Nafryti

Disappointed significantly.

in the entire time i've been with APB, i spent far too much money, all in the pursuit of fun.  I've bought clothing packs, car packs, guns that look cool, etc.

LO came along and made some changes, namely the ACTUAL progression with the new engine.

I've quit several times during this upgrade fiasco, but this time i have to say i'm rather pissed at two things.

The ungodly toxicity of some players has gotten almost 10 fold worse from some over the years but thats never been a problem, i just /ignore, but the /report that "supposedly works" needs to fucking do something when a players theme purpose made to trigger debilitating migraines in those susceptible to them.  I could have a dozen children screaming their lunges out in my ear and it won't compare to that ear shattering theme.  I've basically had a migraine for the past 2 weeks because of this unacceptably allowed ear no.

I get that lag is a huge problem and players from all over the world HAVE to log into US East servers, however, why is my latency better to East than my own native West coast?  I feel like i'm imagining things but i feel like spawning players are creating huge lag spikes, at least for me, and i feel disgusting using that to my advantage in some missions. 

*Game hitches (drops to 0fps for a split second) while running around* "there's a player nearby" |or| *Game stops to 0FPS for 2 seconds* "Welp looks like they're forcing their win" *game resumes, i'm dead, or surrounded by opponents*

The final straw was shortly after the Beta of 8/1/20.  I have not really ever experienced any issues with APB so dramatic that i ever really cared in respects to lag, and the above behavior of game freezing never happened before i played Beta, but after i played Beta... i'm experiencing regret.  I wish i never played Beta if it meant giving up my sanity in Live.  I've been suffering the issue of stuttering, frame drops and freezes ever since Beta.  What really pissed me off is after i upgraded to an Nvidia GTX 1070 from an RX480 my FPS took a 20FPS drop, and it wasn't stable fps either.  

I can't even keep track with what i'm trying to say aside from...

Little Orbit, if you wanted me gone that fucking badly, rather than sabotage one of my favorite games of all time, i'd have considered the offer of a refund and a polite request for my departure.

I just want to cry now.

APB isn't fun anymore.

It's easily playable at the supposedly report 80fps but it keeps hitching and stuttering from 100fps to 60fps and it doesn't do it smoothly, it slam shifts into these rates.

I'm unsure if i should quit outright, wait until Engine upgrade is live, or TRY to play still, even though i'm clearly going to need therapy the way it is now.

Please understand, i really don't care what toxic remarks you have about me in this situation, if you feel better about yourself after saying whatever nasty thing you have to say, go for it, but i'd appreciate at least something productive to maybe help me in my situation, rather than being told to just kms, or delete windows.  I don't think i'm asking for much in that regard. and i don't consider myself anywhere near "good" or "skilled" at APB, its just a casual game for me, that used to be fun...

• Like 5

tbh i dislike how the beta is so short.

at least run it for a day or two.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nafryti said:

The ungodly toxicity of some players has gotten almost 10 fold worse from some over the years but thats never been a problem, i just /ignore, but the /report that "supposedly works" needs to fucking do something when a players theme purpose made to trigger debilitating migraines in those susceptible to them.  I could have a dozen children screaming their lunges out in my ear and it won't compare to that ear shattering theme.  I've basically had a migraine for the past 2 weeks because of this unacceptably allowed ear no.

I hear you man, and if I haven't made it clear enough before, I think those who abuse themes should have their accounts taken away and heck while I'm making myself upset again - police charges brought against them, it's disgusting that anyone stoops so low to do harm to other people. 

But FWIW - they've addressed the ear-no problem (I think it was in the QA#2, (edit yes it was the 2nd LO Q&A)) and have promised to add in a "mute theme" option, most likely, definitely, maybe with the Engine Update. Not the ideal solution, because ideally the in game Theme Designer would have some sort of protection and be able to detect damaging sequences of """music""" and not allow the theme to be saved, but knowing the pond scum who do this, they'll constantly be trying to find ways to bypass that protection and we'll be back to step one and LO will have another form of abuse besides hacking to constantly have to be fighting against, so we get the solution we deserve - just ban all themes.

If you do come back - I highly recommend deleting the Themes folder - follow Flaws' guide if you're having trouble, it's the stop-gap to saving your ears.

