Hexerin

Everyone's finally starting to realize LO won't take action against ToS/CoC violations

There needs to be a spectator mode or something along those lines so we can watch and figure out whos cheating easier (It doesn't have to be anything crazy, in fact they sorta already have it, but you can't move the camera and it's so short you can't get any real info.) If we are spectating and the persons bullets have like no spread then it's a clear case...

As for the griefers in open districts. My fix for them is something that should be fairly easy to implement since you should have some coding already there. You know how you can't use other peoples cars when not in a mission? Why not add a few more hooks to it the string. That makes any player in a vehicle, disable other players hit boxes and collisions only when they aren't in a mission with said person. This would make it so they can't run into or troll other people that are in missions. Eliminating this particular frustration and cutting back on having to ban trolls from this potential method, perhaps saving you a few players for the player-base in the process.

Now the biggest and more controversial suggestion on how to fight cheaters. It's simple, really, besides anti-cheat this game is long overdue for a down-scaling of it's difficulty curve. What i mean by this is every gun has too much bloom. Hackers don't have any spread or recoil. Thus giving us zero chance of ever fighting back no matter the weapon since this game uses a bloom system that's overly aggressive and flawed. Trying to fight them with anti-cheat is useless and ultimately pointless. As they will just bypass it in a few days making all that time you spent effectively wasted(Not saying don't do it, but adding other ways they can't circumvent is better yah?). Lowering the bloom and making weapons more accurate helps even the playing field and lets reaction time player a bigger role. Which will give really good players a chance of beating hackers. And giving lesser skilled players a fighting chance against hackers and people that have played this game since release.

I imagine lo is in a tough spot. They can't ban people because the playerbase is too small. Every potential player outweighs the current risk of banning them instead. My fix of making the games difficulty curve easier skirts around this issue, by trying to make the game easier for newer players thus potentially growing the base making those bad apples much less common, as there are more honest players. The toxicity will always remain, it's just limiting them from doing serious harm to the game. Them cussing and bullying someone with words isn't gonna make them quit. Having trolls interfering with their missions when not being apart of said mission will. As the playerbase grows you can start carelessly banning those toxic players again, because the finical risk isn't there anymore.

2 hours ago, Verixonsen said:

Hackers don't have any spread

spread and bloom are server side values that cheaters cant change

• Thanks 1

Everyone's finally starting to realize LO won't take action against ToS/CoC violations

By Hexerin, Yesterday at 02:23 AM in Social District (General Discussion)

irony anyone? *facepalm*

Edited by Fortune Runner

why worry about the whole tos thing. does it fucking matter? you A get tryhards who have to kill you no matter what basiclly wasting your time in missions becuase no matter how hard you try yo ucan only get 5 kills maybe. or B cheaters that you can't do shit against. or C you get pleasant fellow max ranks who have to win and will ensure that you no matter what will not kill them . you wonder why this game is dead? it's not the tos or people making nazi artwork or something, it's the fucking players being so toxic that new players would rather go play anything else 

1 hour ago, cowhorseman said:

why worry about the whole tos thing. does it fucking matter? you A get tryhards who have to kill you no matter what basiclly wasting your time in missions becuase no matter how hard you try yo ucan only get 5 kills maybe. or B cheaters that you can't do shit against. or C you get pleasant fellow max ranks who have to win and will ensure that you no matter what will not kill them . you wonder why this game is dead? it's not the tos or people making nazi artwork or something, it's the fucking players being so toxic that new players would rather go play anything else 

thats not  quite accurate

just running into someone better than you isnt toxic..

theres a small player base and hopefully it gets larger when the engine upgrade and phasing is done so new players dont get roughed up.

On 8/10/2020 at 5:58 AM, CookiePuss said:

I say that from the perspective of being very very very close to being permanently banned from the forums. Break the rules and that's on you. As adults we need to take responsibility for ourselves.

did you mean this about you? I like our arguments. mostly informative and respectful , but just different opinions at times

30 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

did you mean this about you? I like our arguments. mostly informative and respectful , but just different opinions at times

Not to worry, I'm reformed.

...mostly

26 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Not to worry, I'm reformed.

...mostly

if they ever gave you a strike over us talking then they need to remove them. I have never taken it bad from you ( i get MUCH worse behavior from others )

On 8/11/2020 at 12:58 AM, CookiePuss said:

Or examples of anything for that matter.

No offense but arent you a bronze district player? I only ask because of the cheater thing.

Also, criticism is fine and you know it.

Threads are only removed when rules are broken. Say what you will about the mods, they do a fair job when moderating the forums.

