Sakebee

Mission Impossible Bugfix Patch Announcement

Hello everyone,

A new patch is going up onto the Live servers for PC. This patch will be happening on Wednesday 8/19/2020. The Patch is scheduled to start at 9 AM UTC and will last up to 4 hours. Console will have its normal maintenance starting at 9 AM UTC as well.

OVERVIEW

As we discussed last week, this patch is focused primarily on addressing bugs from the Mission Impossible patch. We corrected a few things that slipped through the first time around. In addition to these bugfixes, we are squeezing in a QoL change which allows players to toggle off death themes if they prefer. This will give players more control over griefing scenarios where /ignore is not enough. Finally, we snuck in a few small improvements to mission timers as well as made it so the Boombox can have 100% uptime for all our players who want to rock out all the time.

PC CHANGES/FIXES

• Fixed a bug which caused the client to have larger than normal garbage collection times. This is the issue that is currently being seen on live as periodic hitching.
  • Added in a duration for mods that were previously missing.
  • Fixed a bug related to Med Spray not working as intended. Regeneration should now start correctly when activated.
  • Fixed a bug that made it so Resupply Box would not allow changing of loadouts.
  • Added an option in the settings menu which will allow for globally disabling death themes.
  • Increased the duration of Boombox from 45s -> 60s
  • Made various changes to mission timers.

This post is cross-referenced in Game Updates for your convenience.

🐝 Sakebee

• Like 22
  • Thanks 6

26 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

• Added an option in the settings menu which will allow for globally disabling death themes.

Now that's a long time coming. Good addition.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Flaws said:

Now that's a long time coming. Good addition.

just turn your ears off 4Head

35 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

Added an option in the settings menu which will allow for globally disabling death themes.

Horrible idea imo. Basically makes the themes feature existing in the game pointless. Why would we need this if you can already /ignore people with grief themes 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

Fixed a bug which caused the client to have larger than normal garbage collection times. This is the issue that is currently being seen on live as periodic hitching.

Thank you for addressing this in the patch, very cool LO

53 minutes ago, Sakebee said:
  • Fixed a bug which caused the client to have larger than normal garbage collection times. This is the issue that is currently being seen on live as periodic hitching.

could this be the solution to the stutters we've been having for years?

4 minutes ago, PoshDoll said:

could this be the solution to the stutters we've been having for years?

No, this addresses the recent increase in garbage collection stutters. They went from about 60~80ms to 140~175ms which is a very noticable increase and basically means the minutely stutters are twice as bad. This however should be fixed with this patch.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sakebee said:

I am very pleased with this.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Senodus said:

Horrible idea imo. Basically makes the themes feature existing in the game pointless. Why would we need this if you can already /ignore people with grief themes 🤷‍♂️

This.
I will never make any themes again with this patch or buy on the marketplace.

• Like 1

Just now, Shui said:

This.

That'll show us, the only people who wouldn't have heard your themes anyways.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

That'll show us, the only people who wouldn't have heard your themes anyways.

yea this QoL change pretty much is an easy solution for deleting / renaming instruments... same outcome, but managable while ingame.

• Like 3

Nice!

Generally I don't like the idea of disabling themes (/ignore does the job), but since it's easily doable manually, might as well add the option.

To be honest though, I'm far more annoyed by other players' radio blasting from their cars with insane range and volume.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sakebee said:

Two very awesome improvements a long time coming that i'm pleasantly surprised to see just tossed in with a bugfix patch, good on you LO.

11 minutes ago, Shui said:
33 minutes ago, Senodus said:

This.

I don't want to have an ignore list full of people who have harmful themes, with no other reason to have those people on ignore. I prefer to reserve my ignore list for harassers, (mic) spammers, and people who are so upset they dont stop whispering vile things... yaknow, its primary purpose. In the mission districts this would just serve as a way to switch playing themes on/off if you happen to have opp with harmful or just plainly, terrible themes.. and in fight club this would allow people like me who just want to run around jammin to some music, to do so without LeBoyce talking about tasty burger or something.

It's a QoL change so people aren't forced to listen to terribly off-tone remakes, mindless instrument clicks, or similar ear pollution. It shouldn't demotivate you from making themes altogether, that's really reactionary. People still willingly listen to themes, and now they just have the option to choose when to do so via the in game options; so if you want people to keep listening, you'd better have something worth listening to.

Now we just need a similar toggle for the car broadcasted music...

• Like 1

Can you add another option in future to auto disable/block whispers from opposed players.To ignore players in every mission right now is anoyn

Edited by TheMessiah

4 hours ago, Sakebee said:

Added an option in the settings menu which will allow for globally disabling death themes.

BLESS THEIR HEARTS SOMETHING THE COMMUNITY WAS WAITING FOR!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sakebee said:

PC CHANGES/FIXES

• Fixed a bug that made it so Resupply Box would not allow changing of loadouts.

This post is cross-referenced in Game Updates for your convenience.

🐝 Sakebee

TYTYTY you aceually saw my post im guessing 🙂

Edited by ShaiShai

2 hours ago, Sakebee said:

-made it so the Boombox can have 100% uptime for all our players who want to rock out all the time.

-Increased the duration of Boombox from 45s -> 60s

I'm a little confused about this.  Does this mean that Boomboxes don't disappear after their duration or do they?

Great patch though!

7 hours ago, Shui said:

This. I will never make any themes again with this patch or buy on the marketplace.

Nobody cares, take your impotent and childish tantrum elsewhere.

90% of themes are complete garbage, 9% are earrape, and the last 1% of actually good themes don't salvage the feature. Good riddance.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 3

Omg finally death themes can be disabled!! Most of them are garbage and earrape anyway.

And ignore list can be cleaned again yay!

Looking forward to not needing to delete the instruments folder every time APB updates.

Thank you to make the Kill-Themes useless!

Thats the wrong way.

If the Kill-Themes are bad, then make a simple limitation for it.

Add nice kill themes to the Joker Store only and remove all other.

So theme creator can make nice kill themes and every kill theme is checkend from dev team before they can added to the Joker Store.

Eveyone win, everyone... now no one win 😞

• Like 2

Where is fix for 2vs2 VIP mission bug?