Nafryti

Marketplace author theft?

this player named Removed playername ~@mayii just bought all my cheap Symbols and is reselling them for a HUGE markup, i wouldn't normally have a problem with it, except, no one bought them when i wanted 10x what i put them up as they are now, and he's posted them up to 6 digits... (i sold in 4 digits)

I feel like this is a huge offense, not only was i not able to sell them for what i wanted, but now he's making MY work look like his, and for MUCH more than i wanted to begin with (5 digits).

I can't be the only one who's being literally spit in the face about this... its borderline plagiarism, and i was never once asked if he could profit of MY works like that...

I would have been fine if he asked me, but since he just went out and did it... i feel like other peoples works shouldn't be allowed to be resold by someone else... Hell, i didn't know you could do that, and i wouldn't have suspected him for it if he didn't buy duplicates of my symbols.  I went through the mail, collected my couple grand across 6 or so emails, and though "well thats strange how the same person is buying all the symbols, not really fair to the rest who would want them" so then i thought, wait, can you resell other peoples things on marketplace? searched his name in marketplace, boom, all the symbols i've made he's selling at 6 digit prices, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!?

Now i'm not sure HOW offended anyone else would be for their HARD WORKED symbol being sold by someone else at a MUCH higher price than what you had already intended to buy it for, BUT, this is disgusting to me.  I feel violated, like my right to sell on the marketplace is just a joke, like the YEARS i spent fine tuning the ASYLUM symbol is just an insulting joke.  Like the amount of detail i poured over the Mortal Kombat logo, amounts to nothing.  While browsing the listings it doesn't say THAT I MADE THEM, just that HE POSTED THEM.  WHAT THE HELL?!!?

IT MAY AS WELL SAY HE MADE THEM!

I'm already having one hell of a time with latency, now i have to be Removed inappropriate language ~@mayii of my hard worked symbols?  I'm not sure how much more horseshit i can take.  This is something that NEEDS attention right now LO, i had no idea you could steal other peoples works and resell them for YOUR profit, I think you shouldn't be able to resell them AT ALL.  You bought them, you either use them, or delete them, idc, but you sure as hell are NOT PROFITING OFF OF MY FUCKING EFFORTS!

WHO THE HELL ELSE HAS HAD THIS HAPPEN TO THEM?!  AND WHERE ARE THE POSTS ABOUT IT, I'M MAD YES, I WANNA HEAR HOW MAD YOU ARE TOO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's how the economy works, they were risking and speculating in hope of profit, I do not see anything controversial in this case. You've sold your symbols for the price you set, they will eventually sell it for higher, someone will be happy getting their new symbol, everyone should be content in the trade chain. 

• Like 2

Just because he is listing them doesn't mean anyone is buying them.

Is it a banana move?

Sure.

Is it against any rules?

No.

• Like 2

So... i spent a few years making a Symbol and everyone else is allowed to profit off that.. ok then, not making anything ever again for sale.  Guess this thread is case closed.

52 minutes ago, AlishaHutt said:

stop crying dude, you are hilarious, really.

oh and, fuck off.

1 minute ago, Nafryti said:

So... i spent a few years making a Symbol and everyone else is allowed to profit off that.. ok then, not making anything ever again for sale.

Do you own any of the actual rights to the symbol you made?

You don't, so people are allowed to copy/use it as they see fit.

It may be a banana move, but they're fully within their rights/options to do so

• Like 1

Keep making copies for them to buy. Milk em of all their cash. If you jacking the price up does not sell, then them jacking it up won't sell either. Besides, I doubt you're getting over $100K/h like you can get ram raiding.

Edited by SquirrelFace
  • Like 2

first off the tos you agreed to in order to play apb states that little orbit owns the rights to anything you create ingame, so there's that

second this is how a free market works lmao, he bought the symbols so they're his to do what he wants with them - in fact there's a (relatively, this is apb after all) big market based around limited and/or exclusive player made content

its bizarre to me how you've apparently played since 2013 and didn't know you could resell things on the mp, what did you think was going on when the people selling items had a different name than what was listed in the "created by" line at the top of the item information?

if its any consolation, spending years on a simple symbol like the asylum logo probably means you arent all that great, so he probably did you a favor by buying all your symbols for a loss

• Like 1

Yes, you got Removed inappropriate language ~@mayii because someone tries to resell the asylum/mortalkombat symbols that you yourself copied from someone else...

gtfo

17 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

Keep making copies for them to buy. Milk em of all their cash. If you jacking the price up does not sell, then them jacking it up won't sell either. Besides, I doubt you're getting over $100K/h like you can get ram raiding.

