a Pair of Socks

The Current State of APB Population

there were a few "dirty tricks" that were actual exploits and have been fixed somewhat... like crashing a medium item hold into a wall with a firebomb and making it so that the enemy couldnt pick it up... thats a dirty trick. or using certain parts of the map to teleport to another location like walking into a wall and ending up across the map as a vip.... or hiding inside a wall... these are examples of "dirty tricks" and most of them have been fixed.

but i honestly cant understand what "dirty tricks" he is talking about. do you consider jumping medium items a "dirty trick"? 

1 hour ago, Motorola said:

there were a few "dirty tricks" that were actual exploits and have been fixed somewhat... like crashing a medium item hold into a wall with a firebomb and making it so that the enemy couldnt pick it up... thats a dirty trick. or using certain parts of the map to teleport to another location like walking into a wall and ending up across the map as a vip.... or hiding inside a wall... these are examples of "dirty tricks" and most of them have been fixed.

but i honestly cant understand what "dirty tricks" he is talking about. do you consider jumping medium items a "dirty trick"? 

I mean, its an exploit so yeah its a "dirty trick". Others would be spawn hunting, using explosives without any need to (no vehicle mission or not a camping location), and such. But they are more "cheap gameplay tactics".

19 hours ago, HighSociety said:

what dirty tricks do u talk about?

I only know game mechanics.

If u mean running with Items than i see more newbies than vets doin' this but fine it's just a game mechanic on purpose...

Or do u mean they use *insert any weapon* ?

Corner / cover-poppin' ? 

Nah thats also normal game mechanic... i don't know what u mean but why should someone not play APB as good as he can? 

Seems like u are one of those who want newbies to get carried... they will never improve if they don't stop crying and just play the freaking game.

Edit: I am stuck between silver and gold atm... so i'm not even very good 😉

I'd say running as well in certain missions, because running with a car surf osmaw as VIP/medium item hold while in a vegas pushed pio is pretty fucking dirty against new players.

I don't want newbies carried, however I expect them to not be abused by assholes who force them to quit and uninstall within 3 hours of playing.

You don't "need" to do certain tactics to win against new players, by any stretch of the imagination, and if you feel it's necessary then you're a scrub. APB's community needs to learn "just because you can, doesn't mean you should". But seeing as how it's been unregulated for years, its no wonder the population has died out.

---------------------

Though its funny to see you talk Moto, because back when your group would intentionally back off and allow the objective to be taken against newer players to farm them for kills getting 40+ kills a mission.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

1 hour ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I don't want newbies carried, however I expect them to not be abused by assholes who force them to quit and uninstall within 3 hours of playing.

I don't think anyone WANTS people to quit. At the same time people shouldn't have to adjust their playstyle just because its a new player. Hell its more of an insult to intentionally use garbage weapons and play stupid just so the newbies have "fun". Plus people won't learn if they're just going against people sandbagging. I'm sorry but if these new players don't want to stick around because of a couple of hours of not doing well at a game (not JUST apb) they just picked up then clearly competitive/pvp games aren't for them. Ya there are trashy tactics like running in missions with the items and I have to agree with High Society that more new/silver players do that than higher up gold players. Because of a variety of reasons (suspected of cheating generally). There is a bronze district for a reason not that it matters due to dethreaters being a rampant issue. No one is abusing said players by playing the game normally.

Edited by RespectThis
  • Like 1

you got tryhards grouping with tryhards steam rolling 1k> hr faux golds. this game wont bounce back up unless the faulty threat system is addressed and even then it's still a long shot. new players allow this game to remain but they don't stay long because of the above.

rustlers-gonna-rustle.jpg

Edited by Robertino
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RespectThis said:

I don't think anyone WANTS people to quit. At the same time people shouldn't have to adjust their playstyle just because its a new player. Hell its more of an insult to intentionally use garbage weapons and play stupid just so the newbies have "fun". Plus people won't learn if they're just going against people sandbagging. I'm sorry but if these new players don't want to stick around because of a couple of hours of not doing well at a game (not JUST apb) they just picked up then clearly competitive/pvp games aren't for them. Ya there are trashy tactics like running in missions with the items and I have to agree with High Society that more new/silver players do that than higher up gold players. Because of a variety of reasons (suspected of cheating generally). There is a bronze district for a reason not that it matters due to dethreaters being a rampant issue. No one is abusing said players by playing the game normally.

