R3ACT3M

Do you think LO is tired of our shit?

Do you think LO is tired of our shit?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think LO is tired of our shit?

Yes, but sometimes thats what it takes to get them to move in the right direction.

• Like 4

depends on the shit, but yeah probably

• Like 1

If LO were in charge in the first place. I don't know who leads the direction this game goes anymore and this forums are not their main communication channel either.

• Like 1

my sh*t?this game is one big sh*t for 7 years now and LO decide to taste it so i dont see our fault here..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Kiida said:

Yes and I don't blame them.Ā 

This.

Ā 

Also, do people ever get tired of name calling?

Ā 

XtLwEv0.png

I'm sure they are, this community has never been a shining beacon of hope or love. But to be fair, they just like RTW and G1 have brought much of this on themselves.

Ā 

It's been quite some time and this engine upgrade that was supposed to be their top priority still hasn't seen much of any light outside of some beta tests. I'll admit that taking over for RTW and G1 I'm sure is anything but simple. But this is what they said they would do, and to be honest they have not delivered.

Ā 

So they can be displeased with the community all they want. But to be fair, they had the best chance to be loved by this community and so far have failed to capitalize. RTW was despised since the beginning for charging for a beta, G1 was despised before they even bought APB.Ā Sure the game is "dead" compared to its prime, but people still play and have been waiting for quite some time for this engine upgrade.

Ā 

Sadly the upgrade will likely not be enough as it will be updating a 2008 game to 2012, which is still nearly a decade old. Instead of wasting all this time dicking around with G1s shit heap of code, they should have just started over. Use UE4 and rebuild it. I doubt the difference in work load would have been so drastically different when you could still use assets and any ideas you want. And its notboike they haven't basically Redone nearly every single part of the game just to get it to fit into the 3.5 version of UE.

Ā 

Whoever's in the charge of the game seems to constantly make poor decisions about how to proceed. I appreciate the work that went into the engine upgrade but I was waiting for this what seems like a half a decade ago. I've seen indie projects get announced and developed and released in this time period by single person development teams. The progress has been glacial at best and I'd wager many in my position have just given up. I have zero desire to return anymore, I have no reason to believe this upgrade will alleviate the major issues the game has. Let alone that it will be even finished before the years end.Ā 

Ā 

They can be pissed all the want, they chose to buy this IP, they chose to pursue the engine upgrade, they chose to try to pump life back into a dead and old game. The saying goes "if you cant stand the heat, then get the fuck out the kitchen".

Edited by Moosh N Twist

I'd honestly feel offended by this question if I were working at LO.Ā 

Ā 

Nevermind I actually am. You guys have been whining about the same 4 things for years, I'm sure they already know what the complaining is about.Ā 

6 hours ago, Moosh N Twist said:

I doubt the difference in work load would have been so drastically different when you could still use assets and any ideas you want. And its notboike they haven't basically Redone nearly every single part of the game just to get it to fit into the 3.5 version of UE.

Truly stated like someone who has no idea what they're talking about.

Did someone noticed that FlightĀ and evenĀ KempingtonĀ voted yes lol.
Edit: i now noticed alot more officials of LO voted this

Edited by ReaperTheButcher

have you heard the sayingĀ you become what you eat?Ā figure it out. no rules are reinforced is like aĀ kindergartenĀ withĀ adults

Edited by StraaZi

ALL LO had to do was push the engine out... no one is asking for all these other things they keep messing up. ruining guns and core gameplay thats been the same for years... no one is asking for this... all we need is proper matchmaking and thats about it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Motorola said:

ALL LO had to do was push the engine out... no one is asking for all these other things they keep messing up. ruining guns and core gameplay thats been the same for years... no one is asking for this... all we need is proper matchmaking and thats about it.

I wish they tried to hit "a homerun" as matt keeps saying, and tried to get all the districts to "run" then let both versions of the game go live. Because it seems what you would think is an easy task of, hey just get these 2 districts to run nicely seems to be more then they can chew. Remember earlier this year when they ran the beta tests? It sure sounded like they just about finished fight club then. Now that we had the open beta, feels like they haven't really done anything.

I hope they are telling the truth when they tell us that these tests are in fact letting them collect data, because it took about a month to fix login issues (and im sure a few other bugs)

Im convinced along with others we wont see this engine for quite a while. And to simply put it, APB will not survive trying to be an mmo, it just wont. Back when this game first came out you can call it an mmo, but so many games of today (mainly battle royal) are able to have 100 player servers without issues.Ā 

APB weapon mechanics are shit, plain and simple. No buffing and nerfing will ever fix that. LO need to take a hard look at how this game's shooting mechanics work, and rebuild them.

I should make another poll asking what keeps people playing APB, because for me personally it's the customization and the addiction of winning. Gameplay is by far the worst

Don't believe me? Besides the golden three: Matchmaking, Cheating, and Lack of content why else does this game's player base hang by a thread?

Because in the end, no body should look at the engine upgrade with graphics in mind, graphics will never matter in a game like this.

If LO want's to bring people back they need make massive improvements with 2020 shooter standards in mind.

5 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

~snip~

I was going to go through your post bit by bit, and link you the engine update thread since it was clear you have little understanding of that topic, but when I got to this part:
Ā 

APB weapon mechanics are shit, plain and simple. No buffing and nerfing will ever fix that. LO need to take a hard look at how this game's shooting mechanics work, and rebuild them.

Ā 

I decided to simply recommend you find a different game to play.

