Sign in to follow this  
Matsutake

I Can't Play This Game because My Threat Level is Gold

5 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Threat and threat districts must be removed for NA server then.No point of keepin it when players cant get matches.Gonna be unbalanced but better than dead.Btw is possible to remove the threat districts and keep the player threat?So player threat/matchmaking to keep working on a district which is free for all..

We recently had no threat segregation.

Player count dropped.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

To OP: share your experience in bronze server if you accidentally drop down to silver rank

How does one even do that?

3 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Threat and threat districts must be removed for NA server then.No point of keepin it when players cant get matches.Gonna be unbalanced but better than dead.Btw is possible to remove the threat districts and keep the player threat?

bronze districts already struggle with dethreaters chasing off legitimate bronzes and silvers, opening the gates to let all the gold players in will just double down on the issue - we'll end up with dead bronze districts too because those players won't have anywhere to go to avoid being stomped, and just not play

it should be possible to remove threat specific instances and keep player threat, we've had the same situation before

12 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

How does one even do that?

Let me correct myself, I meant “accidentally”

4 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

Let me correct myself, I meant “accidentally”

Hah yes, now you make sense.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

We recently had no threat segregation.

Player count dropped.

It dropped cuz only NA server was available afaik...

adding ping will always drop player count

Edited by HighSociety
  • Like 2

On 8/8/2020 at 7:03 PM, CookiePuss said:

Players have been banned for intentionally dethreating, so you might want to keep that to yourself.

Banned since when? I assume that you're talking about those who have repeatedly done so?

1 hour ago, xHenryman90x said:

Banned since when? I assume that you're talking about those who have repeatedly done so?

I dont know how it is handled, but I would assume you get warned or temp banned first. It's hard to prove to begin with so I imagine you have to be pretty egregious to get banned.

Hahahaha, been waiting for this thread a long time, good for you, i hope things evolves accordingly for you and your kind, you all deserve what you sow.

Soon the same fate for EU servers as well, so enjoy yellows... your bundle of joy is but your milking cd's towards your demise™.

And regardless of what they say about their so called terms of whatever, ppl can't comply with it anymor,e cuz that would prolly mean banning half of the left community, as half of the playerbase are either exploiters or cheaters, the other half are afk'ers and noobs, so go figure, most ppl are just rebelous about this game, and the most to suffer from it are noobs, that check in and not long after check right out,

Games are made through noobs, not ellite spoiled yellows, unless they are over-populated, in which case yellows get all the actual deserved attention, regardless of reality of things, but here reality has been pushed as a tradition towards them yellow exploiters and since then its been a traditional ritual to always give them credits for absolutely everything in this game, previous companies weren't this obsessed with them before, but LO has developed a particular love for them, as it thinks that they are the saviors of what's left of this game, good luck there and we'll discuss this matter after this game died long ago on reddit or other forums of course.

At this point u might say that if the corporation isn't milking its clientele. the clientele is milking the corporation, lmao, so basically you should understand why most corps rather prevent being a victim by just milking what's left of any title in existence that's been very successful in the past.

I mean you should understand the mechanics here more clear than you would with a successful business.

Cuz u bunch of selfish beings will feed on it like hyenas on a putrid carcass, till nothing is left, so every business will anticipate that by exploiting ur dumbasses in most cases, why, cuz otherwise you let nothing for them to stay alive on.

Check some documentaries, you would be impressed how much animals have in common with humans.

We are called consumers for a good reason, we consume more than we should all the time.

Might as well be just called parasites.

Go figure.

Bsides the fact that corporations basically consume this planet and ours existence of course, which is taboo, so i can't talk about it u know :)))

Problem is we mostly agree with it, so it can't be anything but taboo.

Who would give us them super markets otherwise?

srry i blabbed too much...

NOT! 🙂

Edited by Vnight
  • Thanks 1

On 8/8/2020 at 4:14 AM, wHisHi said:

How can you NOT dethreat? Play on bronze server, I bet there you will find many people that used to golds but decided to dethreat in order to play this game. Judge me as much as you want but I would do the same if EU servers were empty.

silvers and high silvers will raise and lower threat naturally just playing the game.  The population is so small that there is no real balance.  You either destroy your enemy or your enemy destroys you.

• Thanks 1

I have no bronze and i must gold.

There are people who have de-threated to bronze and even green. I just want to be in the bronze server with middle-higher tier silvers where I belong; not in silver server getting constantly stomped by the same 4 people on VOIP coordinating their builds. Before you even ask; none of my friends want to play this game.

As for the bronzes who are stomped because they're new; everybody gets stomped when they're new to a game. You have no experience or gear and that's something the devs should be looking into, and I think the easier rental of legendary weapons should make it a lot easier for more dedicated newbies to have more fun and have a step up against the competition.

I've lost to new bronzes with better aim. Just because I have a lot of hours in a game doesn't mean I'm good or anything.

