Sakebee

Anti-Cheat Discussion

9 hours ago, Motorola said:

oh you must be enforcer only then? or playing apb drunk af/high etc?

maybe

Jokes aside, I've mostly been playing crim lately. I get owned sometimes, but I've  not felt like someone was cheating.

I'm not saying there are no cheaters, just that I personally haven't felt the need to report someone in months.

On 8/24/2020 at 7:41 PM, Motorola said:

Theres still a couple of players bypassing BE on NA and I also see low ranks going full blatant in FC but after a while I don't see them anymore.

With EAC I saw alot of players triggerbotting and with BE I see alot less.

Are there still players cheating? I believe so, but I feel like the pop dropped cause of there being less available cheats with BE... sad to say. Once BE took over I seen way less players and its a pretty drastic drop on NA atleast.

they basically banned me for no reason also reason why most stoped playing like my gf (afraid to be banned) nobody wants their 3K hours account banned like mine was so told all my friends to never open thee game or u can get banned for "suspiscios software on your pc" yh sorry that is ridiculous there are softwares that get triggerd by BE like a VPN or a automatic password typing software so thanks for perma banned on no reason Keep it up game is dead 😄 

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Scheepy said:

they basically banned me for no reason also reason why most stoped playing like my gf (afraid to be banned) nobody wants their 3K hours account banned like mine was so told all my friends to never open thee game or u can get banned for "suspiscios software on your pc" yh sorry that is ridiculous there are softwares that get triggerd by BE like a VPN or a automatic password typing software so thanks for perma banned on no reason Keep it up game is dead 😄 

You didnt get banned for a VPN, you didnt get banned for password software.

If you were banned, had your ban reviewed and stayed banned... you did whatever LO says you did.

Don't come on here and blatantly lie. It's lies like this that undermine confidence in not just the anti-cheat, but LO as well.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

atleast after easy got changed i stopped having the issue of certain people running to me after i started finding ways to kill them know they were cheating then crashing my game. now all i really see is people coming straight to me after i spawn and snapping right to me after i fire 1 round at them. whether or not i hit doesn't matter then kill me in a flat second. other then that i think BE is doing ok up till cheaters get smart, which hopefully wont be soon, but never under estimate stupid people in large groups  

Why not fix exploits first?

It makes no sense if player can legal cheating and no one cares.

45 minutes ago, Todesklinge said:

Why not fix exploits first?

It makes no sense if player can legal cheating and no one cares.

What exploits?

On 8/28/2020 at 8:43 PM, Kevkof said:

More or less doesn't mean that's what it says...

The transcript: https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/208-transcript-for-the-apb-qa-session-one/

Optimally they don't need to ban anyone, but that doesn't mean they don't ban.

Saying that you'd rather not ban players just means that you want to remove some of the reasons of why people start to cheat in the first place

spct in a nutshell: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=concern troll

• Like 1

I love to see many former cheater ,triggerbotter aimbotter AHK players have to play without cheats or even dont play the game anymore ,thats really nice to see.

Truth isnt getting nowhere,... its getting bigger 😄 Thanks LO for Battle Eye 😄 it feels really better and please go on  banning cheater.

On 8/28/2020 at 7:46 PM, Motorola said:

in the silver district right? i agree with darkwolf... same dudes who been cheating since forever are still there bypassing everything thats being used to try and stop them. its even more annoying with how low the pop is now

He plays in social or the test server :^)

Edited by Darkzero3802

On 8/29/2020 at 1:55 PM, Scheepy said:

"basically for no reason banned me"

What does that even mean?

I use TunnelBear (a VPN) and an auto password program, yet I still play perfectly fine and I have thousands of hours with multiple max ranks.

Too much bull going on so I've informed about a few things they can add to the detection list.

Happy sweats.

Edited by Cr0

On 9/5/2020 at 9:39 AM, Cr0 said:

Too much bull going on so I've informed about a few things they can add to the detection list.

Happy sweats.

Its been this way a long time, prob why Jericho pop is down 50% within the last month. People dont wana play with hackers and cheaters. No amount of engine upgrade is going to solve this problem and LO needs to focus on this otherwise all this money spent on said upgrade is pointless.

