Ostdarva

We are we going to finally address macros and crosshairs?

Big taboo question here.

I know it's going to be like pulling teeth for those of you who have been using macros and crosshairs as a closet crutch for years.

When will we finally address such the gross manipulation of the games mechanics in regards to macros and crosshairs?

Over the years, there has certainly been a big stink - but no real resolutions have been made to address it in a serious manner.

As a returning player, this has certainly been a recurring issue that is wearing my interest.

• Like 9

“We don’t get enough reports and complains about this issue, so no, nothing will be addressed here”. Just my speculations

• Like 1

I am interested in seeing an answer for this questions as well. I have been wondering if this was still a "grey" area when in reality this gives any one a huge disadvantage if they are not using them.

• Like 2

Do you mean like overlay crosshairs that do not interact with the game or trigger bots that work with the in game crosshairs and auto shoot when they turn red?

And macros, rapid fire macros that have no aim or triggering capabilities or triggerbots which only fire when you are passing over a target?

Because overlays you can't stop, monitors come standard with this feature.  People with stickers or dry erase markers can do this manually.

Rapid fire macros that have no aim or triggering functions like triggerbots... let people use them.  They are actually handicapping themselves as bloom will maximize almost instantly with very little control.  Unless you are a bronze player, a rapid fire macro with no aiming or triggering capabilities won't help much and at best only assist you into the high bronze to low silver skill level.

People who learn to tap fire only when over their targets will have a much higher skill level than those relying on rapid fire macro's and spraying with max bloom until the magazine runs out.

If you are talking about triggerbots, those are not tolerated.

Edited by illgot

In-game crosshairs (shaders) are not allowed any more. However crosshair overlay's are allowed for now. You can stop overlay programs but you won't be able to stop build-in crosshairs into monitors or even a blue tack mark on the middle of your screen. Matt has made a statement on this as well before.

Macro's are bannable however.

• Like 1

just turn semi- auto weapons in automatic weapons or give the option in game to autoset macros such as others games after people complain for gaming mouse or carpal tunnel  disease.

G1 and LO have already or let underpowered the TTK or range/ accuracy (or all both) of all semi-automatic weapons for the macro issue, without count "recently" in past LO got some kind of sponsor from a mouse company, it seem a lose battle, just need  to make it clear and simple 

Lo promise for some better crosshair or rework, I would like to see ( soon possible) what they will change 🥺

Edited by PingOVER9000

Crosshairs through third party programs such as hudsight, playclaw or rtss are allowed to be used, this much has been said by Matt as he realizes the desire and also impossibility of blocking overlays. Most 'Gaming' Monitors nowadays come with inbuilt Crosshair features so you will never actually be able to block these things from being used and in the worst case people will go as far as using a piece of tape on the center of their monitor.

Maybe after 2.1 LO will look at customizable crosshairs and other things to essentially have these features in the game.

As for macros, these are heavily against the terms of service as they automate processes unlike crosshair overlays that only tell you where the center of your screen is which in all honesty most people that played shooters for years can do anyways but are using one simply because it is nice to have.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ostdarva said:

as others have said, overlay crosshairs are officially allowed but anything that messes with the game files is not

on macros, they're already against the tos and little orbit did something with battleye recently that supposedly was intended to disable some popular macro software, so its something that is already being addressed

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PingOVER9000 said:

complain for gaming mouse or carpal tunnel disease.

that's basically allowing macros. there's no way to prove to LO that you indeed have hand pain so if anyone complained about macros they'd just say ''b-buh, ehm, oh well i have this disease dude i swear, its justified''

5 minutes ago, PingOVER9000 said:

just turn semi- auto weapons in automatic weapons

more of a problem than a solution. can't turn a joker carbine into full auto because then what's the point of the whole weapon class lol. It would be an assault rifle. Also you probably want it to full auto laser with 0 bloom.

for the rest of you, there's plenty of guns and playstyles for those who can't tap to a tempo. or just grab the gun and 5 minutes of your spare time to learn the click interval.

On 8/7/2020 at 9:52 PM, _chain said:

more of a problem than a solution. can't turn a joker carbine into full auto because then what's the point of the whole weapon class lol. It would be an assault rifle. Also you probably want it to full auto laser with 0 bloom.

for the rest of you, there's plenty of guns and playstyles for those who can't tap to a tempo. or just grab the gun and 5 minutes of your spare time to learn the click interval.

