Hexerin

Everyone's finally starting to realize LO won't take action against ToS/CoC violations

The amount of flagrant ToS/CoC violations has skyrocketed the past couple weeks on Jericho, because everyone is finally starting to realize that LO has zero intention of taking any action whatsoever on anything. Combine that with the ever-increasing commonality of cheating thanks to BattlEye being completely worthless, and the server is effectively unplayable.

What a complete joke. In before the thread vanishes because can't be having any criticism, nosiree.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

mUkkoYn.png

Honestly top post dude good work. 

Edited by Dean Hall
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

The amount of flagrant ToS/CoC violations has skyrocketed the past couple weeks on Jericho, because everyone is finally starting to realize that LO has zero intention of taking any action whatsoever on anything. Combine that with the ever-increasing commonality of cheating thanks to BattlEye being completely worthless, and the server is effectively unplayable.

What a complete joke. In before the thread vanishes because can't be having any criticism, nosiree.

That's APB, what you expect? LOL

People have been violating the TOS/COC/EULA ever since APB existed, and various developers never really took care to enforce them unless you manually reported them through support.

Hell, it's like this in virtually every game ever.

Since when do you play games again?

True ... with 300-500 pop. game it should be pretty ez to perm block those who break rules over and over again.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, LilyRain said:

Got clips of Cheaters?

Or examples of anything for that matter.

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

No offense but arent you a bronze district player? I only ask because of the cheater thing.

Also, criticism is fine and you know it.

Threads are only removed when rules are broken. Say what you will about the mods, they do a fair job when moderating the forums.

I say that from the perspective of being very very very close to being permanently banned from the forums. Break the rules and that's on you. As adults we need to take responsibility for ourselves.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Thanks to LO customer support I thought the same as original poster. Then someone told me that they begun taking actions and my experience is obsolete. Now I see this thread.

I don't know what to believe anymore.

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

flagrant ToS/CoC violations

12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Exactly. Considering the ToS/CoC that's actually really vague statement to make - these plagues of violators could be doing anything from hacking to selling accounts for irl profits. 

The point is, there are quite a few rules in the ToS so if we had 1 violation for every rule per day, would that be enough to it a skyrocket of flagrant violations?

All that in mind, I feel the servers have been really dodgy lately, or maybe it's just my connection, but being able to tell who is cheating and who isn't is a really fuzzy line for me at the best of times, I can't imagine it being any better for other players, but that won't stop vague accusations.

6 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

All that in mind, I feel the servers have been really dodgy lately,

Same here.

I don't know. When i report people they disappear depending on what they did. Went from people telling others to end their lifes, to hackerman and people selling ingame money/items for real $$$, or people running around in outfits with nazi symbolism. So they definitely do enforce their rules you just have to report people with solid evidence. Just saying "This guy did this and that please get him the bän my bröther" won't do anything.

But ay, that's just my experience. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If you think the servers are unplayable go back to 2013, 2014 (and maybe 2016 < not sure about this year). Pretty much next to zero FPS on mission districts and fightclubs and social were the only populated servers XD 

I do agree it isn't good now either with random stutters and drops to ghosting. But still playable compared to what this game actually was like.

I remember not playing this for years due to it's non existing performance. Truth is I don't play too much now either just hop in here and there old friends stopped playing and can't relate to the younger generations nor don't feel like babysitting to be honest. If I play a game there have to be a specific feature and activity to call it actually playing it. Which many on PC tend to fail to realize what really is playing a game and what is actually the meaning of the word enjoying something. And yes some players are quite questionable with their insane aims that even I didn't had years ago when I was a good gold player. Their typical owning the whole mission then die on purpose maybe two times to prove how they don't cheat. Yeah right, like someone is that stupid when previously he didn't die from 5 vs 1 attacking him all at once. When someone is obvious it's way too obvious.

Another truth is people close to the servers have the most advantage and can't do anything against them. Online games came to the point of having luck and no skill at all. Another reason I don't bother to play so as why many quit. Life have other great things to offer instead of wasting it on things like this.

