Motorola

Is this option/feature working as intended? If not can you fix it ?

I'd like to not get spammed, harassed through /whispers or have to put players on ignore if possible.

XZV_pW8dRDVGs_FMYSWaixdwg3lXRm2y9CrbL9uY

When I check "No Messages" i can still recieve /whispers... does this work? or what
If this is a feature that isnt working yet it would be nice if you could only recieve whispers from players on your friends list and clan list.

And while im on this topic... why dont you just replace "Whipser Player" on the scoreboard with "Report Player"? Instead of people reporting people they think are cheating they just press the button and harass them instead. Maybe it would be less toxic if they would just have a button that clearly directs them to the report feature instead of a button that gives them easy access to insult/cry/whine to the opposing team.

On 8/2/2020 at 7:29 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

But how will I whisper you.

you would try to first add me to friends and then if i accept you should be able to message me. if I don't want to recieve whispers from you then i'd decline your friend invite. (this is how I would like it to work... its like this in every other game atm thats popular).

Edited by Motorola

Just now, Motorola said:

add me to friends or id add you to friends.

Omg you wanna be friends with me? ;-;

10 minutes ago, Motorola said:

XZV_pW8dRDVGs_FMYSWaixdwg3lXRm2y9CrbL9uY

could it mean no mail messages?

1 minute ago, 404 said:

could it mean no mail messages?

i don't think so because i send and receive in-game mail to people and also to my alts

Edited by Motorola

Maybe players won't be so toxic if you actually played the missions instead of quitting most of the time. It makes me sad when it's a nice even 4v4 and then you quit before the first kill. 😞

9 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

Maybe players won't be so toxic if you actually played the missions instead of quitting most of the time. It makes me sad when it's a nice even 4v4 and then you quit before the first kill. 😞

Wait, so a player doesn't want to play a round, quits, and you think that you being sad is reason to be toxic?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whispers from opposed players must be disabled.Especially on mission districts.This will cut off the toxicity in this game big time..(and no to ignore every player one by one in every mission is poor solution)

Edited by TheMessiah

1 hour ago, illgot said:

Wait, so a player doesn't want to play a round, quits, and you think that you being sad is reason to be toxic?

Plus district chat :^)

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

Whispers from opposed players must be disabled.Especially on mission districts.This will cut off the toxicity in this game big time..(and no to ignore every player one by one in every mission is poor solution)

So I wouldn't be able to just chat with the opponents to ask who made their theme for example?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kevkof said:

So I wouldn't be able to just chat with the opponents to ask who made their theme for example?

for such a small thing..look after the mission is over you can whisper him because the player is not oposition anymore

• Like 1

Could just improve the already functioning DND system built-in. In WoW, it makes it so people can't whisper you at all and lets them know via automated message that you're DND and can't receive them. I'm not sure how it works in APB as I've never really used it, but that's probably what it should be for.

4 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

you playing in a 4 man team vs me and 3 silvers isnt my idea of a "nice even 4 vs 4" sorry man im maxed out completely and dont get anything out of sitting there trying to defend for 10 mins straight with 3 new players without the option to call backup. If i were in charge of apb id make it so that if you are in a 4 man team you cant get opped unless there are other 4 man teams on the opposing side. 

5 minutes ago, EvaPooh said:

Could just improve the already functioning DND system built-in. In WoW, it makes it so people can't whisper you at all and lets them know via automated message that you're DND and can't receive them. I'm not sure how it works in APB as I've never really used it, but that's probably what it should be for.

you can /dnd in apb but not while playing missions. it still doesnt block their ability to spam you though

3 minutes ago, Motorola said:

you can /dnd in apb but not while playing missions. it still doesnt block their ability to spam you though

Ya, that's what I mean. It should function that way.

12 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

/dnd will set your status as DND in game, I haven't tested in a mission, but when out of missions, it'll keep you from getting queued- it's a better system than /afk if you're not wanting to have your mouse bumped kick off the /afk and your team has to wait for the auto-afk to set back in. DND will also auto-reply to whispers with a message that you're /dnd and a custom message that you set. [/dnd message me in 10 minutes] as an example.

Also @OP, I rather enjoy chatting with opposition. So I don't see why you wouldn't just add the players harassing you to /ignore and/or report them for harassment if it's really bothering you. IF there is some circumstance, you can customize your chatbox (press home) and check/uncheck the threads that you want to see and not see. I think this can hide whispers, but I haven't tried.

Adding a report button to the scoreboard would be a good addition to at least make it more known that there is a report feature instead of having to find out that it's /report.

12 hours ago, Sergsininia said:

/dnd will set your status as DND in game, I haven't tested in a mission, but when out of missions, it'll keep you from getting queued- it's a better system than /afk if you're not wanting to have your mouse bumped kick off the /afk and your team has to wait for the auto-afk to set back in. DND will also auto-reply to whispers with a message that you're /dnd and a custom message that you set. [/dnd message me in 10 minutes] as an example.

Also @OP, I rather enjoy chatting with opposition. So I don't see why you wouldn't just add the players harassing you to /ignore and/or report them for harassment if it's really bothering you. IF there is some circumstance, you can customize your chatbox (press home) and check/uncheck the threads that you want to see and not see. I think this can hide whispers, but I haven't tried.

Adding a report button to the scoreboard would be a good addition to at least make it more known that there is a report feature instead of having to find out that it's /report.

yeah but why even have this option ? im asking if it works (i already know it doesnt) and if it will be fixed. Its like when the tutorial couldn't be completed because it required you to complete tasks in riot mode. its bugged 

On 8/2/2020 at 7:30 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Omg you wanna be friends with me? ;-;

edited my post to make it clearer for you.

Edited by Motorola

I cant see the image you posted. But kinda get what you mean. Same thing for tutorial messages. I put them on ignore but keep getting spammed how "I am not ready and will not receave missions" or something like that, I hate it. It's in blue and should be in tutorials yet it seems like a separate option that cannot be ignored. Missions are not the only thing in this game to do so we shouldnt get spammed to death with irrelevant messages and suggestions. Most people I played with didn't even did missions we did other activities.  I love flexibility and options to please everyone or most people still when I don't have control over said options can't help it but to not even be bothered to play sometimes solely on that.  Sometimes I even play on hud off so I don't see the chat, said tutorial spams and other crap I am not interested in. I know the map well enough since it's small and comunication is enough to know where are others. Granted playing missions with hud off is impossible. A fully customizeable hud would be welcomed. 

Now that we speak of suggestions and options which is also related.

It would be great if we get a different login screen without that screaming "music", on headphones especially it's toxic, I had to mute my whole PC everytime I went to the loginscreen, with that muting my friends too, which was annoying. 

Add an actual functional mute button for music (because the one we have mutes just my music and not other people's music),

An option to mute all user created music and themes. We use to have a mod for it until people got banned for it and since then we didn't use it. 

An actual infinite friend list and ignore list. Because the amount of neglected children in online games are insane, we do need to put them somewhere so a infinite ingore list would help. Me not seeing their crap and when they realize people are ignoring them they will start to evolve into a normal human being (hopefully) to start acting normal and seek attention the right way so as getting actual friends for the first time. Clan can be capped at 100 with options to purchase extensions with 100+ each. I remember a friend who had to make five+ characters just to be able to add every friend and clan member he played with. Clan numbers were always a premium thing in online games anyways so I can understand if it's the same thing here.

Feel free to copy-paste this to some appropriate threads and to mods. These are things-thoughts and wishes that are also shared with my friends for years now... So hopefuly it gets implemented one day. 

There are bunch of other things but this is just from top of my mind.

• Like 2