1 hour ago, Nafryti said:

*Game hitches (drops to 0fps for a split second) while running around* "there's a player nearby" |or| *Game stops to 0FPS for 2 seconds* "Welp looks like they're forcing their win" *game resumes, i'm dead, or surrounded by opponents*

I definitely agree, the stutters seem to be getting worse and worse. It's meant to be the memory cleaning or something? But damn I must have some spotlessly clean memory for the amount of stutters that occur in game recently. Even again following some awesome guides on increasing frame rates, the stutters are so frequent, and sometimes long and now they seem like they're big enough to notice occurring on other players, so clearly not equally stuttering everyone at once, which does, yes, feel a little dirty. I don't blame LO for this one though, it seems like trying to fix one thing breaks 12 others, I'd love for it to stop but at this point I'm too afraid to ask.

Edited by KnifuWaifu
  • Like 1

I don't really get the blaming LO aspect, saying they "sabatoged" the game, Apb has never ran well, not in the last few years at least. In my experience the servers have not felt right last few weeks, server spikes, etc. so some of the frustration is understandable.

Edited by Acornie
  • Thanks 1

On 8/6/2020 at 5:29 AM, Alani said:

tbh i dislike how the beta is so short.

at least run it for a day or two.

i agree, many other Beta's i've participated in, including an Alpha, were months long, and bugs were worked out with user feedback and patched into the client until it got ironed out.  It sounds like to me the team isn't experienced in beta testing titles.  I get you don't have a complete game and maps, but that shouldn't dissuade you from the dedication of extensive testing in beta.  a lot of console titles will go for open beta for at least a month before launch.  I think it was Socom:Confrontation that had a pretty decent Beta but tanked launch due to alienating the beta crowd. then made talks of a second, which everyone groaned at, cuz they made clear they weren't going to listen to the beta test.  BUT THAT AT LEAST LASTED A COUPLE MONTHS.

Then there's the fact that there were more players during that beta than i had seen at any one time in the last 2 months.  it was nearly double the amount of players on Live which is a clear indication that PLAYERS WANT IT.  So having the Beta for 3 hours 1 day, and then talk about releasing the upgrade very soon, then what the hell was the beta for?  I heard half the issues from the first beta test were similar issues to the launch of BF3, which makes me fear the worst for APB:R2. 

With lack of actual veteran feedback plaguing the games history and altering the game for the worst (literally G1 made a patch to artificially generate latency for players with really low latency so that with higher latency to have a chance.) HUGE portions of CONTACT LORE were rewritten to fit a more modest playerbase rather than maintaining the dark reality of sanguine followers known as the Bloodroses.  Completely removing a huge chunk of lore about Britney and her protected neighborhood, which prevented players from witnessing crims no matter what, unless they went N5 and could be killed... HOWEVER, because some stupid snot nosed illiterate brat couldn't read the damn lore, G1 moved Britney, "fixed" the neighborhood, and now the games one step further molested in and by the wrong hands.  Several places that were more than easy to clear have been blocked off, the roof of the Waterfront Port Authority now has a magic wall, cuz some noob "q.q'd" and G1, being their ever generous idiots, blocked access, another roof, made a kill zone, and another roof, by Lilith, removed an HVAC duct that was used to get up to.

G1 did make several things clear, currently it is possible to disable threat, with their "Anarchy Districts" which in my opinion were far superior, you always got op, the matchmaking was great too.  I never once had an issue getting matched with opponents who took me and used me as target practice with their SNR from across the map! (true that never happened but i'm exaggerating a little).  Clearly listening to players with only 20 hours and 8 thousands deaths is a BAD idea...   I've offered my thoughts a few times, only to be met with the dull droning of trolls choking on their own used tampons, calling me either a waste of time to even consider, or my idea was so dumb they actually thought about suicide.  I had an idea that i kinda thought LO stole with their RIOT, without knowing what RIOT was for so long i thought it was the Co-op hoard mode district i proposed years ago.  Either undead, angry civilians, military intervention, my idea was a dynamic event that would allow the living city to fight back, as i said, i was met with anything but positive words... then within the last few weeks i'm stunned to hear from a friend that they'd love to see something a little less pvp and a bit more co-op like defending against waves or something... WHAT A FUCKING SURPRISE, DIDN'T I SUGGEST THIS LONG AGO?!

