Sakebee

Mission Impossible Patch Announcement

19 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Yes, but they need to be careful about it. Mobile Spawn Point was originally added to help alleviate the problems with the vanilla spawn system (specifically, that it's complete shit). The problem is that in an effort to make it highly usable, they tuned it a bit too strongly. To fix it, they should start by:

• Invalid if within 20m of death location
    • Increase to 40m
      • Snipers should need to actually move back into position after a death
  • Invalid if enemy within 35m
    • Increase to 40m
      • For the sake of consistency with the previous
  • Add: "Invalid if mission objective within 100m"
    • This is so that defending teams can no longer put cars inside the objective area

This would be a good set of initial changes. After being life for a bit of time and the quirks have been shaken out, further tweaks may or may not be needed.

Reminder that in real life, vehicles don't violently explode. Gasoline is highly flammable, but not explosive.

It would be an interestesting set of changes, though honestly i'd be happy with increasing it to 40m from obj, and making it so if the vehicle is under fire you can't spawn on it

8 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

new players are proven to not play enough to get that every week nor know about it to begin with.

players who have been here a while or can speak the language to communicate with people can ask but not everyone can do that because of multiple countries that play.

and contrary to some peoples belief alig doesn't kill fast enough if there's armor 3 and no clear path to shoot the target vehicle in question.

for a new player it is a balance issue so they are making adjustments to see what they  would like for apb.

Alig + frag nade(s)

Problem I have with ALIG is when it's hitting your car it sounds like somebody is plinking pennies off the roof, and then after 4 shots you explode. I wouldn't even be so mad if it actually had a comparable impact sound to the amount of damage your car was taking.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

and making it so if the vehicle is under fire you can't spawn on it

That's a thing already. You can't spawn on smoking and burning vehicles 

That's the point too much Car play got us here. Guess ppl have to play the game and not just car, Blowtorch, high Burn happy combo. 

• Like 1

Anyone that i've gotten to play this game, their main criticism is that it is very one-sided...and they never log in again. 

It's a problem with the missions. 

Just because this playerbase has adjusted to the asinine core of this game doesnt mean it's good.

Doesn't matter how much you cry to get good, the problem is simply that it is not good.  

• Like 1

I think you could pretty much say that about any game that has been existence for 3 or more months. 

9 hours ago, Gro said:

Alig + frag nade(s)

New players who can talk to people in chat ( language barriers ) can ask how to get frags while some have no clue

And have you ever tried to use a frag while using an alig on a pioneer running you over?

It does not go well for most players unless of course youre a gold / veteran. not a new player tactic to try at all

5 hours ago, Senodus said:

You misunderstood, under fire; being shot. A system like how a ga5 station stops repairing for (x) amount of time if a car takes damage

• Like 2

On 8/4/2020 at 5:12 PM, Fortune Runner said:

most new players cant cope with how defensively strong those two cars are compared to the players who either unlocked those or bought them , who by then have  weapons unlocked that can kill those vehicles while  new players cant.

its a balance issue so they are adjusting to see if this works out or not.

Wouldnt that balance issue be resolved if they kept golds and dethreaters out of the lower districts? Maby its just me here but id think that would resolve alot more issues then differences between cars, not to mention you still have car surfer available which newbies dont.

10 hours ago, Senodus said:

uh you misinterpreted what i said. I said "under fire" meaning being fired at or damaged. Not "on fire".

5 hours ago, Acornie said:

You misunderstood, under fire; being shot. A system like how a ga5 station stops repairing for (x) amount of time if a car takes damage

^ Though i was thinking more of Battlefields in combat spawn prevention.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

9 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

New players who can talk to people in chat ( language barriers ) can ask how to get frags while some have no clue

And have you ever tried to use a frag while using an alig on a pioneer running you over?

It does not go well for most players unless of course youre a gold / veteran. not a new player tactic to try at all

Well, new players may read the tutorial.

The only thing I'd object is having Vegas HP almost paired with the Nulander Pioneer/Seiyo Espacio. Both changes on their HP seems in the right direction though but having them so close to each other doesn't make much sense to me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Wouldnt that balance issue be resolved if they kept golds and dethreaters out of the lower districts? Maby its just me here but id think that would resolve alot more issues then differences between cars, not to mention you still have car surfer available which newbies dont.

that would not change the steep learning curve and how new players do not know anything.

dethreaters are only part of a big equation

4 hours ago, Gro said:

Well, new players may read the tutorial.

and do they know where it is? many have said in the past and recently that the tutorial sucks in different ways

I don't think "90 second cooldown" was enough. Sure "less spammy" now but i think a 4050 second cooldown makes more sense, no sarcasm.

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

that would not change the steep learning curve and how new players do not know anything.

dethreaters are only part of a big equation

and do they know where it is? many have said in the past and recently that the tutorial sucks in different ways

Well, shit: new players don't know many things, not just tutorial or how to throw nades.

It's only means they have to learn it, not that we gotta make the game the way they can play it without learning how to.

It's a tps shooter, not rocket science, you gotta be like 12 or older to get how things work here. If you aren't intelligent enough to learn basics of a game, go back to your homework, might work out in the end.

• Thanks 1

Is it me or am I not noticing any new missions? Been playing all day. Maybe they're too similiar?

52 minutes ago, redzero35 said:

Is it me or am I not noticing any new missions? Been playing all day. Maybe they're too similiar?

Ultimately, the new missions are just different groupings and orderings on the existing objective types. You aren't going to notice that you got them unless you're specifically paying attention and have comprehensive knowledge of the old missions.

3 hours ago, Zolerox said:

I don't think "90 second cooldown" was enough. Sure "less spammy" now but i think a 4050 second cooldown makes more sense, no sarcasm.

In an ideal world it'd just be completely removed along with car spawners. /shrug

24 minutes ago, Kiida said:

In an ideal world it'd just be completely removed along with car spawners. /shrug

No need to remove things, just make them more balanced

• Thanks 1

When it comes to dethreating, I dethreat because when I go to silver district, all I fight is gold players with 2000+ hours in the game whom I can't even shoot once.

The game has always had an issue with low population and that's why dethreating is a thing. I don't really like stomping bronzes either, but at least you get more games with equal skill-tier silvers.

3 threats is not enough, in my opinion. I think 5-8 would be more applicable. (green doesn't count)

49 minutes ago, Phrozen said:

When it comes to dethreating, I dethreat because when I go to silver district, all I fight is gold players with 2000+ hours in the game whom I can't even shoot once.

The game has always had an issue with low population and that's why dethreating is a thing. I don't really like stomping bronzes either, but at least you get more games with equal skill-tier silvers.

3 threats is not enough, in my opinion. I think 5-8 would be more applicable. (green doesn't count)

If you are just losing gold naturally while in silver dist, that's just going down in threat here is nothing wrong with that.

I would encourage you to stay in silver, but so long as you aren't gaming the system, you should be fine.

3 hours ago, Phrozen said:

we have 40 different threat levels (1-10 for each color), they just arent shown to players 

On 8/6/2020 at 10:49 AM, HiLoSilver said:

That's the point too much Car play got us here. Guess ppl have to play the game and not just car, Blowtorch, high Burn happy combo. 

I've been a slave to the meta for so long I'm actually both scared and excited to have to find new ways play the game.

... mostly scared tho