Just hope this game goes somewhere one day because I do like the concept of it.

another baseless hexerin thread

weve had 8 page threads started by people complaining about being banned for tos violations on the exact same forum youre posting on 

• Like 1

They won’t ban 50% of population, like 300 players

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

No offense but arent you a bronze district player? I only ask because of the cheater thing.

Also, criticism is fine and you know it.

Threads are only removed when rules are broken. Say what you will about the mods, they do a fair job when moderating the forums.

I say that from the perspective of being very very very close to being permanently banned from the forums. Break the rules and that's on you. As adults we need to take responsibility for ourselves.

but some gold killed me /s

We take our ToS seriously and we do discipline users found violating our policies. We believe in giving players a chance to learn from their mistakes. We don't permanently ban accounts for minor infractions, though we do punish them in smaller ways, and these punishments get more severe over time. Our support team investigates each claim and responds accordingly depending on the severity of the infraction and the number of violations on record. If the goal is to improve the APB community, spreading the narrative that we don't enforce our policies is not only incorrect, it is harmful if it prevents people from putting in tickets or using the report function. We rely on those user reports for our investigations.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

We take our ToS seriously and we do discipline users found violating our policies. We believe in giving players a chance to learn from their mistakes. We don't permanently ban accounts for minor infractions, though we do punish them in smaller ways, and these punishments get more severe over time. Our support team investigates each claim and responds accordingly depending on the severity of the infraction and the number of violations on record. If the goal is to improve the APB community, spreading the narrative that we don't enforce our policies is not only incorrect, it is harmful if it prevents people from putting in tickets or using the report function. We rely on those user reports for our investigations.

Also there's tons of actions per day that break the TOS, in public or private. If no one is offended and no one reports it, and it is not outright theft of you, another player, or LO's property, and it is also not an egregious act like cheating in an online game... while it may not be against the TOS, there is no financial reason for LO to go after those people automatically or manually.

If you have a problem with toxicity ingame? Submit a ticket. Don't just post saying LO isn't 'doing their job' if you aren't showing initiative to tell them how.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I literally have a video of some dumbass racist kid spewing racial slurs and telling people to kill themselves via cutting and then encouraging it more and more and they havent fucking done anythign about it. Not the first time either lmao

TBF though if they started cracking down on this sort of behavior, cheating, and other bannable offenses we wouldnt have any pop at all left

Between the horrific state that the pop in NA is right now and the constant fucking crashing due to my new RTX card Im just gonna shelf APB till 2.1 comes out.  I genuinely cannot find any enjoyment out of this game anymore at this current point in time.

Edited by a Pair of Socks
I like how Sakebee was reading this before and after I posted this and didnt comment :^)

Ah yes, morals.

"That is your big idea huh? Giving every yahoo in this town a license to roam the streets armed?"

-last words before San Paro fell into chaos

28 minutes ago, koenyboy500 said:

Ah yes, morals.

"That is your big idea huh? Giving every yahoo in this town a license to roam the streets armed?"

-last words before San Paro fell into chaos

If only this community had this thing called morals, then it wouldnt be very toxic and cheaters wouldnt be so common

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Sophiie said:

If you have a problem with toxicity ingame? Submit a ticket. Don't just post saying LO isn't 'doing their job' if you aren't showing initiative to tell them how.

I did once in the past. They proved the original poster true.

That's my only time I reported someone to LO and probably my last.

Notification or mesaage in-game like “Player you have reported was banned.” or smth similar would give more transperancy. Because right now after reporting someone you have 0 clue about what happened next.

19 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

Notification or mesaage in-game like “Player you have reported was banned.” or smth similar would give more transperancy. Because right now after reporting someone you have 0 clue about what happened next.

We had that. I think Matt Scott said that he decided to remove it because it wasn't something positive.

Short of cheating, I don't know what offenses are first-offense bannable.

This is significant because you may have reported someone for non-cheating violations, and action may have been taken against that player, but since it wasn't a ban it looks like nothing was done.

As far as reporting cheaters go, you may just be wrong.

• Thanks 1