Sakebee

Mission Impossible Bugfix Patch Announcement

17 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

I'm a little confused about this.  Does this mean that Boomboxes don't disappear after their duration or do they?

Great patch though!

The boomboxes will still disappear, but the increased duration means you can drop boomboxes continuously for 100% uptime. With the previous duration, you would have to wait for the cooldown before dropping another.

death themes off is bad, it kill a whole dimension of the game creation and customization. I know some themes were annoying but /ignore was the answer

thats a nail in the coffin for me

what I like about the game is the endless customizations not limitations

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, p90pubstar said:

death themes off is bad, it kill a whole dimension of the game creation and customization. I know some themes were annoying but /ignore was the answer

They haven't removed themes and you will still hear them unless you choose to turn them off.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

The boomboxes will still disappear, but the increased duration means you can drop boomboxes continuously for 100% uptime. With the previous duration, you would have to wait for the cooldown before dropping another.

Awesome, thanks for the clarification!

4 minutes ago, p90pubstar said:

jesus christ... you put a little too much value into themes. even the best ones don't come close to the quality of real music, just because of how limited everything is.
hearing the same instruments for almost 10 years now is kinda annoying, especially because the majority of themes are bad.

also, you're aware that people that are fed up with killthemes were already muting them by renaming / removing the instrument folder?

using the /ignore function because you dislike JUST the theme of a person is bad, since you don't wanna mute a person completely... I would still want to see what people say in chat, especially when they're trying to trade stuff in social.

• Like 1

people complaining that themes are ruined becuase of a mute button, but no one bats an eye when half the population plays on clay graphics and doesnt see any character customization at all

strange

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, Sakebee said:

Added an option in the settings menu which will allow for globally disabling death themes

Thank you! 😀

21 hours ago, Frosi said:

No, this addresses the recent increase in garbage collection stutters. They went from about 60~80ms to 140~175ms which is a very noticable increase and basically means the minutely stutters are twice as bad. This however should be fixed with this patch.

aight chief thanks for the clear up.

21 hours ago, Senodus said:

Horrible idea imo. Basically makes the themes feature existing in the game pointless. Why would we need this if you can already /ignore people with grief themes 🤷‍♂️

people already rip out the death theme folder so they dont have to hear a screeching noise from people  having a troublesome theme

I am not sure if ignore blocks themes or not  but the community has asked for themes to be  blockable for as long as i can remember

"In addition to these bugfixes, we are squeezing in a QoL change which allows players to toggle off death themes if they prefer. This will give players more control over griefing scenarios where /ignore is not enough."

Ignore isn't enough? Well.. ignore was also used to mute death themes and i will keep using it instead of the horrible global option, which doesn't make Any, ANY, sense.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, p90pubstar said:

sometimes i face a team of silvers and i am also playing terrible then i have to hear silver level themes to make me feel even worrse for even dying to them. this is an amazing feature.... 

On 8/18/2020 at 6:05 AM, Sakebee said:

Hello everyone,

A new patch is going up onto the Live servers for PC. This patch will be happening on Wednesday 8/19/2020. The Patch is scheduled to start at 9 AM UTC and will last up to 4 hours. Console will have its normal maintenance starting at 9 AM UTC as well.

OVERVIEW

As we discussed last week, this patch is focused primarily on addressing bugs from the Mission Impossible patch. We corrected a few things that slipped through the first time around. In addition to these bugfixes, we are squeezing in a QoL change which allows players to toggle off death themes if they prefer. This will give players more control over griefing scenarios where /ignore is not enough. Finally, we snuck in a few small improvements to mission timers as well as made it so the Boombox can have 100% uptime for all our players who want to rock out all the time.

PC CHANGES/FIXES

• Fixed a bug which caused the client to have larger than normal garbage collection times. This is the issue that is currently being seen on live as periodic hitching.
  • Added in a duration for mods that were previously missing.
  • Fixed a bug related to Med Spray not working as intended. Regeneration should now start correctly when activated.
  • Fixed a bug that made it so Resupply Box would not allow changing of loadouts.
  • Added an option in the settings menu which will allow for globally disabling death themes.
  • Increased the duration of Boombox from 45s -> 60s
  • Made various changes to mission timers.

This post is cross-referenced in Game Updates for your convenience.

🐝 Sakebee

A cracker of a bugfix, Fixing age old nuisances good on ya.

Med spray + kev 3 here i come.

13 hours ago, Snubnose said:

jesus christ... you put a little too much value into themes. even the best ones don't come close to the quality of real music, just because of how limited everything is.
hearing the same instruments for almost 10 years now is kinda annoying, especially because the majority of themes are bad.

also, you're aware that people that are fed up with killthemes were already muting them by renaming / removing the instrument folder?

using the /ignore function because you dislike JUST the theme of a person is bad, since you don't wanna mute a person completely... I would still want to see what people say in chat, especially when they're trying to trade stuff in social.

Themes are straight up pay to win though.

If you have a good theme you want it to be heard and therefore play better. Having a good theme directly correlates to playing better.

• Thanks 1

No difference in the garbage collection stutters. VIP missions seem to use the wrong kill count. It defaults to the lower kill count, even if the mission started with 3v3 or more players.

Glad the death themes can be disabled. No more needing to modify the files to get rid of them.

7 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

No difference in the garbage collection stutters.

Do me a favor, find where your APB is installed and navigate to \APBGame\Logs. Find the log that had these excessive GC stutters (It'll be called "Current" if it was your last session) and search for: " ms for realtime GC ", this line will appear about every minute in the log file and contains stats about how severe these GC stutters are so for example after playing yesterday my GC stutters were between 70 and 90 MS, prior to this patch they would be between 160 and 180 MS.

2 hours ago, Frosi said:

Do me a favor, find where your APB is installed and navigate to \APBGame\Logs. Find the log that had these excessive GC stutters (It'll be called "Current" if it was your last session) and search for: " ms for realtime GC ", this line will appear about every minute in the log file and contains stats about how severe these GC stutters are so for example after playing yesterday my GC stutters were between 70 and 90 MS, prior to this patch they would be between 160 and 180 MS.

It's about 160ms in the current log and the logs from last patch. Maybe 5ms faster on average, but not enough to notice in game.

Edited by SquirrelFace

1 hour ago, SquirrelFace said:

It's about 160ms in the current log and the logs from last patch. Maybe 5ms faster on average, but not enough to notice in game.

Can you please zip your Log folder and send those logs to me so we can take a look?

1 hour ago, Sakebee said:

Can you please zip your Log folder and send those logs to me so we can take a look?

Hello, why 2vs2 VIP mission still exist?

22 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

Hello, why 2vs2 VIP mission still exist?

Because the mission started with more players, there (currently) is no auto termination of the mission should players abandon the match.

VIP missions CAN'T be started with only 2 players on the attacking team.

• Thanks 1

On 8/17/2020 at 2:05 PM, Sakebee said:

Added an option in the settings menu which will allow for globally disabling death themes.

Not good enough.

On 8/17/2020 at 11:05 PM, Sakebee said:

• Added an option in the settings menu which will allow for globally disabling death themes.

You should add option to mute music player, you can still hear music played by other players in vehicles, better yet if you added option into game launcher that skips all the MP3's. Could it be possible to implement support for 3rd party music services such as Spotify?

Medspray is fun, I just got stunned by 2 concussion grenades thrown 1.3 seconds apart.

I like new med spray alot, I can finally survive volcano

Do you continuously heal after using med spray, even if you take damage? I've had a few players take multiple mags to kill after they used med spray.