Sakebee

Mission Impossible Patch Announcement

1 hour ago, PatrickBatemann said:

I agree, partly at least. I totally agree that blowtorches are (or were) pivotal to how some missions played out and for the record, I've always said that I have no idea why mods like this are locked behind R195 barrier (putting new players in a clear disadvantage). However in this case we are talking about a monumental nerf that is making it borderline useless. Both effects would be pretty significant individually but now we are talking less than half of the ammo it used to have AND nearly half the repair rate, making it less than a quarter as effective as it used to be.

It is sort of like killing a fly by shooting it with a naval cannon.

So yeah, you have "fixed" a problem but at the same time you have basically destroyed a tool or an element of the game (which in my opinion is not a luxury that APB can afford). Just halving the ammo pool would already have made a pretty big effect.

While I do not agree, thanks for the feedback. 

On 9/29/2020 at 12:32 PM, PatrickBatemann said:

I agree, partly at least. I totally agree that blowtorches are (or were) pivotal to how some missions played out and for the record, I've always said that I have no idea why mods like this are locked behind R195 barrier (putting new players in a clear disadvantage). However in this case we are talking about a monumental nerf that is making it borderline useless. Both effects would be pretty significant individually but now we are talking less than half of the ammo it used to have AND nearly half the repair rate, making it less than a quarter as effective as it used to be.

It is sort of like killing a fly by shooting it with a naval cannon.

So yeah, you have "fixed" a problem but at the same time you have basically destroyed a tool or an element of the game (which in my opinion is not a luxury that APB can afford). Just halving the ammo pool would already have made a pretty big effect.

Blowtorch was broken. I think that the nerf my have hit a little hard on the ammo capacity, however the time to repair should definitely have been increased.