I bet only the janitors read these posts. Just say you fucking abandoned the live version.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

@Gateron
I will tell you even better stuff what they do and how incompetent they are and how anty cheat is not working.

1. My friend who was banned by FF for cheating, yes he was cheating using private cheat, very complex one. He got unban in unbane wave, so he used the same cheat again, he even stream from time to time, no ban anymore. I did report, i wrote GM's. He still play they dont give a f***. He would never return if they dont unban him.

2. Yesterday. Rank like 180, super obvious cheater, whole district say he cheats, and GM appears in district, and what he do? HE SAYS DONT NAME AND SHAME. We tell him ,dude you have obvious cheater, just check him (guy who snaps, allways pttk, walling as crazy). I did report on same guy when he was like r30! Week ago! ...and they dare to say to you USE REPORT.

So they prefer to listen to group of cheaters defending each other how there is no cheats in this game instead of restoring FF and use it as it was. It was only antycheat that these guys were afraid of. Bring back name and shame. It was not toxic. Toxic are people who defend cheaters. Now you are bringing only new cheaters to this game. Legits are leaving.

Remeber when you fight cheaters just stay AFK. More people will do that more cheaters will get bored and quit. As we did many times it works well, you could hear their frustration on stream.

Edited by DreAmGirL
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, DreAmGirL said:

2. Yesterday. Rank like 180, super obvious cheater, whole district say he cheats, and GM appears in district, and what he do? HE SAYS DONT NAME AND SHAME. We tell him ,dude you have obvious cheater, just check him (guy who snaps, allways pttk, walling as crazy). I did report on same guy when he was like r30! Week ago! ...and they dare to say to you USE REPORT.

So they prefer to listen to group of cheaters defending each other how there is no cheats in this game instead of restoring FF and use it as it was. It was only antycheat that these guys were afraid of. Bring back name and shame. It was not toxic. Toxic are people who defend cheaters. Now you are bringing only new cheaters to this game. Legits are leaving.

I would like to remind everyone that naming and shaming is not only against the terms of the forums and TOS, it is unproductive. The absolute best thing you can do is submit a report to our CS team. I know that many here feel this isn't sufficient, but I have personally been involved in several investigations that were made possible through player reports. Naming and shaming, on the other hand, only serves to set our community against each other. 

Please listen to the GMs when they encourage you to send a report. Do not name and shame (or advocate for that here on the forums). You put your own privileges at risk by doing so. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

I would like to remind everyone that naming and shaming is not only against the terms of the forums and TOS, it is unproductive. The absolute best thing you can do is submit a report to our CS team. I know that many here feel this isn't sufficient, but I have personally been involved in several investigations that were made possible through player reports. Naming and shaming, on the other hand, only serves to set our community against each other. 

Please listen to the GMs when they encourage you to send a report. Do not name and shame (or advocate for that here on the forums). You put your own privileges at risk by doing so. 

The community is already against eachother and against the GMs. The in game report system is nowhere near sufficient enough and when you have an entire district telling a GM to go look at said person and the GM doesnt do it and tells everyone to basically shut up does that make the players like the GMS? No, it turns them against the GMs more and reinforces the uselessness of the report system, how unproductive LO is in dealing with hackers and turns the community against one another as its legits vs hackers. And guess what the hackers will win so long as this continues. This in turn causes ppl to give up on reporting problems and give up on the game and the pop decreases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

<snip>
when you have an entire district telling a GM to go look at said person and the GM doesnt do it

While our GMs work incredibly hard to provide a better experience for you all in game, they are not responsible for tracking potential cheaters. This is the responsibility of our CS team, who needs to confirm that an instance of cheating has indeed occurred. Harassing a GM to investigate a player will not get you the result you want. Submitting a report or a ticket with evidence of the infraction, however, is incredibly helpful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

11 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

While our GMs work incredibly hard to provide a better experience for you all in game, they are not responsible for tracking potential cheaters. This is the responsibility of our CS team, who needs to confirm that an instance of cheating has indeed occurred. Harassing a GM to investigate a player will not get you the result you want. Submitting a report or a ticket with evidence of the infraction, however, is incredibly helpful.