Listening to the infant is just categorically wrong anyways, you don't turn to your child and ask "Little Timmy, which home owners insurance policy should i pick" you live in the fucking mountains, you don't need flood protection, YET TIMMY WANTS FLOOD PROTECTION! GEE I HOPE NOAH DOESN'T COME AROUND AGAIN!  Maybe if the mountain erupts the subsequent lava flow that floods the house moments before burning it all down, i wonder if that is covered under the flood protection LITTLE TIMMY!

Yes listening to noobs is necessary but if you're going to make HUGE, potentially game breaking decisions WHAT SAID THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA!?  Changing your game so damn much that its only a slight indication of what was once a great memory, all because LITTLE TIMMY couldn't get a kill with the then free starter SNR? now they get the Obeya semi-auto pistol, shit thats gonna get nerfed soon too!  Listen to LITTLE TIMMY and then EDUCATE LITTLE TIMMY, you made green districts so fucking useless by changing so much, im baffled why green wasn't deleted outright already!  you locked districts from players of different threats joining them, now we have golds purposely 

On 8/6/2020 at 6:28 AM, KnifuWaifu said:

just ban all themes.

G1 Declared long ago that themes that were purpose made for the intent of causing discomfort or harm were deemed bannable.  WHY WOULD SOMEONE RESCIND THAT RULING?!

On 8/6/2020 at 6:31 AM, Acornie said:

I don't really get the blaming LO aspect, saying they "sabatoged" the game,

Well, what am i supposed to believe when my game was perfectly fine and after its so bad, and if it only happened vs certain players, i'd have suspected them for lag switching, but its happening with ALL players, so unless 75% or more of the player base picked up lag switching software (w/e the fuck it is) to fuck with only me during matches, what else am i supposed to think?  I'm no stranger to being singled out by games either, i've got a 20% nerf in Star Trek Online and no one is able to replicate any high DPS build with my account, but easily do with others.

On 8/6/2020 at 6:28 AM, KnifuWaifu said:

It's meant to be the memory cleaning or something? But damn I must have some spotlessly clean memory for the amount of stutters that occur in game recently.

that reminds me, I HAVE NEVER had the "Ran out of Memory" error in all of nearly 10 years playing APB, then suddenly NOT EVEN KIDDING: *Quit APB Beta>LOAD APB Live>Load into Waterfront>Spawn Car>Look at another player while heading off------------- RAN OUT OF MEMORY*

Merged.

i DON'T understand how there are so many tutorials pointing to "just use advanced launcher" and none actually being fucking helpful about it in the slightest, like WTF IS HALF THIS SHIT?!  Why can't someone just be like, "hey, these settings help out a bit" but instead i get "MAYBE YOU SHOULD JUST TINKER WITH THE SETTINGS AND FIND OUT NOOB"

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nafryti said:

G1 Declared long ago that themes that were purpose made for the intent of causing discomfort or harm were deemed bannable.  WHY WOULD SOMEONE RESCIND THAT RULING?!

This is my bad, poor english.

What I mean is they're going to let us Mute Themes in game, not ban them entirely and AFAIK players can still get into trouble for making abusive themes, but as I said in my rant in the older thread - this still requires us to be abused in the first place, which just isn't my cup of tea.

27 minutes ago, Nafryti said:

i DON'T understand how there are so many tutorials pointing to "just use advanced launcher" and none actually being fucking helpful about it in the slightest, like WTF IS HALF THIS SHIT?!  Why can't someone just be like, "hey, these settings help out a bit" but instead i get "MAYBE YOU SHOULD JUST TINKER WITH THE SETTINGS AND FIND OUT NOOB"

Unfortunately, PCs are weird and I don't know the first thing about settings and the like, I've tried running various other people's settings and I still get issues, and frankly have given up on any settings and now just go with defaults. The problem is there just isn't a blanket solution for everyone which I guess is why they ask you to tinker with settings to find out what works. But I totally agree that if you have nfi what to tinker with, it sure doesn't help to be told to tinker, especially if you can barely tell the difference all those sliders make. And it certainly doesn't help that APB takes so long to reset and reload, even on an SDD, so you mess something up and remove all player textures but still getting 20FPS? Have fun with that 5 minute turn around time. 

And that's just with APB. Don't get me started on how frustrating it is when you get performance issues on any other games.

