SomeYakuza

Themes longer than 5 seconds.

Hi i was wondering how people are able to make themes that last longer than 5 seconds? its absolutely amazing and i wouldn't have to scrap many of my themes that i finish because of it not being recognizable or having to alter the tempo to make up for the lack of time.

19 minutes ago, SomeYakuza said:

Hi i was wondering how people are able to make themes that last longer than 5 seconds? its absolutely amazing and i wouldn't have to scrap many of my themes that i finish because of it not being recognizable or having to alter the tempo to make up for the lack of time.

It's an exploit that we don't talk about because we dont want LO to patch it. Apb's best kept secret.

Dunno why you all need more than 5 seconds honestly. Whole point of this theme is just to play some leitmotif and let killed player respawn, if you want anything longer there are songs.

Also bug known to the veteran community for a long time.

1 minute ago, Mitne said:

Dunno why you all need more than 5 seconds honestly. Whole point of this theme is just to play some leitmotif and let killed player respawn, if you want anything longer there are songs.

Also bug known to the veteran community for a long time.

a whiskey in the jar rift theme from mettalica would probably take 7 to 10 seconds

I have this forbidden knowledge. What am I gonna do with it? Nothing good of course.

i suck at themes

5 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

i suck at themes

Relatable. 

I like themes in general so I wouldn't mind them hearing the longer version on like MVP or something, that be a neat "feature". Now that death themes are mutable for those who hate them.

Useless because peoples will just hear the first 5 seconds of it, you are the only one who can hear it all.

Just patch this exploit out alredy LO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlishaHutt said:

Useless because peoples will just hear the first 5 seconds of it, you are the only one who can hear it all.

they should actually buff the time since people love this and are having to use an exploit to do it.

some people are amazing with the theme creator they should throw them a bone instead of limiting them even more.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, AlishaHutt said:

you are the only one who can hear it all.

thats perfect then, since I buy themes for myself and not everyone else

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 404 said:

I buy themes for myself and not everyone else

This guy gets it.

Edited by Hexerin

12 hours ago, AlishaHutt said:

Can still hear the full thing when you inspect someone.

On 8/19/2020 at 12:09 AM, SomeYakuza said:

there are tutorial vids for it on YT afaik, bug is cringe cus it created a boring theme producing meta where the first 5 seconds sound like garbage or boring asf because it's meant to lead up into a big long theme that u can only hear if u inspect someone

hope it gets patched or just added in as a feature.

9 hours ago, 404 said:

thats perfect then, since I buy themes for myself and not everyone else

have you considered buying songs?

9 hours ago, Mitne said:

have you considered buying songs?

most songs dont get the same attention as themes and songs dont play when i get mvp

As a theme collector, I absolutely love these longer works or art. More lengthier themes really display the sheer brilliance and creativity of these great theme makers.

You can hear the full themes play when you win any match as MVP, whether it is Fight Club or Action Districts.

Edited by ArtDeco
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, 404 said:

most songs dont get the same attention as themes and songs dont play when i get mvp

Songs are better.

My greatest and crowning achievement in this game (lmao) is basically stealing a song off the marketplace for 5k that contained the entire Nyan Cat theme.

I don't get it how LO didn't figured out how to patch this, it's a REALLY simple exploit, i was like "it's that all?" when i understood how it works.

On 8/21/2020 at 12:31 AM, ArtDeco said:

As a theme collector, I absolutely love these longer works or art. More lengthier themes really display the sheer brilliance and creativity of these great theme makers.

Superagreed... Need a increase to 10 or 7 seconds at least.

And more tracks available....

EDIT: add a kill camera cam or whatever, please LO 🥺

Edited by PingOVER9000

On 8/26/2020 at 12:18 AM, Caio Sparkz said:

I don't get it how LO didn't figured out how to patch this, it's a REALLY simple exploit, i was like "it's that all?" when i understood how it works.

They probably just don’t want to. It would cut a part of already small community who likes making themes in the game or collecting it. That exploit is known by 90% of vets who doesn’t have a small pistachio instead of a brain(sorry 255r silvers). Even kemp accidentally showed the exploit on his stream once

On 8/25/2020 at 4:18 PM, Caio Sparkz said:

My guess is it went like this:

Should we fix this?
Why?
(silence)

• Like 1

Google is your friend buddy.

It'd be cool if it was made a feature in some way or another.

It fills so many typical APB checkmarks:

Exploit? - Check

Kinda secret? - Check

People ask "can I get banned for this?" - Check

Not allowed on paper since it's technically an exploit, but there's no way you'll really get in trouble for it? - Check

How about make songs count as themes. Let players select a 5 second section as their theme. Give others a choice to hear the section, whole thing, or muted.

I don't see the use for long themes atm. No one else can hear it, and there's a longer option call songs. You can play them from your vehicle anytime and others will hear it.

51 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

I don't see the use for long themes atm. No one else can hear it, and there's a longer option call songs. You can play them from your vehicle anytime and others will hear it.

why would you buy a theme for other people?

and songs dont play when you get mvp, altho i do like your suggestion to allow song snippets as themes