• Like 1

I still see the same cheaters in as usual nothing happens bet they have more than 1000+ reporters in their accounts but nothing is done.

I have experimented a bit with other characters and I notice that players who 100% cheat do not use it all the time. I play against the same hacking players with other characters and they only start the cheat if they are losing. if I play on my original character they cheat from the start but if I play on another character they play normally until it comes to the last stage or if I kill them 3 4 times in a row I will never understand the mentality of a cheater is alien to me. and i see no difference on BattleEye or FairFight because the people who cheat dont get banned anyway.the only ones I can see whine about anti cheating are the cheaters and they do not want to buy a new cheat or wait for their junk to be updated

EU SPCT no hacks skill gap

Edited by StraaZi

2 hours ago, StraaZi said:

I still see the same cheaters in as usual nothing happens t bet they have more than 1000+ reporters in their accounts but nothing is done.

I have experimented a bit with other characters and I notice that players who 100% cheat do not use it all the time. I play against the same player with other characters and they only start the cheat if they are losing. if I play on my original character they cheat from the start but if I play on another character they play normally until it comes to the last step or if I kill them 3 4 times in a row I will never understand the mentality of a cheater is alien to me. and i see no difference on BattleEye or FairFight because its the same people who cheat anyway.the only ones I can see whine about anti cheating are the cheaters and they do not want to buy a new cheat or wait for their junk to be updated

EU SPCT no hacks skill gap

What?

4 hours ago, Wenddwr said:

What?

TLDR, many ppl dont turn on their hacks till they are losing so they can compensate for being bad.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

TLDR, many ppl dont turn on their hacks till they are losing so they can compensate for being bad.

People put more effort into the mission when they want to win.

• Like 1

EU SPCT proves my point..

TLTC: to lazy to corupt?

I will start recording my matches and we will see whos full of ****

EU SPCT no hacks only skill gap

Edited by StraaZi

"While I want to say that those numbers are indeed impressive I also want to mention that APB has rarely ever had an issue with blatant cheating (Shaw copters) outside of a hand full of time periods such as when a certain cheat went public and for everyone to download. "

This statement is completely wrong. 

Several of the cheat types can  not (or are not) detected by any anti cheat and yet they happen in 9 out of every 10 Matches

Exploiters such as ghosts.  Just yesterday out of 20 matches I played 4 had grey player helping the enemy by blocking our objectives and ramming our vehicles.  No anti cheat will ever see this, only having actual GMs in game that a player can call and witness will see this.

Botters, Not just the triggerbots or the Bobfirebots or the fasthandswapfirebots or even the fastcasewepswapbots you will see 70% of the time, the worst are the graprunjumpfiregrabcarryitembots.  The fact that this was a problem back in RTW closed beta, that still not been fixed is wrong. I do know it was on the list to be fixed by RTW, but as the company was dying it was put on the back burner. This is an easy fix, but RTW did not do it because they had digger issues like the jumpfire with the hvrs that was being debated.

Exploiters will never be seen by a normal anti cheat program as the worst are the ones that group with other cheaters , usually clan mates, exploiting their cheaters' cheats. This has not changed in 11 years, the main excuse is that nit is hard to prove that they are actually grouped and not just being randomly partied. 

Hacks such as shaders and graphic card setting that allow walling.  This is the least of all the cheats but easy to spot, especially if the waller is the VIP.

Glitchers still exist, in 5 of the 20 matches yesterday 2 players managed to get the OBJ item on top of a roof that was closed off 5 years ago.  ! player was not successful as he was not hitting the right spot to get the item behind the wall. 2 others (2 different missions) destroyed the store front that needed to be disarmed / set off bomb thus glitching the mission making it impossible to complete.

All of these things require that a GM witness them to verify the cheat.

The real problem is that most of the players believe that only hacks are banned so they have no problem using any of the other cheat types.

added:

5 years ago one GM stated on the forums that from what they could tell, 90% of the population was cheating in some form. Because if the players did not /report the cheaters on their own team they were in fact exploiting.

Edited by Omega101
added

6 minutes ago, Omega101 said:

"While I want to say that those numbers are indeed impressive I also want to mention that APB has rarely ever had an issue with blatant cheating (Shaw copters) outside of a hand full of time periods such as when a certain cheat went public and for everyone to download. "

This statement is completely wrong.

