Nafryti

Disappointed significantly.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

If you only hear one annoying death theme, just put the player on ignore.

That sounds like so much work though.

19 hours ago, Nafryti said:

I once had a laptop running a Windows Server (not sure which tbh) and i hosted a minecraft server on it that was the best minecraft server i had ever hosted.  Which bugs the hell outta me cuz i built a 24 core server (12x2CPU) to host it on and it got worse... That was long ago when i thought core counts meant something more than bragging rights.  Yeah though, Intel really nailed the market with the iGFX scene, AMD tried their best with APU's but if you wanted a decent all in one you went all Intel for a long time, even laptops with dedicated graphics from Nvidia were inferior, unless it was a discrete MXM graphics card, they were pretty inferior to the solution Intel had made.

Thats because minecraft server aka java is single core heavy which is what the goal for old CPUs was, fast clocks. Now its more cores.

14 hours ago, Nafryti said:

I LOVE THAT IMAGE!! :3 its so cute.

Awwh, thank you! ❤️

Drew it myself a while ago. ^.^

13 hours ago, Selali said:

Hey all, 

There is a lot to unpack in this thread but I wanted to directly address the issue with death themes. This is one of those things that is hard to police from our side so in the interest of trying to help combat this type of griefing we are going to be looking into adding an option in the game to just globally mute them all. Hopefully this will help out with that specific issue.

Thanks,

Selali

Please no, chief.

As others have said, that's a really overzealous way to purge just a few rotten eggs.

6 minutes ago, EvaPooh said:

As others have said, that's a really overzealous way to purge just a few rotten eggs.

It gives people the option to disable themes without having to remove the files associated with that.

That doesn't mean you have to.

If you don't want to use that option, just don't 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

It gives people the option to disable themes without having to remove the files associated with that.

That doesn't mean you have to.

If you don't want to use that option, just don't 

Ok, great, but that's not what he was saying it was for. He said specifically this change would be to help "combat this type of griefing". What I was saying is, I don't want that to be a 'case closed' type deal cause that's a specific change to help people who kinda just don't wanna listen to them at all to begin with, which is totally fair and options are nice, but yeah...

Anything short of a specific user theme mute option you're just going to miss the mark. If you have a few rotten apples in your harvest, you don't burn the entire apple tree and start over. Themes are a magical part of this game and effectively removing them isn't what a few others and I said we'd like to ideally see here.

Edited by EvaPooh

6 minutes ago, EvaPooh said:

Ok, great, but that's not what he was saying it was for. He said specifically this change would be to help "combat this type of griefing". What I was saying is, I don't want that to be a 'case closed' type deal cause that's a specific change to help people who kinda just don't wanna listen to them at all to begin with, which is totally fair and options are nice, but yeah...

Anything short of a specific user theme mute option you're just going to miss the mark. If you have a few rotten apples in your harvest, you don't burn the entire apple tree and start over. Themes are a magical part of this game and effectively removing them isn't what a few others and I said we'd like to ideally see here.

As long as there is an option to freely customize anything they would need to spend an insane amount of time to check everything.

It's just not something they'll ever be able to do unless they get a near infinite amount of staff/time.

I've already accepted they'll probably never be able to properly deal with fully as it should, so these kind of somewhat okay measures are what we'll have to settle for. At least for now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kevkof said:

As long as there is an option to freely customize anything they would need to spend an insane amount of time to check everything.

It's just not something they'll ever be able to do unless they get a near infinite amount of staff/time.

I've already accepted they'll probably never be able to properly deal with fully as it should, so these kind of somewhat okay measures are what we'll have to settle for. At least for now.

Just to be clear, I'm talking about a /ignore function that JUST disables a user's theme of your choice right there on the scoreboard permanently. There's an ignore button on the scoreboard already and it disables a user's theme, so I'm just saying make another ignore button to specifically block their theme out.

Boom! Griefers dealt with as they can't rupture your eardrum anymore.