I say that from the perspective of being very very very close to being permanently banned from the forums. Break the rules and that's on you. As adults we need to take responsibility for ourselves.

there are literally zero cheaters in apb nobody has ever cheated and they are just ex-cheaters but never actually cheated they got false banned by tiggs 20 times even though there is footage of them aimbotting on stream and they continue to aimbot on stream today but dont get banned because they are just legit and they no longer cheat, they simply learned how to aim after requiring aimbot for years and so basically they aimbotted so much that now their legit aim looks like an aimbot but you are just a silver bronze noob if you think anybody cheats and even if there was a single cheater in apb we shouldnt ever want them banned because then we would have slightly fewer players even though more people would play if there weren't cheaters playing. how can u even think they are cheating they just have 20 thousand hours game time and practice on aim trainer for 2 hours everyday if they were cheating why would they go through so much effort to hide their cheats like that is totally wacky to think that cheaters would lie about themselves cheating so therefore everybody who is an excheater or you think is cheating is actually not and you are just bad and need to get good

19 minutes ago, FakeBungo said:

there are literally zero cheaters in apb nobody has ever cheated and they are just ex-cheaters but never actually cheated they got false banned by tiggs 20 times even though there is footage of them aimbotting on stream and they continue to aimbot on stream today but dont get banned because they are just legit and they no longer cheat, they simply learned how to aim after requiring aimbot for years and so basically they aimbotted so much that now their legit aim looks like an aimbot but you are just a silver bronze noob if you think anybody cheats and even if there was a single cheater in apb we shouldnt ever want them banned because then we would have slightly fewer players even though more people would play if there weren't cheaters playing.

Why even bother using a period at that point, I mean really... LOL

this game is die to lag simulator you literally just die to lag over and over again

On 8/10/2020 at 11:23 AM, Hexerin said:

The amount of flagrant ToS/CoC violations has skyrocketed the past couple weeks on Jericho, because everyone is finally starting to realize that LO has zero intention of taking any action whatsoever on anything. Combine that with the ever-increasing commonality of cheating thanks to BattlEye being completely worthless, and the server is effectively unplayable.

What a complete joke. In before the thread vanishes because can't be having any criticism, nosiree.

just wait til the upgrade is in place and we wil see a diference happening

I ain't touchin this or Fallen Earth until the major updates are complete. I'm hoping it can bring enough people back to the game that these issues won't be so bad.

Besides that point, they're training and hiring a whole slew of GMs, so it's safe to say they're short staffed on that end, and they intend to fix these issues for the future.

Just have faith and patience.

On 8/11/2020 at 8:04 PM, FakeBungo said:

lmaoooo

Why not add useful criticism rather than just lol it isn't adding anything of substance to the discussion and is just wasting space. There that's my criticism to your post.

On 8/11/2020 at 9:06 AM, 404 said:

If that's the case then why do people complain about always being lasered? They should still miss shots even with an aimbot, so it wouldn't be that bad. Anyways if i am wrong i apologize for being misinformed, but I've never seen a games code not be hackable when it comes to spread and countless other things like accuracy.

Anyways now we are way off topic.

I don't think anything's gonna be done about it honestly, they haven't made any significant changes to combat toxicity yet and they won't. If so, they would have to ban half the community if not more, every district i join it's always a fight between a bunch of out of control ego's, people complaining about hackers and the occasional troll that spouts the same regurgitated nonsense they all say. (Jericho btw.) I rarely see anything positive in the district chat.

2 hours ago, Verixonsen said:

Why not add useful criticism rather than just lol it isn't adding anything of substance to the discussion and is just wasting space. There that's my criticism to your post.

If that's the case then why do people complain about always being lasered? They should still miss shots even with an aimbot, so it wouldn't be that bad. Anyways if i am wrong i apologize for being misinformed, but I've never seen a games code not be hackable when it comes to spread and countless other things like accuracy.

Anyways now we are way off topic.

I don't think anything's gonna be done about it honestly, they haven't made any significant changes to combat toxicity yet and they won't. If so, they would have to ban half the community if not more, every district i join it's always a fight between a bunch of out of control ego's, people complaining about hackers and the occasional troll that spouts the same regurgitated nonsense they all say. (Jericho btw.) I rarely see anything positive in the district chat.

biggest problem is the game is totally unplayable due to lag, hackers you can avoid if you just quit to desktop. that is if you know who is cheating.

7 hours ago, Verixonsen said:

because people are idiots who cant differentiate between a min ttk and "faster than me"

cheaters also tend to gravitate to more accurate weapons, and with the right cheats they can ensure theyre always engaging at the right distance to mitigate bloom anyway

im no code monkey but im pretty sure server side stats would require a game patch to change 

On 8/11/2020 at 9:06 AM, 404 said:

Games been out for 10 years or something like that... and people still haven't realised this.

