Nafryti

Disappointed significantly.

10 minutes ago, EvaPooh said:

Half of the people on my ignore list are there for that reason. Their themes are just so damn loud either on purpose to hurt your ears or just unintentionally awful because of it. Some of their themes are just song clips and sound good on principal, but because they're so loud it just ruins them and I have to /ignore.

I don't want themes to be removed from the game, they're so damn unique and fun (some are awesome), but I wish I could just mute someone's theme specifically.

Today an entire clan used to disturb with acustic ache due to death theme.
Could be nice an option for totaly block without use ignore.

• Like 1

Didn't had those isssues honestly.

APB is only fun with friends since many years.

10-4.

this is how beta ended for me ... so stop complaining @Nafryti
Threadripper 1920x RTX 2080 Super (with one one gpu GTX 1650) 32 GB of ram and nvme drives ... so yea i should be complaining not you ... but yes beta wasnt goes as good as i thinked but there are few good things i hope i will be able to help with beta as much as i can.

i could thing that you could use integrated graphics from cpu maybe thats why ? or some amd drivers interfere with nvidia drivers

--- i will leave it here ---
this is apb preset im using im getting 100+ fps with this its unsatable 100+ cause it jumps from 95 up to 140 i connected some features from well known packages for example flaws make sure to use minimal setting ingame and this as starting commands on APB.program
" -language=1031 -nomoviestartup"

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/705171280449765519/741036626091966494/APB_preset_minimal.zip

Edited by TheSxW

The problem is having to delete the sound folder and NOT having a ''mute themes'' switch instead. I'm honestly not too bothered by it but i can picture people alt tabbing out of the game to have some ear peace, doesn't sound too crazy. But if, from a community perspective, enough people see it as a problem, it should be treated as one.

And yeah, you could argument that themes are ''part of the gameplay'', but I honestly don't play the game to get musically default fortnite danced on.

I've nothing to say about the other stuff lol tough luck i guess.

1. nobody asked you to pay any money for the game

2. the game in its essence hasn't changed except for some meta changes so you're still playing the same game that you've invested in.

3. if it's not fun just don't play

4. we all have known for ages that apb:r runs like crap and you need ten times better a pc to play apb than it would take to play any game that came out in the same time period as apb:r did.

5. we are getting the best support and developement progress that we ever have from LO and they have been transparent with everything they've done so far and i strongly believe that their only intention is to revive the game that you love so much, not to kill it as you cannot kill what's already dead.

i'm not known to be the most optimistic or constructive person in this community but when i see effort and care i recognize it. you're just being very disrespectful. online gaming experience varies from player to player and no two days are the same in an online game. if you've had a couple bad days in a row, don't take it out on LO. i'm pretty sure they're not making more money than they're spending for company expenses and upgrade progress and everything they've done since they took over has been to enhance the free to play aspect of the game.

Edited by PoshDoll
  • Like 1

I have reinstalled APB completely now, and i still have the same issue of post Beta hitching.

5 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

-Signature Image-

I LOVE THAT IMAGE!! :3 its so cute.

5 hours ago, Sakebee said:
  • Find DefaultGame.ini
  • Find [APBGame.cAPBGameReplicationInfo]
    • Set m_bStatsWithPlayerData=true
    • Set m_bActorTickStats=true

I'll get this sorted and do it a little later, thank you for the PR regarding my issues.

4 hours ago, TheSxW said:

this is how beta ended for me ... so stop complaining @Nafryti

I can say with confidence your issue is heavily streaming from storage devices not fast enough to stream from, you say you're using a 1st gen Threadripper?  and did you know RTX cards are severely buggy with APB in general?  I remember it wasn't that long ago you would outright CTD with no warnings in WF if you had an RTX card.  It could be your GTX1650 that is saving you, however, i would look into your drivers for your storage, i was able to bring up 20fps by switching from the Standard SATA Driver to AMD SATA Driver, but the issue of hitching feels at random.  I've had an issue much like yours for other games in the past and its always a bottleneck of storage, also, what is your RAM? first gens weren't very good at anything over DDR4-2666 and hopefully you haven't overclocked your Threadripper, 1st Gens are notorious for underperforming with being OC'd as stupid as it sounds, i've seen it first hand.