38 minutes ago, EvaPooh said:

Just to be clear, I'm talking about a /ignore function that JUST disables a user's theme of your choice right there on the scoreboard permanently. There's an ignore button on the scoreboard already and it disables a user's theme, so I'm just saying make another ignore button to specifically block their theme out.

i'm confused on why the normal /ignore function is not adequate for this?

2 hours ago, 404 said:

i'm confused on why the normal /ignore function is not adequate for this?

Because I like the person, like to banter with them in /d, and I have nothing against them personally.

I just hate their theme.

Just remove themes.

They all sound like 90s ringtones anyways.

😛

38 minutes ago, EvaPooh said:

Because I like the person, like to banter with them in /d, and I have nothing against them personally.

I just hate their theme.

Sometimes life is about making hard choices.

I do see your point though.

12 hours ago, ViolaDeWynter said:

On this occasion you might also think about the silly looking dust/dirt layer on vehicles. Please make it an option so that every player can decide if his own vehicle gets dirty or stays clean. It makes no sense to invest many hours in the design of a vehicle to see it totally dirty after a short drive, especially since this stupid effect is only visible to the vehicle owner while other players  see it in clean condition.

Again posting in support of this. The vehicle dust layer is annoying as shit and I just want it gone.

@MattScott

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 8:16 AM, johnnails said:

ok it might be because you either don't have ssd, not win 10,or just have hardware that doesn't need it.    The other part was indexing service.  just google how to turn off windows indexing.  I don't want post links I don't trust on here.  Couldnt find one from ms site directly.    Also check your usage cause at rest you shouldn't be more than 5 or 8 percent cpu usage.  If you are something else going on.

Yeah, my OS is on SSD, and the game is on a Striped 6TB array (3x2TB) its not quite as fast as the array i have in my server (6x1TB) but they're still faster than my 500GB SSD.  Also, the CPU usage tabbed out of Social district is roughly 40% however my game has no problems with performance in Social, and idk if i mentioned earlier, i rarely see my GPU or CPU go over 70% in game.  Which, is frustrating as while i'm picking my character, and in district select screen, GPU usage is nearly 100% and the FPS is over 100FPS, which makes me think we're using the new engine already for those two places in game, at least, the usage and performance matches the experience i had in Beta then.

On 8/7/2020 at 9:09 AM, wHisHi said:

And nerf PMG. Thanks

I do agree it should be nerfed, but i also think its perfect as is for beginner players... I really hate being 2 shot by the stupid thing, when it takes me nearly 5 to kill anyone else with it.

On 8/7/2020 at 10:26 AM, Pufty said:

Haha, did I just read that before LO this game was perfectly fine? Strong opinions, poor thinking, but the idea is not bad. As you crap all over LO, they're still taking up your request and doing something about it that doesn't harm both sides of this discussion. Weird how a little more thought can go a long way.

Haha, you should take your own advice.  Now i would go into thinking for you, but i'll let you do it, since you radiate so much strong independence.

-Ugh, i tried, but i couldn't leave you in the dark, i'll do some thinking for you.  I never said the game went to shit AFTER LO took over, i said MY game went to shit AFTER BETA, and questioned whether or not a patch they made could have done it, and asked "WTF HAPPEN HERE" [can you see the difference yet? no? okay lemme elaborate] I then spoke of how the game was when i first ever played before the game was even on Steam, and how it seemed just fine to me then back when an AMD Phenom II 555 BE and an ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB were pretty mid range if not a little lower than that, and noticed how latency went to shit BACK THEN when G1 applied a patch to help players on practically PURELY ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY LAPTOPS which in turn made the game ABSOLUTE garbage for the rest who any anything stronger than a TI84 GRAPHING CALCULATOR.  [we on track now? fuck sake still not? i'm sorry but i'm running out of crayons, can you please stop eating them?] Old people make bad, new people make good, new thing look good, event after new thing made upset, me speak for answers, do brain more now?

[if you wish to carry on with anything i do wish you READ everything and apply a healthy decision making process to comprehend what you read, and if you are unclear, ask for clarity before denouncing my intelligence, intentions, and effort.  Thank you for your feedback, I hope further interactions are progressive and helpful.]