Symbols are insane money makers.

Once made, they can be duped and sold infinitely.  If you do the full MP stock thing you can make millions ez all while playing the game as you wish. It's almost passive income.

i wonder if its the same person who always wants to buy anime symbols for 25k but sells them for 300k 

2 hours ago, Nafryti said:

So... i spent a few years making a Symbol and everyone else is allowed to profit off that.. ok then, not making anything ever again for sale.  Guess this thread is case closed.

oh and, fuck off.

public will tend to support the original creators.

just stay cool as a cucumber and keep making the same symbols flooding the market and he has nothing to gain.

mass produce them and laugh that if he keeps doing it he loses money and you gain it

Edited by Fortune Runner

oh and, fuck off.

Your symbols will not be missed.

I would suggest getting over yourself.

This is why i dont sell symbols, i rather put them on something and sell that something. If it's cars or clothings, that doesnt matter. 

Edited by JunoSuzuki

Welcome to a free capitalist economy.

Also this just shows you are underselling yourself. Plus you are the creator, so you can just keep undercutting and getting profit if people actually buy them. The only way he earns profit is if you stop selling.

3 hours ago, 404 said:

second this is how a free market works lmao, he bought the symbols so they're his to do what he wants with them - in fact there's a (relatively, this is apb after all) big market based around limited and/or exclusive player made content

Yo you wanna buy my prop theme for 2mil?

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Is it a banana move?

+1 for banana

tenor.gif

4 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

Keep making copies for them to buy. Milk em of all their cash.

Pretty much this. Just keep putting your stuff up for cheaper (hope you made copies) and the economy (aka cheapskates) will sort them out. Sucks for those who ignore the first 6-8 pages in the symbols department because it's mostly trash back there, but those looking for a bargain will be grateful and ultimately steer the price down.

9 hours ago, Nafryti said:

It's not borderline plagiarism. First of all and most important there is name tag over creator of said symbol which is always advert in itself and link to fact that you created said symbol.

Second - you have option to copy symbols, over and over - in case of symbols and music it's even free. You sound like you just made them one-time and don't save copies which is idiotic and beyond me.

Third and last. Going back to copies - you can flood market with copies of your symbols and sell them at much lower price and honestly, what gonna that investor do? He will have to lower prices below yours to sell anything.

I mean c'mon, it doesn't take MENSA memebership to figure that out. You could even ask veterans in-game about that problem, pretty sure everyone would explain it in the same manner.

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

It's not borderline plagiarism. First of all and most important there is name tag over creator of said symbol which is always advert in itself and link to fact that you created said symbol.

Second - you have option to copy symbols, over and over - in case of symbols and music it's even free. You sound like you just made them one-time and don't save copies which is idiotic and beyond me.

Third and last. Going back to copies - you can flood market with copies of your symbols and sell them at much lower price and honestly, what gonna that investor do? He will have to lower prices below yours to sell anything.

I mean c'mon, it doesn't take MENSA memebership to figure that out. You could even ask veterans in-game about that problem, pretty sure everyone would explain it in the same manner.

If I was them I would flood the market. Then the other person has to either buy up all your stuff, which gives you profit. Or people just buy from you, which gives you profit.

This is a win win here. Wish people upcharged my stuff.

clothing, symbols and themes are amazing to sell because no one can undercut your product... you are the creator of it. when people buy it you make 80%? profit of what you set the price to? (correct me if i'm wrong)

now mods, equipment, cars... you make way less profit and you make barely any profit because everyone undercuts you or no one buys cars and you cant set just any price on because of the buy price on the npc.

you can set your symbols, themes or clothing to almost any price and if its good enough then thats the price people will have to pay to obtain it... 

