a Pair of Socks

The Current State of APB Population

"haha game dead" give me updoots pls

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

Right now is the perfect time if anyone wants to say that APB is dead. Its like 5am in EU so no one is on and NA is just kinda dead at all times. Even if you want to go by steam charts, you gotta look at peak times, preferrably on weekends.

• Thanks 1

Why do you care? You don't play anymore.

will.io is a better show of pop anyway.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Pop is depressingly low lately, but despite that keep in mind steamcharts is always missing between 15%-25% of the actual playerbase, due to them not running though steam or having their game activity private.

• Like 2

i try to get scrimms going every other day, bc of this (and east servers are rubbish). sad times

• Like 1

NA will be like Han server 😛

I've been in a dead server so ik what it feels like.  No one wants to play, no content and pretty much done everything that the game offers.

they need to do something crazy to get those population up, because the new engine is not going to cut it. 

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Deadliest said:

NA will be like Han server 😛

I've been in a dead server so ik what it feels like.  No one wants to play, no content and pretty much done everything that the game offers.

they need to do something crazy to get those population up, because the new engine is not going to cut it. 

I don't know if its so much content as it is in-terms of how the devs have handled the game. Mainly balancing and changes/implementations to things. I personally am not sitting waiting for the new map or w.e. Thats just me. The game is highly replayable and thats what keeps people hooked. But clearly a lot of players dislike and questioned things they (RP and LO) have done and walked away from the game.

Tbh I think the engine update is their last shot at ever coming close to fully reviving apb. Even then though, the issues I mentioned above will still linger. I think they need to look back at things in 2013 see what was enjoyable then and work from there. 

Edited by RespectThis
  • Like 1

Putting my internet issues aside, the game is just really unrewarding to me right now. If I stack with anyone I go up against the same 24/7 gamers with a combined weapon pool of 4 (Obeya, JG, OBIR and PMG). Do that 15 times in a row and oh well time to get to bed for work. Even putting the increasing closetting issue aside, I can either play what is essentially the same mission 15 times in a row or I can play solo to get some variety atleast. Still, I then have to play solo which is even more unappealing.

I'd rather keep watching streams for now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

they rather cater to bronze district players than people who are actually good at the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think lost EAC deffinetly did some kind of impact. Right now way more players seem suspicious to me (or maybe I am n00b, let me know). 

3 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

Putting my internet issues aside, the game is just really unrewarding to me right now. If I stack with anyone I go up against the same 24/7 gamers with a combined weapon pool of 4 (Obeya, JG, OBIR and PMG). Do that 15 times in a row and oh well time to get to bed for work. Even putting the increasing closetting issue aside, I can either play what is essentially the same mission 15 times in a row or I can play solo to get some variety atleast. Still, I then have to play solo which is even more unappealing.

True, it can really be more interesting than actually playing by myself.

2 hours ago, Motorola said:

they rather cater to bronze district players than people who are actually good at the game.

You know nothing about marketing don't you?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DouglasFalcon said:

Don't care

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DouglasFalcon said:

Yes. APB is dead because of lack of marketing. Okay.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Motorola said:

they rather cater to bronze district players

How So?

Let me add in that Bronze Dist Players feel the opposite toward the OP Gods of the Silver Dist. With their license plate names.

Thats one thing has always been with this game, U vets Expect noobies and intermediates to posses some super human skill, and when they dont you blame the player. Not the Hit Regs, Not the hackers of many, not the continuous nerfing of weapons and aiming physics.

To answer the Thread. 

1. Due to the low pop, I cannot complete joker jobs, such as kill 5 with a sub, cause they aint 5 people to kill in the server

I generally come in and check if the torch job is up, if its not, I go play warthunder which has Waaay more hackers than we do, but even if they whoop me, i still get some progress. 

2. We already had very little faith in EAC to start with, but without any I automatically assume the player is a hacker if i dont know them, or havent seen that name, or its not a name its a jumble of letter math, meaning they have been banned so many times and had to remake an account, that they have ran out of names in their head to use. And we know there is not a darn thing we can do about it. And there has been nothing from LO on future efforts to employ a different anticheat.

