Gold_Hoe

The change about deployables

Now that all deployables have a countdown after which they poof out of existence (or blow up like the ammo box), can we get some indicator of how much time do these deployables have? Like a timer under your crosshair, which you can see if you look at it? This would at least tell you for how much longer does this deployable will continue to exist.

I'd prefer they won't expire at all, ngl it's annoying when shield just poofing in the middle of the fight. Same with boom box, why, just why...

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, Nagletz said:

I'd prefer they won't expire at all, ngl it's annoying when shield just poofing in the middle of the fight.

Portable cover for an entire match?

I'm gonna pass on that one.

• Like 1

That would be a convenient HUD addition

But at the time being, looking at mission-timer as a reference point lets you tell accurately when will the deployable poof.

Expiring time for deployables was always questionable, i guess timers are justified by performance gain.

Wonder how much does that 1.99% performance gain against the obvious fun would justify their compromise.

At least make that timer matter, cuz less than a 5 minutes or 10 its the equivalent of zero fun.

Depending on the item of course.

They made that useless boom box pop out of existence ridiculously faster, as if wasn't fast enough before lol, now they made it even more useless than it ever was before, thanx LO Nerf™

Besides, wtf is that boom box even used for? I never understood that attempt at psychical crap approach, as if ppl are that easily radar distracted lol.

At least put a damn bomb in it to be fun to use, the most garbage accumulated crap in my mail box ever.

Oh right, its a noob approach distraction tool, i guess that's the only reason boom box exists in this game, to make noob lives more miserable than it already is lmao.

• Like 1

Talking about DEPLOYABLES , Ammo box is totally useless now , cant resupply explosives , nades and cant change guns ? what is it good for  ?  Sad ~

• Thanks 2

Yes, this is one of of the bugs that we are working towards correcting. The intent is for items to go back to having a duration as they did previously but for the Cooldown to start when the deployable is used/activated instead of the previous iteration where you needed to wait for the deploy time before the cooldown timer even started.

The change to ammo box so that you can no longer use it to change your inventory was an unintended one and should be fixed when we do the next patch with the bug fixes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Selali said:

The change to ammo box so that you can no longer use it to change your inventory was an unintended one and should be fixed when we do the next patch with the bug fixes.

I'm glad about this! Not giving nades and stuff is fine, as long as it lets you swap guns. 🙂

14 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Yeah, important ladders are almost always blocked with them. Not even gonna talk about bunkering with LMGs.

Btw. ain't timer on activated deployable (time before it runs out)?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

43 minutes ago, Mitne said:

Yeah, important ladders are almost always blocked with them.

U can still destroy it and it got less HP now 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

1 hour ago, HighSociety said:

^ this.

Also, why consumable typed shield doesn't removed yet?

I know, it probably bad idea, but what about making it character-sized with less HP? Could be epic (and annoying, lol)

20 hours ago, Nagletz said:

I'd prefer they won't expire at all, ngl it's annoying when shield just poofing in the middle of the fight. Same with boom box, why, just why...

I wouldn't mind just seeing the stuff disappear if you use them again. Like you can't have 2 boom boxes out at the same time.

• Like 2

Honestly I wish they had never been added in the first place, to me they all feel stupid and completely out of place, except for the ammo boxes maybe.

Shields expiring means blowtorch got even more useless.

On 8/12/2020 at 9:07 AM, HighSociety said:

It's still a bother plus you shooting at shield will bring you to opposite team attention.

Leave one ladder blocked, other guarded. Bam, hard time to enemy even with number advantages which shouldn't be case.

11 hours ago, Mitne said:

It's still a bother plus you shooting at shield will bring you to opposite team attention.

Leave one ladder blocked, other guarded. Bam, hard time to enemy even with number advantages which shouldn't be case.

So we need a non-deploy area around ladders in 2.1 🤔

• Like 1