Sakebee

Anti-Cheat Discussion

54 minutes ago, HighSociety said:

Imagine new players taking the time to learn the game, mechanics, weapons and map.

Then again they are just crying and complaining cuz they want to get carried by every game.

You learn the game by playing against people on your skill level or someone more experienced teaching you. Contrary to popular belief, getting stomped by more skilled people won't teach you much of anything. This is also the reason my martial arts trainer didn't beat me to a pulp on day one. Does that mean we should hold each others hands? No.

Edited by VanilleKeks
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

EAC has banned less people because they couldn't launcher client-side cheats in the first place because of the check when you launch the game, so EAC encouraged players to play without cheats because they couldn't log into the game at all while BE lets them log into the game and get them "surprisingly" banned, correct me if am wrong.

Edited by ReaperTheButcher

17 hours ago, Sakebee said:

We have continued to hear concerns

Thank You for bringing this up, I had thought that BE was simply an anti DDS, it is good to know there is Something watching out for Us. 

APB has definitely been more pleasant experience after you switched back to BE. I would like to see similiar update after engine upgrade is out.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

Why not stop cheaters before they can play APB?

Remove the status of free to play and make it Buy to Play for 9,99$/€

Give the Game Package one account wide Gun of choose and some G1C and this is the best deal. +1x 50% discount for the next G1C purchase (limited to the account without a time restriction).

If a cheater gets banned, he can create a new account for free = cheaters can try to find not dedecting cheats by trial and error.

This makes no sense!

If a banned cheater need to pay 10$/€ each account, many of them can keep it back!

You can add the best anti cheat tool on the world, this can not stop the flooting free cheater accounts!

This didn't stop cheaters from cheating during RTW.

2 hours ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

EAC has banned less people because they couldn't launcher client-side cheats in the first place because of the check when you launch the game, so EAC encouraged players to play without cheats because they couldn't log into the game at all while BE lets them log into the game and get them "surprisingly" banned, correct me if am wrong.

Cheaters almost always test on alt accounts.

These accounts get banned , keeping most of them from cheating on their mains. A lot of these bans are the same players getting banned over and over again as they try to get past BE.

Nobody stopped cheating because of EAC (or any other other anti cheat), they just got caught less when compared to BE. (According to the data)

On top of all that just listen to what you are saying "EAC must be better because it banned less cheaters".

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

Why not stop cheaters before they can play APB?

Remove the status of free to play and make it Buy to Play for 9,99$/€

I doubt APB is a game people would check out if there is an entry fee. Even once the engine update gets released it will be that 10 year old game which got shut down 6 months after release, but surprisingly still has not died.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Cheaters almost always test on alt accounts.

These accounts get banned , keeping most of them from cheating on their mains. A lot of these bans are the same players getting banned over and over again as they try to get past BE.

Nobody stopped cheating because of EAC (or any other other anti cheat), they just got caught less when compared to BE. (According to the data)

On top of all that just listen to what you are saying "EAC must be better because it banned less cheaters".

I don't care how many bans BE do because those bans occoure ingame, the fact that EAC prevented logging into the game with cheat client encouraged those players to think twice and maybe log in without cheats, BE banning people who managed to go to fightclub/missions and ruin a few peoples experience dared to cheat but dont give them second chance to think twice like EAC did before logging in is bad enough and it encourages them to open new accounts to do more damage with our low population, after all LO is all about second chances and retaining population, most of the people who got unbanned from Fairfight list still play the game to your knowing.

Most of the community agrees on that BE is worse, like it or no it isn't in your power to change that opinion.

Mind me most of the current SPCT team is one-track minded and Delusional, seems to me like they dont play the game at all.

The biggest issue when it comes to hacking isnt blatents its the closet cheaters that do it and get away with it. There have been many that have closted for years and still get away with it. When BE was around there were less of them but now ive seen an increase in the number of closets. There are also still plenty of trigger bots around ive seen quite afew in Jericho FC, more then I used to. @Sakebee G1/LO has been using the same method of anti cheat for years with less then ideal results and instead of changing things to try something more effective the same thing is done, with the same results. Its part of the reason the pop is so low and new engine or not if this continues the pop wont come back.

Most people also dont bother using the in game report system as its effectiveness is non existent. You send in a report on someone and all it says is your report is submitted. Theres no indication someone is actually looking into your report and weeks and months later the person reported is still playing, which just deters use of the system. The system needs tweaking so this way people can actually know the report is worth doing. Something as simple as a message from staff in your mailbox stating your report is being looked into would make ppl feel like the system is functioning and they would use it more.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

I don't care how many bans BE do because those bans occoure ingame, the fact that EAC prevented logging into the game with cheat client encouraged those players to think twice and maybe log in without cheats, BE banning people who managed to go to fightclub/missions and ruin a few peoples experience dared to cheat but dont give them second chance to think twice like EAC did before logging in

i'm not a big fan of BE, but are you sure this is the case?

i haven't run into any issues this time around, but the last time we had BE it wouldn't even allow the game to launch if it detected something

39 minutes ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

the fact that EAC prevented logging into the game with cheat client

EAC banned for cheats so I dunno what you are on about.

You think EAC detects cheats and just kicks you til you disable them?

That some pretty wild logic.

