zyde

A questions that we all ask and we need an answer.

Okay, we can use advanced launchers. But what about configs in apb? For a simple example: Flaws config

Can we use this type of configs too? We do not intend to cheat the game but just improve the poor engine quality by removing stuff that increase the fps drops (such as smoke, background musics, muzzle flash and explosives)

I think that hundreds of people ask this, and if it was already answered then I am sorry I cannot be bothered to search around the forums 😇

Have a good day!

Edited by liav

I cannot be bothered to search the forums either. But then again, I'm not asking the question and I don't need an answer.

2D7UCB9.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Flaws" config is just a zip file with multiple items in it.

No, you can not use such things.

You can use the actual "config" that is the .ini file.

The rest is against the TOS.

All AL does is read files and make changes to it. Those files would be the .ini files.

If AL can do it, you can do.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tobii said:

"Flaws" config is just a zip file with multiple items in it.

No, you can not use such things.

You can use the actual "config" that is the .ini file.

The rest is against the TOS.

All AL does is read files and make changes to it. Those files would be the .ini files.

If AL can do it, you can do.

What does AL mean?

Also, If it's illegal then can someone help me with a Adv Launcher and its settings?

Edited by liav

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Advanved Launcher

Alrighty , thanks.

Seeing as you prob have his config downloaded, just use the graphics one.

77XgnoD.png

That's the actual config file.. Same thing as AL.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Tobii said:

Seeing as you prob have his config downloaded, just use the graphics one.

77XgnoD.png

That's the actual config file.. Same thing as AL.

So that means I cannot use anything else, not mouse fix not muzzle flash?

Mouse fix is a placebo and doesn't do anything.

Muzzle flash is a file mod, so no, you cannot use that.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Tobii said:

Mouse fix is a placebo and doesn't do anything.

Muzzle flash is a file mod, so no, you cannot use that.

Thank you very much for the help, now I will use just the mouse fix and graphics. 

40 minutes ago, liav said:

Thank you very much for the help, now I will use just the mouse fix and graphics. 

You can use Always Sprint, Hold Crouch and you could too change colors in the kills feed, that isn't bannable (since years).

IF LO will change it i don't know but actually you could edit that stuff.

1 minute ago, AlishaAzureOfficial said:

You can use Always Sprint, Hold Crouch and you could too change colors in the kills feed, that isn't bannable (since years).

IF LO will change it i don't know but actually you could edit that stuff.

That's is incorrect. Seeing as LO said only AL is allowed, what you just mentioned isn't.

I am aware that neither of them actually do anything, since they are just configs and translations, but they're still not "allowed".

We're still at the same approach of just not allowing ANYTHING, rather than some.

Advanced launcher is allowed. That's it.

Will you get banned for using the other things? Most likely not. 🙂

9 minutes ago, Tobii said:

That's is incorrect. Seeing as LO said only AL is allowed, what you just mentioned isn't.

I am aware that neither of them actually do anything, since they are just configs and translations, but they're still not "allowed".

We're still at the same approach of just not allowing ANYTHING, rather than some.

Advanced launcher is allowed. That's it.

Will you get banned for using the other things? Most likely not. 🙂

Well, Always Sprint and Hold Crouch are just configs for you to have more options in the game instead of have your finger broken pressd on Sprint and for Hold Crouch well.. exact vice versa reason.

About different color for kills feed are just as i said > colors, instead of be Green and Red they could be White, Orange, Purple or Blue and few more if im not wrong.

I was incorrect in my previous comment, sorry, they didn't got stated as "allowed" by nobody but i think isn't something that could give an "advantage" to players.

"Will you get banned for using the other things? Most likely not." < well, about that atleast if something isn't allowed i'd like to see the game to display somethign like > "Examplefile.APB /.bin is corrupted or modified, isn't allowed, clsoe the game and restore the original file."

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, AlishaAzureOfficial said:

Well, Always Sprint and Hold Crouch are just configs for you to have more options in the game instead of have your finger broken pressd on Sprint and for Hold Crouch well.. exact vice versa reason.

About different color for kills feed are just as i said > colors, instead of be Green and Red they could be White, Orange, Purple or Blue and few more if im not wrong.

I was incorrect in my previous comment, sorry, they didn't got stated as "allowed" by nobody but i think isn't something that could give an "advantage" to players.

"Will you get banned for using the other things? Most likely not." < well, about that atleast if something isn't allowed i'd like to see the game to display somethign like > "Examplefile.APB /.bin is corrupted or modified, isn't allowed, clsoe the game and restore the original file."

I am aware.

I was the guy who made and released the original mission name/killfeed change. 😉

I am just saying that if you were to go by what they said, you are only allowed to change one or two files. That's it.

Using the "advantage" argument won't work either.

Their stance is fine imo. Either you allow it all, or you allow nothing.

For now we just have to wait for 3.5, that will get rid of shaders and most likely other stuff too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tobii said:

I am aware.

I was the guy who made and released the original mission name/killfeed change. 😉

I am just saying that if you were to go by what they said, you are only allowed to change one or two files. That's it.

Using the "advantage" argument won't work either.

Their stance is fine imo. Either you allow it all, or you allow nothing.

For now we just have to wait for 3.5, that will get rid of shaders and most likely other stuff too.

Yeah

6 hours ago, liav said:

Can we use this type of configs too? We do not intend to cheat the game but just improve the poor engine quality by removing stuff that increase the fps drops (such as smoke, background musics, muzzle flash and explosives)

I am confident LO will be happy for people to remove these things to gain an unfair advantage. I see absolutely no problems with these things.

5 minutes ago, itsmeJosh said:

I am confident LO will be happy for people to remove these things to gain an unfair advantage. I see absolutely no problems with these things.

Music would be more to get rid of the pleasant fellow themes then anything else, least for me it would be. but i am too lazy for that and i like some ppls themes....

12 minutes ago, itsmeJosh said:

I didn't understand what you said, are you saying that it's okay according to LO or what?

5 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Music would be more to get rid of the pleasant fellow themes then anything else, least for me it would be. but i am too lazy for that and i like some ppls themes....

Also here, the flaws configs doesn't remove people's themes, it just removes background noises such as water, and music in asylum etc etc.

36 minutes ago, liav said:

I didn't understand what you said, are you saying that it's okay according to LO or what?

I am being sarcastic.. Please don't edit the files.. Just wait for LO to sort it, probably after the update.

If your fps is that bad, then just use advanced launcher, low res.

Or just upgrade you pc 🙂