3. Their paywall wont accept my cc, since like March, So I cannot even Buy joker tickets or anything else. My card works fine everywhere else, plenty money, and no i wont join paypall. This is Their problem not mine, they don't want my money, piss on em.

Without a decent community, you remove allot of what attracts players here. I mean i can't even get Trolled cuz even the trolls have left. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Katryoshka said:

DX74u8A.png 

+1 if I had time to. 

Getting work done has to come first especially since we are expecting the Kraken and Godzilla since its 2020 ....

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Yes. APB is dead because of lack of marketing. Okay.

Not what I said, sorry sweetie

4 hours ago, DouglasFalcon said:

marketing to bronze/casual players is different from balancing actual gameplay around bronze/casual players

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Flaws said:

Right now is the perfect time if anyone wants to say that APB is dead. Its like 5am in EU so no one is on and NA is just kinda dead at all times. Even if you want to go by steam charts, you gotta look at peak times, preferrably on weekends.

bRUH nO itS NoT DEAD JUSt PlAy At CeRTAin TImeS.

Im on NA regardless and half the time its a single silver waterfront that not even full :^)

20 hours ago, Acornie said:

keep in mind steamcharts is always missing between 15%-25% of the actual playerbase, due to them not running though steam or having their game activity private.

yeh ok xd.   not like i get ingame and check pop but mainly to literally spend money on the FBW Sight Zero and then log off and go play something thats actually fun~ qRMuk7M.png

17 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

^^^ 

Couldnt have said it better myself.   Well, I could have but this community doesn't give a shit either way, let alone the devs.    I was at work today and was thinking about the changes that LO is making and it just kinda seems like the changes they implement are just rage quickfixes after that particular dev gets pubstomped by the weapons / tactics lmao

Edited by a Pair of Socks
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Katryoshka said:

bRUH nO itS NoT DEAD JUSt PlAy At CeRTAin TImeS.

Im on NA regardless and half the time its a single silver waterfront that not even full :^)

I'd help if they were enforcing bans for de-threating can't tell you how many high rank golds and silvers are in bronze at any given time

17 minutes ago, Katryoshka said:

yeh ok xd.   not like i get ingame and check pop

https://will.io/apb/ which has the actual live stats every 30 mins; vs https://steamcharts.com/app/113400

Today at peak for PC [both NA and EU @14:00 CT]

Steamcharts: 539

Actual (will.io): 682
21% of the actual population not counted.

Thurs at peak [both NA and EU @14:00 CT]

Steamcharts: 504
Actual (will.io): 673 
25.1% of the actual population not counted

4 minutes ago, Acornie said:

https://will.io/apb/ which has the actual live stats every 30 mins; vs https://steamcharts.com/app/113400

Today at peak for PC [both NA and EU @14:00 CT]

Steamcharts: 539

Actual (will.io): 682
21% of the actual population not counted.

Thurs at peak [both NA and EU @14:00 CT]

Steamcharts: 504
Actual (will.io): 673 
25.1% of the actual population not counted

Congrats, 240 was actually 300. My bad gamer. Put the calculator away and clean your glasses

Edited by a Pair of Socks
Still doesnt change the fact that the was a half full silver WF, a barely full bronze, and a barren social district on NA. Your numbers are meaningless when EU has 80% of the pop <3

You nerds are arguing semantics here. APB is dead. Now shut the **** up about it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Katryoshka said:

If it didn't sound like you didn't believe my footnote on using steamcharts to show numbers, I wouldn't have put the actual numbers to show; and seems kinda weird you feeling like you have to comment 'not changing the fact' when I started off my first comment with "pop is depressingly low lately" 

But, no, numbers aren't meaningless or you could just make up any number to try to argue you point- oh wait you just did : ) EU has consistently been 2/3rds of the pop, (66.6% but actually more like 60%-65%), not 4/5ths (80%)

You probably think I'm trying to argue that NA isn't dead or the pop isn't depressingly low (I already stated I thought so) I just think using hyperbole for arguments when the numbers are one click away, is counterproductive.