Before I start talking random crap on topic all I will say, sign your artwork, on it and the file you create. For example "instert item name" design by "instert your name" and sign the art in a corner. So people will know who made it and will look you up. Even tho every item is registered to the original character name of it's creation. Also to point out if someone doesn't know when you create something new the name is limited to a short number of letter input. Save the item under some random name then later in your invetory select the "rename item" option you will have more lettering spaces available.

Now the other things.

Art theft is a big NONO in the world. So I can somewhat understand this but this is APB after all. Things work differently after all. Plus the TOS states how you don't own anything in this game, the company does.

Most cases today you can buy anything chances are you don't own it at all. For example. Good luck selling a online game or item that is locked on an account. And when time comes companies can do whatever they want with your account and content. You bought a game, the platform removes it, good luck disputing that or trying to refund, they don't give a shit. What do you think why many people quit buying digital games or quit gaming in general. Because they grew out of them? No because the reality is shit on the market, that is why.

Also in real life different companies and countries keep fucking each other for ages with products. China makes something cheap in most cases US, Canada, Germany and similar countries in power rebrand them into premium items and cash in on it bigtime. While China as a payback keeps making things that is under patented protection and keeps selling it for cheap, which is called bootleg or knockoff. This is the world we live in. China became a big economic powerhouse thanks to this. Nobody here is in the right or wrong all mentioned countries and politics have their evil deeds just comes to the point who fucks who the most.

It came to the point that not a single bolt is made in US they go for it in China.

Also I see an item online grab it for cheap I am in the power to resell that for what ever money I can. There is no rule of me not be able to do it. I bought a physical game I will resell it becasue I have the option to do it. Companies can suck my nuts if it hurts them. They should print more if they want to keep up the demands.

Again artworks in most cases work differently and I always suggest sign your work and watermark the previews online. There are lots of mostly kids who do this that just steal other people's work and repost them without credit. Some say it's free publishing some bich about how they are in a right to do so because they are spending time on it... There are lots of derranged people in the world so get prepared before you do anything.

If you are old enough there are review copies of the games or bundleded copies that state on a packaging "not for resale" or something in that fashion and you can see those exact copies being sold online and offline everywhere in the world. A single copy going through multiple owners.

• Like 1

What are you? Communist?

Hail Free Market!

On 8/7/2020 at 3:18 PM, TheJellyGoo said:

Yes, you got Removed inappropriate language ~@mayii because someone tries to resell the asylum/mortalkombat symbols that you yourself copied from someone else...

gtfo

yes i totally plagiarized the logo on second monitor from google image search, literally just "CTRL C - CTRL V'd" that shit, omg you busted me *holds up hands together* you gonna cuff me? :3 ... -.- thats what i thought now if you don't mind, gtfo.

On 8/7/2020 at 5:08 PM, Fortune Runner said:

public will tend to support the original creators.

just stay cool as a cucumber and keep making the same symbols flooding the market and he has nothing to gain.

mass produce them and laugh that if he keeps doing it he loses money and you gain it

This hadn't crossed my mind in the moment.

On 8/7/2020 at 11:24 PM, Mitne said:

1. They only say who made it after purchase, while its up in marketplace it has his name on it like he made it.  Which is infuriating, but i suppose that's what he was going for anyways, fuck sake, you know APB trolls getting bored when they have to troll the marketplace.
  2. THIS i hadn't noticed before, you're right, it doesn't cost me to copy them, and i copy them all the time.  But oh well, i'll still just hand them out for free, want one? i'll F2F trade them to you... i made AMD on Enfo and Nvidia on Crim.
  3. yeahhhhhh that sounds like a lotta work ....................................................

idk what that last bit means...

Just devalue his options by posting copies for less.

I ran into this issue and just spamed the market with so many copies he probably never made a profit.

Edited by illgot

yes i totally plagiarized the logo on second monitor from google image search, literally just "CTRL C - CTRL V'd" that shit, omg you busted me *holds up hands together* you gonna cuff me? :3 ... -.- thats what i thought now if you don't mind, gtfo.

[...]

Re-creating a visual work in a different medium or mixing/altering copyrighted images even if done so in an original way can both be plagiarism.

Just because you don't copy&paste directly doesn't mean it's not stolen. While not cuffing I will certainly call you out on your hypocrisy mister "creator".

• Like 1