I think you severely underestimate the difference between most "pvp" games and APB. MOST PVP games separate people based on similar skill level, APB does not. Most PVP games have hundreds to thousands in a server to pick from, APB does not. Pretending that it's insulting that you "play a match or two casually" when facing new players, is pathetic.

Acting like it's garbage to not go 30+ kills against new players IS trash. People don't learn how to play when you're doing that, especially when half the enemy team is doing it and coordinating for it. No-one is saying "don't play at all against new players", they're saying, take it easy and don't pub stomp them into oblivion. Pretending that people learn when being unable to do anything, let alone flank is ignorant.

Not only that but i've seen plenty of people suggest and actually do FARMING on new players for kills, by inflating the length of the mission by letting them get the objective then continually massacring them. But that's just "normal playstle" for them against newbies.

We can keep having these discussions but last I checked it's always been the Gold threat players who have consistently been causing problems for the majority of the playerbase and causing players to leave, and I'll lump dethreaters in with them because many are actually gold threat that dethreat intentionally for ez kills.

17 minutes ago, TGYuurei said:

TL;DR Game is dead.

And the playerbase shot itself in the foot to kill it

Edited by Noob_Guardian

who's already left/is leaving this game? sadly, it's the people that continued to invest money and efforts into helping support the game. they have had enough of the insanity that is this toxic, vile and unwelcoming online mmo.

and with no changes to the social controls on this game, no engine upgrade is going to save it.

you guys are smart. run the costs/return numbers. this can't go on and on, launch a new engine (taking the game to 2015 level tech) and still hemorrhage money. in the end, no one wants to play a game that doesn't feel fun/fair.

with it's current course of daily operations and management, it's just a matter of time before a final curtain call "we regret to inform you..." post announcing this games closure.

my question is and has always been... will LO take the actual steps needed to fix this? so far, it's hard to see an outcome providing salvation of this game.

1 hour ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I think you severely underestimate the difference between most "pvp" games and APB. MOST PVP games separate people based on similar skill level, APB does not. Most PVP games have hundreds to thousands in a server to pick from, APB does not. Pretending that it's insulting that you "play a match or two casually" when facing new players, is pathetic.

Acting like it's garbage to not go 30+ kills against new players IS trash. People don't learn how to play when you're doing that, especially when half the enemy team is doing it and coordinating for it. No-one is saying "don't play at all against new players", they're saying, take it easy and don't pub stomp them into oblivion. Pretending that people learn when being unable to do anything, let alone flank is ignorant.

Not only that but i've seen plenty of people suggest and actually do FARMING on new players for kills, by inflating the length of the mission by letting them get the objective then continually massacring them. But that's just "normal playstle" for them against newbies.

We can keep having these discussions but last I checked it's always been the Gold threat players who have consistently been causing problems for the majority of the playerbase and causing players to leave, and I'll lump dethreaters in with them because many are actually gold threat that dethreat intentionally for ez kills.

So if i q up for a call of duty deathmatch im not going to get against prestige 10 jimmy? APB does separate players to a degree. Hence the district threat. We've played rainbow six before. You think people I want people who are plat and diamond to be nice to me because im gold? No. Why would i want someone to sandbag and still beat me? Atleast if they're playing normally at their level I can actually learn peaks, runouts, trap placements, and other tips and tricks.

You seem to think golds are the problem but let me enlighten you a bit on that. There is a difference between Golds and "Golds". The "golds" that are ruining the game are either dethreating into bronze districts to pick on players who are worse then them so they feel better about themselves. "Golds" that are cheaters. "Golds" who think everyone in apb is cheating if they can't win against them. An actual Gold is someone who isn't doing any of the listed above. They play the game, play in silver/gold districts whichever one is populated, not dethreat because they're baby raging, and don't cheat.

I'm an actual Gold and there is no way I'm any sort of issue towards APB's population. You wanna point fingers at people? Start pointing at all those max ranked honey dipped silvers dipping in and out of bronze districts. You'll find your APB killer there.

Edited by RespectThis

2 hours ago, RespectThis said:

I'm an actual Gold and there is no way I'm any sort of issue towards APB's population. You wanna point fingers at people? Start pointing at all those max ranked honey dipped silvers dipping in and out of bronze districts. You'll find your APB killer there.

That sounds like u are allowed to play in silver districts as a gold but silvers aren't allowed to play in bronce cuz they kill the game??? 

If u really think like that u should enjoy empty gold districts! 