When I mentioned de-threating, I meant just until the point I hit silver and then I stop, and I always feel bad to do it on a mission with other people. I usually wait for people to abandon, which happens a lot, and plus, you can only suicide a few times before you get kicked, so you always run the risk of an accidental suicide during the rest of the mission and losing your dethreat progress anyways.

I really think for things to change, there needs to be a fundamental re-tooling of how the game works. It's just far too easy for experienced players to coordinate and use cheesy areas/tactics, knowing full well the exact spawn points and mission points for everything. I just don't care enough to be that good at the game. I just want to have a bit of fun.

Besides all that, I had to get to 195 to put mobile radar tower into my vehicle and complete my remote detonator build (brick, explo 3, tower, ram 3) so I'm pretty pissed. It's not difficult to remember a vehicle. I've been victim to it too, I just remember the vehicle and it doesn't happen again. Now I have to re-tool my build. Having a bit of fun was one of the few ways I was able to play a little harder and now I just have to shooty shooty meta car spawner crap again.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Phrozen said:

~snip~

>doesn't want to get stomped in silver districts

>says bronze players have to just deal with getting stomped

Ok bud

19 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

>doesn't want to get stomped in silver districts

>says bronze players have to just deal with getting stomped

Ok bud

Mixing up all threat levels in districts will make a game session more enjoyable... 

regardless what u think / talk about it! 

What we have now is limiting the MM system.

In districts without segregation we would win and lose on even level.

Not like it is now:

bronce district = more win

silver district = more lose

And again... LO did NOT try to remove it!

Player count did NOT drop cuz of no segregation it dropped cuz LO were struggeling to switch the server and only NA server was available.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HighSociety said:

Mixing up all threat levels in districts will make a game session more enjoyable... 

Agree to disagree.

Also, NA pop dropped.

Mostly low threat players saw no reason to log in just to face high gold threat players.

This is also part of why open conflict districts failed.

People want fair matches.

Edited by CookiePuss

2 hours ago, HighSociety said:

session more enjoyable... 

longer matchmaking wait times

less balanced teams

less districts to choose from

accelerated population loss due to new/low threat players quitting even faster

yeah sounds great my man

40 minutes ago, 404 said:

less districts to choose from

What? 

U think without threat segregation there would be less districts (than 1 silver that is always full and 1 bronce) to choose from 🤔

Tell me how...

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Also, NA pop dropped.

Mostly low threat players saw no reason to log in just to face high gold threat players.

If u say so... i see u must be talking to the players who didn't play 😁

Totally can not be the case that it dropped cuz nobody wanna play with or against high ping players

--------------------------------

Sure we are just waiting for the Engine Upgrade, Phasing, Matchmaking and Threat rework...

It's way beyond frustrating at this time.

New players leave cuz they are kittens and don't enjoy the Matches.

Veteran players leave / don't play cuz they can't play.

Also LO turned down the communication to minimum. Yea there is the Engine thread but nothing else with "real content" , no statements, nothing...

Starting to become old G1 again.

Feels so sad! 

Edited by HighSociety

On 8/7/2020 at 9:19 PM, 404 said:

i usually solve this issue by not playing apb

logged on and played for about 30 minutes.  It has been maybe a 10 months since I actually played.

I'm so bad I dropped back to silver because I didn't remember how to handle the weapons after coming from COD MW.  So being gold is no longer an issue for me 🙂

4 hours ago, HighSociety said:

What? 

U think without threat segregation there would be less districts (than 1 silver that is always full and 1 bronce) to choose from 🤔

Tell me how...

on na we usually have one full bronze, one partial bronze, and a partial silver - if everyone in the partial silver joins the partial bronze, the silver pop tanks and no one is going to join a nearly empty district

not to mention the pop dropping because all the bronzes quitting so they dont have to play golds, so district pop will just get even smaller

7 minutes ago, 404 said:

on na we usually have one full bronze, one partial bronze, and a partial silver - if everyone in the partial silver joins the partial bronze, the silver pop tanks and no one is going to join a nearly empty district

not to mention the pop dropping because all the bronzes quitting so they dont have to play golds, so district pop will just get even smaller

For how long you have situation like this? Dieing slowely

2 hours ago, wHisHi said:

For how long you have situation like this? Dieing slowely

yes the point is that the current slow decline is a better alternative to the "shotgun slug to apb's face" suggestion that is removing threat segregation 

34 minutes ago, 404 said:

yes the point is that the current slow decline is a better alternative to the "shotgun slug to apb's face" suggestion that is removing threat segregation 

Segregation shot APB in the head. Removing it now would be two tapping.

On 8/8/2020 at 3:35 AM, EvaPooh said:

Leveling from R220-255 was absolutely dreadful. Somedays I just wasn't allowed to progress because Waterfront was the chosen district for NA pop. to play on that day.

I can't wait for region selection, I'll take the insane ping if I can actually get standing.

What about if their patootie is too big to fit in their pants but they wear them anyway cause they're delusional and dumb and then try to convince me the whole match that they really do look good in them but I know it's just bullcrap and on some deeper level they know it too, right?