• Thanks 1

Alright so too much stuff to read. lol    I did wanna chime in though.   Up until a few months ago I had terrible fps drops after 20 mins and static in apb for couple years.  I had to actually close game and restart it to keep playing.  It was like I had an AM radio in each ear tuned to static and loud.   People didn't like playing with me in group. 😞    I tried all kinds of things to figure it out and thought it was cause I had shorted my mobo with a standoff years ago cause it was right next to sound chip.    What it really was couple things.  First I made my gpu fans 100 percent but that wasn't even main culprit.    On windows there is some kind of bug with ahcl driver?  That will make your disk run at 100 percent usage for no reason.  I had actually put a ssd in my rig in last few months too.  Which the ssd made everything fast but that 100 percent disk usage killed me.  I'm gonna link the microsoft support page about it.  I'm fairly confident that it was same issue before ssd I just couldn't find it.    Oh and the other problem was even at rest my cpu usage was running 30% or so and when you add a game on top of that maxes out real quick.  That was stupid windows caching and file search stuff.  oh yeah its the indexing files that triggers randomly.   They also changed the name of it a time or two. So you would disable it and then boom nother update hit and it running again under another name.   Putting this out there for all.   Cause it not always the game that is causing problems with the game.

ctrl-shift-esc    is hot key for opening task manager immediately.  Check processes tab and right click somewhere and turn on the different usage columns.   Also look at the performance tab while the game is running, but first while it not and see what your machine is doing.     If you notice something amiss then go to processes tab and sort by whatever you looking for.  Say high disk usage and see if you can find the offending process.   If you need to dig deeper on the performance tab I believe there is open resource monitor link that will give you more info right away on everything running.

for ahcl driver bug info  https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/3083595/task-manager-might-show-100-disk-utilization-on-windows-10-devices-wit

Yo caring buddy john.   We all in this together.

p.s. sorry bout run ons. Momma says I dontch worry 'bout no gramarr 😉

Hey all, 

There is a lot to unpack in this thread but I wanted to directly address the issue with death themes. This is one of those things that is hard to police from our side so in the interest of trying to help combat this type of griefing we are going to be looking into adding an option in the game to just globally mute them all. Hopefully this will help out with that specific issue.

Thanks,

Selali

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Selali said:

Hey all, 

There is a lot to unpack in this thread but I wanted to directly address the issue with death themes. This is one of those things that is hard to police from our side so in the interest of trying to help combat this type of griefing we are going to be looking into adding an option in the game to just globally mute them all. Hopefully this will help out with that specific issue.

Thanks,

Selali

as someone that has themes "muted" through deleting instrument files, this is deeply appreciated.

good QoL change!

47 minutes ago, Selali said:

Hey all, 

Thanks,

Selali

Hello Selali,

I feel like this is a very bad approach to the issue given... My reason for this is due to the nature of these "toxic" or "greifing" players. If these players learn that certain people may not be able to hear their death themes, they have 2 other options... Those players may choose to play high Hz noises that only certain people can hear over VoIP, or they may choose to make a song that their vehicle plays that gives others headaches. My recommendation from a player of over 5 years is to change the current /ignore feature to /ignoreTexts, as well as adding a brand new feature labled something like /ignoreAudio. This feature would probably be a decent bit harder to code in, but will allow people to ignore other players in more ways. The /ignoreAudio feature would have to cover not only the death themes, but that players music and VoIP. 

On the other hand, players who are forced to globally mute all death themes due to health reasons will not be able to hear (I'm guessing) about 95% of the apb community's death themes, but still will be suffering due to VoIP and in-game songs.this will remove some of the cool customisation features of apb because you will no longer hear any themes such as Nyan cat, coffin dance, and many more...

Respectfully,

Asiana K.

Summary:

Muting death themes globally will not stop greifers from using other audio sharing means. Investing in a mute audio for individual players will give a better experience to players who like listening to good themes, but would turn audio off for the headache themes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Selali said:

Hey all, 

Thanks,

Selali

I hope that you'll design it so when someone mutes themes, their own theme also won't play. 

3 hours ago, johnnails said:

ctrl-shift-esc    is hot key for opening task manager immediately.  Check processes tab and right click somewhere and turn on the different usage columns.   Also look at the performance tab while the game is running, but first while it not and see what your machine is doing.     If you notice something amiss then go to processes tab and sort by whatever you looking for.  Say high disk usage and see if you can find the offending process.   If you need to dig deeper on the performance tab I believe there is open resource monitor link that will give you more info right away on everything running.

for ahcl driver bug info  https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/3083595/task-manager-might-show-100-disk-utilization-on-windows-10-devices-wit

This is something i have not heard of, but i will definitely look into it, i will inform you if it made any changes.

1 hour ago, Selali said:

we are going to be looking into adding an option in the game to just globally mute them all.

