Sign in to follow this  
Nocken

Dissapointed significantly v.2

Missions
In the current form, in my opinion, missions do not give much pleasure in performing, so it is necessary to make them more dynamic and two-sided, so that teams compete during the mission, and not divided into guards and attackers depending on who first started the mission.
rS9cnmJgbSc.jpg

Threat
Yes, this is just garbage and not a system for players. Just throw out your system and make a normal Elo-rating.

Districts
They should be to be expanded to 60-80 people each, but with one condition that you will make a system of "worlds": one single world for waiting and for each separate world without extraneous players for those who perform missions. Is it that hard?

Weapons
- Throw out your system with curves and decreasing damage – this is really nonsense. I just don't understand how it could have occurred in your mind.
- You need to worsen the spread for all new guns, especially pay attention to accuracy in the jump.
- All large-caliber sniper rifles must initially have a purple "large caliber" modifier, so that player wont be able to put other purple modifiers.
- Improve, but not return the original accuracy of the "duck" in the jump, reduce the ammunition to 3.
- Remove stun weapons like PIG and O-PGL 79 CD.
- Increase the minimum TTK for pistols to 1 second, because this is a secondary weapon, but not the main one.
- Make sure that the OSCAR is no better than standard carbines.
- Need to give a second wind to OCA: increase "Shots to Kill" of PMG to 6 and set "drop off range" to 30 m.
- ALIG: increase "hard damage" to 76 and "Accuracy Radius" to 23
and so on.

Servers
As for me, a new character for each server (NA, EU) is the last century idea (by the way, where is our server in Poland??Well, we know, it is in beta, as well as the entire APB). You must allow the player at the game's lobby level to select any server with an indication of the average ping to each server. If there are no people on one server, why not switch to another? Or do you think you will not get 30% of the revenue from this kind of "features"? Online is on its knees.
Clans
There is nothing to discuss – you need online 2K+ on average to restore clan activity
Settings
I bet you are woking with it.
Matt Stott
As usual, thank you, but I'd like to see more. Changing textures and writing a new shader is good for future, but potato settings is potato settings..

This is not everything that I would like to highlight, but anyway, it will take years for developers to do.

• Like 1

No one forces you to play the game btw.

So just quit like the most of people do.

Edited by Qevo
  • Like 1

some one is a bit butt hurt that they can't figure out how to use more then a hand full of guns/tactices 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nocken said:

Missions
In the current form, in my opinion, missions do not give much pleasure in performing, so it is necessary to make them more dynamic and two-sided, so that teams compete during the mission, and not divided into guards and attackers depending on who first started the mission.
rS9cnmJgbSc.jpg

Threat
Yes, this is just garbage and not a system for players. Just throw out your system and make a normal Elo-rating.

Districts
They should be to be expanded to 60-80 people each, but with one condition that you will make a system of "worlds": one single world for waiting and for each separate world without extraneous players for those who perform missions. Is it that hard?

Weapons
- Throw out your system with curves and decreasing damage – this is really nonsense. I just don't understand how it could have occurred in your mind.
- You need to worsen the spread for all new guns, especially pay attention to accuracy in the jump.
- All large-caliber sniper rifles must initially have a purple "large caliber" modifier, so that player wont be able to put other purple modifiers.
- Improve, but not return the original accuracy of the "duck" in the jump, reduce the ammunition to 3.
- Increase the minimum TTK for pistols to 1 second, because this is a secondary weapon, but not the main one.
- Need to give a second wind to OCA: increase "Shots to Kill" of PMG to 6 and set "drop off range" to 30 m.
and so on.

Servers
As for me, a new character for each server (NA, EU) is the last century idea (by the way, where is our server in Poland??Well, we know, it is in beta, as well as the entire APB). You must allow the player at the game's lobby level to select any server with an indication of the average ping to each server. If there are no people on one server, why not switch to another? Or do you think you will not get 30% of the revenue from this kind of "features"? Online is on its knees.
Clans
There is nothing to discuss – you need online 2K+ on average to restore clan activity
Settings
I bet you are woking with it.
Matt Stott
As usual, thank you, but I'd like to see more. Changing textures and writing a new shader is good for future, but potato settings is potato settings..

