valdentin

The Silver Waterfront EU Is Empty

On 8/16/2020 at 1:36 PM, greenfield said:

- they should either remove the threat segregation (some newbs might be hurt, but they are hurt anyway due dethreaters)

Is everybody here having some kind of major amnesia?

We had no server threat segregation, everybody immediately were for bringing it back.

On 8/16/2020 at 1:36 PM, greenfield said:

- allow progression regardless of district. (this will mean less and less people will play waterfront, but who needs 2 maps (moreover further divided by threats) with this low pop?

Better.

But I'm still for consolidation of districts.

Edit:

Random dislike at 29.08.2020. Kek.

Edited by Mitne

3 minutes ago, Mitne said:

We had no server threat segregation, everybody immediately were for bringing it back.

When did we have this? U mean when there was only NA Server when they changed Hardware and nobody from EU wanted to play with high ping, nobody from NA wanted to play against high ping Europeans?

Who is everybody? 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Are you planning to quit after reaching r255?

(I hate playing without progression myself, btw)

This is actually an interesting question I'd like to see more answers on. 

I played up to r195 and then I quit. If the r195 stuff was set up earlier I would have quit wayy sooner. I think most people will agree. 

(edit: true, you don't just get all that stuff once you reach 195 but by that time you probably already made anywhere from 1 to 2mil from only playing the game, so you can just buy it) 

There's not much else to get after that. Cars with slots? Meh. Buy all of them and only use the 4x4 or the pio. And now that I think about it, what a waste of cash haha

Edited by _chain

2 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

Can anyone name any other games where the community is killing the game?

World of Tanks. I don't like the game too much but from my ovservations population is way more toxic than that of APB. The devs even removed ability to chat with the enemy team due to toxicity. You can optionally even block all communications from your team aswell as disable PM and annonymise your nickname.

The devs keep making changes to low tier battles so somebody with thousands of hours and heap of coin has less chance to roflstomp newbies (very popular to do in that game btw, the call it "seal clubbing").

On topic I do think it's time to at least temporarily remove threat locked districts so people still playing the game have a chance to get matches. People who played in 2010-2012 managed to survive without this. This reminds me of Han situation (anybody still remember that district lol)

Edited by Weaboos

3 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

Can anyone name any other games where the community is killing the game?

Lol the community isnt killing APB, the game has had a terminal illness since launch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Weaboos said:

World of Tanks. I don't like the game too much but from my ovservations population is way more toxic than that of APB.

I have never played WoT, too slow paced game in my opinion.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Lol the community isnt killing APB, the game has had a terminal illness since launch.

Gold tryhards and fake golds stomping new players doesn't hurt the growth of population? How after all these years nothing was implemented, automated system to force golds from bronze districts back to where they belong, this would make dethreating pointless.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Why would time be factored?
An r255 bronze with 5k hours is still bad, and a gold with 20 hours is still better.

Im not so sure ... r255 bronze with 5k hours sounds like dethreater and gold with 20h sounds like player with multiple acc. who might have more than 20h. if you combine all his acc.

Even so .. bronze with 5k might not be better than gold ,but r255 silver with 5k hours might give good fight to gold.

Looking at myself im r220 gold with over 2k hours, but looking at my scores and game play i should not be gold ... maybe pretty nice silver but not gold.

This is why i think we need to reset threats ... and make threats harder to obtain - especially gold threat.

Why would time be factored? Because knowledge and experience. 5k hours player should be way better than 20 hours (at least in theory).

Edited by MartisLTU

2 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

Gold tryhards and fake golds stomping new players doesn't hurt the growth of population? How after all these years nothing was implemented, automated system to force golds from bronze districts back to where they belong, this would make dethreating pointless.

For the record, I think all dethreaters should be banned.

18 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

I have never played WoT, too slow paced game in my opinion.

Well you have to be into tanking to play something like that and it's in tanks by nature are slow. And when it comes to tanking it's one of the most arcady/fast/unrealistic game out there. If you think WoT is slow you should see something like War Thunder on realistic or simulator game mode lol 🙂