Victoria38

Weird FPS cap at 20 after playing for an hour or so(fixed)

i tried reinstalling my drivers and ran repair, still did not work.

Also the only fix so far i found for this is to just re start the game, but the issue remains, anyone got simular issue? if so how did you manage to solve it, Thanks 

edit : this is for nividia but if you can do it on another gpu then it will work for you too,  bascily what i did is i went into nividia profile inspector and i went to apb Bage in there, and i set FPS limit to 100, so now i no longer have that issue, it seems my gpu was tripping, but thats only in APB , so if any one has some issue in the game, just set fps limit to 100 or whatever your refresh screen is, good luck 

Edited by Victoria38
Fixed

what's your monitor refresh rate?

were you playing with smooth frame rate enabled?

GPU or CPU overheating? That was my csse

Check system temperatures with HWInfo or HWMonitor.

Also, check GPU core and memory clocks to make sure they're running at their highest speed while in game. APB uses less GPU power than other games. Often, GPUs will down clock and lower your fps when not at 100% load. For me, driver version 451.67 locks my GPU memory to it's slowest speed. I had to revert to an older version to get it to run at max speed. I also had to modify the registry to get the core to stop down clocking.

7 hours ago, Victoria38 said:

i tried reinstalling my drivers and ran repair, still did not work.

Also the only fix so far i found for this is to just re start the game, but the issue remains, anyone got simular issue? if so how did you manage to solve it, Thanks 

It's been a while since I played, but I remember it being an issue with the asset cache folder which is supposed to get purged on restart. The folder holds onto things like player customizations and stuff like that. Once it gets to a certain size I remember getting some pretty bad performance drops. Most people got around it be putting the folder outside of their primary drive via symbolic link.  I'm sure the original thread it came from is still on the forums somewhere. I would imagine once the engine gets updated that shouldn't be necessary anymore.

This used to happen all the time to me, but once i upgraded to an Alienware the lag you are describing stopped and also my ping lowered by a bit. You should consider upgrading to an Alienware

Probably not a solution to your problem but the APB Advanced Launcher makes the game run a whole lot better.

Of course, the game will look like a soviet union city block but... at least the game runs on my shitty laptop.

46 minutes ago, ColorBauss said:

Probably not a solution to your problem but the APB Advanced Launcher makes the game run a whole lot better.

Of course, the game will look like a soviet union city block but... at least the game runs on my shitty laptop.

i allready use it 

10 hours ago, wHisHi said:

GPU or CPU overheating? That was my csse

i think its the GPU, cause it did it to me yesterday alot but after i reinstalled my driver i did not see it till later, so i posted this

12 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

what's your monitor refresh rate?

were you playing with smooth frame rate enabled?

No,  75 

9 hours ago, Victoria38 said:

i allready use it 

i think its the GPU, cause it did it to me yesterday alot but after i reinstalled my driver i did not see it till later, so i posted this

No,  75 

i had this after alt tabbing out and in after some hours of gameplay, fixed it by downgrading my GPU driver back to the non-optional version.

my gpu is a RX5600XT

Edited by spher3

1 hour ago, spher3 said:

i had this after alt tabbing out and in after some hours of gameplay, fixed it by downgrading my GPU driver back to the non-optional version.

my gpu is a RX5600XT

mine is gtx 1070, but the thing i used to alt tab lots of times before but this never happened, now without me ever alt tabbing it happens, 

Update, 

i fixed it, for anyone having similar issue in the future, go to geforce experience and turn off experimental features and the ingame overlay, that solved my problem 

Thanks for all the help.

Edit : nope its back rofl

Edit number 2 : I fixed it, look up at the very first page i will write it there

Edited by Victoria38
Fixed

Hello,

As this issue has been resolved, I have locked and moved this topic to the PC Resolved Bugs section of our forums.

Thank you.

- Azukii