I personally love the design of the cars in APB, something about cars in GTA 5 they all look like shit.

So what kind of car would you like to see in APB? be it super,sport,muscle,pickup,armored....

Share your ideas with me 😄

I want a new ram bar for my pioneer. A really big one. One that goes above the hood too so it can catch dead bodies I run in to.

they need to add some rice to the lower class vehicles. i want a varzuga with a really tall spoiler on it, a wide kit, a carbon fiber underlip, a hood air intake... 

• Like 2

Player owned dumpster trucks, every bronze's dream. >:)

This topic again.  I just want an old 30's-40's hot rod.  Something that isn't a muscle car, import, or a tacticool SUV.

I dont really need new cars. more like new kits for unused cars, like the cisco. 

Or a new system where tuning your cars increases performance or decreases, the problem there is ofcourse you dont want cars to become p2w so there has to be a balance.
or make kits rentable? and also purchasable by joker points. 

idk, just ideas lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I want a new ram bar for my pioneer. A really big one. One that goes above the hood too so it can catch dead bodies I run in to.

We already have one of those.

Well, two actually.

The vehicle variety is good for now. Most high end vehicles lack decent looking kits, and the low end vehicles don't have any.

What I really want are kits that make subtle changes. Like a small lip on the stock bumper. 2" high spoiler with a single thin wing. Small chrome exhaust tip that doesn't look like it came out of an industrial HVAC system.

I'd like to see more makeshift vehicle additions. Like a bull bar made from a piece of highway barrier, or a window replaced with sheet metal. Maybe a partial roll bar that's just a u bent pipe, not a full out professional racing roll cage.

I'd also like to see some performance mods, using the same color codes we currently have. Something minor like say a turbo kit (orange) that gives you +1.5 top speed. Could add a limit to prevent top speed vehicles from going faster. It would make the low tier cars more viable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GhosT said:

We already have one of those.

Well, two actually.

Na. Even bigger and beefier.

Idk more cars we can only dream of in the engine port. With the current state of the game it barely can render civ cars and all out customs. Adding more cars is already a stretch in an insane build of a game that somehow still exists today miracuosly. That said when they upgrade the game we can think of adding cars and more kits to the existing cars.

I remember the days when we use to play with basically all cars in the game, believe it or not. Every car was useful. Then they nerfed all of them or simply ruined the already crap script of some cars. Was the day when everyone stopped using others. Unless it's an off-mission event or some cosplay roleplay thingy. On missions nowadays it's all Vegas, Vegas, Vegas and Tanks and that is it. If you use a Doltons or paper cars means you are a suicidal masochist there is no other explanation to put it,

Eveyone is strict to very few cars while others are rendered useless. Maybe this works now for performance of the game, not sure.... Less type of cars in game and more of the same the better performance. Maybe? It use to be a thing in GTA. So I remember. Every location was strict to certain number of types of cars.

Anyways. So kits and mods for the pickups, doltons and other stock cars would be welcomed. (again after the game engine update) You can make easily a tank equivalent out of pickups with slights stats reduced on durability to make it more realistic in comparison. As in The sports/police van and tactical suv remaining the tanks in the game since they are realistic as that. But still a close tie in stats to make it compatible.

Again these are small maps and the economy in this game's story doesn't really suggests we can have too many cars anyways so story wise this makes sense. The town is in pretty much civil war for years and it's stuck in a certain era with limited recources etc.

Even having civs on street is quite questionable at this point. It should be remade into this. The more action and more players doing missions on maps, the less and less civs should be on the street. You can spawn a certain number of cars on street abandoned or parked specific locations so we can jack them if we dont have a car spawn point upon respawning etc and drive them but having civs casually drive and walk around while there is a war going on is stupid. Always hated that. Speaking of spawn. Most times anyways when we respawn there are barely any cars or even a single car for a long time and most times when we don't need cars we end up in a sea of cars and civs on streets stuck like idiots and we cant even drive around them or do any action.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hm3000 said:

Again these are small maps and the economy in this game's story doesn't really suggests we can have too many cars anyways so story wise this makes sense. The town is in pretty much civil war for years and it's stuck in a certain era with limited recources etc.

you can make anything lore friendly just give it a backstory that makes sense or even make a point that it is rare to see an occurrence like this.

IDK much about the APB lore besides a few things i read so what im saying is most likely wrong
but for the hell of it:

After the city borders have been shut down to try and contain the mass spread of crim, the world outside continues. Testing over at IO have seen what is similar to their ever popular Growl but with a lighter chassis and more power. But importing these vehicles into the city is restricted by the border police so that leaves one option...to smuggle them...

again just a way of saying lore blocks something from happening, idk anything about the lore in APB but if I did im sure i could come up with a better example XD

Im a car enthusiast, no im not super familiar with the ins and outs of cars but I can tell when one is tuned and has good taste.

I for one would think seeing a Super car in San Paro would be really neat, something fast but fragile.

15 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

I'd like to see more makeshift vehicle additions. Like a bull bar made from a piece of highway barrier, or a window replaced with sheet metal. Maybe a partial roll bar that's just a u bent pipe, not a full out professional racing roll cage.

10 hours ago, hm3000 said:

the economy is fine lore wise

10 hours ago, hm3000 said:

Even having civs on street is quite questionable at this point. It should be remade into this. The more action and more players doing missions on maps, the less and less civs should be on the street. You can spawn a certain number of cars on street abandoned or parked specific locations so we can jack them if we dont have a car spawn point upon respawning etc and drive them but having civs casually drive and walk around while there is a war going on is stupid. Always hated that

not that unrealistic really, even heavily violent cartel areas in mexico have civilians on the street trying to go about their lives 

plus there isnt really a war going on in san paro yet, if you take the gameplay into account there's only 100-ish people involved in violent crimes at any given moment across a city the size of LA 

we were mid-escalation when g1 decided to pull the plug on the first dev team, so canonically were still right on the tipping point 

6 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

After the city borders have been shut down to try and contain the mass spread of crim, the world outside continues

lore states that the rest of the country is almost as bad as san paro, and the feds have no interest in coming down hard on the city

Something like this, Or at least a kit for the kurai!
1280px-Volvo_Sugge_TP21.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

rdmPuCP-1.png

This, this is all I want. Make it kind of like a 4-door Fresno, but less boaty, LO pls

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Makta said:

Something like this, Or at least a kit for the kurai!
1280px-Volvo_Sugge_TP21.jpg

This is cool, looks slow irl but still cool!

On 8/4/2020 at 12:25 AM, ViolaDeWynter said:

g43plW1.jpg

APB soapbox racing coming to leapfrog

On 8/5/2020 at 8:15 AM, hm3000 said:

If you use a Doltons or paper cars means you are a suicidal masochist there is no other explanation to put it,

I dunno, the Dolton Fresno is the car with the highest health in the game atm (1450 compared to Pioneer's current 1350)

On 8/7/2020 at 9:19 AM, Yeedman said:

I dunno, the Dolton Fresno is the car with the highest health in the game atm (1450 compared to Pioneer's current 1350)

Might be but while playing missions one friend had this car and we got blown up regulary maybe because it's too slow and the weapons got buffed or this car is nerfed not sure anymore. Usually by volcanos, rpg, alig, medusa, shaw all those heavies. Don't need to get direct hits but by nearby exlpoions etc. Sometimes seen even smgs dealing insane damage on cars. Cant run away from anything in it. By the time I got to the objectives I am way too late. I use to love this car 7 years ago now I don't see the point in it anymore.

29 minutes ago, M72_LAW said:

sisu-xa-180-pasi-07.jpg

APB isn't ARMA, so nope

Edited by hm3000