ReaperTheButcher

What will you do now ?

Little-Orbit™, what will you do now when we will hit this new all time low population, when there will not be any active silver financial/waterfront districts to play at even peak population times.
This is the effect of some actions, it might be the change from EAC to the horribly failed Battle-Eye, it might be the frustration of the people who couldn't log-into the ''Engine Upgrade'' stress test server.

This game is closer then ever to dying, not even the ''Engine Upgrade'' will ''save'' it, the simple facts that the game is decaying as it is getting older, the only thing that keeps this game from stepping with its second leg into its already digged grave is its uniqueness in customization.

Litte-Orbit™ has to swipe an ACE card from their sleeves to keep this close to our hearts game alive, whatever it might be its up to their respectable decision.

Edited by ReaperTheButcher
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Let what you love go, if it comes back it was meant to be.

• Like 2

i have an old idea, but could works.

• Make the game fun and original as it always was.

And add coffee and pub playable more.

kcofeeB.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

They are not a fukin Removed Insults ~@mayii.

They came here to invest, and revive this game. With a plan. EU was OUR idea. We got a chance to decide. And its going just fine. AND we are getting some pretty damn good life improvement changes while they are working on EU.

I rather worry they listen to the noobs suggestions about weapons balance, and nerfing weapons to the ground insted of buffing shitty ones which is far more important.

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

~~dribble~~

Is there a purpose to this thread or are you just venting?

• Like 2

Another day, another thread from an entitled player. The "simple facts" are that regardless of how much the player pop is decaying, APB's core community is very strong and until population reaches zero this game won't be truly dead. All we can do is stand back and watch what LO is doing for the game, and hope for the best.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

Little-Orbit™, what will you do now when we will hit this new all time low population, when there will not be any active silver financial/waterfront districts to play at even peak population times.
This is the effect of some actions, it might be the change from EAC to the horribly failed Battle-Eye, it might be the frustration of the people who couldn't log-into the ''Engine Upgrade'' stress test server.

This game is closer then ever to dying, not even the ''Engine Upgrade'' will ''save'' it, the simple facts that the game is decaying as it is getting older, the only thing that keeps this game from stepping with its second leg into its already digged grave is its uniqueness in customization.

Litte-Orbit™ has to swipe an ACE card from their sleeves to keep this close to our hearts game alive, whatever it might be its up to their respectable decision.

Kw3ZrEU.gif

Real talk though, are you ok?

11 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Kw3ZrEU.gif

Real talk though, are you ok?

Just a little b*tthurt to see this game go like this.

1 hour ago, Catgorl said:

Another day, another thread from an entitled player. The "simple facts" are that regardless of how much the player pop is decaying, APB's core community is very strong and until population reaches zero this game won't be truly dead. All we can do is stand back and watch what LO is doing for the game, and hope for the best.

You know, if there will be only 20 of those ''core'' community left, this game will not be profitable at all and might even be a burden, after all this is all business.

• Like 1

Most of the community is still delusional. 

At this point I kind of just want them to push the EU so that all the non-delusional people can go "I told you so." as the game is finally shut down.

But another part of me would rather see this game just shut down with what dignity it has left rather than continuing to ruin it just for the sake of a petty banter.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

it might be the frustration of the people who couldn't log-into the ''Engine Upgrade'' stress test server.

You know there's been a second beta test already right? I don't recall hearing of even a handful of people who had issues getting into the second one.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Acornie said:

You know there's been a second beta test already right? I don't recall hearing of even a handful of people who had issues getting into the second one.

I know... the first one though was enough to break the straw for some people, just look at the current peak population.

2 minutes ago, quixxius said:

But we already did hit all time lowest like a week ago 😄  https://steamcharts.com/app/113400

Yes look at the drastic fall June 2020 1311 at peak, Last 30 days 874... it will only go downhill, notice the population drop since the change in the anticheat.

• Like 2

Well if they released the new contacts it would have lured old players to stay but that is schedueld with the EU.

An event in action district with Mistery boxes or a tier rewords rewards depending a on the number of mission played / won would get players interested too ( i think it was named gold rush).

Edited by Ilyas
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Most of the community is still delusional. 

At this point I kind of just want them to push the EU so that all the non-delusional people can go "I told you so." as the game is finally shut down.

But another part of me would rather see this game just shut down with what dignity it has left rather than continuing to ruin it just for the sake of a petty banter.

Most of the community is indeed delusional, if they've played before when the game was glorious only to witness its fall in population they would've think otherwise, the game wasn't always this low in population, they think the current population is high because they dont know no other.

1 hour ago, Ilyas said:

Well if they released the new contacts it would have lured old players to stay but that is schedueld with the EU.