This is not everything that I would like to highlight, but anyway, it will take years for developers to do.

Related Missions:

This is an ongoing process, be sure to know that LO is trying to learn and change the system overtime.

I don't agree with your idea btw.

Related Threat:

Threat is garbage, but it has some unique things, so i'd say to rework it, not entirely remove and do from scratch.

Related Districts:

As of now alredy 40-40 make servers to struggle, we don't want LO infrastructures to blow up, so i disagree, at the moment.

There will be different changes under this thing in the future so keep thati n mind.

Related Weapons:

Disagree on everything.

Related Servers:

I don't wanna talk about this because they will be changing that as well, so no needed really to be discussed once again.

Related Clans:

Mhm, didn't got what you meant.

Related Settings:

Oke.

Imagine blaming LO for decisions that the previous company implemented while also completely ignoring the solutions that LO has made/plans to correct the bad decisions of the previous company.  

Edited by VanilleKeks
  • Like 2

On the plus side, a Polish server would be a great place to test changes to concurssion grenades, vehicle spawning, and green character mods.

3 hours ago, Nocken said:

Threat

It already is an elo rating behind the colours. It's just hidden from you.

Things like Mission balance and Threat changes are high on LO's priority list already.

Districts are already at a comfortable size, for both population density and performance. now if only there was pop to fill more than 1 of each type of district at a time...

Weapons

-- The range system does make sense, and it's actually quite simple; spend some time with it.

-- The new weapons LO has added are in a good state as far as i can tell.. none of them have particularly accurate jumpshots either. 

-- Quickswitching with Heavy HVR's is already fixed, and theres a big accuracy/damage takeup penalty now that actually IMO makes them play too slow to be viable. But it's still annoying to get hit by 85 damage in 1 shot 90m out.. so i think the fix could have been better if it was something different.

-- The Duck is fine. Scouts are fine. They're a quick LRR that only 2 shots if you don't miss. i'd rather have 5 shots as well, it feels more natural than anything less IMO. They don't need to jumpshot at rifle range despite cries from some other long time players. If you're in such a tight situation where you need the extra "dodge" to make them miss, you're close enough to be fairly accurate with the current crosshair size of the duck and other scouts.

-- This is a lazy solution to actually simple problems. The stun launcher does need it's range addressed, but that's it's only imbalance. The PIG's imbalance actually comes from Percs being as strong as they are being able to do massive amounts of stamina or hp damage with little effort, just throw them at your own feet, you win. Truth is, the pig itself already has a "gamble" built in to the fact it ony has 1 shot, and needs to be reloaded. If someone misses their PIG shot, and cant perc you, they're almost guaranteed to be dead if you play it correctly.

-- Pistols are actually in a good spot, and i think it's a sort of hallmark of APB that you can't just discount someone because they have their pistol out. They're not stronger than primaries, but they're so close in capabilities that they're still a respectable threat.

-- Try using an oscar. you'll quickly realize its actually sort of hard to hit people with it because the weapon is so accurate - and thus unforgiving. It's fine.

-- PMG does need to be addressed. The TTK is fine, but the range, especially with IR3, is insane, and has always been a standout imbalance that i am continually surprised is not yet dialed back. You can 5 shot someone with IR3 at 42m. That's not an SMG, that's something that encourages people to peck at you 50m away because they know they can do a lot of damage.

-- I'm not sure how to improve the ALIG, but it's certainly not in the group of weapons that many people consider "good". I think it's damage could be OK if it's fire rate were improved, but that chunky 'ca chunka chunka chunka' is always how you'd set it apart from the shaw because they're polar opposites.. maybe both damage stats could be dialed up a bit so it's more respectable and in line with how it sounds; but how much.. i don't know.. i always get discouraged when i think about using an ALIG.. and use something else.

