Sign in to follow this  
TheMessiah

Radical changes to Mission districts

First i want to be clear that i respect all the changes/balancing LO is making to the missions which gonna be even more important in near future(especially after 2.1 engine final release when the game will fill up with players)I dont want to disrespect theyr hard work.Thats been said - right now with the playerbase decreasing so much and players cant even get matches(especially on NA)we need some radical changes and i think i figured out the solutions.In three steps:

1st Remove threat segregation (both player and district threat)
With 530 players in peak hours i saw yesterday - last thing we need is this threat separating the playerbase even more.Plus is important step leading to my next suggestion..

2nd Remove all current missions.Faction Deathmatch like the only mission
I know sounds crazy ill explain where im getting at.The Deathmatch mode becoming the only mission npcs gonna give to players after they press K.Faction deathmatch(40 crims vs 40 enf. where you see rest of players on the map)Time limit lets say 15 minutes.All mission objectives gonna be removed(and other mission stages)so experience and money obviously must be recalculated.In result we gonna get more "open up" gameplay on the entire map,more fun and kinda more fair games because always on both sides theres good players.Also new players not gonna need special tutorial(current must stay)and other stuff to know what to do after they enter mission district.After they press K - npc give them the mission with name"Eliminate Them All!!"(description can be added ofc)and they will know what to do after see all the red players around the map.Now the last step..

3rd Current mission objectives - like separate activities
Im not sure if thats possible but if is-can be great.All current mission objectives done by crims and enforcers:ram raiding,graffiti painting,satelite hacks,breaking windows,burning cars etc - can be added to the activities players do outside missions(mugging,delivering cars,ram raiding shops)Activate if not all-most of this objectives so this way players will have more things to do when theyr not playn the main mission.Thats a way to add some extra game content to the big maps(also keep upgrading the equipment)Not only enforcers but this time crims must also be able to witness because theyr in war all around the city after all.This objectives/activities must also give experience and money so more work here yea..

Overall thats my suggestions.I think we can stop the playerbase "bleeding out" this way.In result we get more fun gameplay on entire maps,avoid the super unfair matches,no forcing to play in some camping spots plus extra game content outside of the mission and the player to choose freely how to play the game.
After the 2.1 engine final release when the game function more properly - we can go back to the normal missions(when we get more players)So thats my ideas pls be open minded to them.Some work must be done if you decide to implement this changes thats for sure.Ok thats it thx for the attention

Edited by TheMessiah

I'm thinking missions with a bigger player cap because this is a gang war game, not armed goons vs a militarized two man death squad. 

The mission objectives then would also have to be redesigned. We can't have WoW missions in this game anymore (grab item, drop it off somewhere else). Instead we could have coordinated objectives. For example, while one team does one objective, the other has to do a separarte one across the map, dividing the bigger teams and having to make use of strategy to complete them. 

Captures should be static missions. No one wants to grab barrels and take them 500m away to a backdoor. Instead of having to hold a suitcase on top of a difficult to access roof, they should instead be based around, let's say, zones. Keeping an area with some weapon crates clear until evac arrives to get them, sabotaging a neurotoxin container while the other team tries to clear the area and contain the damage. Just off the top of my head. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

That second suggestion is a joke right?

Is not.NA server is dead from what i see on forum and EU is following right behind.Right now silver waterfront is dead(like was 1st in NA)and next is financial.After that another big chunk of golds which not gonna dethreat-gonna just leave the game and short after that the entire game will collapse.So game needs some alternatives to this missions idk if gonna be some mode where you can also earn exp. and progress npcs or something else but we need changes and fast.Game not gonna last till 2.1 final release thats months away(if not a year)

Edited by TheMessiah

On 8/15/2020 at 12:58 PM, TheMessiah said:

1st Remove threat segregation (both player and district threat)
With 530 players in peak hours i saw yesterday - last thing we need is this threat separating the playerbase even more.

^This... just this would make a big difference!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HighSociety said:

^This... just this would make a big difference!

the tedious unbalanced missions and the slow paced gameplay will remain dou..thats why im suggestin the 2nd part(or something similar if they can came up with)

Edited by TheMessiah

U can remove threat segregation when the game thinks 2 bronzes equal 1 gold. 

Pop will drop down even more

• Like 1

A player just quit based on #2 alone...

Remove all missions except Faction Death Matches..

On that alone their will be  more grieving then you realize,  players will only target other players they can kill....  with that the rest of NAs current population will be reduced to 1/3rd it is now...

1 hour ago, cyral said:

On that alone their will be  more grieving then you realize,  players will only target other players they can kill...

Also imagine everybody vs Kempington for example.Yea this suggestion definitely have some flaws i never said that is perfect