GLOBALLY muting them all will solve the problem of the griefer's themes, but its like trying to put in a nail with a sledge hammer.  You're not only fixing the issue, but you're also punishing those who put in real effort to make beautiful themes.  To mute them all uniformly because of a select few seems excessive, This is a short term fix in my opinion, while you work on a solution to individually mute themes.  So only players with the intent of harm are muted, and those who put forth effort to recreate themes from literally anywhere else, are left to share their work still.

7 hours ago, PoshDoll said:

1. nobody asked you to pay any money for the game

2. the game in its essence hasn't changed except for some meta changes so you're still playing the same game that you've invested in.

3. if it's not fun just don't play

4. we all have known for ages that apb:r runs like crap and you need ten times better a pc to play apb than it would take to play any game that came out in the same time period as apb:r did.

5. we are getting the best support and developement progress that we ever have from LO and they have been transparent with everything they've done so far and i strongly believe that their only intention is to revive the game that you love so much, not to kill it as you cannot kill what's already dead.

i'm not known to be the most optimistic or constructive person in this community but when i see effort and care i recognize it. you're just being very disrespectful. online gaming experience varies from player to player and no two days are the same in an online game. if you've had a couple bad days in a row, don't take it out on LO. i'm pretty sure they're not making more money than they're spending for company expenses and upgrade progress and everything they've done since they took over has been to enhance the free to play aspect of the game.

1. Why should it matter to you if i spent my money on the game, and why is that even part of your argument if not to make some kind of jab at me for having spent money.  I know this full well, it was my own choice to spend the money, and i did so happily, it allowed me to play how i wanted to play.  Again, this feels like you're mentioning it only to poke at the fact that i have.
  2. The game HAS changed hugely since when i first played back in, god, 2011? my Steam only says as far back as 2012 but thats probably due to it being available on Steam, which was well after i started playing it through the standalone launcher.  The game has changed significantly over the last 10 years, there was even a shader rework done, and many many latency patches applied to the game that spelled disaster for many who never had latency issues to begin with.  Saying nothing has changed is just ignorant.
  3. It is still fun in those moments when it doesn't screw up with recent latency issues.  Regardless of what you think, i do enjoy the game as a whole, always have, always will.  This is a game i love, and hate, for different reasons at the same time.  I'm sure you can understand that with your forum ethics.
  4. No arguments there, except that i've been hugely fortunate not to have a huge majority of bugs that many players seem to be frequently plagued with, like HUD glitches and corrupting game files after each play.  Though i like to think its to how well I maintain my system's health that i haven't had some of the more detrimental issues... though there were times APB would just CTD and not even say why and recheck files for it.  I think this was from trying to use NinjaRipper to grab my character though.
  5. True, LO is quite possibly the best thing that has EVER happened to APB since its conception from the original GTA creater, however, I think that statement in itself is offensive to LO, and what they're doing for the game.  Calling a game that still has over 200 players at any given time "dead" is literally an insult to anyone maintaining that game for the players currently playing, and any potential new players considering playing it will only see this and think its a ghost town with no way to play if there's no one playing it, cuz if it's dead, then its devoid of population, which, is far from the truth, I'm not saying it has the thousands that were around when i first played, but i'm also not spitting in the faces of LO staff about it either.  If it is in fact not what you mean by "dead" then perhaps a better terminology is in order as i do not find the game dead, and when someone does say "ded gaim" i can't express enough how they can easily uninstall it if its that bad for them, and how their behavior on its own, is far more toxic than the veteran players ripping apart the new Trainees.

BONUS. I believe i've had prior interaction with you before in game and out, and as much as i can tell, you're a very negative person, claiming to be a "credit where credit's due" kind of person just makes me less inclined to believe you're any more courteous to anyone else other than those in your own clique or personal friends ring.  Yes the game is different performing from person to person, no one computer built of the same parts ever truly operates the same, this is called Microsoft Probability.  Part of the reason why "turning it of and back on" is a step for tech support, because that DOES help fix issues.  One thing i've never really understood is how APB has cost billions for every company it has been with, i can't help but think poor financial management, but then again how would i know, going through school i was never given the opportunity to learn economics or proper money handling of any sort, i was basically dropped on my patootie and expected to hit the ground running.  I'm still not good with finances and for me to see this and think that, it must be very bad. 

47 minutes ago, Infinito said:

I hope that you'll design it so when someone mutes themes, their own theme also won't play. 

This... i'm not sure i understand, for instance, if i mute Mr skull shattering theme's theme, then my contact rewarded Halloween Theme should be muted too?  The theme isn't offensive in the slightest, even the Christmas Themes... Understandably if a player muted anothers theme from anyone to hear it ever again, then yes, that players theme should also be muted, but this would all be client side, or at least player side, settings and preferences.