• Like 1

I've decided to tinkery with the settings in the configs to see about maybe making it playable again, and so far i just unlocked 30fps in social

• Like 1

Betas are games in a playable state, that are opened up privately or publicly to iron out some bugs. Rust was a beta for a long time, Deeprock Galactic is still a beta, Astroneer is a beta, Sven Coop is a beta. To give some examples. APB live version is the most close to what a beta is. But the APB in new engine version is at least a broken alpha that should never have been in the hands of the public, but it is probable that they do this because they are bleeding players FAST and they have to lure them in somehow. Just look at the steam charts, there has been an almost 50% drop in players last month. And new players come from steam, the only ones playing outside of steam are only the veterans that never left and don't really count in the numbers.

Also betas don't last a couple of hours or one day... the betas are live for long periods of time. Couple that with the fact that the devs have actually said that they knew nothing about the game and have to learn on the run about the stuff...

So I'm inclined to say that the "beta" is actually a broken alpha at best, put together by a handful of people that know nothing about developing games of this magnitude if they even know what to do (hell, their company's history is just mobile games in 2D and whatnot so it makes sense), and even less such a broken game from the getgo, with such a toxic playerbase. It is very probable that this "beta" was just what gamersfirst had years ago in the backburner that got patched up a bit to be in a workable state somehow so people could stress test and at the same time keep the hype alive about the "new engine", which is actually now obsolete as well...

Everyone I know has left the game, and some I knew just keep playing because they can hack the game easily and its fun for them to cheat in a game, adding to the toxicity of this community. So I left too. And you should as well in my opinion, bail, jump ship before it sinks, because its sinking fast. I kept looking at forums for a while to see how things were going and if it was all true, but after all I have seen so far with the beta fiasco I don't think this is going to go well, despite if the devs are actually putting some real effort on it or not. So I've decided to not even check the forums. 

If you join me on this it must be your decision and I shall not take any responsability or any accusations of attempting to make people leave the game, this is just my opinion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Musul Man said:

It is very probable that this "beta" was just what gamersfirst had years ago in the backburner that got patched up a bit to be in a workable state somehow so people could stress test and at the same time keep the hype alive about the "new engine", which is actually now obsolete as well...

consoles are what g1 had years ago, comparing the last beta to console gameplay there's a very clear difference

• Like 1

Hey I completely understand you in terms of lag and stuttering, I've had to use advanced launcher and I still get some stutters, less so than before but still happens, everyone does.

LO is aiming to fix all this but it's definitely going to take time, they're working with a broken game that another studio left behind and trying to salvage it, this mission patch was a step in the right direction and beta tests too.

If you need help with the advanced launcher feel free to DM me, i'm willing to share what settings i used.

Also some in game settings that need removed like vsync and smooth frame rate.

I'm not sure what to do about the themes, i think even if LO finds a way to fix the issue people will work around it, cuz people are really stupid. they're annoying for me too luckily i instantly mute my game then /ignore them so i can't hear it again.

And overall as someone who used to get upset like that too, my advice is to ignore all the idiots, and just try to mess around even if you lose. and remember to not care what people think about you when they beat you cuz they don't matter honestly, only people who matter are your friends. much luck to u

I enjoyed playing against ya was a lot of fun

-SpectralWave on NA

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Musul Man said:

If you join me on this it must be your decision and I shall not take any responsability or any accusations of attempting to make people leave the game, this is just my opinion.

It's kinda sad you have to disclose that about implying someone should leave for their sanity.  However, i'm not going to shy away from telling players to uninstall the game and leave after they fuzzy bunny and moan about how "dead" the game is, and that its nothing but a "failure" and they don't know why they're even bothering to play it.  I have no sympathy for people defaming the game in that manner, and i do think it would be FAR better for the new players if they anti-game trolls would leave outright, I'll begin to report them instead of just ignoring them, cuz that is just beyond disrespectful to all the efforts of the entire LO team.

2 hours ago, 404 said:

consoles are what g1 had years ago, comparing the last beta to console gameplay there's a very clear difference

From what i have read, as i did my research a while back, it was G1 who promised an engine upgrade, then after realizing they had no idea what they were doing, hired on a console conversion staff to make the game for Console, in hopes that all the work the console team did would just 1:1 translate to the engine upgrade.  Basically tripling the work load on the Console team, because not only did they have to convert the game for the Windows version of Xbox, but the linux of PS4, which in all honesty, if you reverse engineer some of the features that work in the Xbox version we may be able to extract some kind of DX12 capabilities due to the Xbox's DX11.2X version having many features from DX12 in it.  Should be interesting what they poke around and discover there... of course, AFTER upgrade.  I have stressed prioritizing the upgrade countless times.

