R3ACT3M

Do you think LO is tired of our shit?

Do you think LO is tired of our shit?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think LO is tired of our shit?

52 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

This is an excellent point, APB would be competing...maybe it should? Maybe that's the problem with this title is that it has no competition. APB doesn't need to improve because there is no worry that their rival is going to beat them to the next innovation.

my point was that if apb had to compete directly it would lose, at the end of the day no perfect polished gameplay is going to overcome the 10 year gap apb has with modern games

But another thing that should be remembered is that trying to appeal to everyone almost never results in a good game. 

fair point

I personally would love to see health bars in this game. Mainly on yourself because the health hud simply doesn't tell you shit. Someone from 60m away is tickling you with an FBW health hud doesn't change suddenly you get one shot by an NHVR

I know there is a little noise that plays when your health is full but damn does it need to be more obvious with all this game's audio issues  

no health bar is a pretty common mechanic in almost every modern shooter, i figured this would be one of the few things that everyone was okay with

iirc way back in an old q&a the old g1 devs said that no health bars was an intentional design choice - in testing with health bars players tended to be a lot more defensive in order to keep their health bar as high as possible, which led to slower gameplay than the devs wanted

i'll try to find the video

edit: here

Edited by 404
video

3 hours ago, 404 said:

iirc way back in an old q&a the old g1 devs said that no health bars was an intentional design choice - in testing with health bars players tended to be a lot more defensive in order to keep their health bar as high as possible, which led to slower gameplay than the devs wanted

I see, well they need to improve how the health hud looks or...does apb have hit indicators? I almost have my first maxed character and I never noticed any

That would help maybe have it where if you took major damage the indicator would stay longer and be a more solid color while light damage is more faded and goes away quicker

3 hours ago, 404 said:

my point was that if apb had to compete directly it would lose, at the end of the day no perfect polished gameplay is going to overcome the 10 year gap apb has with modern games

Well in a way it isn't competing and there are a lot of features APB has that other games don't customization is the biggest. I'm simply loosing hope in APB, I like the game itself, and I just imagine with all the matchmaking fixes they hope to deploy. What will it matter if no one sticks around to play?

On 8/15/2020 at 10:31 AM, 404 said:

you mentioned BRs so i feel i should point out that fortnite has very similar gunplay to apb (or at least it did when i tried playing), right down to identical hitboxes for every character - the only significant difference i remember is headshot damage being present

doesnt seem to have hurt epic's pop numbers 

i felt the same way about fortnite's gunplay... and in my opinion its actually worse with the lack of camera shoulder swapping and leaning. Rogue Company is also similar to APB's gunplay but not as polished and smooth feeling... kinda clunky for such a new game.

over the years apb's gunplay got dumbed down and they sided with making the guns more RNG/inaccurate over skill/aim based ... i always thought it was their way of trying balance the game around everyone aimbotting (which is stupid af imo).

Edited by Motorola

2 hours ago, Motorola said:

i felt the same way about fortnite's gunplay... and in my opinion its actually worse with the lack of camera shoulder swapping and leaning. Rouge Squadron is also similar to APB's gunplay but not as polished and smooth feeling... kinda clunky for such a new game.

over the years apb's gunplay got dumbed down and they sided with making the guns more RNG/inaccurate over skill/aim based ... i always thought it was their way of trying balance the game around everyone aimbotting (which is stupid af imo).

Roge Squadron?: 

1 hour ago, Motorola said:

rogue company*

Playing anything from Hi-rez after what they did to Global Agenda, Tribes, and Global Agenda 2.

HAH.

On 8/13/2020 at 8:15 AM, TheMessiah said:

my sh*t?this game is one big sh*t for 7 years now and LO decide to taste it so i dont see our fault here..

7??  >  12 years of APB and 10 years of Reloaded. In 2011 it was ok-ish working on Pentium4s and that gen of dualcores. Then near the end of 2012 throughout 2013 it was unplayable for most of us no matter the specs unless you were in the anus of the servers or a masochist to deal with it and get glorious actual 25-30 fps... Then bearable again in 2014 then probably in mid 2015 again unplayable no matter the settings, where fightclubs only had decent fps. Later in 2017 fixed and till now we can somewhat get normal performance on quads which is a bonus for this game. LO is doing a good job compared to what this project use to be for the passed 12 years.

I've had enough of your shit.

Depending which person you talk to you either get a hope response, which is usually positive and they look forward to future and things. Or you get the pessimistic answer which is that they are negative about anything and everything. The latter seems to be much more common but these people still stick around everything, forums or in-game for some weird reason. I guess it depends which type of person you are.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I dont enjoy the game anymore so I just stopped playing.

Same with giving a fuck, LO doesnt give a fuck about the opinions of the player they just throw shit at the screen and hope it works.

After they buffed the god damn fuck out of shotguns and then ran a sale on them for a long patootie time and only stopped the discount once people stopped buying em Ive really lost hope

On 8/16/2020 at 10:00 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Playing anything from Hi-rez after what they did to Global Agenda, Tribes, and Global Agenda 2.

HAH.

ga 2 ? 

firefall was the successor to ga but they ruined that also... every good game gets ruined 

27 minutes ago, Motorola said:

ga 2 ? 

firefall was the successor to ga but they ruined that also... every good game gets ruined 

Global Agenda 2 was in the works. Eventually over time it got turned in to Paladins.

Source: Hirez Todd saying it directly to my face and showing early alpha footage of GA2.

He also went on about how Tribes was earning them nothing and Smite was keeping the Tribes servers up.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

On 8/19/2020 at 11:28 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Global Agenda 2 was in the works. Eventually over time it got turned in to Paladins.

Source: Hirez Todd saying it directly to my face and showing early alpha footage of GA2.

He also went on about how Tribes was earning them nothing and Smite was keeping the Tribes servers up.

paladins kinda sucked... wish that they made a real GA2. all the game modes tied in with the city and arena area made it kinda like how apb is.