Any information about changing Anticheat?

• Like 3

i will tell this again.... hes rank 180+during a week. So what you are saying is that most obvious cheaters can run for so long without any punishment. That shows how report is not working. Its massive amount of them right now. Still i see a proof of how its not working as i see in live how my friend is cheating... he has few max rank characters by now. Never beed banned after unban wave. So what you doing is not working. I was the one who was delivering movies in old days wasting hours on catching cheaters and what ive seen was many of them were gettng banned. G1 was actually checking proofs. Yeah they were not perfect but at least WE normal players have seen results. Now we dont see any result at all.

Somehow most of the oldest players keep saying you the same, so maybe you could tell few words to someone in charge that actual report system is not working as it should. Look like we care more then developers ;D

Edited by DreAmGirL

10 hours ago, Sakebee said:

You would sound more convincing if we didn't have an ever growing list of objective, presentable proof that your "CS team" literally does nothing about ToS/CoC violations like cheating and harassment. But of course the "no name and shame" policy means we can't share said proof, as it's one of the only things your team actually does take action on (which makes the actual truth so much more painfully obvious). So no, I (and most others) will never bother to submit tickets, as it's a complete waste of our time.

10 hours ago, Hexerin said:

the "no name and shame" policy means we can't share said proof

Wtf are you even talking about. 

Submit it to support.  That's literally how it works. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Wtf are you even talking about. Submit it to support.  That's literally how it works. 

Yes, let me spend X amount of my time submitting a ticket, for the support staff to summarily ignore it like they do with every ticket regarding ToS/CoC violations. Definitely not a waste of my time. Which again, we have plenty of actual, objective, and presentable proof that this is what they do. But we can't make it public, because then we're the bad guys, and we're the ones who get actioned, while the people actually violating the ToS/CoC continue to go on doing what they do with no repercussions ever suffered.

57 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Yes, let me spend X amount of my time submitting a ticket, for the support staff to summarily ignore it like they do with every ticket regarding ToS/CoC violations. Definitely not a waste of my time. Which again, we have plenty of actual, objective, and presentable proof that this is what they do. But we can't make it public, because then we're the bad guys, and we're the ones who get actioned, while the people actually violating the ToS/CoC continue to go on doing what they do with no repercussions ever suffered.

You know how you would need to post the "proof" here?

Just do that, but in an email to support. 

Quick, easy, and it accomplishes your goal. 

If you are simply too lazy that's on you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

A rhetoric question poses, if one, hypothetically, could even publicly post their proof of someone cheating, would that actually solve anything, or it would rather just turn the forums into another ffbansorg nastiness. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2021 at 3:42 PM, Sakebee said:

So a GM watching them do it as it happens isnt the quickest confirmation of someone cheating and the easiest way to free up resources? If thats the case have the CS team log into the single populated action district in Jericho so we can get quick results instead of waiting months.

18 hours ago, Hexerin said:

You would sound more convincing if we didn't have an ever growing list of objective, presentable proof that your "CS team" literally does nothing about ToS/CoC violations like cheating and harassment. But of course the "no name and shame" policy means we can't share said proof, as it's one of the only things your team actually does take action on (which makes the actual truth so much more painfully obvious). So no, I (and most others) will never bother to submit tickets, as it's a complete waste of our time.

Sak read this

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

You know what is quick, easy and accomplishes the goal of getting these ppl banned quickly? Having GMs investigate as it happens so they can have proof as it happens. Or ya know they can watch all these twitch streams of cheaters ruining the game. God forbid they did some work.

3 hours ago, Bambola said:

A rhetoric question poses, if one, hypothetically, could even publicly post their proof of someone cheating, would that actually solve anything, or it would rather just turn the forums into another ffbansorg nastiness. 

