Sign in to follow this  
Souri

Dethreating

Hello, 

every time i want to try out if APB did some good changes i got golds with rating > 200 in my mission on a bronze server. 

Many times that are hole clans, they dethreath and the play on bronze with 4 golds in one team on a server, which is for bronze players. 

They are doing just doing that, because they want to play against bad enemies and get 21 kills and 2 deths. 

I wanted to show this game to friends, but they never had fun, because they got destroyed by 255 goldies on a server for beginners. 

Several times we reported dethreathers but nothing happend, even it is against the Tos. 

Why APB is giving a sh** to New players and letting hold players on bronze destroy other players fun?

You really have to ban dethreathers it is against the Tos to dethreat and they are destroying the game. 

• Like 2

1. All their resources are go on engine update, they not gonna do anything major before it releases. And they had some ideas said on Q&A stream, so yeah. Until engine is not out, hardly you will see any changes in threat/district system.

2. Not enough players to actually " force " people into their own districts. You would know that if you looked avarage amount of people online, you can check it when selecting districts manually.

3. Current ranked system doesn`t distinguish low tier gold vs top tier gold. If you played League of Legends, then you would know their ranked system and you would know that Gold 5 is not same skill bracket as Platinum 1, Diamond 1. 
So we have here " fake gold " players, who go to silver district play against " high tier " gold and have a huge lose streak, lose gold and go to bronze. And guess what, after few missions they are gold again.  Basically players that are too bad to play against gold and too good to play against silvers,bronze. 

And there is no way for you as a bronze, silver player on bronze district to know who against you. A dethreater who done it on purpose or a " fake " gold player who had 10 loses in a streak on silver district because he could not win against anyone and went to your district.
But why Im even bothering to explain this stuff... * shrug *

I understand your frustration, 

However dont think it is any different on a silver district.  

The problem is there is a steep learning curve and there are not enough players right now to split up the community to newbie - regular - good - pro.. So the split up right now is done in 2

Bronze district : Newbie ; regular ; good 

Silver district : Regular ; good ; pro

The difference between a good player and a pro player is immense it is as if the good player has no idea how to game works. 

so imagine the difference for a newbie who meets a good player or even a regular one. 

Add to it, that this game is not for the weak hearted, i basicly NEVER rage on other games, but i tend to rage 3 - 4 times a day on APB, the game is frustrating from time to time,
because at 1 point u are owning people or having a good game, and somethimes u just struggle to even get 1 kill. 

Players look like cheaters etc.

and i can assure you Little orbit does alot against derankers. it might not feel like it but it is

Also, it is not because people are gold in bronze district that they are derankers . a person can be a terrible player in silver district , but a too good player for bronze... 

I call them the in betweeners, they suck but are too good, so they become gold, go to silver district , get destroyed and than turn to bronze district where they will stay because ... they win..
This is a problem that will only be solved by having more people and being able to split the community up. 

8 minutes ago, dieltdaan said:

I understand your frustration, 

However dont think it is any different on a silver district.  

The problem is there is a steep learning curve and there are not enough players right now to split up the community to newbie - regular - good - pro.. So the split up right now is done in 2

Bronze district : Newbie ; regular ; good 

Silver district : Regular ; good ; pro

The difference between a good player and a pro player is immense it is as if the good player has no idea how to game works. 

so imagine the difference for a newbie who meets a good player or even a regular one. 

Add to it, that this game is not for the weak hearted, i basicly NEVER rage on other games, but i tend to rage 3 - 4 times a day on APB, the game is frustrating from time to time,
because at 1 point u are owning people or having a good game, and somethimes u just struggle to even get 1 kill. 

Players look like cheaters etc.

and i can assure you Little orbit does alot against derankers. it might not feel like it but it is

Also, it is not because people are gold in bronze district that they are derankers . a person can be a terrible player in silver district , but a too good player for bronze... 

I call them the in betweeners, they suck but are too good, so they become gold, go to silver district , get destroyed and than turn to bronze district where they will stay because ... they win..
This is a problem that will only be solved by having more people and being able to split the community up. 

Yeah they stay at bronze, because they win. Much of them have stats like 20 - 5 then. But they are destroying others fun, like the good golds destroy their fun on a silver district.

So i think they are egoists and don't care about others. 

In my mind the game should change the threatsystem from scratch, that everybody can have fun. 

So or so, i think obvious dethreating should really be bannable as the tos say. There should be a stricter control. What is the problem about playing a few missions on a silver server and doing his best until you are silver again? 

• Like 1

i brought up a dethreat in a ticket, the person had 2 kills and 27 deaths or something, and had a picture of him saying i am deranking.

i havent seen the person involved online since the support awnsered to say the account was under investigation.. 

also please dont use the forum as rage relief,, because you just been told, that no changes will be made untill engine is out, 

And that the only way to fix current ranking system is to have more people...

Trust me EVERYONE want the ranking system different, but EVERYONE wants alot of things

- new engine (modern game)
- clan system reworked
- new districts
- new stuff
- new alot off stuff
- ranking system changed

This game was a mess when LO got it,  just starting with it was not playable, uptill now they have added stuff, balanced out the armas, removed the lagg, balanced out weapons, and gave us a working support and admins.

right now they have everything focussed on the engine.  and i believe everyone in this community understands your frustrations, and LO appreciates ideas and they try to listen to the community, but dont expect magic things to happen. Reworking a ranked system is not that easy, its basicly changing the core of the game..

sry if i seemed a bit harsh in this response, (not intended)