An event in action district with Mistery boxes or a tier rewords rewards depending a on the number of mission played / won would get players interested too ( i think it was named gold rush).

Exactly, as the old G1 added Birth/Tiptoe/Gumbell as new contacts before the engine upgrade, they can add the new contacts right now its all ready to be released and dont tell us this old story of: ''The current engine is not capable to be added any new content eg. contacts" its all bullsh*t honestly.
Edit: Gold rush was how much missions you won in a week will get you a sum of G1 or something like that.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, DeadPixels said:

Does this not count as a complaining thread?

Couple days ago you wondered if anybody noticed - https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/14817-did-someone-notice/

This thread is not complaining, this one is from worrying about the current state of the game, as you can see we are at all time low whether LO does anything bombastic about it, sort of an open question to LO about what are their plans to save the game, right now with the current population this game feels more like an dead game running on a private server, i didn't complain myself about anything Little Orbit did, i just suggest what might've caused the all time low population avg.player count and peak.

I think the decline of player numbers may be something of a correction here - at the start of this year APB was more or less following the trajectory it has been for years now, which is a gradual decline of player numbers:

jKOfoN4.png

As you can see, roughly around the time the pandemic starts APB gets a fairly large boost in player numbers, which begins to wear off by June. As more people leave their houses and return to work, I think it's understandable that APB should see a more drastic drop in numbers, as the trend corrects itself to where it was before. The same effect can be observed in early 2018, when Little Orbit purchased the game:

oKmJYZt.png

As you can see, there's a large bump when players return to the game to see what this new company is all about, followed by a sharp decline back to the standard numbers once it's clear that the game is still very much the same.

Now obviously Little Orbit does have an effect on player numbers, and their decisions do make a difference, but they can only do so much with the game's dwindling population. They're clearly focusing on the EU, which is the game's best chance to inject itself with some much needed hype to draw players back and try and (realistically) delay the game's inevitable end.

LO had to do something with the threat and overall with the matchmaking the past 2 years and not waiting for the engine upgrade and the left behind unfinished phasing by G1.I think this is the biggest mistake LO did so far(one of the few but significant)O dou they was diving in unknown waters taking this game in 1st place so yea its kinda understandable

Edited by TheMessiah

In my personal opinion, their biggest mistake was using the Gamerfirst name and not changing it to Little Orbit, Gamerfirst name=bad association for most people who still play this game and remember the Old G1, if Gamerfirst was changed to Little Orbit it would've kinda revive the Trademark and people would've really felt someone else is in charge now.

2 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

LO had to do something with the threat and overall with the matchmaking the past 2 years and not waiting for the engine upgrade and the left behind unfinished phasing by G1.I think this is the biggest mistake LO did so far(one of the few but significant)O dou they was diving in unknown waters taking this game in 1st place so yea its kinda understandable

I agree yes the matchmaking revamp should've been their first priority and then Engine upgrade, after all without players in the near future matchmaking revamp wont even be possible, they should've done it right after they purchased the game because of the spike in players would've enable them to better balance the matchmaking, now there is no community left to work with.

• Like 1

I'm sure everybody knows by now how low the population is, making a thread about it won't solve anything. All we can do is wait and hope that things progress in the near future. Also there was a jump in players when the countries were in lockdown. Of course eventually the left again. 

I agree they should have done something by now, but LO biggest mistake was that they didn't expect the engine upgrade would take them so long to finish. This is why we are still waiting and nothing has changed

On 8/16/2020 at 5:39 AM, ReaperTheButcher said:

answer: world servers

citadels pop wont drop below 100 players for a very long time, and until it does, don't waste your breath talking about APB & its potential population problems, because as long as there's 10 or 20 whales still around to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on dumb shit every week, there's a playerbase to develop for.

11 minutes ago, Shui said:

This @SPCT

Bro, that's why I'm there.

2 minutes ago, claude said:

Because as long as there's 10 or 20 whales still around to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on dumb shit every week, there's a playerbase to develop for.

There are exactly zero players spending that amount.

How much do you think ARMAS has to sell?

8 hours ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

Exactly, as the old G1 added Birth/Tiptoe/Gumbell as new contacts before the engine upgrade, they can add the new contacts right now its all ready to be released and dont tell us this old story of: ''The current engine is not capable to be added any new content eg. contacts" its all bullsh*t honestly.
Edit: Gold rush was how much missions you won in a week will get you a sum of G1 or something like that.

theres no point bringing players back to level contacts in the shitty current apb, theyll just finish the new "content" in a week and then quit again because the game still sucks

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

There are exactly zero players spending that amount.

How much do you think ARMAS has to sell?

idk how much they would have to sell to make the game worth maintaining and updating, but id find it hard to believe if they arent making more than $4k/week minimum off of armas.