Nafryti

Marketplace author theft?

On 8/7/2020 at 11:02 PM, Nafryti said:

this player named Removed playername ~@mayii just bought all my cheap Symbols and is reselling them for a HUGE markup, i wouldn't normally have a problem with it, except, no one bought them when i wanted 10x what i put them up as they are now, and he's posted them up to 6 digits... (i sold in 4 digits)

I feel like this is a huge offense, not only was i not able to sell them for what i wanted, but now he's making MY work look like his, and for MUCH more than i wanted to begin with (5 digits).

I can't be the only one who's being literally spit in the face about this... its borderline plagiarism, and i was never once asked if he could profit of MY works like that...

I would have been fine if he asked me, but since he just went out and did it... i feel like other peoples works shouldn't be allowed to be resold by someone else... Hell, i didn't know you could do that, and i wouldn't have suspected him for it if he didn't buy duplicates of my symbols.  I went through the mail, collected my couple grand across 6 or so emails, and though "well thats strange how the same person is buying all the symbols, not really fair to the rest who would want them" so then i thought, wait, can you resell other peoples things on marketplace? searched his name in marketplace, boom, all the symbols i've made he's selling at 6 digit prices, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!?

Now i'm not sure HOW offended anyone else would be for their HARD WORKED symbol being sold by someone else at a MUCH higher price than what you had already intended to buy it for, BUT, this is disgusting to me.  I feel violated, like my right to sell on the marketplace is just a joke, like the YEARS i spent fine tuning the ASYLUM symbol is just an insulting joke.  Like the amount of detail i poured over the Mortal Kombat logo, amounts to nothing.  While browsing the listings it doesn't say THAT I MADE THEM, just that HE POSTED THEM.  WHAT THE HELL?!!?

IT MAY AS WELL SAY HE MADE THEM!

I'm already having one hell of a time with latency, now i have to be Removed inappropriate language ~@mayii of my hard worked symbols?  I'm not sure how much more horseshit i can take.  This is something that NEEDS attention right now LO, i had no idea you could steal other peoples works and resell them for YOUR profit, I think you shouldn't be able to resell them AT ALL.  You bought them, you either use them, or delete them, idc, but you sure as hell are NOT PROFITING OFF OF MY FUCKING EFFORTS!

WHO THE HELL ELSE HAS HAD THIS HAPPEN TO THEM?!  AND WHERE ARE THE POSTS ABOUT IT, I'M MAD YES, I WANNA HEAR HOW MAD YOU ARE TOO.

I don’t remember Apple crying when every brands stoled IPhone X design 

Made more than 400 symbols.

Never sold them for more than 50k.

I see them daily being sold for hundreds of thousands.

I dont care because I'm still sitting on nearly 100mil.

Stop crying and get hustling

• Like 1

Hate to say it, welcome to marketing in general. Same stuff happens on eBay, gumtree, you name it.

Item flipping is a common practice in many other games with player markets. Buy low, sell high.

If you can't handle that possibility, advertise your stuff, but don't sell it on the player marketplace. Sell it through the trade system and put them for higher prices. It'll still get flipped by someone, but at least your revenue will be higher.

Theme makers have the same issue. People will rip the entire theme off someone, remake it under their name and sell it for ludicrous prices. Basically, exclusive themes sent to friends become public overnight if you're not careful.

Edited by Kempington

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Made more than 400 symbols.

Never sold them for more than 50k.

I see them daily being sold for hundreds of thousands.

I dont care because I'm still sitting on nearly 100mil.

Stop crying and get hustling

Your symbols aren't worth even 50k.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Your symbols aren't worth even 50k.

That's why I discount them to $1 now.

Just now, CookiePuss said:

That's why I discount them to $1 now.

Send me some for 0$ then.

7 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Send me some for 0$ then.

All you had to do was ask.;)

9 hours ago, Nafryti said:

They only say who made it after purchase, while its up in marketplace it has his name on it like he made it.  Which is infuriating, but i suppose that's what he was going for anyways, fuck sake, you know APB trolls getting bored when they have to troll the marketplace

all player items have a "created by" line in their description

On 8/8/2020 at 1:00 AM, SquirrelFace said:

Keep making copies for them to buy. Milk em of all their cash. If you jacking the price up does not sell, then them jacking it up won't sell either. Besides, I doubt you're getting over $100K/h like you can get ram raiding.

Bruh, ever heard of passive income?
and besides taking account how much time it takes to put them on sale after every 24h, symbols make you way more money than 100k/hour of real labor.

4 hours ago, Kempington said:

Hate to say it, welcome to marketing in general. Same stuff happens on eBay, gumtree, you name it.

Item flipping is a common practice in many other games with player markets. Buy low, sell high.

If you can't handle that possibility, advertise your stuff, but don't sell it on the player marketplace. Sell it through the trade system and put them for higher prices. It'll still get flipped by someone, but at least your revenue will be higher.