As for the servers.. you have to deal with whatever ping you have to EU, since that would be your closest location. The game is simply not big enough to support servers in every individual country in eu, much like how the US servers are only on either coast, and people like me in the middle, just have to choose.

7 hours ago, Nocken said:

Missions
rS9cnmJgbSc.jpg

you didnt really elaborate enough for me to understand what you want here, but the additional image seems to imply that missions will go back and forth based on which team completes the stage?

this seems like it would greatly increase mission run times, with team A and team B ping ponging back and forth forever if they're evenly matched

i think a better solution would simply be to "copy" the more traditional format where the attacking and defending teams are swapped each stage, and the mission progresses to the final stage regardless of who wins each stage

8 hours ago, Nocken said:

Threat

we already have an elo rating, its just hidden from the player

Weapons

1. - Throw out your system with curves and decreasing damage – this is really nonsense. I just don't understand how it could have occurred in your mind.
  2. - You need to worsen the spread for all new guns, especially pay attention to accuracy in the jump.
  3. - All large-caliber sniper rifles must initially have a purple "large caliber" modifier, so that player wont be able to put other purple modifiers.
  4. - Improve, but not return the original accuracy of the "duck" in the jump, reduce the ammunition to 3.
  5. - Remove stun weapons like PIG and O-PGL 79 CD.
  6. - Increase the minimum TTK for pistols to 1 second, because this is a secondary weapon, but not the main one.
  7. - Make sure that the OSCAR is no better than standard carbines.
  8. - Need to give a second wind to OCA: increase "Shots to Kill" of PMG to 6 and set "drop off range" to 30 m.
  9. - ALIG: increase "hard damage" to 76 and "Accuracy Radius" to 23
  1. agreed, curve systems are trash
  2. definitely not, more rng is the last thing apb needs
  3. what snipers do you qualify as large caliber - if its all of them then i disagree as there are several snipers that should not receive a nerf, and if its just the hvr then why not just specifically suggest an hvr nerf?
  4. i'd like to see jumpshooting return, i think it would be balanced fairly well now that the scout has both a bolt timer and a significant sprint delay
  5. disagree, why remove weapons when they can be balanced?
  6. seems like you just have an issue with the .45 (and maybe the fr0g under 10m), but i think both guns are balanced
  7. i don't feel the oscar is better than the joker carbine
  8. the pmg only needs a range nerf, a .875s ttk would absolutely ruin the gun
  9. i wouldn't mind increased accuracy but i feel the aligs current hard damage is already very strong, especially with the recent vehicle hp rebalance

Servers

this is already something that's been stated to be in the works, i have no idea what revenue has to do with anything

6 hours ago, AlishaHutt said:

Clans

agreed, altho i think something like leaderboards that have a clan category would go a long way

Matt Stott

if this is referring to the engine upgrade, you've entirely missed the point of the engine upgrade

you didnt really elaborate enough for me to understand what you want here, but the additional image seems to imply that missions will go back and forth based on which team completes the stage?

this seems like it would greatly increase mission run times, with team A and team B ping ponging back and forth forever if they're evenly matched

i think a better solution would simply be to "copy" the more traditional format where the attacking and defending teams are swapped each stage, and the mission progresses to the final stage regardless of who wins each stage

In my point of view, you should have one timer for the whole mission. Attacking and defending in one mission sounds good too. Anyway, somehow but it's okay even now.

this is already something that's been stated to be in the works, i have no idea what revenue has to do with anything

Just imagine having new server in Poland and starting playing there from a scratch - for current online it's a big no no.

-- Try using an oscar. you'll quickly realize its actually sort of hard to hit people with it because the weapon is so accurate - and thus unforgiving. It's fine.

As for me, oscar is overpowered, to solve the problem we should start from increasing ttk.

It already is an elo rating behind the colours. It's just hidden from you.

The thing is i dont agree with it. I dont want see just gold threat or silver, i want a proper character info (when you press J) with my and others elo-rating. The problem is in bronze/silver/gold servers - we should give 'em up as well as was in the winter.