On 8/7/2020 at 10:28 AM, ViolaDeWynter said:

Please make it an option so that every player can decide if his own vehicle gets dirty or stays clean. It makes no sense to invest many hours in the design of a vehicle to see it totally dirty after a short drive, especially since this stupid effect is only visible to the vehicle owner while other players  see it in clean condition.

Gas stations clean the cars as well as repair, so... give that a try first, as i don't think the cars get dirty fast, and they don't take long to clean up, a little longer than repair.  Try it, its not hard.

Merged.

On 8/7/2020 at 11:48 AM, R3ACT3M said:

Have you tried windowed borderless? I have had experience where that can improve performance.

This was suggested to me, however did not change anything, and if i had to choose, i think it got marginally worse.

On 8/7/2020 at 2:48 PM, Shui said:

these scrubs are mad because they only see spawnpoints when they play apb

Thanks for following as i requested, you're such a team player and your sportsman like conduct is that what is needed in our games struggling times... is what i woulda said had it been any of that.  You're done here, there's the door, please cease and desist this behavior on this thread.

On 8/7/2020 at 4:48 PM, Esurient said:

Thats because minecraft server aka java is single core heavy which is what the goal for old CPUs was, fast clocks. Now its more cores.

Java SDK has a multi core functionality that allows you to (if properly configured) multi-thread Java applications for a HUGE performance gain.  I'm guilty of a few things here, the CPU's were significantly slower than the laptops, and configuration never went quite right and then Java outright dropped the Multi-Thread support and it no longer worked.  Therefore, i just gave up on Minecraft server hosting entirely.

On 8/7/2020 at 6:39 PM, EvaPooh said:

Awwh, thank you! ❤️

Drew it myself a while ago. ^.^

For realsies? 0.0 i'm super jelly and curious what you'd draw me like :3

On 8/7/2020 at 7:12 PM, EvaPooh said:

Boom! Griefers dealt with as they can't rupture your eardrum anymore.

Yeah, just seems either lazy, or ignorant...  Lazy if you don't just reverse engineer the current /Ignore command or ignore button and create a button that does nearly the same thing, but doesn't block their chat.  Especially if we're saying they're not gonna be banned over intentionally attempting to physically harm other players with their theme.  Ignorant for thinking you had to make a whole new "from scratch" command script to achieve this end solution, instead of first just copying the current ignore system, and just omitting the chat portion, as it achieves exactly what we want about Themes, but we don't wanna block chats.

On 8/7/2020 at 10:40 PM, CookiePuss said:

They all sound like 90s ringtones anyways.

This kind of mindset i find incredibly unfit for anyone who is SPCT, and i fear the outcome the game will suffer because of a person like you, actively against features unique to the very game you are supposed to be supporting as SPCT... I do hope you're just joking, and that my disgusted horror is all part of a prank right now...

27 minutes ago, Nafryti said:

This kind of mindset i find incredibly unfit for anyone who is SPCT, and i fear the outcome the game will suffer because of a person like you, actively against features unique to the very game you are supposed to be supporting as SPCT... I do hope you're just joking, and that my disgusted horror is all part of a prank right now...

APB themes sound terrible.

I think you need to calm down.

Edited by CookiePuss

26 minutes ago, Nafryti said:

do you actually know what spct stands for?

37 minutes ago, 404 said:

do you actually know what spct stands for?

well, i thought it stood for San Paro City Tester, am i wrong?

3 minutes ago, Nafryti said:

well, i thought it stood for San Paro City Tester, am i wrong?

It does.

And we are players, not employees.

I am free to hate themes just as you are free to vent your rage.

On 8/7/2020 at 5:34 AM, Selali said:

Hey all, 

There is a lot to unpack in this thread but I wanted to directly address the issue with death themes. This is one of those things that is hard to police from our side so in the interest of trying to help combat this type of griefing we are going to be looking into adding an option in the game to just globally mute them all. Hopefully this will help out with that specific issue.