My opinion still... remove threat segregation at all.

Dethreaters / ppl going gold in bronce and staying the whole day are killing the game yes.

cuz there are maybe no golds on the other side to match... matchmaking would do better withouth segregation.

Edited by HighSociety

4 minutes ago, HighSociety said:

That sounds like u are allowed to play in silver districts as a gold but silvers aren't allowed to play in bronce cuz they kill the game??? 

If u really think like that u should enjoy empty gold districts! 

There is a huge difference between golds playing in silver district and people who are low gold intentionally dethreating to go to bronze districts where ACTUAL new players are playing.

2 minutes ago, RespectThis said:

There is a huge difference between golds playing in silver district and people who are low gold intentionally dethreating to go to bronze districts where ACTUAL new players are playing.

But most of them are NOT gold by any means... 

real problem is... the difference between gold 1 and gold 10 is like the difference between bronze and silver 10...

A rework is needed...

Like everyone uo to bronze 8 should be green and so on

41 minutes ago, HighSociety said:

But most of them are NOT gold by any means... 

real problem is... the difference between gold 1 and gold 10 is like the difference between bronze and silver 10...

A rework is needed...

Like everyone uo to bronze 8 should be green and so on

There are plenty of actual gold players. Just not as many as there use to be because a majority of them have stopped playing for various reasons. There is very much a difference between an actual gold 1 and a gold 10 (just not visual-able via threat icon outside of a base color). Hence why i stated "honey dipped silvers" because they aren't actually gold. There is an actual difference between bronze and silver 10 compared to gold 1 and 10. But like i said obviously not noticeable by threat color/icon.

Edit: The threat system should be harsher than it is for sure why they ever "nerfed" it was a stupid move by RP. Which is why you see a lot more of these honey dipped silvers and not actual gold players. I'm also not calling you out in particular if you're under the impression that I am since I know you stated in another post that you are back and forth between gold and silver. So don't take what I'm saying personally.

Edited by RespectThis
  • Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 1:15 PM, wHisHi said:

Right now way more players seem suspicious to me

Most of the times hackers are outplayable.

Though sometimes it does get pretty silly.

For instance, I was playing last week and I met the only person I'm 100% certain I've seen hacking. Had walls on and some sort of speedhack that looked like twitchy teleporting. That man just came up to the wall where I was hiding, started wiggling and shooting the floor like "hey man, let's have a chat".

It was pretty funny ngl.

Yeah, we need content. Or ads for the game. 

Edited by _chain
formatting

Concerned about the population of APB? Then you're just looking at it wrong, as the APB experts together with the masterminds behind RIOT can inform you. You're just wrong. See, 240 is an okay number for 5 am since at daytime it goes up to insane numbers.

Edited by Cr0

Game use to be completely unplayable at one point and have top 80-50 players and was still online for years.

The game, ignoring it's basic issues, could be playable today if the community would be more normal and new players wouldn't be raped by tryhards and in some cases obvious cheaters, on all servers, be it gold, silver, bronze or green. And not teamkilled by others during or off missions just because they are new to the game... Seen it plenty of cases where team starts killing each other instead of helping out new players till one of them gets kicked off the game or lose the mission anyways. This isn't playing this is wasting your pathetic life on nothing and wasting others too.

• Like 2

On 8/29/2020 at 1:22 AM, gordIsMyName said:

and with no changes to the social controls on this game, no engine upgrade is going to save it.

they arent really taking any action on trying to mitigate the sources of toxicity other than banning extremely racist players... when they can do a few things that can help lower the amount of situations that trigger toxic behavior.

imagine if they made it so that when you are in a mission.... players who are not in a mission cannot interact with you? wow all those silvers that spend the whole day crashing their cars into people and using dump trucks to blow people's cars up and create road blocks wouldnt be there anymore ruining your missions.

imagine if they removed the [WHISPER] button on the scoreboard and replaced it with [REPORT] wow maybe there wouldnt be people telling others to kill themselves everytime they get upset by getting beat and instead maybe they would just report suspicious players and go about their business.

imagine if there were actual paid GMs that would go into the district and actually ban cheaters on the spot... and not only ban them... hold their body above the gas station as a hitable target and allow people to kill them over and over before they get banned. (this actually used to happen when jotunblut and revomag were gms... they would take kellyQ and let us kill him over and over before banning him)

imagine they just removed the backup option and didnt allow imbalanced teams? this is prob one of the most toxic problems in the game... i get a 2 vs 2... i have a silver on my team and the op knows ill still whup their patootie and guess what? they call backup to make the mission impossible for me to win... and when I call backup i get a brand new player with no mods vs 3 gold max ranks... if they removed the backup option then this infuriating situation wont ever happen again... and people will have less of a reason to be toxic.

why is there an ignore list? why can anyone just /whisper me? whats the point of a friends list? how about making it so that you have to be on my friends list to whisper me? i really dont wanna sit there everyday during the mission seeing hate msgs being spammed in whispers when they can just make it how it is in every other game now... need to be on friendslist to communicate.