Theme makers have the same issue. People will rip the entire theme off someone, remake it under their name and sell it for ludicrous prices. Basically, exclusive themes sent to friends become public overnight if you're not careful.

this is how I made a few billion in SWTOR.  I just bought up a lot of specific items when they were cheap/newly released on sale then resell them months later.

12 hours ago, Nafryti said:

This hadn't crossed my mind in the moment.

as long as you keep duplicating them for the price you sell at then no one in their right mind will buy from someone who overpriced them.

flood the market !

What if the original creator got a royalty percentage every time their stuff is resold. Doesn't get more fair than that.

That way people could boost the the resale price all they like as far as I'm concerned as the original creator for something.

Edited by Cr0
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Cr0 said:

What if the original creator got a royalty percentage every time their stuff is resold. Doesn't get more fair than that.

That way people could boost the the resale price all they like as far as I'm concerned as the original creator for something.

You can already print money with symbols. I dont see a reason to add to that. Also, once a player buys a thing, they own it. If someone wants to put in the time to "invest" in symbols, that seems more like a thing to encourage than inhibit. (imo)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You can already print money with symbols. I dont see a reason to add to that.

You'd probably feel differently if you didn't already have almost 100 million 🙂

5 minutes ago, Cr0 said:

You'd probably feel differently if you didn't already have almost 100 million 🙂

Ok, that's fair.

Btw if anyone wants some free symbols just DM me.

Edited by CookiePuss

I wanted to say something in your favor about this thread, but then i read your post, and all i can say its that i sell my products too, and always get ppl reseling my shit for cheaper or higher prices, but i never whine about it, cuz they just help me promote my garbage anyway.

Either way, i can't see why complain about ur issue, if other ppl seen its potential they gave u the money u asked for it, and used their own prices for ur underestimated products.

You should be grateful that they showed u the true valor of ur merch, and next time put a proper price for them.

Just joking, just keep ur merch at the same price u always sold them, cuz u will never know if that guy actually sells them or not.

Besides, why the hell do you complain at what prices other ppl sells ur shit, they gave the price u sold them for, if they can sell them at higher prices its to dumbasses that never knew about filters, or are too lazy to search through in order to find best prices.

Besides in this game allot of veterans have too much money(there is nothing you can purchase with actual ingame money nowdays, so it piles up heavily) to give a rat's patootie about inflation of certain products, so they just buy whatever pops up, that's why some noobs exploit that, but you could just make copies of it with half the products inflated, and the other normal, see how that turns out for you.

Edited by Vnight
  • Like 1

So what? You're thinking about this entirely wrong.
Sit back and watch if they DO sell. If they do, increase the price of yours and people will buy it at that price.
Price it a little lower (maybe 1000$) and undercut him.

This is market research 101 friend.
You're welcome

Edited by Goabea

13 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Ok, that's fair.

Btw if anyone wants some free symbols just DM me.

I think I asked a while ago, but you didn't respond.

Was forced to attempt making my own... I'm better with a stylus than I with symbols. 😛

9 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

I think I asked a while ago, but you didn't respond.

Was forced to attempt making my own... I'm better with a stylus than I with symbols. 😛

I am notoriously unreliable.

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I am notoriously unreliable.

can confirm :^)

You're already making money for free, just throw up a bunch of your symbols for cheaper than his? I don't see the problem.

On 8/8/2020 at 7:02 AM, Nafryti said:

While browsing the listings it doesn't say THAT I MADE THEM, just that HE POSTED THEM.  WHAT THE HELL?!!?

When someone sells an item you created it says the name of who made the item.

3kfg0.png

Next to the word "creator:"

As for the issue itself Yes It happens (even to me who barely sells anything) I got past it just think about the fact they bought it you already got their money what they do with it after that is their buisness People aren't stupid enough to buy a symbol (or in my case a plain black car) for 2x the price that the original creator is already selling it still.

Move on Just like that guy you see posting a hazardous for 14million$ doesn't mean people are buying it.

P.S I've never sold/posted a symbol I've created on the marketplace... (for a entirely stranger and Crazy reason)

ha ha ha

No seriously, you spent "years" making a symbol? what the...

Anyway you still can duplicate your symbols eternally and sell them cheaper than this dude so he'll stay with these listed up in the mp for ever.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 10:07 AM, Zolerox said:

Next to the word "creator:"

either i missed it, or its not there for Symbols.

On 8/12/2020 at 10:46 AM, Salvick said:

No seriously, you spent "years" making a symbol? what the..

you've never continually edited and updated a symbol to refine it as you unlocked things?  Artist is their own worst critic, kind of a reason i take such LONG breaks from this game specifically, I'm already being toxic to myself over shit, i don't need a bunch of snot nosed rugrats giving me more toxicity... lol, now i can't help but thinking they're exactly that.

7 hours ago, Nafryti said:

either i missed it, or its not there for Symbols.

I think that'll be option 1 

81k7bbO.png

It's there for every player item on the market