Y'know, like the poster above me.

I hated this, back when I played with one of my Crims (I made an alt. character that I would only level up if a Legendary primary and secondary weapon were equipped). There was a time where, only on the weekends & holiday events, could I get the appropriate district to play in. Getting standing was so sluggish.

On 8/8/2020 at 10:14 AM, wHisHi said:

How can you NOT dethreat? Play on bronze server, I bet there you will find many people that used to golds but decided to dethreat in order to play this game. Judge me as much as you want but I would do the same if EU servers were empty.

It's bannable, my teammates may report me for the pure mischief and shenanigans I caused for them, and I bet it takes, I dunno, Demerits to get there... it also makes for "good gameplay," which I'm sure was unintended... It's essentially exploitative. Not gonna do it.

On 8/8/2020 at 1:05 PM, AlishaHutt said:

I just not play serious anymore since years, i just play for fun, relaxed.

That's why i am silver, if i'd play serious i will probably become gold and then when i join inside any silver district it will be sort of painful because im not addicted to the tryhard-cheaty style.

So i just chill and play, which is a better way to handle this game.

There sure is a better way to handle this game and LO is proving that. But hey, that's fine with me. As long as you're putting effort into the objective, I'm good. You could roll up with a HMS on an SMG and I wouldn't bat an eye--I'd burst out laughing.

On 8/8/2020 at 4:03 PM, Phrozen said:

I'm not gold, I'm butter. I melt in the heat. I dethreat to have fun. If game isn't fun I don't play. I found a way to make it fun. It's a fundamental problem with the game that I hope the new devs can fix somehow.

I hope they find a fix for this too. In the meantime, don't dethreat with intent. This ruins the Threat system by enabling false-positives on matchmaking.

On 8/9/2020 at 1:20 PM, Phrozen said:

This was a good while ago. I haven't played in roughly 3-5 years.

If they don't want people to do this, then they should remove the penalty from suicide. Problem solved. You'll still lose threat from being a dingus. Won't stop me from just running towards the enemy and dying.

Wow... So you're just gonna, "Well, I'll find another way to exploit the Threat system," and move on? smh

Merged.

On 8/9/2020 at 7:09 PM, wHisHi said:

To OP: share your experience in bronze server if you accidentally drop down to silver rank

No. Because by the time I drop to Silver, it won't matter--Threat Segregation will be gone... I hope.

On 8/10/2020 at 12:44 AM, Vnight said:

Hahahaha, been waiting for this thread a long time, good for you, i hope things evolves accordingly for you and your kind, you all deserve what you sow.

Soon the same fate for EU servers as well, so enjoy yellows... your bundle of joy is but your milking cd's towards your demise™.

And regardless of what they say about their so called terms of whatever, ppl can't comply with it anymor,e cuz that would prolly mean banning half of the left community, as half of the playerbase are either exploiters or cheaters, the other half are afk'ers and noobs, so go figure, most ppl are just rebelous about this game, and the most to suffer from it are noobs, that check in and not long after check right out,

Games are made through noobs, not ellite spoiled yellows, unless they are over-populated, in which case yellows get all the actual deserved attention, regardless of reality of things, but here reality has been pushed as a tradition towards them yellow exploiters and since then its been a traditional ritual to always give them credits for absolutely everything in this game, previous companies weren't this obsessed with them before, but LO has developed a particular love for them, as it thinks that they are the saviors of what's left of this game, good luck there and we'll discuss this matter after this game died long ago on reddit or other forums of course.

At this point u might say that if the corporation isn't milking its clientele. the clientele is milking the corporation, lmao, so basically you should understand why most corps rather prevent being a victim by just milking what's left of any title in existence that's been very successful in the past.

I mean you should understand the mechanics here more clear than you would with a successful business.

Cuz u bunch of selfish beings will feed on it like hyenas on a putrid carcass, till nothing is left, so every business will anticipate that by exploiting ur dumbasses in most cases, why, cuz otherwise you let nothing for them to stay alive on.

Check some documentaries, you would be impressed how much animals have in common with humans.

We are called consumers for a good reason, we consume more than we should all the time.

Might as well be just called parasites.

Go figure.

Bsides the fact that corporations basically consume this planet and ours existence of course, which is taboo, so i can't talk about it u know :)))

Problem is we mostly agree with it, so it can't be anything but taboo.

Who would give us them super markets otherwise?

srry i blabbed too much...

NOT! 🙂

Huh? Good for me? And all Golds unwilling to exploit the system to experience the core gameplay in Mission Districts? And what're you blabbering about?

On 8/10/2020 at 3:32 PM, CookiePuss said:

Agree to disagree.

Also, NA pop dropped.

This is also part of why open conflict districts failed.

People want fair matches.

Really? I thought conflict districts failed because they were marketed as for gathering data to improve matchmaking. Not really inviting or an essential experience of APB. It was really like a holiday/event district: Populated at first, empty at last.

12 hours ago, 404 said:

I meant, how many months you are in this situation?

Sign in to follow this