I think a great solution that can be implemented right away is extending the /ignore list capacity to maybe 10 times the current? i know it was extended once before, but i find it funny that an ignore list should have ANY limitations... What if i just want to add everyone playing to my ignore list and play in peace, why can't there be a "ignore all" option especially for clan/friend/group invites?  Maybe i just don't want to speak to anyone or deal with anyone speaking with me, maybe i had an underwire stab me all day and i just wanna relax without having to deal with the chaos going on.

Edited by Nafryti
  • Like 2

On 8/5/2020 at 8:02 PM, Nafryti said:

I'm unsure if i should quit outright, wait until Engine upgrade is live, or TRY to play still, even though i'm clearly going to need therapy the way it is now.

Last night was the worst I have seen lag, (I saw someone jump 50m into the air then across the street stun me through cover and arrest me from 50m away).

Stutter I was able to reduce by using the advanced launcher and set world detail to shit

A good way to have fun playing APB is excepting that it's shit and hoping it will get better

But if you are experienced, I would probably wait for the beta.

Or continue to play and except the game's major flaws. 

I would love to see a theme slider or Mute theme button but it would kinda be stupid if they did that because in a way it customization. So I would say before muting someone's theme you have to hear it at least once. because while some make troll themes others have really good ones

On 8/7/2020 at 4:22 AM, johnnails said:

Well, for some reason my windows doesn't show AHCI devices, just IDE, SATA, ATAPI and there are no StorAHCI.sys drivers

Merged.

On 8/7/2020 at 7:48 AM, R3ACT3M said:

Last night was the worst I have seen lag, (I saw someone jump 50m into the air then across the street stun me through cover and arrest me from 50m away).

Stutter I was able to reduce by using the advanced launcher and set world detail to shit

A good way to have fun playing APB is excepting that it's shit and hoping it will get better

But if you are experienced, I would probably wait for the beta.

Or continue to play and except the game's major flaws. 

I would love to see a theme slider or Mute theme button but it would kinda be stupid if they did that because in a way it customization. So I would say before muting someone's theme you have to hear it at least once. because while some make troll themes others have really good ones

Well, AITA for having raged at you so much when you seem like such a nice person in Forums? i think answer is yes. I'm sorry, you seem nice.

So like, i've said before, changing the graphical detail of games does not change their performance for me... they all either run very well, or like shit... i have no control over it, sure the detail goes to hell but they still have same FPS.  Conan Exiles for example, in a Supreme Gaming server, at my base (which yes its massive, and yes, i know thats why) if i enable low end laptop mode, the FPS doesn't change. and i'm greeted with something of a mix between PS2 or Xbox360 graphics..  Now if i still had my RX 480, i would NOT have any issues, as this game, and many others, including Wildlands, ran 100FPS+ at max settings, minus the AA no a few games, but APB i was able to have it nearly locked at 101fps back when i just had the 2 60hz monitors, now i have 2 more monitors that are 144hz, and i wish i never "upgraded" to a GTX 1070 Ti.

I think i understand what you mean about the themes deal, having to hear it first before its muted, yes, this should go without saying, you don't know if Player A has an ear drum shredding theme or not, so making a blanked "mute all themes" would ruin the point of making thiemes in the first place, but to make it so you can mute those that were made to cause harm... well you wouldn't know until you heard it if it were made to cause harm, which you should then be able to say, "ok pal, thats not nice, i don't wanna hear that." and click mute.  What i think should also be done is that player gets an automatic report generated when their theme is muted because of this.

Would be nice if i didn't have to go and manually make reports all the time for a persons harmful themes.  Making an auto generated theme report for these blatantly troll themes, after clicking "mute theme" then clicking Yes or No if you wanna send the report after is perfect in my opinion.  I've stated it numerous times, G1 made these types of themes a bannable offense long ago, i think it was a mistake to rescind that decision. 

2 hours ago, Selali said:

Hey all, 

Thanks,

Selali

A bit disappointed, don't you think is exagerated to mute them all just because 1 player is toxic?

How you can think this is a right thing, just make smth like ignore list but for themes, where the game remember you added that specific player and auto-mute his/her theme/s.

Don't do this, really.

Do what i suggested.

Or i mean.. don't do nothing and peoples who jsut don't wanna hear themes they alredy removed those files from the directory, which would be same as the option you wanna add.

Just make it simple but advanced, customizable.

I really don't wanna mute them all just because i hear 1 annoying death theme.