Ā 

P.S. please stop with the polls

Ā 

Back when this game first came out you can call it an mmo, but so many games of today (mainly battle royal) are able to have 100 player servers without issues.Ā 

you mentioned BRs so i feel i should point out that fortnite hasĀ very similar gunplay to apb (or at least it did when i tried playing), right down to identical hitboxes for every character - the only significant difference i remember is headshot damage being present

Ā 

doesnt seem to have hurt epic's popĀ numbersĀ 

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I was going to go through your post bit by bit, and link you the engine update thread since it was clear you have little understanding of that topic, but when I got to this part:
Ā 

Ā 

I decided to simply recommend you find a different game to play.

Ā 

P.S. please stop with the polls

Ā 

I play a variety of games, APB just happened to get me addicted for the longest time. Iā€™ve been following the engine for the longest time. And from what Iā€™ve seen and understand up to this point is the LO are making the engine upgrade because of a couple reason:

Ā 

A: Newer cards are moving to 64bit with no 32bit compatibility so cards like RTX are not going to run LIVE apb very well.

Ā 

B: APB liveā€™s code IsĀ spaghetti, so the new engine will allow for LO to fix things more easily

Ā 

And C:Ā General performance improvements

Ā 

I get why they are doing the engine, but I personally donā€™t feel this game is going to survive with there matchmaking fix alone

Ā 

also when i say rework, im not telling LO to turn APB into Battlefield or something its not.

Ā 

im saying the systems in place are dated and should be looked at and see if they in-fact make sense anymore or if they were lazily done by RTW or G1

6 hours ago, 404 said:

you mentioned BRs so i feel i should point out that fortnite hasĀ very similar gunplay to apb (or at least it did when i tried playing), right down to identical hitboxes for every character - the only significant difference i remember is headshot damage being present

Ā 

doesnt seem to have hurt epic's popĀ numbersĀ 

I havenā€™t played fortnite, played bunch of others though. I more so wanted to use them as an example for player server size. I donā€™t think battleroyals are thought of like typical mmosĀ 

Ā 

when i think mmo i think of the lackluster combat and questing but billions of players

Ā 

APB wont survive with a mentality like this.

Ā 

Im saying it needs to go from MMO to shooter

Ā 

also look at Fortnite visually bright colors cartoon like characters. That would hook kids for generations.Ā 
Ā 

you could also say since its Battle-royal F2P off the bat (which RTW didnā€™t do) it gave an opportunity for more people to like it.

Ā 

with 2.1 its clear their LUT system is still broken and if people payed attention when complaining about the look they would know that there is no LUT.Ā 
Ā 

Another thing APB is a way older title than FN, and players probably got bored soon or later of the gameā€™s general gameplay being the same.

Ā 

which is why im saying LO needs to rework this

Ā 

engine wont bring back old players for long if APB is still APBĀ 

Ā 

When i was watching the beta streams I remember one of the streamers saying ā€œitā€™s still apbā€. Well if its still apb why keep playing

Ā 

i suppose if LO insist on keeping gameplay the same. There only hope is to get new players to stay.

6 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

engine wont bring back old players for long if APB is still APBĀ 

Ā 

When i was watching the beta streams I remember one of the streamers saying ā€œitā€™s still apbā€. Well if its still apb why keep playing

Ā 

i suppose if LO insist on keeping gameplay the same. There only hope is to get new players to stay.

i dont think the gameplay needs to change so much as it needs to be fixed -Ā part of apb's survival (and its main draw for most i assume)Ā to this point should be attributed to its unique blend of a dozen different games, chasing after the hardcore shooter crowd or the ultra grind mmo crowd is only going to force apb to directly compete with established games in those genres

2 hours ago, 404 said:

i dont think the gameplay needs to change so much as it needs to be fixed

I don't want APB to be changed drastically to the point it's not recognized in terms of gameplay. Totally different game, but when I say rework I remember when I was still playing Warframe and my friend who is no longer with us, told me that they reworked gameplay but not to the point that the game was totally unrecognizable.Ā 

Which is part of the reason I have said in other threads, when LO nerf or buff weapons it shouldn't be so that the gun is played completely different. That it's original use is still intact.

Ā 

2 hours ago, 404 said:

Ā part of apb's survival (and its main draw for most i assume)Ā to this point should be attributed to its unique blend of a dozen different games, chasing after the hardcore shooter crowd or the ultra grind mmo crowd is only going to force apb to directly compete with established games in those genres

This is an excellent point, APB would be competing...maybe it should? Maybe that's the problem with this title is that it has no competition. APB doesn't need to improve because there isĀ no worry that their rival is going to beat them to the next innovation.

But another thing that should be remembered is that trying to appeal to everyone almost never results in a good game.Ā 

But APB is ultra grind which is probably why people get addicted, the WOW I GOT MY FIRST UNLOCK.....now I want more!
So there is your hook, the feeling of shit stomping other players in this game is powerful. But getting shit stomped is worst so much worst.

Dying in APB has to be one of THE most punishing things in this game. You never know why you died, I love in battlefield that little card that pops up when you died showing what killed you, who killed you, and how much health they had left.Ā 

Plus with all the hackusators why not add in a kill cam functionality? It would certainly help new players understand how to play and use their guns + let people see exactly what the other is seeing and if they are aim boting, wall-hacking, trigger boting, hit scanning or what ever else people or calling hacks on.Ā 

So if gameplay isn't this games issues it's definitely everything surrounding gameplay.

I personally would love to see health bars in this game. Mainly on yourself because the health hud simply doesn't tell you shit. Someone from 60m away is tickling you with an FBW health hud doesn't change suddenly you get one shot by an NHVR

I know there is a little noise that plays when your health is full but damn does it need to be more obvious with all this game's audio issuesĀ Ā