1 hour ago, redzero35 said:

If you need help with the advanced launcher feel free to DM me, i'm willing to share what settings i used.

-SpectralWave on NA

OH HI! i wasn't sure who you were at first, thank you for that last line, i woulda been so confuse lol, I've given up on the AAPBL, i'm now directly adjusting values like "garbagecollectioninGB=9.9" i'm not sure why its 9.9GB if my GPU only has 8GB and 16GB shared system... so at first i put to 16, but figured i should try 8, but the game hardly uses any VRAM... so idk, maybe boost the VRAM too?

53 minutes ago, foscor77 said:

provide a TL;TR

I gotcha buddy -.- https://rb.gy/yr3bce

Edited by Nafryti

Yeah APB is super super un-optimized and uses 100% of my cpu/gpu, my gaming PC runs it at 60 frames on max but drops to 40 and stutters on combat
If you want to match what I did it's super simple I didn't go to deep into it and i found that it helped a lot (in my case) I did the following: on compat options I didn't touch anything, I only messed with textures and other, what I did was move all the sliders to low quality except, character textures, player vehicle textures, and primitive textures.  Prop textures is on 16, used to have it on low but not seeing through fences kinda sucked.

If this doesn't suck, I can also recommend Flaws config, on his twitch channel. 
twitch.tv/flvws/about 

it takes a second to figure it out but he put a lot of txt files explaining everything in there thankfully.

if that stuff doesn't work, don't give up, APB is just hella unoptimized and incompatible with most systems, even more incompatible with some than others. you'll find a way to make it mostly stable, but for now I have high hopes for all the beta tests they still need work but they're going in the right direction. All the top streamers are giving feedback on it, as well as everyone who tested it. 

What helps me not get mad when there's lag and stutters and stuff is to just laugh it off, even easier if playing with friends, we have way more fun when we're relaxed.

Also make sure to disable anything running in the background all I ever have running is steam, discord and the software for my razer keyboard. I generally close discord and steam windows though because if there's images loaded or gifs or anything like that it lags me out on apb. 

You've probably seen/heard all I said here but I hope this helps a bit.

side note, I don't know how to edit in these forums, I wrote "If this doesn't suck" instead of "If this doesn't work" haha my bad.

another side note, posts merge, okay o.o

Merged.

I wanted to add to the other topic being discussed, I just wanna say if someone's 'sanity' is being affected by any game they should quit, take a break or approach video games with a different mentality.
I don't think this is on APB in this case. and this is someone who used to rage at games all the time even single player. Game safe lads ❤️

edit: coming from someone*

• Like 1

I couldnt log in to the beta at all. I have only a R7 370 graphic card at the moment. But they could still turn this around. At this point i just want to see what this engine upgrade will bring to this game after 7 years  since it's been announced.

About the toxicity, this game is dying because of that mainly. Some ppl lives revolves about winning, no matter how. Im absolutly ok with losing, im ok with playing against cheaters, im ok with playing in disadvanage, because when i get frustrated i can change district or take a break. But when 8/10 games the opposition and my team insult me, i cant take it (some ppl might be fine with it, but this is not enjoyable for me and like it was said before the ignore list is not enough). 

Fortunately, i got out of this game 6 yeas ago & played only occasionally. I went on to do something with my life that i coundnt do if i kept playing this.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nafryti said:

From what i have read, as i did my research a while back, it was G1 who promised an engine upgrade, then after realizing they had no idea what they were doing, hired on a console conversion staff to make the game for Console, in hopes that all the work the console team did would just 1:1 translate to the engine upgrade.  Basically tripling the work load on the Console team, because not only did they have to convert the game for the Windows version of Xbox, but the linux of PS4, which in all honesty, if you reverse engineer some of the features that work in the Xbox version we may be able to extract some kind of DX12 capabilities due to the Xbox's DX11.2X version having many features from DX12 in it.  Should be interesting what they poke around and discover there... of course, AFTER upgrade.  I have stressed prioritizing the upgrade countless times.

g1 sold the console publishing rights to another company (deep silver), who contracted out the console engine upgrade to another dev team (the workshop)

that dev team didnt or couldnt complete the console engine upgrade, and g1 was forced to step in and attempt to finish within essentially an impossible timeframe (something like a year iirc)

• Like 1

Good place for me to rant.