That's.. off.

21 minutes ago, Nafryti said:

Well, for some reason my windows doesn't show AHCI devices, just IDE, SATA, ATAPI and there are no StorAHCI.sys drivers

ok it might be because you either don't have ssd, not win 10,or just have hardware that doesn't need it.    The other part was indexing service.  just google how to turn off windows indexing.  I don't want post links I don't trust on here.  Couldnt find one from ms site directly.    Also check your usage cause at rest you shouldn't be more than 5 or 8 percent cpu usage.  If you are something else going on.

1 hour ago, Nafryti said:

This... i'm not sure i understand, for instance, if i mute Mr skull shattering theme's theme, then my contact rewarded Halloween Theme should be muted too?  The theme isn't offensive in the slightest, even the Christmas Themes... Understandably if a player muted anothers theme from anyone to hear it ever again, then yes, that players theme should also be muted, but this would all be client side, or at least player side, settings and preferences.

I think a great solution that can be implemented right away is extending the /ignore list capacity to maybe 10 times the current? i know it was extended once before, but i find it funny that an ignore list should have ANY limitations... What if i just want to add everyone playing to my ignore list and play in peace, why can't there be a "ignore all" option especially for clan/friend/group invites?  Maybe i just don't want to speak to anyone or deal with anyone speaking with me, maybe i had an underwire stab me all day and i just wanna relax without having to deal with the chaos going on.

What I mean is, if they are planning on implementing a global mute button. I'd see it as following:

[  ] Mute all themes - Other players will also no longer hear your theme

Extending the ignore list is also something I would like to see though. This way players can decide to either mute everything (including their own theme) or decide to just ignore people with griefy themes.

Another solution would be to have a little mute icon next to the players name in TAB. Allowing you to mute their theme/voice and text for that mission and unmute after the mission.

3 hours ago, Selali said:

Hey all, 

Thanks,

Selali

And nerf PMG. Thanks

Haha, did I just read that before LO this game was perfectly fine? Strong opinions, poor thinking, but the idea is not bad. As you crap all over LO, they're still taking up your request and doing something about it that doesn't harm both sides of this discussion. Weird how a little more thought can go a long way.

4 hours ago, Selali said:

Hey all, 

Thanks,

Selali

This seems like a good decision.

On this occasion you might also think about the silly looking dust/dirt layer on vehicles. Please make it an option so that every player can decide if his own vehicle gets dirty or stays clean. It makes no sense to invest many hours in the design of a vehicle to see it totally dirty after a short drive, especially since this stupid effect is only visible to the vehicle owner while other players  see it in clean condition.

• Thanks 1

bro your game is lagging? bro u need to upgrade ur pc bro requires atleast 128gb ram to play APB above 60 fps without freezing every 5 seconds

5 hours ago, Nafryti said:

100FPS+ at max settings, minus the AA no a few games, but APB i was able to have it nearly locked at 101fps back when i just had the 2 60hz monitors, now i have 2 more monitors that are 144hz, and i wish i never "upgraded" to a GTX 1070 Ti.

Older games will run worst as time goes on, it's why the engine upgrade is necessary for this game to live on outside of any graphic fidelity.

low end laptop mode

Now if I had to guess, enabling laptop mode would probably drop graphics down as well as lock fps to something lower so that it is putting minimal effort on your gpu+cpu (just a guess).

changing the graphical detail of games does not change their performance for me... they all either run very well, or like shit...

kinda skipping around, but my fps didn't go up at all when setting my settings lower, I set them lower to try and reduce the stutter that I would get. I am running on a 144hz monitor with gsync and haven't had anything horrible

Have you tried windowed borderless? I have had experience where that can improve performance.

8 hours ago, Selali said:

an option in the game to just globally mute them all

That would be lovely and long time expected. In fact, it was disapointing not having that option from the start... I've been out of the game due to lack of computer good enough for APB but if this option gets into x86 version im sure i will play few missions with sound and not having to fill up the  ignore list with all opposition or at least the most annoying/fastest killers.

Death themes could be fine as it is if there was a working and fair matchmaking as geting instakilled in less than 5 seconds every respawn is annoying by itself so any Death themes can only make it worse. The ability to chose your own Death themes or disabling them all would be great.

9 hours ago, Selali said:

Hey all, 

Thanks,

Selali

these scrubs are mad because they only see spawnpoints when they play apb

6 hours ago, AlishaHutt said:

I really don't wanna mute them all just because i hear 1 annoying death theme.

If you only hear one annoying death theme, just put the player on ignore.