Thanks,

Selali

@SelaliDeath themes are a part of this game and people actually enjoy them and want their themes to be heard. Wouldn't it be better to add something that lowers their volume so they can still be heard? Something like a quiet-mode for themes would be much better than just globaly mute all themes, make them less valuable and punish a lot of people because some dorks decide its funny to earrape people and actually hurt some.

18 hours ago, JunoSuzuki said:

@SelaliDeath themes are a part of this game and people actually enjoy them and want their themes to be heard. Wouldn't it be better to add something that lowers their volume so they can still be heard? Something like a quiet-mode for themes would be much better than just globaly mute all themes, make them less valuable and punish a lot of people because some dorks decide its funny to earrape people and actually hurt some.

They are a part of this game, and some of us hate them.

It's just a new feature, you dont have to use it. Maybe a slider someday, but for now this helps.

You can already make it so graffiti can't be seen, and you can already make cars look like clay. I dont see why you shouldn't also be able to bypass the 90s ringtones that are player themes.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 5:34 AM, Selali said:

Hey all, 

Thanks,

Selali

That's a really bad idea. It will make the existence of themes pointless and most likely ruin their economy. Why would anyone buy or make themes (or at least good ones) if most likely Noone will hear them the vast majority of the time. It's as if you added a simular option like that for symbols, cars or character customization so their not visible anywhere in the game. It would ruin them too. There should be a volume slider that doesn't let you completely mute them and somehow make it impossible for them to be muted via file alteration like it's possible right now, on the new engine at least if impossible on this one. 

12 minutes ago, Senodus said:

That's a really bad idea. It will make the existence of themes pointless and most likely ruin their economy. Why would anyone buy or make themes (or at least good ones) if most likely Noone will hear them the vast majority of the time. It's as if you added a simular option like that for symbols, cars or character customization so their not visible anywhere in the game. It would ruin them too. There should be a volume slider that doesn't let you completely mute them and somehow make it impossible for them to be muted via file alteration like it's possible right now, on the new engine at least if impossible on this one. 

Anyone muting themes isnt buying them anyways.

1 hour ago, Senodus said:

It's as if you added a simular option like that for symbols, cars or character customization so their not visible anywhere in the game. It would ruin them too.

The difference between that is a symbol isn't blowing my eardrums out.

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Anyone muting themes isnt buying them anyways.

But everyone that does buy and make them right now would most likely stop if a mute option got added. Cuz why would they keep wasting money/time on something that will rarely ever be heard by anyone. 

5 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

The difference between that is a symbol isn't blowing my eardrums out.

There could still be something on it that could trigger something in certain people. But yes I know it's still not the same cuz it's not causing physical pain. That's why I think they should make a slider that allows to make them quieter without muting or introduce some kind of sound compressor like you can put on a mic for when you're screaming so it automatically lowers your gain. It could automatically lower a themes volume if it exceeded a certain threshold. 

1 hour ago, Senodus said:

But everyone that does buy and make them right now would most likely stop if a mute option got added. Cuz why would they keep wasting money/time on something that will rarely ever be heard by anyone. 

If that many people choose to mute themes, then what good are they anyways?

Oh my, did you severely compensate for that reply. Your post serves just about the same use and same reaction. J won't deny uou bring new points and already before were taken on, but in every each reply you overcompensate for what seems to be the same exact song. I hope within all those long replies with little substance you didn't forget to actually provide LO with the useful information.

Severely disappointed? Take a break.

Some points you raised I would agree if you weren't to make overdramatic posts and replies with barely any substance that I don't believe is anything new. Doesn't prove useful of my time, just as yours, to reply, but let ne just agree this time, so you don't miss my point.

Muting themes for yourself individually is a good idea and has already been confirmed to be worked on.

Performance issues have continuously been worked on without any change in efforts to make it better. I believe it's lack of data and testing that they can't approach cases like it's magic. Would be better if you left a comprehensive post and leave it at that.

Since you report worse performance on Live, I report the opposite, so it isn't black and white. 

You seemed to get more comprehensive only when you were being agreed with and actually compared information, so here... I agree with the idea, not much of the execution.