The facts still remains, BE is catching and banning more cheaters than EAC leading to fewer cheaters, not more.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

Just now, Darkzero3802 said:

When BE was around there were less of them but now ive seen an increase in the number of closets.

we have BE right now, what are you talking about?

1 minute ago, Darkzero3802 said:

G1/LO has been using the same method of anti cheat for years

we've had 3 different client side file monitoring anticheats and 1 server side statistical analysis anticheat, what other kind of anticheat is even available at this point?

40 minutes ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

Mind me most of the current SPCT team is one-track minded and Delusional, seems to me like they dont play the game at all.

There's no need to get salty. Im not calling you an idiot am I?

I clock in at nearly 6,000 hours by the way, and Im not even top 5 for hours played when it comes to SPCT, so I can assure you we play the game.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 2

Dethreaters and players not playn serious in the missions are the biggest cancer in the game right now.I even report 2 guys last couple of days for not doing the objective on purpose and team killing me

50 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Dethreaters and players not playn serious in the missions are the biggest cancer in the game right now.I even report 2 guys last couple of days for not doing the objective on purpose and team killing me

They do things like that cuz of threat segregation...

Edited by HighSociety

34 minutes ago, HighSociety said:

They do things like that cuz of threat segregation...

I know but is in almost every mission..the cheater problem pales in comparison to this players ruining the entire game.If you play solo the game is nightmare

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 1

I hope someone takes note of this thread this time, as I can see a couple of extensively experienced players are bringing valuable opinions and knowledge. Regarding the "closet" cheating I think at this point it is a bit delusional to think that there's something to do about it. Even if they could they wont because it could cause more harm at this point than anything it could potentially help with.

Going into a bit more technical, the game itself already proved it could pull a lot of statistics and data from players activity, it could easily provide a picture of everything that is average, above average and top behaviors and a good analysis of such material contrasted against the anti-cheat collected data and a proper monitoring of suspected players would easily unveil what is what they do to get that advantage that could be naturally or artificially developed by a player. With exception of wallhacks which is almost the only thing they can use while playing "normally" without being detected.

As for other cheats I knew in the past, not for APB but for another third-person shooter back in 2003/2005, I remember that the radar hack allowed cheaters to spot invisible admins when they where spectating them. For aimbot, as you can see in many APB streams, they usually bind a random key they use to tap a little bit when they engage in a fight just to ensure they land enough shots to get a kill without snapping on every target on screen.

Also in that other game I was talking about we had a function as admins where we could invisibly stand in front of a player and toggle into enemy entity forcing them to snap at us  in order to detect their aimbot, that was a revolutionary measure that allowed us to detect a lot of closet cheaters that many of us would've never thought they were cheating.

Edited by Salvick

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

should be banned

Should be, but won't be.

7 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Should be, but won't be.

already have been

18 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

You learn the game by playing against people on your skill level or someone more experienced teaching you. Contrary to popular belief, getting stomped by more skilled people won't teach you much of anything.

U are right at some points but always playing against your skill level won't teach u the map or better working tactics... and if you don't have anyone more experienced to teach you than u won't improve if u don't try to fight better players. That's my experience and opinion.

Back to topic:

I don't think there are too much cheaters in APB now. It was waaaaaaaay more of a problem back in 2015-2016.

The biggest problem nowadys are crybabies hackusating everyone.

When i get my Carbine out they don't see me suckin hard at the first couple missions but when i get into the flow and reach nearly perfect clickrate (depending cj2 or cj3) it feels like every 5th enemy /w me "fuin macro" "turn it off" bla bla bla... 

Edited by HighSociety
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

There's no need to get salty. Im not calling you an idiot am I?

I clock in at nearly 6,000 hours by the way, and Im not even top 5 for hours played when it comes to SPCT, so I can assure you we play the game.

And how many of those are afk hours ? i myself have 7.223 hours of pure gameplay and i have the characters to prove it, i am the player that played the most FC with 11,718 blizzkreig 1 medals so i know a thing or two about weapons/everything fightclub related, and as we know the first stop for cheaters is Fightclub, when the first time we had BE we also had 3 very active repetitive cheaters which one of them even opened 900+ characters named F**mV(1-900) for example, now this time BE is around it seems to me they left the game for good because its population is low enough it isn't interesting to them anymore because one of them named TheEp*cG*at was literally dedicated to ruining APB, and who here remembers he actually managed to hack the system broadcast ingame and insult the former community manager Tiggs using it, and yeah i was online when i saw it.

These people are very powerful, they are just not around this time, i am sure if the Engine upgrade hits live they will be back stronger than ever.

5 hours ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

And how many of those are afk hours ?

Zero AFK hours, 11 characters and I'm like 233 on what will be my 5th max rank character.

which one of them even opened 900+ characters named

No, he didnt.

Also, he was just a cheater who always got caught and banned. Even with Fairfight he couldn't get away with cheating.

TheEp*cG*at

Only had a beef with Tiggs and co.

He hasn't touched APB since LO took over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For the F2P model, more client side detections does not necessarily equal less cheaters in the game, thus why they usually go down in rank instead of number.

An increased number of bans is to follow a changed anti cheat system, which gets lower as the cheat makers adapt, which seems to fit the description. Such a thing is hard to take into account when deciding which is more effective.