25 minutes ago, Nocken said:

As for me, oscar is overpowered, to solve the problem we should start from increasing ttk.

the oscar has a .8s ttk which is already slower than the carbine, increasing it further just makes it harder for the oscar to compete within its intended range

12 minutes ago, 404 said:

the oscar has a .8s ttk which is already slower than the carbine, increasing it further just makes it harder for the oscar to compete within its intended range

but oscar is way more mobile than carbine

24 minutes ago, Nocken said:

but oscar is way more mobile than carbine

i disagree, but even if it was that's why it has a slower ttk

the oscar has a faster marksmanship mode movement speed and thats about it, altho seeing as neither gun is really used in marksmanship mode i think that can be discarded

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 8:21 AM, VanilleKeks said:

Imagine blaming LO for decisions that the previous company implemented while also completely ignoring the solutions that LO has made/plans to correct the bad decisions of the previous company.  

some of LO's 'solutions' didn't change things that G1 did wrong.

I don't understand why they reduced the range of all Marksman weapons (well i think i do) and why they tried to change improved rifling mod... then reverted the bad change but kept the range of all the marksman weapons instead of also reverting the range nerf of them.

their solution to "car gaming" is to reduce the hp of the tank car to the point that they are not really usable anymore. the reason 'car gaming' exists was because g1 reduced the hard damage of all the guns... not because the cars have too much HP. if LO wouldve just raise hard damage of marksman weapons and ALIG, dog ear, dmr variants and even conc grenade... along with adjusting blowtorch's stats then it wouldve been a "solution" to the bad decisions that g1 made.

and their shotgun changes make no sense either.... first they made them broken then they just made all of them useless... atleast the CSG works again somewhat... too bad the only gun they got right got hit with the 'trash bin weapon' nerf... the thunder and showstopper were actually great guns and now they are useless.

1 hour ago, Motorola said:

the reason 'car gaming' exists was because g1 reduced the hard damage of all the guns... not because the cars have too much HP.

g1 increased the alig's hard damage and then a few months later they boosted the pioneer/espacio hp by 200

steel plating was also buffed to reduce its downsides at the same time

ok i didnt remember how they changed the hp of the pioneer/espacio... i remember the speed debuff reduction on steel plating.

if thats the case they shouldve just reverted the hp buff and changed the ammo count on blow torch so that you cannot sustain so much hard damage for a long period of time. the high burn fuel change makes the mod useless... the blowtorch change over nerfed it. the biggest complaint people made about 'car gaming' was when 3 people would be shooting your tank car and the blowtorch player was hiding behind it and healing through all their damage/nades for like 30 seconds straight.... its completely useless now and not worth using.

2 mods that got the 'delete this mod now its not even worth selling' treatment.

11 minutes ago, Motorola said:

ok i didnt remember how they changed the hp of the pioneer/espacio... i remember the speed debuff reduction on steel plating.

if thats the case they shouldve just reverted the hp buff and changed the ammo count on blow torch so that you cannot sustain so much hard damage for a long period of time. the high burn fuel change makes the mod useless... the blowtorch change over nerfed it. the biggest complaint people made about 'car gaming' was when 3 people would be shooting your tank car and the blowtorch player was hiding behind it and healing through all their damage/nades for like 30 seconds straight.... its completely useless now and not worth using.

2 mods that got the 'delete this mod now its not even worth selling' treatment.

realistically the hp nerf for pioneer/espacio is only 50 more than the original buff

imo high burn fuel never should have completely eliminated explosion damage, just reduced the radius (kind of like a reverse explosives mod), but i do think the new -hp downside on top of heavy vehicle hp nerf was a bit much

blowtorch outfixing every AV gun in the game was a problem, i think i would have liked to see the ammo lowered (even more) and left the repairing per second left alone to make it more like a quick fix tool instead

Oh my god. This cancer year 2020 just keeps on giving.

Edit: I am not even going to bother to explain shit.

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor

54 minutes ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

Oh my god. This cancer year 2020 just keeps on giving.

Edit: I am not even going to bother to explain shit.

Explain this shit for me.