Thinking I used to main Oscar...

Talking of this  game based on "self assumation", thinking bad I may arrive to the conclusion "you are just one of the others" macro users  want to leave the state of things just like that  because to have your own little advantage using secondary weapons full auto.

I bet no one of you care of getting a macro for using a joker carbine, what at end you all  aim  are the secondaries,   the best ones are semiautos and pretty untouchable in TTK and accuracy during the ages.

Main reason and nobody/ you will never admit it, but it doesnt need a genius for it, so I dont care your answer or if u really used it at the end, we both know the truth around  it 😂

About the Joker carbine, with the actual stats it is very far from a  assault rifle, and also it doesnt in decent tier , it's one of the most incostitent and rng weapon of the game comparing to others.

Naming & Shaming removed.    - Azukii

Bye

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2020 at 10:47 PM, PingOVER9000 said:

Thinking I used to main Oscar...

Talking of this  game based on "self assumation", thinking bad I may arrive to the conclusion "you are just one of the others" macro users  want to leave the state of things just like that  because to have your own little advantage using secondary weapons full auto.

I bet no one of you care of getting a macro for using a joker carbine, what at end you all  aim  are the secondaries,   the best ones are semiautos and pretty untouchable in TTK and accuracy during the ages.

Main reason and nobody/ you will never admit it, but it doesnt need a genius for it, so I dont care your answer or if u really used it at the end, we both know the truth around  it 😂

About the Joker carbine, with the actual stats it is very far from a  assault rifle, and also it doesnt in decent tier , it's one of the most incostitent and rng weapon of the game comparing to others.

Naming & Shaming removed.    - Azukii

Bye

just what are you going on about my dude.

and no i don't use macro cuz macro not ok.

❤️

2 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

just turn semi- auto weapons in automatic weapons or give the option in game to autoset macros such as others games after people complain for gaming mouse or carpal tunnel  disease.

G1 and LO have already or let underpowered the TTK or range/ accuracy (or all both) of all semi-automatic weapons for the macro issue, without count "recently" in past LO got some kind of sponsor from a mouse company, it seem a lose battle, just need  to make it clear and simple 

Lo promise for some better crosshair or rework, I would like to see ( soon possible) what they will change 🥺

While I'm for making semi-auto weapons full-auto to negate the need for macros, it won't fix the real problem which is OP needing to git gud.

2 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

G1 and LO have already or let underpowered the TTK or range/ accuracy (or all both) of all semi-automatic weapons for the macro issue

1 hour ago, PingOVER9000 said:

semi auto rifles have always been one of the strongest weapon classes in apb, so i disagree with both statements here

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wHisHi said:

“We don’t get enough reports and complains about this issue, so no, nothing will be addressed here”. Just my speculations

With 400 players idk how many reports can you get.

• Like 1

People still thinking macros give an advantage in APB. 

Nice one lol.

2 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Nice one lol.

Try it time to time and tell and share your experience

5 hours ago, ZoriaDunne said:

With 400 players idk how many reports can you get.

Compare player amount : amount of reports and see RATIO. But again, seems like there is too few if they didn’t tell us anything. 

8 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

they didn’t tell us anything. 

why do you keep saying we haven't been told anything?

On 5/31/2020 at 11:00 PM, MattScott said:

However, we do have a problem right now with scripted triggerbots and aimbots. These are an entirely different category of cheat, because they are typically built with the hot key/mouse scripting systems. They are easy to spot, but they are easy to false positive. There are many legitimate uses for scripting systems, and players don't often realize they are enabled by default when they enter the game. 

With all of that in mind, once we switch to BattlEye we are going to start taking measures against the systems that these cheats are written in. This may be a little bumpy, and I guarantee some players will not read the forums and find themselves very frustrated. But I am taking this step to let all of you to know in advance, that you need to disable your macros and hot key / mouse scripting systems.

Anti-cheat will always a work in progress.

We will continue to iterate on this.

We need a level playing field for players to have fun.

