SuperToaster

Engine Update on OTW?

A while back it was mentioned that the Engine Update would be put on the "premium" OTW for people to test before it hit live. Could this still be a thing or would it just be pointless now? Just curious is all

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SuperToaster said:

A while back it was mentioned that the Engine Update would be put on the "premium" OTW for people to test before it hit live. Could this still be a thing or would it just be pointless now? Just curious is all

its likely possible, although orbit has removed the premium restriction for the OTW server

i kinda feel like everyone would just stop playing the vanilla game if a functional OTW engine upgrade server existed though - which is great for testing purposes, but would kind of suck for anyone not on OTW

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

its likely possible, although orbit has removed the premium restriction for the OTW server

i kinda feel like everyone would just stop playing the vanilla game if a functional OTW engine upgrade server existed though - which is great for testing purposes, but would kind of suck for anyone not on OTW

Maybe they could capitalize on it with a testing event with rewards for the live game or something

• Like 1

Just now, BXNNXD said:

Yeah I'm aware of them making it public just wondering if they would give us access to the EU build. I mean it wouldn't take away ALL the players that's kinda of exaggerating lol. Mostly just people that want to test it. There's a good chunk of people that could care less

1 hour ago, Nite said:

Maybe they could capitalize on it with a testing event with rewards for the live game or something

Besides it sounds like a good idea, people would just turn the opportunity into another Refer-a-friend abuse. Claiming that they tested things while they would really not test them.

5 hours ago, Poperon said:

Besides it sounds like a good idea, people would just turn the opportunity into another Refer-a-friend abuse. Claiming that they tested things while they would really not test them.

We alredy know this community, true? I know exactly this situation could be difficult but i trust in LO after all, they making progresses so, where is the problem 🙂

5 hours ago, Poperon said:

Providing they run Nite's proposed event with a new build that's playable, just reward people for winning missions there.

That way they just have to play the game while LO monitors stuff from their end and obvious bugs and glitches will be brought up as usual (more likely by the players who have glitches and bugs used against them).

We know players will use all sorts of game-breaking glitches and bugs to win rewards, so use that abuse to our advantage to find them all.

Edited by JiMMY13
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JiMMY13 said:

Providing they run Nite's proposed event with a new build that's playable, just reward people for winning missions there.

That way they just have to play the game while LO monitors stuff from their end and obvious bugs and glitches will be brought up as usual (more likely by the players who have glitches and bugs used against them).

We know players will use all sorts of game-breaking glitches and bugs to win rewards, so use that abuse to our advantage to find them all.

That was supposed to be the purpose of being able to test it in the first place so they could work out any kinks before it goes live. I don’t think it would hurt at all 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AlishaAzureOfficial said:

We alredy know this community, true? I know exactly this situation could be difficult but i trust in LO after all, they making progresses so, where is the problem 🙂

No problem at all my friend, it's because i truly trust that LO is capable of running things and they are showing it.

But when it comes to rely on our community... oh gosh, every time a little part inside of me dies. :classic_ohmy:

1 minute ago, Poperon said:

No problem at all my friend, it's because i truly trust that LO is capable of running things and they are showing it.

But when it comes to rely on our community... oh gosh, every time a little part inside of me dies. :classic_ohmy:

Yeah, exactly.

Just give they abit of the time, we gave to G1 years, if we give 1 month or 2 too isn't a problem for me, i mean.. Is a sure thing that they will let OTW players to try out the new engine, obviously after a closed test done in private instances.

About the thing they gave the chance to everyone for play into the OTW without premium is a beautiful step forward, im sure that they will never put rewards for something you done into the Live Servers.

They could thank you, sure, thats sure but really i don't think they want to do something that Nite said above > "testing event with rewards for the live game or something", maybe just a Title but not more than that.

5 minutes ago, AlishaAzureOfficial said:

Yeah, exactly.

Just give they abit of the time, we gave to G1 years, if we give 1 month or 2 too isn't a problem for me, i mean.. Is a sure thing that they will let OTW players to try out the new engine, obviously after a closed test done in private instances.

About the thing they gave the chance to everyone for play into the OTW without premium is a beautiful step forward, im sure that they will never put rewards for something you done into the Live Servers.

They could thank you, sure, thats sure but really i don't think they want to do something that Nite said above > "testing event with rewards for the live game or something", maybe just a Title but not more than that.

Reasonable player testing things on OTW: "Hey, i'll join OTW to test things out and help LO fixing stuff, so i can gain on a long term, with a stable game having additions of new content. That's a reward for me also!" < This player fairly gets a reward based on what Nite said, and he gets a reward in the early and long terms. Success!!

"What i'm afraid of" player testing things on OTW: "HEY, LEMME TEST THINGS ON OTW SO I CAN GET STUFF FOR MY ACCOUNT" < This player joins OTW, joins Waterfront, drives around for 5 minutes than starts ranting: "WHERES MY STUFF? I WANT MY REWARDS" *sends ticket to support to complain*

:classic_laugh:

• Thanks 1

I think that people would still stick to the main game for actual playing due to the lack of progression in OTW.  Frequent character wipes were mentioned before when OTW was made public so I don't think it would suck a ton of people out of the main game.  But I'm sure a ton of us would love to help with testing the new engine.

24 minutes ago, Poperon said:

Reasonable player testing things on OTW: "Hey, i'll join OTW to test things out and help LO fixing stuff, so i can gain on a long term, with a stable game having additions of new content. That's a reward for me also!" < This player fairly gets a reward based on what Nite said, and he gets a reward in the early and long terms. Success!!

"What i'm afraid of" player testing things on OTW: "HEY, LEMME TEST THINGS ON OTW SO I CAN GET STUFF FOR MY ACCOUNT" < This player joins OTW, joins Waterfront, drives around for 5 minutes than starts ranting: "WHERES MY STUFF? I WANT MY REWARDS" *sends ticket to support to complain*

:classic_laugh:

Be afraid of the unknown my friend, that's going to happen (if the event became a thing), no sense fearing it lol

• Like 1