MartisLTU

Wicked mad idea ....

APB + VR 

200.gif

I mean srsly ... just think about it ... in game pop would be insane. Free VR game with heavy ingame customization .. sure it would be more like FPS, but hey interaction with weapons, cars and combat would be dope. lmao Social dist. could be like VRchat.... 

~yeah im idiot.

• Like 1

i can't even imagine how much work this would involve lol

25 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

Social dist. could be like VRchat...

I'd actually really enjoy that!

Why not adding horses since this forum became a meme itself.

PS Oh, and also jetpacks, cuz why not, who doesn't want gameplay- style like GTA SAMP inside APB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AlishaHutt said:

Why not adding horses

Ohh pet system .. 

200.gif

• Thanks 1

I never used VR headset but I always thought it works for first person camera and not third person camera like APB is built around. Correct me if I am wrong.

Having half players in one mode and half to the other will most certainly create an unbalanced PvP experience. 

16 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

I never used VR headset but I always thought it works for first person camera and not third person camera like APB is built around. Correct me if I am wrong.

Having half players in one mode and half to the other will most certainly create an unbalanced PvP experience. 

Yeah at this point APB would be more as FPS than third person ... and it would have to be at different server or something. 

Don't have VR too ...  and i know its stupid, impossible idea.

Still would be dope to play APB like this ... reload weapons like in real life .. aim like in real life etc... 

VR is the future, but this game has nothing to do with the future, especially VR for that matter.

Although i love the idea, as i am a VR enthusiast myself...

But NEVER bring VR where it has absolutely no chance to exist in your lifetime.

By far this game style will ever be revived in the future after abp completely dies off.

And if it does ever resurrect, it will be some-kind of low budget retro concept based on punk future versions that expired long time after endless disappointment from gaming industry most notorious greedy corps that will just do the same formula over and over with punk blabla each future releases, as long as the public allows it, which proves how low gamers communities have evolved in the future.

Just a concept that so far made sense with allot of previous milked titles.

The future is a shallow one for gaming industry, and VR will just be a senseless cliche in all of this for a very long time, till they make it enough micro tech to fit in a pair of glasses to please most of the humanity exigent expectations.

Edited by Vnight
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MartisLTU said:

Don't have VR too ...  and i know its stupid, impossible idea.

If a new APB was built from the ground up for a vr game then it could be done while making APB to todays standards.

No small feat of course but just stating that if plans for a foundation for this were made from the start then it most likely wouldn't be as difficult as trying to fix a ten year old game

One of the reasons I love APB is because it uses 3rd person view. Please don't take that away. 

I mean... ONLY for a social district experience. Nothing else. 

Tell that to the 13 year old adolescent who wants to stare at anime cat girls on APB in vr

I dont know where to begin on that one good or bad

Yes, let's let the same toxic community who can't be trusted with a Music/Theme Designer, immersion access to more of our senses...

Edited by KnifuWaifu
  • Like 1

I may have wasted a ton of money on APB, but I draw the line at buying VR gear for this game.

For this you need a minimum of Unreal Engine 4...

Now they will work for Unreal Engine 3.5...

Thats why i allready sad, they just Skip 3.5 and getting UE 4.25 -> 5.0.

Adding VR to the project is near simple like to add controller (from Playstation / Xbox).

But to balance the game for VR is very hard.

But VR just in Social is very easy, maybe 1 Week to implement.

Right now APB is about 2 Timelines far away.

PS: VR can be emulated on the Smartphone for an first impression.

Real VR need a real VR object.

Edited by Todesklinge