Sign in to follow this  
Matsutake

I Can't Play This Game because My Threat Level is Gold

My threat level is preventing me from playing in Mission Districts--these Districts, Silver and Gold instances, are consistently empty in NA-West... and I'd rather not take the chance of playing on Eastside servers. The Lag, especially on APB servers (I don't get why this game isn't even in Guiness World Records yet, for the strangest, lasting server latency spikes and attacks) makes for some... latent interactions. I will not dethreat.

My threat level, after not playing actively for years, is preventing me to play in populated Mission Districts. The "Green" and "Bronze" instances, typically, having a lofty population. I will not dethreat.

My threat level is a false representation of my recent matches, and it seems to be unhindered by those losses. Took some hefty L's. I haven't played actively for years--makes me wonder why time spent logged-off isn't a factor... I will not dethreat.

My threat level intimidates and surprises players--BEFORE the match has lasted for 20 seconds and BEFORE any attack/engagement happens, players say and /whisper things like "please, go easy on me." or "oh, we got a good player!" Then there are skilled players that expect as much as them and, if you've under-performed when you last played with them, even while being the same threat level as them, will /abandonmission because you're "not good." Threat level is a problem... and yet, I will not dethreat.

My threat level, separates me from this game, more than the cheaters (that I can /report--problem solved), toxic remarks of players (that I can /ignore--problem solved), and slow updates/fixes/balances (that I can, and will, wait for--problem solved) to the game. My threat level bars me--not like I can " / " my way out of this one. I will not dethreat.

Dethreating is a bannable offense, no? And yet, for me, and other Gold Threat players, whether they're in a decently populated server or not, dethreating is a potential gateway that grants passage to a far out gaming experience: the APB:R experience.
Again. I will not dethreat. I cannot dethreat. Please, absolve us of Threat Segregation, and maybe remove threat as a whole, and allow us to play the game.

P.S. Don't /abandonmission because "this teammate sucked" and are not as "good" as you. You can't win all matches. Accept loss. Put your pride aside and do what you came to do: play the game...
To new and less-experienced players: Play. Keep playing. Don't let the negativity and hatred of another player hinder your play. You've your play-style and that's what you want. Don't let someone force you to change the primary weapon you wanted--you make that decision yourself. Maybe you like to adapt to different scenarios and will change equipment accordingly. That's okay. Maybe you like to explode a man, so you'll use explosives. That's okay. Remember to consider your movements and attacks with your team, in accordance to the objective. Playing against a high Rating/Threat player? Look at this as an opportunity to improve and further tune your playstyle... Whether you win or not, keep on keeping on.

INB4 Not another Threat Segregation thread

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Matsutake said:

INB4 Not another Threat Segregation thread

Beat me to it.

i usually solve this issue by not playing apb

• Thanks 2

The lag from west to east is fine. Perfectly playable.

Trust me.

1 hour ago, Matsutake said:

My threat level is preventing me from playing in Mission Districts--these Districts, Silver and Gold instances, are consistently empty in NA-West... and I'd rather not take the chance of playing on Eastside servers. The Lag, especially on APB servers (I don't get why this game isn't even in Guiness World Records yet, for the strangest, lasting server latency spikes and attacks) makes for some... latent interactions. I will not dethreat.

Leveling from R220-255 was absolutely dreadful. Somedays I just wasn't allowed to progress because Waterfront was the chosen district for NA pop. to play on that day.

I can't wait for region selection, I'll take the insane ping if I can actually get standing.

53 minutes ago, Matsutake said:

P.S. Don't /abandonmission because "this teammate sucked" and are not as "good" as you.

What about if their patootie is too big to fit in their pants but they wear them anyway cause they're delusional and dumb and then try to convince me the whole match that they really do look good in them but I know it's just bullcrap and on some deeper level they know it too, right?

Y'know, like the poster above me.

• Like 1

How can you NOT dethreat? Play on bronze server, I bet there you will find many people that used to golds but decided to dethreat in order to play this game. Judge me as much as you want but I would do the same if EU servers were empty.

• Like 1

I just not play serious anymore since years, i just play for fun, relaxed.

That's why i am silver, if i'd play serious i will probably become gold and then when i join inside any silver district it will be sort of painful because im not addicted to the tryhard-cheaty style.

So i just chill and play, which is a better way to handle this game.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AlishaHutt said:

the tryhard-cheaty style

Ok bud.

Keep preying on new players. Very cool.

9 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Ok bud.

Keep preying on new players. Very cool.

I'm 99% sure Hutt is bronze/silver. Not tryhard.

I'm not gold, I'm butter. I melt in the heat. I dethreat to have fun. If game isn't fun I don't play. I found a way to make it fun. It's a fundamental problem with the game that I hope the new devs can fix somehow.

1 hour ago, Phrozen said:

I dethreat

Players have been banned for intentionally dethreating, so you might want to keep that to yourself.

Edited by CookiePuss

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Players have been banned for intentionally dethreating, so you might want to keep that to yourself.

You mean LO looks at /report once in a blue moon?

1 hour ago, SquirrelFace said:

You mean LO looks at /report once in a blue moon?

Why wouldn't they?

The Problem is the threat segregation 😉

But yea let them say / think what they want... 

I turned down my APB time too.

With threat segregation i simply get one of those:

A: some ok and many too hard games in silver district

B: some ok and many too easy games in bronze district

But yea i still kinda believe in LO, but maybe just cuz i payed them SEVERAL full priced AAA games since they took over.

Edited by HighSociety

19 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

This was a good while ago. I haven't played in roughly 3-5 years.

If they don't want people to do this, then they should remove the penalty from suicide. Problem solved. You'll still lose threat from being a dingus. Won't stop me from just running towards the enemy and dying.

3 hours ago, Phrozen said:

This was a good while ago. I haven't played in roughly 3-5 years.

If they don't want people to do this, then they should remove the penalty from suicide. Problem solved. You'll still lose threat from being a dingus. Won't stop me from just running towards the enemy and dying.

Get one kill. Do nothing for rest of mission.

There is no suicide needed.

27 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Get one kill. Do nothing for rest of mission.

There is no suicide needed.

I dont think you even need points anymore.

So even dumb dumbs can DT now.

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I dont think you even need points anymore.

So even dumb dumbs can DT now.

Pretty sure your threat does not change unless you have at least 100 score and 1 kill. 

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Pretty sure your threat does not change unless you have at least 100 score and 1 kill. 

It definitely used to.

Honestly my brains so scrambled lately I could be wrong, but I think I was told otherwise.

Just now, CookiePuss said:

It definitely used to.

Honestly my brains so scrambled lately I could be wrong, but I think I was told otherwise.

Pretty sure it has always been like that to stop people from getting called in as backup right as the mission ends from losing threat.

1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Pretty sure it has always been like that to stop people from getting called in as backup right as the mission ends from losing threat.

I'll ask when I get a chance.

3 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

iirc you don't get credit for a mission unless you have more than 100 points , whether you have a kill or not

To OP: share your experience in bronze server if you accidentally drop down to silver rank

Threat and threat districts must be removed for NA server then.No point of keepin it when players cant get matches.Gonna be unbalanced but better than dead.Btw is possible to remove the threat districts and keep the player threat?So player threat/matchmaking to keep working on a district which is free for all..

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this