Thanks,

Matt

On 9/10/2019 at 6:36 AM, Kevkof said:

https://youtu.be/EKvAdRXOeYY#t=11m01s
Q: The one thing that I think needs to be discussed really carefully, is graphical settings, the things people have done to tweaking the shaders, text edits and also what that means in the future. So kind of the two big questions I've seen asked a lot from the community is mostly what sort of modifications can they make to the game files, but more importantly, will we see features. We'll break this down into two, I'll go over both but we'll break it down into two. The second one being now that we have the Advanced Launcher on the official website and there was a previous 'knock-off one' that was being prevented and now subsequently being looked for and banned for as well. The main thing is can we expect to see those kinds of graphical option in the engine upgrade once we get to it. Is there gonna be more flexibility about what we can turn down or turn up, if we can turn any features off, that sort of thing. Lets start at the first one, now that the advanced launcher is here and it's officially linked what kind of stance do we have in terms of modifying files at all? More specifically are people allowed to do shader edits, are they allowed to use custom crosshairs, ... that sort of thing. I think people just want not so much a yes or a no, but more a "here are the lines in the sand, don't go beyond them" sort of thing.
A: The general rule is, you can edit the config files, that's what the game edits when it saves settings and certainly those are editable files. That's what the Advanced Launcher edits, editing config files you're good to go. Editing shaders is a "No, you can't edit shaders". I think there are layers there that get a little bit nuanced. The problem with editing shaders is this: It's very easy to change the shader to do things like wallhack or create transparency or add really bad, lets say egregious cheats in there that enable you to do things that you otherwise shouldn't. I do know that there are some shaders floating around that people try to use to reduce fog. That's one that I've been pretty lenient on because it does affect the performance of the game pretty radically, on average about 15-20 fps. Fog is not a gamebreaker, it doesn't give you a huge advantage. It's usually so far out on your line of sight that it's not going to help you see other players. So fog is the one place where I have gone on record and I've said "Look, I don't love it, but we are certainly not going to be banning players for disabling fog. But just know if you get in there and you start messing with shaders you're opening yourself up. That's what happened with the Russian version of the launcher, I don't believe that those guys who have been very supportive of the game had any ill will there. Easy Anti Cheat picked it up, to Easy Anti Cheat it looks like someone is hacking around in the shaders and people got banned because of it. We got a lot of very unhappy, mostly Russians because in this case the site was in Russian, players who felt that they were unjustly banned and they were like, look I've never cheated. We listened to them and looked at the logs and the launcher. Ultimately I made the decision to go ahead and roll that back, most of these players did end up getting banned for two to three weeks while we sorted that out so they still got a level of punishment there but in general I guess the message is "Don't mess with shaders, don't mess with stuff that isn't directly editable as a text/config file". You mentioned crosshairs, this is a super controversial one. Look, I can take a piece of tape and stick it in the middle of my monitor. That's not cheating right? No publisher in the world can detect a piece of tape on your monitor. Overlays have come up, currently my stance is "We're not banning for crosshair overlays, anything outside of the game. Don't go editing any of the images or any of the crosshairs ingame, don't start tweaking around with things. If you want to run something outside of the game, we can stop them but we are not going to police to that level of what's happening on your PC while you're playing the game. The trick is don't modify the files, but overlays can be used.

17 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

Try it time to time and tell and share your experience

What do you mean by this

15 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

What do you mean by this

Try macro lol

1 minute ago, wHisHi said:

Try macro lol

I have years ago. It's really not that good and makes you play worse, especially longer term.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I have years ago. It's really not that good and makes you play worse, especially longer term.

Thanks, it is something to think about before using one

1 hour ago, 404 said:

why do you keep saying we haven't been told anything?

Good information, I won’t make more noise about this

Just now, wHisHi said:

Thanks, it is something to think about before using one

Using a macro will actually decrease your IQ.

4 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Nice one lol.

In some way, yeah.

They allow abuse of every weapon which isn't automatic by making firerate impossibly perfect for anyone with human hand.

And the fact that they might be unhandy to use for macroer at certain times, honestly? Flies right over me. Cheat is cheat.

Edited by Mitne

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

In some way, yeah.

They allow abuse of every weapon which isn't automatic by making firerate impossibly perfect for anyone with human hand.

And the fact that they might be unhandy to use for macroer at certain times, honestly? Flies right over me. Cheat is cheat.

Jokes on you. You don't want your firerate impossibly perfect. Using a macro won't train your brain and hand to be dynamic. So in reality you might get some quick short term boost but are fucking yourself over long term.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1