I more or less agree with this.

7 minutes ago, Omega101 said:

Bobfirebots or the fasthandswapfirebots or even the fastcasewepswapbots you will see 70% of the time

I don't even know what any of those are, can you explain?

9 minutes ago, Omega101 said:

Hacks such as shaders and graphic card setting that allow walling.

That's not a thing. Period.

9 minutes ago, Omega101 said:

All of these things require that a GM witness them to verify the cheat.

Please use the in game report function. There are now several different categories for your reports. Everything you need is there.

10 minutes ago, Omega101 said:

5 years ago one GM stated on the forums that from what they could tell, 90% of the population was cheating in some form

This is a bold faced lie. That never happened and has never been the case. The only time G1 gave data was at the launch of Fairfight and even then, even when the only anti-cheat we had was PunkBuster, cheaters only made up a single digit percentage of overall players.

Please don't spread these lies and misinformation. It is because of players like you that other players think cheating is a much bigger problem than it actually is.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Omega101 said:

thats just a whole lot of yikes

• Like 1

People will cry about cheats and this game will maintain bad reputation as long as your lag compensation will carry laggers. New players won't tell the difference between a bullet sponge and an aimbot.

50 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I more or less agree with this.

I don't even know what any of those are, can you explain?

lets start with basics, back in RTWCB because of the limited text cap on reports we started running the words describing the cheat together, thus:

fastwephandswapfirebot = The player uses a macro (bot) to fire the weapon then swaps hands and fires the weapon the swaps back to other hand and fires (repeat sequence).

Bobfirebot = The player again using a macro fires a weapon then crouches (bob as in a fishing lure) and fires the weapon then stands and fires (repeat). there is an alternate bot that only when the player stands.

funjumpfiregrabitemcarry= The player's macro grabs the item runs then fires (interrupted dropping the item) the jumps and grabs the item (repeat) this is how the player can carry even a heavy item at a non weighted pace usually faster that players that are not botting can run.

Superthrowgernade= The player uses a macro to throw their grenade farther than an actual grenade launcher can.

Kangaroorun= This macro allows players to replace their running speed with a jumping speed 2x faster.  This is seen all the time, when  you see the players bounding down the road almost as fast as a car, they are using a bot not a hack.

Kangaroojumpfire= The player uses a macro to jump 2 times the normal jump height  and fires the weapon.  When carrying an item this allows the player to place the item on top of an area that would be too high to jump to without the bot.

there are more than 30 of these, so ,I will stop here. Read the tag and break it down into a sentence and you will under stand the meaning.

That's not a thing. Period.

Walling is very much a thing. It can be easy spotted when the  one walling is the VIP. keep in mind that as a VIP they are on screen all the time, you see their location. Now when you are behind one or more buildings and you move right and the VIP moves right so then you move left and the VIP moves left (you are in  cover of a wall(s). then as you come around a corner you are met with a grenade or fire you can tell the player is walling. 

Please use the in game report function. There are now several different categories for your reports. Everything you need is there.

I use it all the time, have for years.  It needs to have a tab added to the cheat tab. Add one of the 5 cheat types you are reporting as again 4 of the cheat types will never be flagged by any software.

This is a bold faced lie. That never happened and has never been the case. The only time G1 gave data was at the launch of Fairfight and even then, even when the only anti-cheat we had was PunkBuster, cheaters only made up a single digit percentage of overall players.

I do not have access  to the (old) forum posts, However in that post the GM also stated that "if a player was grouping with a cheater the were exploiting as they were gaining an advantage from the cheater

and would be banned for exploiting".  If you have the ability search for that sentence and you will find the GMs cheat estimation. 

Please don't spread these lies and misinformation. It is because of players like you that other players think cheating is a much bigger problem than it actually is.

I have not lied or misinformed on anything, perhaps you believe I have because you have not been around long enough to have seen the old GM posts on cheating. I have kept up with all of the posts on cheating since 2009.

Also in the same discussion the GM stated that "a bot was macro or anything that mimiced a macro" also should be searchable for if you have access to the old forum posts

Edited by Omega101
added the definition of macro.
  • Thanks 1