Edited by Motorola
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/27/2020 at 9:05 AM, Catgorl said:

So long as there's enough players to keep missions and FC running, APB won't be truly dead. Try playing something like ArcheBlade and then come back to me about dead games.

URuhQbZ.png

On 8/24/2020 at 2:36 AM, ReaperTheButcher said:

Dear Motorola, most of the community is delusional as Little orbit listen to newbies instead of people who are actually good, every wrong step they take is checking out a few players from the population each time, soon we will be left with 30 players, i play a dead game (NFS: World) on a private server that has more people than APB just for the nostalgia, we truly are in a Dark era of APB, we are at an all time low and it will go down the hatch from now on, i must say the hype and the hope the community had from Little Orbit just vanished, i say it here and now R.I.P. APB: Reloaded.

Yup. 

On 8/25/2020 at 2:11 PM, DedGaem said:

Engine upgrade was much desired, but it was never the be-all-end-all of the game.  What the game needed most of all, was what made Innova such a high population success in comparison... actual GM in-game spectators and support who could by mere presence alone cut down on toxic, abusive or harassment or cheating behavior... because they had the tools and know-how to kick to the curb those people.  Since G1, and now LO this game has always had GM figureheads, in name only, utterly clueless, talking rated "G" shop with players in district with toxic, abusive chat blazing around them, players ghosting out of mission to block objectives helping their friends... in FRONT of GMs. APB never had a professional quality staff... with the one exception of Tiggs... and the reason she is so universally reviled by this community is precisely because she DID kick to the curb the cheaters and abusive toxics...

After LO came in, listening to the abusive toxics and their fan clubs... the undid every advance Tiggs brought to the game (with the exception of FF becoming a manual ban and therefore anyone could get banned)... but the advances Tiggs brought to the game was an attempt to make a more even playing field, if only G1 had helped by rerolling their stupid ruinous Threat Segregation patch...

But now... after so much unnecessary attrition for so long... because bronzes were placed as a special target in districts that bullies could dethreat into, unrestricted, permanently, to WTFPawn and exterminate the new and casual playerbase... NOW you cry that it's a dead game... and you killed it... and you cheered all the bad decisions that allowed it to be killed... and nothing.... not even an engine upgrade can bring it back... because a GAME in order to have any sort of competitiveness or appeal has to have a level and fair playing field.  Original RTW did this within the code, to give actual bronze players more numbers in compensation versus a stellar high gold.  Consequently, threats didn't have to be segregated.  

The ONLY thing that would save this game now... is something which LO probably can't do because the source code no longer exists... but... Restart original RTW APB, like G1 did... and invest in the 2 things most needed to keep the game fair... the great success that Innova had... 1. In-game GMS who can spectate for cheaters, and 2. a good working anticheat.

The shame of it all is that LO got on board attracting BACK the cheaters... once they actually put in place a working anticheat, years after the illicit players exterminated the legits... when the cheaters and macroers get kicked... there's no one left to play. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This but Im too lazy to type this over and over to a community that doesnt give a fuck and devs that suck off the shitlords of the community.  Imagine reworking APB in the eyes of the toxic kool kid klub squad and this is what you get lmao.    Really had hope once LO took over but by the beginning of the second month they took over I could already see what was happening and thats why I stopped playing and now here we are, from all my other threads leading up to this one and the eventual closing of the game :^)

14 hours ago, Timobelk said:

Game use to be completely unplayable at one point and have top 80-50 players and was still online for years.

The game, ignoring it's basic issues, could be playable today if the community would be more normal and new players wouldn't be raped by tryhards and in some cases obvious cheaters, on all servers, be it gold, silver, bronze or green. And not teamkilled by others during or off missions just because they are new to the game... Seen it plenty of cases where team starts killing each other instead of helping out new players till one of them gets kicked off the game or lose the mission anyways. This isn't playing this is wasting your pathetic life on nothing and wasting others too.