It's almost like people who play games in nearly every case know less than developers. Who would have thought lol.

Not to mention, literally the entirety of that person's post is just trash. Not even hot trash, that shit is ice cold trash. 

People are so naive they dont even think about the cost it takes for someone to "monitor" all the people the scrub patootie bronzes claim are cheating.

Not to mention people are such children they expect a permanent ban for anyone who upset them. As Cookie said, other than cheating and maybe selling stuff for money IRL, theres nothing I'm aware of that's a for sure 100% first offense ban. 

And now were at the real issue that plagues this game. Most players are in fact dog shit at this game. Most have very little understanding of why top tier gold players are so much better than them (and no I don't mean cheaters, but anyone who's a low gold or below thinks anyone that's a top gold is hacking their asses off). Most players lack the mental capacity to engage in a game that has such a wide array of tools and options to properly deal with all of said tools and options. Thus if someone else thought of something unique, its cheating, or of it's not "the norm" they are try hard losers.

Everyone in this game just wants to hate each other. And it's easy to do when one person can literally run a game like it's the NBA. I cant recall a team based shooter game that can have a single player have such a large impact on the outcome of the match as this game. Bad players will always look to soften the blow to their ego, and the easiest way to do so, is to discredit the opposition. If they used cheats or glitches, or whatever excuse the ego needs to make, then it doesnt actually count. In their mind, they have been no only avenged but they think that they actually won something for "being more honorable".

27 minutes ago, 404 said:

because people are idiots who cant differentiate between a min ttk and "faster than me"

cheaters also tend to gravitate to more accurate weapons, and with the right cheats they can ensure theyre always engaging at the right distance to mitigate bloom anyway

im no code monkey but im pretty sure server side stats would require a game patch to change 

This.

Min TTK is around 0.7 seconds for most weapons. If you were getting min TTKed consistently you'd hardly be able to even notice you got shot the first time. Most cases you'd not be able to react more than a step in game. Also any shooter that doesnt want its spread data hacked, puts that data server side. So the claim that no other game does this, is once again completely false.

Anything to protect the ego.

Bads will remain bad.

Edited by Moosh N Twist

On 8/12/2020 at 5:45 AM, Phrozen said:

I ain't touchin this or Fallen Earth until the major updates are complete

18 hours ago, FakeBungo said:

biggest problem is the game is totally unplayable due to lag, hackers you can avoid if you just quit to desktop. that is if you know who is cheating.

hmm maybe there just wasn't as bad lag when i was on iono

Dead game needs to stay dead. So LO do your best to dislike every post your remaining player base post as criticism and  make this  game  exclusive Cheaters reloaded arena with a broken anti-cheat and custom configs.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dead_Game said:

Dead game needs to stay dead. So LO do your best to dislike every post your remaining player base post as criticism and  make this  game  exclusive Cheaters reloaded arena with a broken anti-cheat and custom configs.  

why would orbit dislike posts? they own the forum bro if they don't like your post they could just remove it lmao

• Like 1

Just now, 404 said:

why would orbit dislike posts? they own the forum bro if they don't like your post they could just remove it lmao

If they remove them, it will even stir the pot further so disliking is the best way to go and @Sakebee has proved it  like a pro  

Check the differences:

2012 (Golden Age): 

• No out of bounds border  (more nice events with nice people)
  • Nude bug (more customation, also not for nude itself, check blazer for female)
  • p5N5 working (more chance for ultranoob to have gratification of kill, more population)
  • Exporting characters 100% ,everywhere (a solid addon ,unique in all f2p, free artist add free advertisement for game)

2020 (New Age)

• Limitations of explore with OOB ( less fun)
  • terrorism about nude symbols (less creativity for donT hurt old uncle jane)
  • destroyed p5 and N5 system (bye bye fun)
  • no exporting except for login ( but i am sure they will remove it too.)

The nice thing of APB was the Open and free world.
Add restrictions is the exact opposite.
Remove restrictions is the answer for a continued success of APB.(including remove district threat segregation)
make the game Mature Only if need, just the label MO will 10x population. (and 100x the $$)

• Like 1

8 upv 20 dv I wonder how many who cheat out of the 20 no one who plays the game normally would d-like this topic =/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

Check the differences:

2012 (Golden Age): 

• p5N5 working (more chance for ultranoob to have gratification of kill, more population)

2020 (New Age)

• destroyed p5 and N5 system (bye bye fun)

LOL

the system was made to help teams getting smashed and never worked as intended

1 hour ago, Crusadeer said:

LOL

the system was made to help teams getting smashed and never worked as intended

This is false.
Only cheaters and closets complained about it.