Cheaters publicly post their proof all the time, its called twitch. Its public proof of the lack of work GMs and the CMs do to ban them. When the community can actively show off their cheats and get away with it its just pathetic.

4 hours ago, Bambola said:

All honesty just take whatever evidence/proof you believe you have and send it via a support ticket to LO.

Then sip tea/coffee/beer give a few days if the player you want banned is gone for more than a week congratulations.  If they are still around perhaps you are wrong and need to get good and the person you think is cheating may just be that good at the game.

Nobody likes to lose and everyone wants to win and some have egos that cannot accept that someone just might be better than them.

Even players who have the worst score on the team yet scream at the top performing player because they lost the match yea think on that APB is full of poor performing players who think the problem is anyone but them.

Unless you are me and you like to see the world burn you can troll a bit.

However if you are blaming everyone of cheating and not trolling one bit you might just have issues with the butthurt.

Edited by Nabiki

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

...You know how you would need to post the "proof" here? Just do that, but in an email to support. Quick, easy, and it accomplishes your goal. If you are simply too lazy that's on you. 

So you aren't even interested in pretending to have a serious discussion, got it.

6 hours ago, Bambola said:

A rhetoric question poses, if one, hypothetically, could even publicly post their proof of someone cheating, would that actually solve anything

Historically, bad PR is one of the only ways to get an uncaring corporation to lift a finger to do the right thing. Course, some corporation's lack of fucks goes so deep that they just ignore bad PR (points at the likes of EA, Ubisoft, Blizzard, Epic, etc etc etc) and keep on truckin' with their cancerous behavior regardless. I'd like to believe that Little Orbit isn't in that camp, and that a bit of bitchslapping with the stick of reality might get them to put their asses in gear for the future health of one of their primary games.

Restrict Bronze and Silver server to a temporary Kill/Death Ratio.

If your KD is to high, you can not enter Bronze or Silver.

Gold is open for everyone and gives +100% bonus reward to reputiation and money in missions.

Its an very very easy hotfix and can help to protect beginners or not so good players from cheaters or high skilled players.

This takes about 1 hour in development to fix?

Make that filter for grouping too.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Whilst i agree with you somewhat i can easily give you proof of a player griefing, dethreating, cheating for 7 years straight, reported him, he is well known, i posted about him on the forums, i opened a ticket,  and i have spoken to the top. It has been looked at and yet he is still doing everything i mentioned. This is going on 5+ years at this stage. Days since last incident 1 day .

Nothing happened to Harvey Weinstein until people started speaking out, maybe APB needs a little of this now.

22 hours ago, Hexerin said:

So you aren't even interested in pretending to have a serious discussion, got it.

Historically, bad PR is one of the only ways to get an uncaring corporation to lift a finger to do the right thing. Course, some corporation's lack of fucks goes so deep that they just ignore bad PR (points at the likes of EA, Ubisoft, Blizzard, Epic, etc etc etc) and keep on truckin' with their cancerous behavior regardless. I'd like to believe that Little Orbit isn't in that camp, and that a bit of bitchslapping with the stick of reality might get them to put their asses in gear for the future health of one of their primary games.

Did you really expect cookie to have a srs discussion when they admitted they dont care about the game in the past?

APB has horrible pr via word of mouth, when newbies try the game and see how toxic this community is they spread negative word around and others dont try it. If only ppl played the right way. Now lets not forget all the negative wording in the forum to LO and about LO and they dont do anything. At this point the staff has gotten lazy and just doesnt care anymore while Matt has his own idea about the game that nobody likes or wants. The wakeup call will be when Matt realizes all this work on the engine upgrade was pointless cause they didnt do anything with the current version to make the playerbase happy.

10 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Did you really expect cookie to have a srs discussion when they admitted they dont care about the game in the past?

I thought we were being serious. 

Hex just cant accept being wrong. 

Also... i dunno who hurt you, but maybe it's time to take a break from APB. 

Edited by CookiePuss