After update, game crashes every 20-30 minuts. 
Before an update, game would crash every 2-3 days, If I play every single day.

i3 3320, GTX650Ti, 4GB RAM, HDD.

Hey everyone - a few of you have mentioned that you feel like latency spikes/stuttering have increased recently. If this is the case for you, please send latency tests and game logs my way. This will help us chase down what might be causing the issue. Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Nafryti said:

in the entire time i've been with APB, i spent far too much money, all in the pursuit of fun.  I've bought clothing packs, car packs, guns that look cool, etc.

LO came along and made some changes, namely the ACTUAL progression with the new engine.

I've quit several times during this upgrade fiasco, but this time i have to say i'm rather pissed at two things.

I get that lag is a huge problem and players from all over the world HAVE to log into US East servers, however, why is my latency better to East than my own native West coast?  I feel like i'm imagining things but i feel like spawning players are creating huge lag spikes, at least for me, and i feel disgusting using that to my advantage in some missions. 

The final straw was shortly after the Beta of 8/1/20.  I have not really ever experienced any issues with APB so dramatic that i ever really cared in respects to lag, and the above behavior of game freezing never happened before i played Beta, but after i played Beta... i'm experiencing regret.  I wish i never played Beta if it meant giving up my sanity in Live.  I've been suffering the issue of stuttering, frame drops and freezes ever since Beta.  What really pissed me off is after i upgraded to an Nvidia GTX 1070 from an RX480 my FPS took a 20FPS drop, and it wasn't stable fps either.  

I can't even keep track with what i'm trying to say aside from...

Little Orbit, if you wanted me gone that fucking badly, rather than sabotage one of my favorite games of all time, i'd have considered the offer of a refund and a polite request for my departure.

I just want to cry now.

APB isn't fun anymore.

It's easily playable at the supposedly report 80fps but it keeps hitching and stuttering from 100fps to 60fps and it doesn't do it smoothly, it slam shifts into these rates.

I'm unsure if i should quit outright, wait until Engine upgrade is live, or TRY to play still, even though i'm clearly going to need therapy the way it is now.

Please understand, i really don't care what toxic remarks you have about me in this situation, if you feel better about yourself after saying whatever nasty thing you have to say, go for it, but i'd appreciate at least something productive to maybe help me in my situation, rather than being told to just kms, or delete windows.  I don't think i'm asking for much in that regard. and i don't consider myself anywhere near "good" or "skilled" at APB, its just a casual game for me, that used to be fun...

Talk to the console players sweetie.

I play on pc and console players are losing hope but Im patient.

You aint seen shit yet.

4 hours ago, Ilyas said:

I couldnt log in to the beta at all. I have only a R7 370 graphic card at the moment. But they could still turn this around. At this point i just want to see what this engine upgrade will bring to this game after 7 years  since it's been announced.

About the toxicity, this game is dying because of that mainly. Some ppl lives revolves about winning, no matter how. Im absolutly ok with losing, im ok with playing against cheaters, im ok with playing in disadvanage, because when i get frustrated i can change district or take a break. But when 8/10 games the opposition and my team insult me, i cant take it (some ppl might be fine with it, but this is not enjoyable for me and like it was said before the ignore list is not enough). 

Fortunately, i got out of this game 6 yeas ago & played only occasionally. I went on to do something with my life that i coundnt do if i kept playing this.

Unfortunately every pvp game has tons of toxic people, it's more noticeable in APB because our community is small, fortunately we're heading in the right direction and I hope that it attracts new player, LO even hinted multiple times at starting advertising and such once they fix the new player experience.

42 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

Hey everyone - a few of you have mentioned that you feel like latency spikes/stuttering have increased recently. If this is the case for you, please send latency tests and game logs my way. This will help us chase down what might be causing the issue. Thanks!

Happy to see the staff getting into this, guys if you're having issues do send them logs and stuff, it'll help immensively. 

3 hours ago, wHisHi said:

Good place for me to rant.

After update, game crashes every 20-30 minuts. 
Before an update, game would crash every 2-3 days, If I play every single day.

i3 3320, GTX650Ti, 4GB RAM, HDD.

I don't want to be that guy, in fact im sad to see someone who can't play 😞  but honestly I'm surprised you were able to play the game at all, I notice a lot of people who try to play with computers that are not meant for gaming or just can't keep up anymore. Obviously this isn't every case though, some people, like myself still have issues with a PC up to modern gaming standards..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redzero35 said:

I don't want to be that guy, in fact im sad to see someone who can't play 😞  but honestly I'm surprised you were able to play the game at all, I notice a lot of people who try to play with computers that are not meant for gaming or just can't keep up anymore. Obviously this isn't every case though, some people, like myself still have issues with a PC up to modern gaming standards..

