TopR3B3LLIOUS

Permanent Weapon Trading

I created this account for the sole reason of this post. So lets get started.

Permanent weapons are a big deal in this game. Whether they are Account Permanent and bought from Armas or Character Permanent and bought at the Joker Distribution store, we all have some or are attempting to get them. Over time we build quite a nice arsenal, but whats to happen to the couple of weapons we don't use anymore. Weapons cast into the shadow of our better weapons, bad drops from Gold Mystery boxes, low end loyalty rewards, or just weapons we've grown not to use anymore. They lay dormant in our lockers and very rarely, if ever, get to see the light of day. A way to not only solve the problem with these weapons but also maybe fix the miserable experience for new players would be a trade system. 

Okay, here are the details. I imagine players to literally trade these weapons like they would clothing, cars, symbols, etc. There is a couple of minor changes with these though. Account permanent Weapons and Character Permanent Weapons get their own symbols to help clarify what they are and to prevent scamming. For instance, Account perm would get a large red "AP" in the top right of the weapon symbol, while Character perm would get a "CP". With this addition, a new tab of the market place would be required. Legendary weapons currently occupy the "Weapons" tab, they would be moved to their own "Legendary" tab. I would add a new feature to the market, being bartering. This would work by the seller choosing to except other weapons in exchange for their own. Players could add multiple weapons to the "accepted payment" option. Also, when trading in the market, players would HAVE to trade AP (account permanent) for AP, and CP (character permanent) for CP.  When trading person to person, this rule would not apply. 

Now, how could this help the new players? Simple, as previously mentioned there are many accepted payment methods for weapons. Allowing players to trade JT and in game cash to other players for their permanent weapons would open up opportunities for new players to get their hands on some pretty good stuff. A veteran might not see a one slot weapon as a useful thing to keep around, but to the bronze player who picked up the game a couple days ago it would be a god send. This also takes away the well known disadvantage new players have, gives them something to work towards, benefits the sellers, and allows for a more dynamic market withing the game. 

If you do have any ideas or things you would change, I'd really like to hear them.  

• Like 1

I like the idea and i thought about something like that a lot too

But sadly i have to say it will not work out in a good way

Main reason is LO need to earn money with APB to keep it alive

And there are sure other issues with weapon trading

There will be scams especialy on new players even when u try to save them

And there will be ways to ubuse it

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SunnyMonroe said:

I like the idea and i thought about something like that a lot too

But sadly i have to say it will not work out in a good way

Main reason is LO need to earn money with APB to keep it alive

And there are sure other issues with weapon trading

There will be scams especialy on new players even when u try to save them

And there will be ways to ubuse it

Yeah, scamming is a big problem that would come from this. The topic of weapon trading itself is a double edged sword really. On one end you have Veterans who have spent money on the game and say that winning is based off the games learning curve (which is true). On the other you have new players saying that it is a pay to win game that doesn't take skill but money (which is pretty far from accurate). Even though the game isn't pay to win, it holds that stigma. This trade system would drastically lessen the argument that the game is pay to win. When writing the original post I was overlooking the fact that this would cost LO (Little Orbit) funds they would need. I don't exactly think that it would run the cash flow dry, instead I would think it would draw new player in with the mindset of getting a hold of permanent weapons without paying IRL cash. Then again, nobody really knows what would actually happen if this was implemented.  Thanks for the response though. 

Well, new players can focus on earning JTs to get perm weapons, even ones from armras. So yeah, but considering trading. Well, you probably missed the moment when they removed ability to gift stuff in armras. You know why? 
Lets say I gifted you a pack with clothes, weapons and etc and then refunded it. They have to return the money, but they cant " take away " a gift from your account. Blame how it was coded back in the day I guess.
Soo if we could trade guns from armras, people would buy a gun, give it away so it would change few hands and refund. Or simply buy guns, throw it for cheap, it gets bought in minutes or even seconds, refund.

1 hour ago, Araun said:

Well, new players can focus on earning JTs to get perm weapons, even ones from armras. So yeah, but considering trading. Well, you probably missed the moment when they removed ability to gift stuff in armras. You know why? 
Lets say I gifted you a pack with clothes, weapons and etc and then refunded it. They have to return the money, but they cant " take away " a gift from your account. Blame how it was coded back in the day I guess.
Soo if we could trade guns from armras, people would buy a gun, give it away so it would change few hands and refund. Or simply buy guns, throw it for cheap, it gets bought in minutes or even seconds, refund.

As far as i know  they don't refund any armas purchase. Try to buy something and not to see the big NO REFUND thingy

Edited by HighSociety

10 minutes ago, HighSociety said:

As far as i know  they don't refund any armas purchase. Try to buy something and not to see the big NO REFUND thingy

It's not a refund through support but rather a chargeback through the payment processor.

That's the one that causes issues

On 8/5/2020 at 2:18 PM, HighSociety said:

Yeah I was basing this on the whole no refund thing as well. 

On 8/5/2020 at 2:29 PM, Kevkof said:

It's not a refund through support but rather a chargeback through the payment processor.

That's the one that causes issues

Is it this problem something fixable? Or would this require a whole reworking of the Armas store

1 hour ago, TopR3B3LLIOUS said:

Yeah I was basing this on the whole no refund thing as well. 

Is it this problem something fixable? Or would this require a whole reworking of the Armas store

It would at minimum require a full reworking of the gifting system, but most likely the full market as well

22 hours ago, Kevkof said:

It would at minimum require a full reworking of the gifting system, but most likely the full market as well

Yeah, that does sound like a good bit of work.