^^^

11 hours ago, Motorola said:

they arent really taking any action on trying to mitigate the sources of toxicity other than banning extremely racist players...

Thats a straight fucking lie, I promise lmao

On 8/29/2020 at 1:34 PM, _chain said:

Most of the times hackers are outplayable.

Though sometimes it does get pretty silly.

Nah its probably just some shitlord playing on the slimmest possible strtch res with an ultra low config using PMG.  Oh wait, thats literally everyone thats left thats not in bronze, even then its just dethreaters there to shit on what few legit bronzes are still around lmao.

Kinda sad when I check APB Reloaded on Twitch and 7 / 10 streamers are using their shitty stretchres config setup with PMG.  Its every single fucking time without fail, its honestly hilarious

On 8/29/2020 at 10:23 PM, Cr0 said:

Concerned about the population of APB? Then you're just looking at it wrong, as the APB experts together with the masterminds behind RIOT can inform you. You're just wrong. See, 240 is an okay number for 5 am since at daytime it goes up to insane numbers.

shitpost is shitpost

On 8/29/2020 at 12:22 AM, gordIsMyName said:

who's already left/is leaving this game? sadly, it's the people that continued to invest money and efforts into helping support the game. they have had enough of the insanity that is this toxic, vile and unwelcoming online mmo.

you guys are smart. run the costs/return numbers. this can't go on and on, launch a new engine (taking the game to 2015 level tech) and still hemorrhage money. in the end, no one wants to play a game that doesn't feel fun/fair.

with it's current course of daily operations and management, it's just a matter of time before a final curtain call "we regret to inform you..." post announcing this games closure.

my question is and has always been... will LO take the actual steps needed to fix this? so far, it's hard to see an outcome providing salvation of this game.

Its so funny how patootie backwards this community is, upvote the brain rot posts and downvote the shit that matters / the truth 

On 8/28/2020 at 11:23 PM, TGYuurei said:

TL;DR Game is dead.

^ Yup, but dont tell the APB Community, youll be lynched. :^)

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Katryoshka said:

streamers are using their ***** stretchres config setup with PMG

quality content for ppl to enjoooooooy. i play just fine on 16:9 1080p @ max.

Edited by _chain

14 hours ago, Katryoshka said:

Its so funny how patootie backwards this community is, upvote the brain rot posts and downvote the shit that matters / the truth 

I just lurk the forums sometimes and watch in silence how this game dies a slow death that no engine can save. I can tell you its like only 5 sane people left at this point, everyone left the game, thats why the rest downvote you, only braindeads are left in here.

So here have my upvote! so you know that at least you are not alone here. It was a good ride, but the game now has to die. I just hope one day someone will take the customization system idea from it at the very least.

• Like 4

On 8/28/2020 at 8:54 PM, Noob_Guardian said:

Though its funny to see you talk Moto, because back when your group would intentionally back off and allow the objective to be taken against newer players to farm them for kills getting 40+ kills a mission.

anyone who lets themselves get farmed for 40 kills is just braindead man theres nothing you can possibly do to save them.

you cant blame anyone for that. those players should be in a lower skill/threat district as they are SEVERELY outmatched. and i tell those same players "please record this and post it on the forums" so that the devs can see how imbalanced the matchmaking is.

Ive been very active on my utube channel and stream too. I actually wanted to come back for a little bit and stream this game. tbh finding someone to stream with was gonna be a challenge but lookin at the pop Im worried there might not be enough pop for a mission district like Fin. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, killerskull said:

Ive been very active on my utube channel and stream too. I actually wanted to come back for a little bit and stream this game. tbh finding someone to stream with was gonna be a challenge but lookin at the pop Im worried there might not be enough pop for a mission district like Fin. 

do you main NA or EU? 

On 9/1/2020 at 2:26 AM, Katryoshka said:

Not my fault LO let the shittiest part of the community run the game and then drive it into the fucking ground. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you know what i kinda agree with what you said here. BUT we can instead try to be constructive with the criticisms we make and get our voice heard. because if we keep bitching day in and day out, they will keep listening to the part you mentioned. idk man.

13 hours ago, killerskull said:

My #DAW on which I also stream games broke after 9 years (mainboard #elco #capacitor failure)

It also took down the PSU. So until I can build a new machine with a beefy GPU and 8 drives I cant play again