My other pc is laptop with UHD 620 and it can still run APB, I know it sounds crazy 

6 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

My other pc is laptop with UHD 620 and it can still run APB, I know it sounds crazy 

That is pretty crazy o.o well I hope your issue gets resolved, but still very surprised if you can run a modern game decently, that's assuming the gpu/cpu haven't died after all these years O.O still shocked sorry

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sakebee said:

I would love to help out, but my only issue on the matter is i have no idea how to setup a latency log test to provide anything useful other than video of me locking up every minute.  Some situations i described i was not recording and with i was because, well, aside from the pucker factor of the situation, is kinda funny to me cuz i swear that every red name around me was once a green name.  I would LOVE to participate in a bug hunt to resolve this atrocious latency spike that has plagued me since i played Beta, but only after i played it, it was NOT after i installed it, and persisted even after i uninstalled it.

18 minutes ago, redzero35 said:

I notice a lot of people who try to play with computers that are not meant for gaming or just can't keep up anymore.

within the first year i was playing APB, back before it was on Steam, G1 released the worst conceivable patch ever, they basically nerfed anyone with anything better than an entry lever computer, not even entry level gaming computer.  Their patch notes were "optimized latency for lower end computer users" and what me, and everyone else with a real gaming PC noticed, our lag was tripled if not more.  I cried for it to be undone but the old G1 only cared about themselves and what was going into their pockets.  That was my first hiatus from the game, for a couple weeks.

16 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

From what i know, Intel is pretty good at making sleeper laptops with their Intel HD graphics, i've had roommates and friends with laptops you'd usually see some dude in a law firm using and they ran games like STO, APB, TF2, LFD2, i even had a laptop with an AMD APU that ran Gmod, Riders of Icarus, very nicely.  I once had a laptop running a Windows Server (not sure which tbh) and i hosted a minecraft server on it that was the best minecraft server i had ever hosted.  Which bugs the hell outta me cuz i built a 24 core server (12x2CPU) to host it on and it got worse... That was long ago when i thought core counts meant something more than bragging rights.  Yeah though, Intel really nailed the market with the iGFX scene, AMD tried their best with APU's but if you wanted a decent all in one you went all Intel for a long time, even laptops with dedicated graphics from Nvidia were inferior, unless it was a discrete MXM graphics card, they were pretty inferior to the solution Intel had made.

16 hours ago, Nafryti said:

i just /ignore, but the /report that "supposedly works" needs to fucking do something when a players theme purpose made to trigger debilitating migraines in those susceptible to them.  I could have a dozen children screaming their lunges out in my ear and it won't compare to that ear shattering theme.  I've basically had a migraine for the past 2 weeks because of this unacceptably allowed ear no.

Half of the people on my ignore list are there for that reason. Their themes are just so damn loud either on purpose to hurt your ears or just unintentionally awful because of it. Some of their themes are just song clips and sound good on principal, but because they're so loud it just ruins them and I have to /ignore.

I don't want themes to be removed from the game, they're so damn unique and fun (some are awesome), but I wish I could just mute someone's theme specifically.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nafryti said:

I would love to help out, but my only issue on the matter is i have no idea how to setup a latency log test...

To clarify, logs and latency tests are two separate things. To run a latency test, go in-game and run the /latencytest command. This will run a 10 minute test and save those results to a .csv file in your game directory, which is usually in C:\Program Files (x86)\Gamersfirst\APB Reloaded\APBGame\logs

A log file lives in the same place, but will actually have the .log file extension. You can also enable more extensive logging to help us narrow down the issue further by doing the following:

• Go to …\APBGame\Config
  • Find DefaultGame.ini
  • Find [APBGame.cAPBGameReplicationInfo]
    • Set m_bStatsWithPlayerData=true
    • Set m_bActorTickStats=true

Once you have these files, you can upload them to a file hosting service and send them to me via Forum DM (if you have a lot of files, you might want to zip your log folder and send the entire thing my way). Please be sure to add any additional information (server, instance, date, time, ...) which can help us troubleshoot the issue. As a reminder, please be sure not to post these files publicly as they can contain personal info, like your IP address.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2